Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E31 · Episodes

031 大麻烦

大麻烦

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 31 — 大麻烦.

93 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

October 3

10月3日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

You wrote me a note!

您给我写了封短信!

旁白 neutral

And it's in your own handwriting, which looks pretty wobbly

而且是您亲笔写的,字迹看起来歪歪扭扭的。

旁白 neutral

I'm sorry that you've been sick

听说您生病了,我很难过。

旁白 neutral

I wouldn't have bothered you if I'd known

要是我知道的话,就不会去打扰您了。

旁白 neutral

Yes, I'll tell you my problem in a letter, but it's VERY PRIVATE

是的,我会在信里告诉您我的问题,但这是个非常私人的问题。

旁白 neutral

Please burn this after you read it

请您看完后把这封信烧掉。

旁白 neutral

Before I begin, here's a check for one thousand dollars

在开始说之前,这里有一张一千美元的支票。

旁白 neutral

It seems funny to be sending you a check!

给您寄支票感觉有点滑稽!

旁白 neutral

I still owe you two thousand dollars, but I intend to repay that

我还欠你两千美元,但我打算还清。

旁白 neutral

Where do you think I got the money?

你猜我这钱是哪儿来的?

旁白 neutral

A publisher has bought my book!

有家出版社买了我的书!

旁白 neutral

You probably think I'm wild with joy

你也许以为我欣喜若狂。

旁白 neutral

But I'm not, because of my problem

但我没有,因为我的那个烦恼。

旁白 neutral

I'm in love with Jervis Pendleton

我爱上了杰维斯·潘德顿。

旁白 neutral

We're so compatible in every way

我们在各方面都那么合拍。

旁白 neutral

We can talk for hours, and we have the same sense of humor

我们可以聊上好几个小时,而且笑点都一样。

旁白 neutral

He's 14 years older than I am, but sometimes he seems like a boy

他比我大十四岁,但有时就像个男孩子。

旁白 neutral

He still needs someone to remind him to wear his raincoat!

他还是需要别人提醒他穿雨衣!

旁白 neutral

I wish you could meet him and see how wonderful he is

我真希望你能见见他,看看他有多好。

旁白 neutral

The whole world seems empty without him

没有他,全世界都显得那么空虚。

旁白 neutral

I hate the moonlight because he's not here to enjoy it with me

我连月光都觉得讨厌,因为他不能在这儿和我一起欣赏。

旁白 neutral

So what's my problem?

那么,我的问题到底是什幺呢?

旁白 neutral

One day when he was here at the farm, we went for a long walk and a picnic

有一天他来农场的时候,我们去散了很久的步,还野餐了。

旁白 neutral

We had just finished our lunch, when Jervie announced that he had a question for me

我们刚吃完午饭,杰维就宣布他有个问题要问我。

旁白 neutral

He seemed awfully nervous, but he got right to the point

他看起来紧张得要命,但还是直截了当地说了。

旁白 neutral

Jervie took my hand and asked," Judy, will you marry me?"

杰维握住我的手,问道:“朱迪,你愿意嫁给我吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Jervie!" I said softly

“哦,杰维!”我轻声说道。

旁白 neutral

He smiled at me

他对我微笑着。

旁白 neutral

I know he thought I was pleased

我知道他以为我很开心。

旁白 neutral

And I was happy

我也的确很高兴。

旁白 neutral

But I was also miserable because there was no way I could marry him

但我也很痛苦,因为我根本不可能嫁给他。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Jervie," I said again

我又说了一遍:“哦,杰维。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm so sorry, but I can't marry you."

“真的很抱歉,但我不能嫁给你。”

旁白 neutral

" What do you mean?" His face clouded over

“你这是什么意思?”他的脸色沉了下来。

旁白 neutral

I just sat on the grass, silent and miserable

我只是坐在草地上,一言不发,痛苦不堪。

旁白 neutral

" It's that Jimmy McBride," he said angrily

“是因为那个吉米·麦克布莱德,”他生气地说。

旁白 neutral

" Do you want to marry him?"

“你想嫁给他吗?”

旁白 neutral

I shook my head no, but I know Jervie didn't believe me

我摇头表示不想,但我知道杰维不相信我。

旁白 neutral

( I'd never marry Jimmy in a million years. He's not grown-up enough.)

(我绝不会嫁给吉米,永远都不会。他太不成熟了。)

旁白 neutral

" I can't believe what a foolish girl you are, Judy Abbott!"

“我真不敢相信你是个多么傻的姑娘,朱迪·阿博特!”

旁白 neutral

Now I was angry

这下我也生气了。

旁白 neutral

" Don't call me a foolish girl!

“别叫我傻姑娘!

旁白 neutral

How dare you presume that I'd marry you!"

