Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E32 · Episodes

032 终于见到长腿叔叔

终于见到长腿叔叔

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 32 — 终于见到长腿叔叔.

92 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Thursday Morning

星期四早晨

旁白 neutral

My Very Dearest Jervie-Daddy-Longlegs Pendleton-Smith

我最最亲爱的杰维-长腿叔叔-彭德尔顿-史密斯,

旁白 neutral

Did you sleep last night? I didn't

你昨晚睡了吗?我没睡。

旁白 neutral

I was too excited and happy

我太兴奋、太高兴了。

旁白 neutral

I don't think I'll ever sleep again!

我想我再也睡不着了!

旁白 neutral

But you must sleep, so that you can get well and visit me

但是你必须睡,这样才能康复,然后来看我。

旁白 neutral

Yesterday was the most wonderful day of my life

昨天是我一生中最美妙的一天。

旁白 neutral

If I live to be 99, I'll never forget the tiniest detail

即使活到99岁,我也不会忘记最微小的细节。

旁白 neutral

The girl who left Lock Willow Farm yesterday morning was very different from the one who returned

昨天早上离开洛克威洛农场的那个女孩,与回来的那个判若两人。

旁白 neutral

It was still dark when Mrs. Semple called me

森普尔太太叫我的时候天还黑着。

旁白 neutral

" Judy! It's half past four

“朱迪!四点半了。

旁白 neutral

Time to wake up!

该起床了!

旁白 neutral

You've got a big day ahead of you."

今天你要过重要的一天。”

旁白 neutral

I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs for breakfast

我迅速穿戴好,跑下楼吃早餐。

旁白 neutral

" Are you excited about going to New York City?"

“要去纽约市,你觉得兴奋吗?”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Semple poured me a cup of coffee

森普尔太太给我倒了一杯咖啡。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, yes! I'm going to see Daddy Longlegs!"

“哦,当然!我要去见长腿叔叔了!”

旁白 neutral

" Daddy Longlegs?" Mrs. Semple looked surprised

“长腿叔叔?”森普尔太太显得很惊讶。

旁白 neutral

" I mean Mr. Smith." I'd never told her my nickname for you

“我是说史密斯先生。”我从没告诉过她我给你起的昵称。

旁白 neutral

I took the train to New York City

我坐火车去了纽约市。

旁白 neutral

When I arrived at your house, it looked so big and intimidating

到了你家门口,房子看起来又大又吓人。

旁白 neutral

I didn't even dare to knock

我连敲门都不敢。

旁白 neutral

So I walked around the block to work up my nerve

于是我在街区绕了一圈,给自己壮壮胆。

旁白 neutral

But I shouldn't have been afraid

但我本不该害怕的。

旁白 neutral

Your butler was such a nice, fatherly old man

你的管家是位和蔼可亲、慈父般的老人家。

旁白 neutral

He made me feel right at home

他让我感觉就像在自己家一样自在。

旁白 neutral

" Is this Miss Abbott?" he said right away

“您就是阿博特小姐吧?”他马上说道。

旁白 neutral

So I didn't have to ask for Mr. Smith after all

所以我完全不用开口找史密斯先生了。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," I replied

“是的。”我回答道。

旁白 neutral

" He'll be very glad to see you."

“他会很高兴见到您的。”

旁白 neutral

Your butler nodded

您的管家点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" Please wait here."

“请在这里稍等。”

旁白 neutral

As I waited, I kept saying to myself," I'm going to see Daddy Longlegs!

等待时,我不停地对自己说:“我要见到长腿叔叔了!

旁白 neutral

I'm going to see Daddy Longlegs!"

我要见到长腿叔叔了!”

旁白 neutral

Soon the butler returned." Please come upstairs to the library, miss."

很快管家回来了。“小姐,请上楼去书房。”

旁白 neutral

I could barely contain my excitement as I followed him

我跟着他,几乎抑制不住激动的心情。

旁白 neutral

Outside the library door, the butler turned to me

在书房门外,管家转向我。

旁白 neutral

" He's been very ill, miss," the butler whispered

“他病得很重,小姐,”管家低声说。

旁白 neutral

" This is the first day he's been allowed to sit up

“这是他第一天获准坐起来。

旁白 neutral

You won't stay too long?

您不会待太久吧?

旁白 neutral

The doctor doesn't want him to get overexcited."

医生不想让他过于激动。”

旁白 neutral

I could tell that your butler is very fond of you

我看得出来,你的管家很喜欢你。

旁白 neutral

Then he knocked and said," Miss Abbott is here."

