Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E16 · Episodes

016 格列佛的看护人

格列佛的看护人

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 16 — 格列佛的看护人.

63 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The farmer, whom I now thought of as my master, had a daughter about nine years old

那个农夫,我现在把他看作我的主人,有一个大约九岁的女儿。

旁白 neutral

She was very clever and good-natured

她非常聪明,而且脾气很好。

旁白 neutral

Her father gave her the responsibility of taking care of me

她父亲让她负责照顾我。

旁白 neutral

She took her responsibility very seriously and looked after me well

她非常认真负责,把我照顾得很好。

旁白 neutral

I called her " Glumdalclitch," which means " little nurse " in her language

我叫她“葛兰达克丽丝”,这在她的语言里是“小保姆”的意思。

旁白 neutral

She called me " Grildig," which means " toy man," and soon everyone called me that

她叫我“格里尔迪格”,意思是“玩具人”,不久大家就都这么叫我了。

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch made a comfortable bed for me in her doll's crib

葛兰达克丽丝在她娃娃的婴儿床里,给我铺了一张舒服的床。

旁白 neutral

She was very skilled at making clothes for her doll

她很会为她的娃娃缝制衣服。

旁白 neutral

Before long, she had made me all the shirts, pants, and jackets I needed

没过多久,她就为我做好了所有我需要的衬衫、裤子和外套。

旁白 neutral

She spent all her time with me and began to teach me her language

她所有的时间都和我在一起,并且开始教我她的语言。

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch was a good teacher, and I learned quickly

格兰姆达尔克莉奇是个好老师,我学得很快。

旁白 neutral

Before long, I was able to talk a bit with her and the family

不久,我就能和她还有她的家人聊上几句了。

旁白 neutral

She told me that her country was called Brobdingnag

她告诉我,她的国家叫布罗丁奈格。

旁白 neutral

I told her that I came from a faraway country called England

我告诉她,我来自一个遥远的国家,叫英格兰。

旁白 neutral

" In England," I explained," people are about my size

“在英格兰,”我解释说,“人们差不多和我一般大小。

旁白 neutral

They are very small compared with the people in Brobdingnag."

和布罗丁奈格的人比起来,他们可小多了。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh," she said, clapping her hands in delight

“哦,”她说着,高兴地拍起手来。

旁白 neutral

" I hope more of them come to Brobdingnag

“真希望有更多他们那样的人来布罗丁奈格。

旁白 neutral

I would love to have more little friends like you."

我很想多几个像你这样的小小人儿朋友。”

旁白 neutral

Gradually, people in the neighborhood learned that my master had a tiny, human-like " animal " living at his house — me

渐渐地,邻里间都知道了,我主人家养着一个微小的、像人一样的“动物”——那就是我。

旁白 neutral

One day, a neighbor came by for a visit

有一天,一位邻居过来串门。

旁白 neutral

" Hello, neighbor," he said to my master

“你好啊,邻居,”他对我的主人说。

旁白 neutral

" People are talking about some tiny human you found in your cornfield

“人们都在议论,说你在玉米地里发现了一个很小的人儿。

旁白 neutral

Their stories are unbelievable, so I came to ask you what you found

他们说得太离奇了,所以我过来问问你到底发现了什么。

旁白 neutral

Was it an insect?

是只虫子吗?

旁白 neutral

Or a very small animal?"

还是一只特别小的动物?”

旁白 neutral

" The stories you have heard are true," replied my master

“你听到的传言都是真的,”我的主人回答。

旁白 neutral

" It's a tiny human

“那就是个微缩版的人类。

旁白 neutral

One of my farm workers found it

是我农场里的一个工人发现的。

旁白 neutral

I would be happy to show him to you

我很乐意领你去看看他。

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch, bring Grildig here, please."

格兰姆达尔克莉奇,请把格里尔迪格带来。”

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch put me on the table in front of her father and his guest

格兰姆达尔克莉奇把我放在桌上,就在她父亲和他的客人面前。

旁白 neutral

" Grildig," she said," please walk back and forth so our guest can get a look at you."

“格里尔迪格,”她说,“请来回走一走,让我们的客人看看你。”

旁白 neutral

Then she whispered," Be polite. Our neighbor is a bit bad-tempered."

然后她小声说:“要有礼貌。我们的邻居脾气有点坏。”

旁白 neutral

" With pleasure," I replied, bowing to the neighbor

“乐意之至,”我回答着,并向邻居鞠了一躬。

旁白 neutral

In his own language, I said

我用他们的语言说道,

旁白 neutral

" I am pleased to meet you, sir

“先生,很高兴见到您。

旁白 neutral

I am called Grildig

我叫格里尔迪格。

旁白 neutral

How are you today?"

您今天好吗?”

旁白 neutral

The neighbor was amazed at my size and my ability to speak his language

邻居对我的个头和说他们语言的能力惊讶不已。

旁白 neutral

He put on his glasses so that he could see me better

他戴上眼镜,以便把我看得更清楚。

旁白 neutral

I could not help laughing;

我忍不住笑了起来;

旁白 neutral

his eyes looked so funny through the lenses of his glasses

他的眼睛透过镜片,显得十分滑稽。

旁白 neutral

" Humph!" he exclaimed

“哼!”他大声说道。

旁白 neutral

" What's so funny?

“有什么好笑的?

旁白 neutral

Why are you laughing at me?"

你为什么要嘲笑我?”

旁白 neutral

" I apologize, sir,"

“先生,我道歉,”

旁白 neutral

I said as I tried to control my laughter

我一边努力忍住笑,一边说道。

旁白 neutral

" To me your eyes are huge and look like two full moons shining through the windows of a room."

“在我看来,您的眼睛巨大,就像两轮满月透过房间的窗户照进来一样。”

旁白 neutral

" How dare you!" he replied

“你好大的胆子!”他回应道。

旁白 neutral

" Oh sir," said Glumdalclitch," Grildig did not mean to laugh at you

“哦,先生,”格兰姆达尔克莉奇说,“格里德格不是故意要嘲笑您的。

旁白 neutral

He is just happy to see you."

他只是很高兴见到您。”

旁白 neutral

Unfortunately, the neighbor had no sense of humor and was not about to forgive me

不幸的是,这位邻居毫无幽默感,并不打算原谅我。

旁白 neutral

I had made an enemy

我结下了一个仇人。

旁白 neutral

" Take Grildig away," my master said to his daughter

“把格里德格带走,”我的主人对他女儿说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, Papa," Glumdalclitch replied

“好的,爸爸,”格兰姆达尔克莉奇回答。

旁白 neutral

" Come on, Grildig, let's go have another lesson and learn some new words."

“来吧,格里德格,我们去上另一堂课,学些新词。”

旁白 neutral

From the next room I could see my master and the neighbor whispering together for a long time

从隔壁房间,我能看到我的主人和那位邻居在一起低声交谈了很久。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes they pointed at me

他们时不时地朝我指指点点。

旁白 neutral

" What are they discussing?" I asked Glumdalclitch

“他们在讨论什么?”我问格兰姆达尔克莉奇。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know, Grildig," she answered with a worried look

“我不知道,格里德格,”她一脸担忧地回答。

旁白 neutral

I soon found out what they were talking about

我很快就知道他们在谈什么了。

旁白 neutral

I was not happy to learn of their plans for me

得知他们对我的计划后,我一点也不高兴。