Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E30 · Episodes

030 毕业后的生活

毕业后的生活

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 30 — 毕业后的生活.

97 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

May 17

5月17日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

This letter will be very short

这封信会很短。

旁白 neutral

My hand aches from taking notes in class and writing my novel

我的手因为课上记笔记和写小说而酸痛。

旁白 neutral

Graduation is in three weeks

毕业典礼在三周后。

旁白 neutral

I think you should come and introduce yourself to me

我觉得你应该来,向我介绍一下你自己。

旁白 neutral

Julia is inviting Jervie, and Sallie's inviting Jimmy

朱莉娅邀请了杰维,萨莉邀请了吉米。

旁白 neutral

But who can I invite?

但我能邀请谁呢?

旁白 neutral

Just you and Mrs. Lippett, and I don't want her here

只有你和李皮特太太,而我不想让她来。

旁白 neutral

Please come. I'll hate you if you don't

请来吧。如果你不来,我会恨你的。

旁白 neutral

Yours, with love and writer's cramp

爱你的,写得手都酸了,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

June 19

6月19日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

I'm officially a college graduate!

我正式大学毕业了!

旁白 neutral

My diploma is in the bottom drawer of my bureau here at Lock Willow with my two best dresses

我的毕业证书放在洛克威洛这里衣柜最下面的抽屉里,和我最好的两件裙子在一起。

旁白 neutral

I was disappointed that you weren't at the graduation ceremony

你没来参加毕业典礼,我很失望。

旁白 neutral

But thank you for the roses. They were lovely

不过谢谢你的玫瑰花,它们很漂亮。

旁白 neutral

We were getting dressed for the ceremony when they arrived

我们正在为典礼穿衣服的时候,花送来了。

旁白 neutral

" Another box of flowers for you, Judy!" Sallie said

“又有一盒花给你,朱迪!”莎莉说。

旁白 neutral

" That makes three. One from Jimmy

“一共三束花。一束是吉米的。”

旁白 neutral

One from Jervis. And now this one."

一束是杰维斯的。现在又来一束。”

旁白 neutral

" You get more flowers than anyone I know."

“你收到的花比我认识的任何人都多。”

旁白 neutral

Julia peeked over my shoulder, trying to see who they were from

茱莉亚从我肩后偷看,想看看是谁送的花。

旁白 neutral

I read the card and announced," These are from my guardian, Mr. Smith."

我读了卡片,宣布道:“这些花是我的监护人史密斯先生送的。”

旁白 neutral

" I still don't understand why Uncle Jervis sent you roses," Julia went on

“我还是不明白为什么杰维斯叔叔送你玫瑰,”茱莉亚接着说。

旁白 neutral

I smiled to myself." Probably just because I'm your roommate."

我暗自笑了笑。“大概只因为我是你的室友吧。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm Julia's roommate too, and he didn't send me flowers," Sallie said

“我也是茱莉亚的室友,他可没送我花,”莎莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Not that I need any more flowers

“我倒不是还需要更多花。

旁白 neutral

Jimmy's are enough for me

吉米送的就够了。”

旁白 neutral

Whose flowers are you going to carry in the procession, Judy?"

“朱迪,毕业游行时你要拿谁的花?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I hadn't thought about that."

“哦,我还没想过这个。”

旁白 neutral

Julia had already moved on to other things

朱莉娅已经把话题转到别的事上去了。

旁白 neutral

" I hate these horrible black caps and gowns we have to wear

“我讨厌我们得穿这些难看的黑色毕业服。

旁白 neutral

What's the point of a new dress if it's hidden?"

要是新裙子被盖住,那还有什么意义?”

旁白 neutral

" I think we're all supposed to look alike." Sallie turned to me

“我想,本来就该我们所有人都穿得一样吧。”莎莉转向我。

旁白 neutral

" Have you decided on your flowers?

“你决定好拿哪束花了吗?

旁白 neutral

We have to leave in a few minutes."

我们几分钟后就得走了。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I'll carry Mr. Smith's and put the others in some water in the bathtub."

“嗯,我就拿史密斯先生的花,其他的就放点水,养在浴缸里。”

旁白 neutral

And so, Mr. Smith, it was your roses that had the honor of accompanying me to graduation

就这样,史密斯先生,您的玫瑰花有幸陪我参加了毕业典礼。

旁白 neutral

I only wish you had been there to see me

我只希望您当时能在场看看我。

旁白 neutral

I'm at the farm for the summer — maybe forever

这个夏天我待在农场——也许永远待下去。

旁白 neutral

All I want are peace and quiet and lots of time to write

我只想要宁静平和,以及大把的写作时间。

旁白 neutral

And I have that here

而这里正是如此。

旁白 neutral

Jervie is coming for a week or so in August

杰维八月会来住上一周左右。

旁白 neutral

Jimmy McBride is going to drop by sometime this summer

吉米·麦克布莱德今年夏天会找个时间来串门。

旁白 neutral

I wish you would arrive in your car, but I know that's a hopeless dream

真希望您能开车过来,但我知道那只是无法实现的梦。

旁白 neutral

Sincerely yours

您真挚的,

旁白 neutral

Judy Abbott, B. A

朱迪·阿博特,文学士

旁白 neutral

P. S. Aren't you proud to see bachelor of arts after my name?

又及:看到我名字后面跟着“文学士”,您难道不感到骄傲吗?