你怎么敢指望我会嫁给你!”

旁白 neutral

And then we both said some dreadful, hurtful things

然后我们都说了一些很过分、很伤人的话。

旁白 neutral

We quickly packed up our picnic basket and returned to the farmhouse

我们匆匆收拾好野餐篮,回到了农庄。

旁白 neutral

Jervie left that afternoon, and I haven't heard from him since

杰维斯那天下午就走了,从那以后我再也没有他的消息。

旁白 neutral

I couldn't tell him the truth

我没法告诉他真相。

旁白 neutral

I refused his proposal because I love him so much

我拒绝他的求婚,恰恰是因为我太爱他了。

旁白 neutral

I know that sounds absurd

我知道这听起来很荒谬。

旁白 neutral

But I was afraid he'd regret marrying me, and I couldn't stand that

但我害怕他会后悔娶了我,而我受不了那个。

旁白 neutral

You see, he knows I'm an orphan

你看,他知道我是个孤儿。

旁白 neutral

But I've never told him about the orphanage

但我从没告诉过他孤儿院的事。

旁白 neutral

It didn't seem right for someone of his background to marry someone like me

像他那种出身的人,娶一个像我这样的人,似乎不太合适。

旁白 neutral

Who knows what my original family is like?

谁知道我原本的家庭是什么样子呢?

旁白 neutral

They could be perfectly DREADFUL people

他们可能是非常糟糕的人。

旁白 neutral

But there's another reason

但还有另一个原因。

旁白 neutral

You've spent all this money to educate me as a writer

您花了这么多钱培养我成为一名作家。

旁白 neutral

So I should at least give that a try — although I guess I could be a wife and a writer too

所以我至少应该试一试——虽然我想我也可以既当妻子又当作家。

旁白 neutral

This all happened about two months ago

这一切大概是两个月前的事了。

旁白 neutral

I hadn't heard a word from Jervie since he was here

自从杰维斯离开后,我就再没有他的任何消息。

旁白 neutral

I was getting used to having a broken heart

我已经开始习惯心碎的感觉了。

旁白 neutral

But then I got a letter from Julia and that stirred me up again

但后来我收到了茱莉亚的信,我的心又乱了。

旁白 neutral

She casually mentioned that her uncle Jervis got sick while traveling in Canada

她随口提到,她叔叔杰维斯在加拿大旅行时病倒了。

旁白 neutral

He has been ill ever since with pneumonia

从那以后,他就一直肺炎缠身。

旁白 neutral

And I never even knew it!

而我竟然对此一无所知!

旁白 neutral

I imagine Jervie is pretty unhappy, and I know I am!

我想杰维斯一定很不快乐,而我知道我也是!

旁白 neutral

What if I go to him and explain that the trouble isn't Jimmy McBride, but the John Grier Home?

如果我去找他,向他解释问题不在吉米·麦克布莱德,而是约翰·格里尔孤儿院呢?

旁白 neutral

Would that be a terrible thing to do?

这样做会很糟糕吗?

旁白 neutral

You know a lot about the world, and you probably have a family

您见多识广,应该也有自己的家庭。

旁白 neutral

So I'd like your unemotional opinion on this mess

所以,对于这团乱麻,我想听听您不带感情色彩的意见。

旁白 neutral

Yours

您的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

October 6

10月6日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔:

旁白 neutral

Thank you for inviting me to visit you

谢谢您邀请我去看望您。

旁白 neutral

I'll arrive next Wednesday at half past four

我下周三下午四点半到。

旁白 neutral

I laughed when you asked if I could find the way

您问起我能不能找到路时,我笑了。

旁白 neutral

Of course I can!

我当然能找到!

旁白 neutral

I've been to New York City before to visit Julia

我以前去过纽约,是去看茱莉亚。

旁白 neutral

I can't believe that I'll finally get to meet you

真不敢相信,我终于能见到您了。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes I don't think that you're a real person

有时候,我觉得您不是个真实存在的人。

旁白 neutral

You're very nice to invite me when you aren't feeling well

您身体不适还邀请我,真是太好了。

旁白 neutral

Take good care of yourself

请照顾好自己。

旁白 neutral

I've just had an awful thought

我刚刚想到一个可怕的念头。

旁白 neutral

Do you have a butler?

您有管家吗?

旁白 neutral

I'm afraid of butlers

我怕管家。

旁白 neutral

If one opens the door, I'll faint right there on your steps

要是管家来开门,我会直接晕倒在您家门口的台阶上。

旁白 neutral

Affectionately

爱您的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

P. S. You've never told me your real name

又及:您从未告诉过我您的真名。

旁白 neutral

When I arrive, should I ask for Mr. Smith?

我到的时候,该说要找史密斯先生吗?