然后他敲了敲门,说:“艾博特小姐到了。”

旁白 neutral

I went into the library, and the door closed behind me

我走进图书室,身后的门就关上了。

旁白 neutral

The room was quite dim compared to the brightly lit hallway

与灯光明亮的走廊相比,房间里相当昏暗。

旁白 neutral

For a moment I could barely make out anything

有那么一瞬间,我几乎什么也看不清。

旁白 neutral

Then I saw a big easy chair in front of the fire

接着,我看见壁炉前放着一把大安乐椅。

旁白 neutral

There was a tea table with a smaller chair beside it

旁边有一张茶几,还有一把小一点的椅子。

旁白 neutral

I realized that a man was sitting in the big chair, propped up with pillows

我意识到,那把大椅子上坐着一个人,身下垫着枕头。

旁白 neutral

He had a blanket over his knees

他的膝盖上搭着一条毯子。

旁白 neutral

He started to stand up

他想要站起来。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, please don't trouble yourself," I said." Sit down."

“哦,请别麻烦了,”我说,“您坐下吧。”

旁白 neutral

But the man stood — rather shakily — and steadied himself with the chair

但那人还是站了起来——颤颤巍巍地——用手扶着椅子稳住自己。

旁白 neutral

He just looked at me without a word

他就那样一言不发地看着我。

旁白 neutral

My hands flew to my face in amazement

我惊讶得双手猛地捂住了脸。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Jervie! You're here!" I cried

“哦,杰维!你在这儿!”我喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Did Mr. Smith ask you to come?"

“是史密斯先生叫你来的吗?”

旁白 neutral

Then you laughed and held out your hand

这时你笑了,向我伸出了手。

旁白 neutral

" My dear Judy," you said as I took your hand

“我亲爱的朱迪,”我握住你的手时,你说道。

旁白 neutral

" Didn't you guess the truth? I am Daddy Longlegs."

“难道你没猜到真相吗?我就是长腿叔叔。”

旁白 neutral

" What?" In an instant I realized what was going on

“什么?”我瞬间就恍然大悟。

旁白 neutral

I sank onto a chair, heat flooding my face

我瘫倒在椅子上,脸烧得滚烫。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I've been so stupid!

“哦,我真是太傻了!

旁白 neutral

There were a hundred little clues, if I'd been paying attention."

有上百条蛛丝马迹,只要我稍加留意。”

旁白 neutral

I shook my head

我摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" I guess I wouldn't make a very good detective."

“我看我大概当不了好侦探。”

旁白 neutral

Jervie was grinning at me." No, but I love you anyway."

杰维对我咧嘴笑着。“是啊,可我依然爱你。”

旁白 neutral

" I love you too!"

“我也爱你!”

旁白 neutral

You paused for a moment to steady yourself

你停顿了一下,稳住自己的情绪。

旁白 neutral

" I can't go down on one knee, but will you marry me?"

“我没法单膝跪地,但你愿意嫁给我吗?”

旁白 neutral

This time I didn't have to say no

这次我不必拒绝了。

旁白 neutral

" Of course, Jervie!"

“当然愿意,杰维!”

旁白 neutral

We spent a wonderful half hour together before your doctor came in

在你的医生进来之前,我们一起度过了美好的半小时。

旁白 neutral

" Please don't tire him, miss," the doctor said as he led me from the room

“小姐,请别让他累着了,”医生一边说,一边领我离开了房间。

旁白 neutral

" Though I must say you've done him a world of good

“不过我得说,你让他好了一大截。

旁白 neutral

He looks ten years younger."

他看起来年轻了十岁。”

旁白 neutral

I was so dazed that I could barely find my way to the train station

我整个人恍恍惚惚的,几乎找不到去火车站的路。

旁白 neutral

And then I almost took a train for St. Louis!

然后我差点上了去圣路易斯的火车!

旁白 neutral

You were pretty dazed yourself

你自己也够恍惚的。

旁白 neutral

You forgot to give me tea!

你都忘了给我茶喝!

旁白 neutral

But we're both so happy

但我们都好开心。

旁白 neutral

This morning I've been out walking to all the places we've been together

今天早上,我出门散步,把我们一起去过的地方都走了一遍。

旁白 neutral

I wish you were here to climb the hills with me

真希望你在这儿,和我一起爬山。

旁白 neutral

I'm missing you dreadfully, Jervie dear

我好想你,亲爱的杰维,想得厉害。

旁白 neutral

But it's a happy kind of missing

可这是一种幸福的思念。

旁白 neutral

We'll soon be together for the rest of our lives

我们很快就会在一起,共度余生。

旁白 neutral

At last I belong to someone

我终于归属于某个人了。

旁白 neutral

That's a new feeling for me, and it's very sweet indeed

这对我来说是一种全新的感觉,而且确实非常甜蜜。

旁白 neutral

Yours forever and ever

你永远的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

P. S. This is the first love letter I've ever written

附言:这是我写的第一封情书。

旁白 neutral

I hope you like it

希望你喜欢。