Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E17 · Episodes

017 被展出的格列佛

被展出的格列佛

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 17 — 被展出的格列佛.

51 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The next morning, Glumdalclitch told me what she had found out

第二天早上,格卢姆达克利奇告诉我她发现了什么。

旁白 neutral

" Our neighbor thought you were very rude and he's angry with you

“我们的邻居觉得你非常粗鲁,他生你的气了。

旁白 neutral

He told my father that people would pay him to see you

他告诉我父亲,人们会付钱给他来看你。

旁白 neutral

Papa is going to take you to town on the next market day and put you on display."

爸爸打算在下一个集市日带你去镇上,把你展出。”

旁白 neutral

She was crying now

她现在哭了。

旁白 neutral

" People will stare at you."

“人们会盯着你看。”

旁白 neutral

" Hmm," I said," perhaps nothing bad will happen."

“嗯,”我说,“也许不会有什么坏事发生。”

旁白 neutral

" But what if people hurt you or drop you?" she said

“但是如果人们伤害你或者把你摔了怎么办?”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Papa told me you were mine, but now he wants to show you off to get money

“爸爸告诉过我你是我的,但现在他却想拿你去炫耀赚钱。

旁白 neutral

It's just like what he did last year when he gave me a lamb."

这就像他去年给我一只小羊时做的一样。”

旁白 neutral

She cried harder

她哭得更厉害了。

旁白 neutral

" What happened?" I asked nervously

“发生什么事了?”我紧张地问。

旁白 neutral

" I cared for the lamb, and it grew into a fine, fat sheep

“我照料过那只小羊,它长成了一只又好看又肥的绵羊。

旁白 neutral

Then Papa sold it to the butcher."

后来爸爸把它卖给了屠夫。”

旁白 neutral

She sobbed unhappily at the memory of her lost pet lamb

想起失去的宠物小羊,她伤心地啜泣着。

旁白 neutral

But I was not quite as worried as Glumdalclitch

但我并不像格卢姆达克利奇那样担心。

旁白 neutral

And I still had hope that one day I would be free again

而且我仍然希望有一天能重获自由。

旁白 neutral

On market day, my master put me in a box

赶集那天,主人把我放进一个盒子里。

旁白 neutral

It had an opening for a door and some holes in the top to let in air

盒子有一个门洞,顶部还有一些通气孔。

旁白 neutral

I remembered keeping a frog in a similar box when I was a little boy

我记得小时候也曾把一只青蛙关在类似的盒子里。

旁白 neutral

" How strange to be treated like a captive frog," I said to myself

“被当成一只关着的青蛙,真是奇怪。”我自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

My master put Glumdalclitch on his horse and got on in front of her

主人把格卢姆达克利奇扶上马,然后自己骑在她前面。

旁白 neutral

" Hold the box tightly. Don't drop it!"

“把盒子抓紧,别掉了!”

旁白 neutral

he told her as we set off for the town

我们出发去镇上的时候,他对她说。

旁白 neutral

As the horse trotted along, I was bounced around violently

马一路小跑,我被颠得东倒西歪。

旁白 neutral

I felt as if I were on a ship in a very bad storm

我觉得自己就像在一艘遭遇暴风雨的船上。

旁白 neutral

But soon we arrived at the hotel where my master stayed on market days

不过我们很快就到了主人赶集时常住的旅馆。

旁白 neutral

" I want to rent your largest meeting room," he said to the hotel man

“我想租你们最大的会客厅,”他对旅馆老板说。

旁白 neutral

" I will have many guests tonight."

“今晚会有很多客人来。”

旁白 neutral

My master hired a man to spread the word about the strange creature that would be on show at the hotel that night

主人雇了一个人去散布消息,说当晚旅馆里会有一个奇怪的生物展出。

旁白 neutral

" Come and see the tiny man!" this man shouted in the streets

这人在街上大喊:“快来看小人儿!”

旁白 neutral

" It walks, it talks, but it's only the size of a small doll!"

它会走路,会说话,可只有小娃娃那么大!

旁白 neutral

Many people came to the hotel that evening

那天晚上,许多人来到了旅馆。

旁白 neutral

My master put me on the table in the meeting room

主人把我放在会议室的桌子上。

旁白 neutral

" Glumdalclitch," he said to his daughter," make Grildig show the people what he can do."

他对女儿说:“格卢姆达克利奇,让格里尔迪格给大伙儿表演一下他的本事。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm sorry," she whispered to me," but please do what my father wants."

她悄声对我说:“对不起,但请你照我父亲说的去做。”

旁白 neutral

She sat nearby while I bowed to the crowd

我向众人鞠躬时,她就坐在旁边。

旁白 neutral

" I'm delighted to meet you all," I said

我说:“很高兴见到大家。”

旁白 neutral

I walked about and answered the people's questions in a loud voice

我走来走去,大声回答人们的问题。

旁白 neutral

They clapped and cheered when I pulled out my sword and pretended to fight

我拔出剑假装打斗时,他们鼓掌欢呼起来。

旁白 neutral

My master let only thirty people into the room at a time so that all could see me well

主人每次只让三十人进屋,好让所有人都能看清楚我。

旁白 neutral

I performed for 12 groups that night, and everyone paid my master for the show

那天晚上我演了十二场,每个人都向主人付了表演费。

旁白 neutral

He watched the people carefully and would not let anyone touch me

他仔细盯着人群,不让任何人碰我。

旁白 neutral

I was valuable to him, so he did not want me to get hurt

我对他很值钱,所以他不愿让我受伤。

旁白 neutral

Throughout the evening, the crowd outside the hotel grew

整个晚上,旅馆外的人群越来越多。

旁白 neutral

" Come again on the next market day

“下个赶集日再来。

旁白 neutral

Send your friends," my master told the people

把你们的朋友也带来,”主人对人们说。

旁白 neutral

I was so exhausted after the last show that I could hardly stand up

最后一场表演后,我累得几乎站不起来。

旁白 neutral

The next day, we went home, and after three days I began to feel a little better

第二天我们回了家,三天后我才感觉好了一点。

旁白 neutral

But even at the farmer's house, people demanded to see me

可是即便在农夫家里,人们也要求见我。

旁白 neutral

My master got more and more money, and I got more and more tired

主人赚的钱越来越多,我也越来越累。