旁白 neutral

It looks so official

这看起来好正式。

旁白 neutral

July 24

7月24日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

It's so much fun to work

工作真是有趣。

旁白 neutral

( Maybe you don't know that

(也许你不知道。

旁白 neutral

Do you even work at all?)

你到底工作吗?)

旁白 neutral

It's especially fun when you're doing something that makes you happy

特别是当你在做让自己开心的事情时,就更加有趣。

旁白 neutral

Every day I write as fast as my pen can go

每天我都用笔能写多快就写多快。

旁白 neutral

My only problem is that there aren't enough hours in the day to work on my book

我唯一的问题是一天里没有足够的时间来写我的书。

旁白 neutral

Did I tell you that Amos, the farmhand, married Carrie, the maid, in May?

我告诉过你吗?农场帮工阿莫斯和女佣卡丽五月结婚了。

旁白 neutral

I think marriage has ruined their relationship

我觉得婚姻毁了他们的关系。

旁白 neutral

The other day he tracked mud on the floor

有一天他把泥踩到了地板上。

旁白 neutral

" Look what you've done, Amos!" Carrie scolded him

“看看你干的好事,阿莫斯!”凯莉责备道。

旁白 neutral

" I just washed that floor!"

“我刚擦过地板!”

旁白 neutral

She used to laugh when he did something like that

以前他做这种事,她都会笑。

旁白 neutral

" Go back outside and bring in some wood for the fire," Carrie said

“到外面去,拿些柴火进来。”凯莉说。

旁白 neutral

Amos grumbled something I couldn't hear

阿莫斯咕哝了些什么,我没听见。

旁白 neutral

He used to do anything she asked, but no more

他以前对她有求必应,但现在不了。

旁白 neutral

Looking at them, I vowed never to marry

看着他们,我发誓永不结婚。

旁白 neutral

Jimmy McBride came for dinner last Sunday

吉米·麦克布莱德上周日来吃了晚饭。

旁白 neutral

I was so glad to see him

见到他我真高兴。

旁白 neutral

He reminded me that there's a whole world beyond this farm

他提醒了我,在这个农场之外还有一整个世界。

旁白 neutral

Jimmy travels around selling bonds to banks

吉米四处奔走,向银行推销债券。

旁白 neutral

" How did it go with the bank in town?"

“镇上的那家银行谈得怎么样?”

旁白 neutral

I asked as we sat down to dinner

我们坐下吃晚饭时,我问道。

旁白 neutral

" They weren't interested in the bonds at all." Jimmy sighed

“他们对债券一点儿兴趣都没有。”吉米叹了口气。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not having much luck as a salesman."

“我当推销员运气不太好。”

旁白 neutral

I think he's too nice to be successful in the financial world

我觉得他这个人太好了,没法在金融界成功。

旁白 neutral

" If this job doesn't suit you, perhaps you could work for your father," I said

“如果这份工作不适合你,或许你可以为你父亲工作。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" That's the last thing I want to do!"

“那是我最不想做的事!”

旁白 neutral

Jimmy seemed so unhappy about his job

吉米似乎对自己的工作非常不满意。

旁白 neutral

I'm glad he enjoyed Mrs. Semple's fried chicken and ice cream

我很高兴他很喜欢森普尔太太做的炸鸡和冰激凌。

旁白 neutral

The postman has just brought us some news

邮递员刚刚给我们带来了一些消息。

旁白 neutral

Jervie will arrive next Friday and spend a week here

杰维下周五会到,并且要在这儿待一周。

旁白 neutral

That's something to look forward to

这真是件值得期待的事。

旁白 neutral

But I'm afraid my poor book will suffer

但我怕我那本可怜的书要遭殃了。

旁白 neutral

Jervie is a very time-consuming guest

杰维是位非常耗时的客人。

旁白 neutral

Yours as always

你永远的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

September 19

9月19日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

Something has happened, and I need some advice

发生了一件事,我需要一些建议。

旁白 neutral

Would it be possible for me to see you?

我可以见你吗?

旁白 neutral

It's so much easier to talk than write

当面谈比写信容易多了。

旁白 neutral

Also I don't want your secretary reading my letter

而且我不想让你的秘书读到我的信。

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

P. S. I'm very unhappy

附言:我非常不开心。