Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E18 · Episodes

018 被卖给王后

被卖给王后

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 18 — 被卖给王后.

57 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

My master wanted to get as much money as he could from showing me

我的主人想通过展览我,尽可能多地赚钱。

旁白 neutral

He decided to take me and Glumdalclitch to the capital of Brobdingnag

他决定带我和格卢姆达尔克利奇去布罗卜丁奈格的首都。

旁白 neutral

" We'll stop at every town along the way,"

“我们要在沿途的每个城镇停留,”

旁白 neutral

I heard him say to his wife

我听见他对妻子说。

旁白 neutral

He was greedy, and I had begun to dislike him

他很贪婪,我已经开始讨厌他了。

旁白 neutral

One August morning, we set off for the capital city

八月的一个早晨,我们出发去首都。

旁白 neutral

We stopped often, and Glumdalclitch took me out of my traveling box to let me stretch and see the countryside

我们经常停下来,格卢姆达尔克利奇把我从旅行箱里取出来,让我伸展身体,看看乡下的风景。

旁白 neutral

Our trip lasted ten weeks, and I performed in 18 large towns and many villages

我们的旅程持续了十周,我在18个大城镇和许多村庄表演过。

旁白 neutral

Finally, we reached the capital

我们终于到达了首都。

旁白 neutral

Again my master rented a meeting room in a hotel and made me perform at least ten times every day

我的主人又在旅馆里租了一间会议室,逼我每天至少表演十次。

旁白 neutral

Crowds lined up to see me

人们排起长队来看我。

旁白 neutral

As the weeks passed I became more and more exhausted and lost a lot of weight

几个星期过去,我越来越疲惫,体重也减轻了许多。

旁白 neutral

I looked so terrible that my master began to think that I would die soon

我的模样糟透了,主人开始觉得我很快就要死了。

旁白 neutral

" I might as well get rid of you," he said unkindly

“我还不如把你处理掉,”他刻薄地说。

旁白 neutral

" You will be no use to me when you are dead."

“等你死了,对我就毫无用处了。”

旁白 neutral

One day, a messenger arrived from the palace nearby

一天,从附近的王宫来了一个信使。

旁白 neutral

" You are ordered to come to the palace with your creature," said the messenger to my master

“奉命召你带着你的小东西进宫,”信使对我的主人说。

旁白 neutral

" The queen and her ladies want to be entertained."

“女王和她的侍女们想看个新鲜。”

旁白 neutral

We went to the palace immediately

我们立刻赶往王宫。

旁白 neutral

A servant showed us into the room where the queen and her ladies were waiting

一个仆人把我们领进房间,女王和她的侍女们已在那里等候。

旁白 neutral

I kneeled down in front of the queen, and asked for the honor of kissing her foot

我跪在女王面前,请求得到亲吻她的脚的荣幸。

旁白 neutral

Instead, the queen held out her little finger to me

然而,女王却向我伸出了她的小拇指。

旁白 neutral

" You may kiss my finger," she said

“你可以亲吻我的手指。”她说。

旁白 neutral

I bowed, kissed her finger, and said

我鞠了一躬,亲吻了她的手指,说:

旁白 neutral

" It is a great honor to meet you, Your Majesty."

“能见到您是我莫大的荣幸,陛下。”

旁白 neutral

" Tell me about your country and your travels," she said

“给我讲讲你的国家和你的旅行见闻吧。”她说。

旁白 neutral

She showed great interest as I talked, and then she asked me a surprising question:

我讲述时她显得兴致盎然,然后她问了我一个意外的问题:

旁白 neutral

" Would you like to live here in the palace?"

“你愿意住在这宫殿里吗?”

旁白 neutral

I bowed again and replied

我再次鞠了一躬,答道:

旁白 neutral

" That is not for me to decide

“这不是我能决定的。

旁白 neutral

I must serve my master."

我必须侍奉我的主人。”

旁白 neutral

" Will you sell your creature?" she asked my master

“你愿意卖掉你的小人儿吗?”她问我的主人。

旁白 neutral

Since he thought I was dying anyway, he was happy to accept a thousand pieces of gold in exchange for me

反正他也觉得我快不行了,便欣然接受用一千枚金币来交换我。

旁白 neutral

" Your Majesty," I said politely to the queen," Glumdalclitch looks after me and teaches me well

“陛下,”我恭敬地对王后说,“格卢姆达尔克利奇一直照顾我,还用心教导我。

旁白 neutral

Could she stay here too?"

她也能留下来吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Will you allow this, farmer?" the queen asked my master

“农夫,你同意这事吗?”王后问我的主人。

旁白 neutral

" She may stay if she wants to," he replied

“如果她愿意,可以留下。”他回答道。

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch could hardly hide her joy

格卢姆达尔克利奇几乎掩饰不住自己的喜悦。

旁白 neutral

My master said good-bye to me and his daughter

我的主人向我和他女儿道了别。

旁白 neutral

As he was leaving, I bowed to him slightly

在他离开时,我向他微微鞠了一躬。

旁白 neutral

" You seem cold toward your master," the queen observed

“你对你主人似乎有些冷淡,”王后察觉到了。

旁白 neutral

" Tell me why."

“告诉我为什么。”

旁白 neutral

With some hesitation, I said," Your Majesty, he has worked me hard."

我有些犹豫地说:“陛下,他让我做苦工。”

旁白 neutral

And I explained what my master had made me do so that he could get rich

于是我解释了主人为了发财,都逼我做了些什么。

旁白 neutral

My story interested her, and she carried me to see the king

我的故事引发她的兴趣,她带着我去见国王。

旁白 neutral

He seemed a serious and intelligent man

他看起来是位严肃且睿智的人。

旁白 neutral

At first he thought I might be some sort of machine

起初,他以为我或许是某种机器。

旁白 neutral

He did not believe that someone of my size could be human

他不相信我这种尺寸的人能是人类。

旁白 neutral

When I began to speak, however, the king could not hide his amazement

然而,当我开口说话时,国王掩饰不住他的惊讶。

旁白 neutral

The queen asked me to tell my story all over again

王后要我重新讲述一遍我的故事。

旁白 neutral

The king was so impressed that he sent for his three best scholars

国王大为惊叹,于是召来了他最出色的三位学者。

旁白 neutral

They asked me many questions and discussed my answers at length

他们问了我许多问题,并对我的回答进行了详细讨论。

旁白 neutral

They decided that I could not be a human

他们断定,我不可能是人类。

旁白 neutral

" There are millions of people my size in England," I explained," but no one of your size."

“在英国,有我这种尺寸的人数以百万计,”我解释道,“但没有你们这种尺寸的人。”

旁白 neutral

The scholars just smiled in disbelief

学者们只是难以置信地笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

After they left, the king asked me and Glumdalclitch many questions

他们走后,国王问我和格卢姆达尔克利奇许多问题。

旁白 neutral

Finally, he decided that my story must be true

最后,他断定我的故事一定是真的。