Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E13 · Episodes

013 新的冒险

新的冒险

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 13 — 新的冒险.

59 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Not long after I had returned to England, my family and I said our good-byes again

回到英国后不久,我和家人再次道别。

旁白 neutral

On June 20, 1702, I left England on a ship called the Adventure

1702年6月20日,我乘坐一艘叫“冒险号”的船离开了英国。

旁白 neutral

It was going to sail around Africa to India

这艘船将绕过非洲,驶向印度。

旁白 neutral

The winds were good on the way to the Cape of Good Hope in southern Africa

在前往非洲南部好望角的途中,风向一直很有利。

旁白 neutral

When we arrived in the harbor, the captain said

我们到达港口时,船长说:

旁白 neutral

" We'll stay here until March."

“我们将在这里待到三月。”

旁白 neutral

" But why?" I asked

“但这是为什么?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" The ship needs some repairs," he explained

“船需要修理一下,”他解释说。

旁白 neutral

" And the winds are not good now for sailing to India

“而且现在的风向不适合航行去印度。

旁白 neutral

The March winds will be better."

三月的风会更好。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm not pleased," I said

“我不高兴,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" I want to see India."

“我想去印度。”

旁白 neutral

" Can't you explore this place?" said the captain

“你就不能探索一下这个地方吗?”船长说。

旁白 neutral

" There is much to see here."

“这里有很多可看的。”

旁白 neutral

The captain was right

船长是对的。

旁白 neutral

In Africa I met fascinating people and saw some amazing animals

在非洲,我遇到了有趣的人,看到了一些奇妙的动物。

旁白 neutral

But I was impatient to continue our trip

但我急切地想继续我们的旅程。

旁白 neutral

Finally, in March of 1703, the Adventure set sail for India

终于,在1703年3月,冒险号启航前往印度。

旁白 neutral

The winds were good until we got near Madagascar, an island off the east coast of Africa

在我们靠近马达加斯加——非洲东海岸外的一座岛屿之前,风向都很好。

旁白 neutral

Then a strong wind began to blow

然后一阵强风开始刮了起来。

旁白 neutral

The sea was very rough and tossed our little ship around for twenty days

海面波涛汹涌,把我们的小船颠来倒去,整整折腾了二十天。

旁白 neutral

Then, suddenly, the wind stopped

然后,风突然停了。

旁白 neutral

" This perfect calm is very pleasant,"

“这风平浪静的感觉真舒服,”

旁白 neutral

I said to the captain, who had sailed the oceans for many years

我对那位有着多年航海经验的船长说。

旁白 neutral

" It won't last long," he replied with a worried look

“这种平静不会持续太久,”他面带忧虑地回答。

旁白 neutral

" I think a bad storm will begin soon."

“我觉得一场猛烈的风暴很快就要来了。”

旁白 neutral

To the crew he shouted," Prepare for rough seas tomorrow!"

他朝船员们喊道:“做好明天迎接狂风巨浪的准备!”

旁白 neutral

As the captain had predicted, the next day the wind got stronger and stronger

正如船长所料,第二天风势越来越猛。

旁白 neutral

The crew adjusted the sails as the violent storm raged

在猛烈的暴风雨肆虐时,船员们调整着船帆。

旁白 neutral

The fierce wind howled and the waves broke over the ship

狂风怒号,巨浪冲打着船身。

旁白 neutral

After many hours, the wind finally became less violent and the sea became calmer

过了好几个小时,风终于减弱了,海面也平静了些。

旁白 neutral

The storm had blown the Adventure hundreds of kilometers to the east

风暴把冒险号吹得向东偏离了数百公里。

旁白 neutral

" Where are we?" I asked the captain

“我们在哪儿?”我问船长。

旁白 neutral

" I can't tell for sure," he said," but our supply of water is now very low

“我说不准,”他说,“但我们的淡水储备现在非常少了。

旁白 neutral

We must reach land soon and fill our water barrels."

我们必须尽快找到陆地,把水桶装满。”

旁白 neutral

Many days passed and we saw nothing but the sea

很多天过去了,我们除了大海什么也看不见。

旁白 neutral

At last, one morning a sailor cried out," Land!"

终于,一天早晨,一个水手大喊:“陆地!”

旁白 neutral

Everyone on the ship was happy to hear that word

听到这个词,船上的每个人都高兴极了。

旁白 neutral

The ship sailed closer to the land

船朝着陆地驶得更近了。

旁白 neutral

We could not tell whether it was a large island or a continent

我们分辨不出那是一个大岛屿还是一块大陆。

旁白 neutral

" You men," said the captain to some of the crew," take the rowboats and go ashore

“你们几个,”船长对一部分船员说,“带上划艇上岸去。

旁白 neutral

Fill the water barrels with fresh water."

把水桶装满淡水。”

旁白 neutral

" Captain," I said," may I go with them to take a look at this place?"

“船长,”我说,“我能跟他们一起去看看这个地方吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Of course," he replied

“当然可以,”他回答。

旁白 neutral

" You can tell me later what it is like."

“你待会儿可以告诉我那地方什么样。”

旁白 neutral

When the rowboats reached the shore, one of the sailors said

当划艇到达岸边时,一个水手说:

旁白 neutral

" I see no rivers or streams nearby

“我看这附近没有河流或小溪。

旁白 neutral

We will have to walk along the shore to look for fresh water."

我们得沿着海岸走走,找找淡水。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm going to walk inland to explore a little," I told them

“我打算往内陆走走,稍微探索一下。”我告诉他们。

旁白 neutral

" I will meet you back here in an hour."

“一小时后我回这里和你们碰头。”

旁白 neutral

I walked about a kilometer, enjoying being on land again

我走了大约一公里,享受着重新踏上陆地的感觉。

旁白 neutral

Then I turned and walked back to meet the crew

然后我转身往回走,去和船员们会合。

旁白 neutral

When I arrived on the beach, the sailors were not there

当我到达海滩时,水手们不在那里。

旁白 neutral

They were in the rowboats, rowing as fast as they could toward the Adventure

他们在划艇上,正拼命地朝冒险号划去。

旁白 neutral

I was going to shout out to them, when I saw a huge giant walking through the sea

我正要朝他们大喊,这时我看到一个巨大的巨人正从海里走过来。

旁白 neutral

It was trying to catch up with the rowboats

它正试图追上那些划艇。

旁白 neutral

The sailors were almost at the ship, and I could see that the giant would not catch them

水手们几乎快到船边了,我看得出来巨人追不上他们了。

旁白 neutral

I did not wait to see what happened next

我没有等着看接下来发生的事。

旁白 neutral

I ran as fast as I could in the other direction

我拼尽全力朝相反的方向跑去。