Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E16 · Episodes

016 纽约之旅

纽约之旅

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 16 — 纽约之旅.

98 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

March 28

3月28日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

So many good things have happened!

发生了好多好事!

旁白 neutral

I won the short story contest that the college magazine holds every year

我赢得了学院杂志每年举办的短篇小说比赛。

旁白 neutral

And I'm just a sophomore!

而且我还只是个大二学生!

旁白 neutral

The other contestants were mostly seniors

其他参赛者大多是大四的。

旁白 neutral

When I saw my name posted, I couldn't believe I'd won

当我看到我的名字被贴出来时,简直不敢相信我赢了。

旁白 neutral

First prize is twenty-five dollars

一等奖是二十五美元。

旁白 neutral

I also got a part in the spring play, As You Like It

我还在春季戏剧《皆大欢喜》里得到了一个角色。

旁白 neutral

That's something else that Shakespeare wrote

那是莎士比亚写的另一部作品。

旁白 neutral

Besides Hamlet, of course

当然,除了《哈姆雷特》。

旁白 neutral

Last but not least... Julia, Sallie, and I are traveling to New York City next weekend

最后但同样重要的是……茱莉亚、萨莉和我下周末要去纽约市。

旁白 neutral

We're going to do some spring shopping

我们要去做春季购物。

旁白 neutral

Master Jervie has invited us to the theater on Saturday

杰维少爷邀请我们周六去剧院看戏。

旁白 neutral

Julia will stay at home with her family

茱莉亚会和家人一起住。

旁白 neutral

But Sallie and I are going to stay at a hotel

但萨莉和我要住旅馆。

旁白 neutral

I've never been in a hotel or a theater!

我从没住过旅馆,也没进过剧院!

旁白 neutral

And what do you think we're going to see at the theater?

你猜我们在剧院会看什么?

旁白 neutral

Hamlet. Imagine that!

《哈姆雷特》。真不敢相信!

旁白 neutral

We studied it for a month in Shakespeare class

我们在莎士比亚课上学了一个月的《哈姆雷特》。

旁白 neutral

I know it by heart

我烂熟于心。

旁白 neutral

I'm so excited that I can hardly sleep

我兴奋得几乎睡不着觉。

旁白 neutral

Yours

你的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

April 7

4月7日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

My goodness! New York City is big!

天哪!纽约城可真大!

旁白 neutral

Do you really live in all that confusion?

你真的住在那样喧嚣的地方吗?

旁白 neutral

It'll take me months to recover from just two days there

才待了两天,我得花几个月才能缓过来。

旁白 neutral

I can't begin to tell you everything I saw

我简直无法向你细述我所见到的一切。

旁白 neutral

But I guess you know what New York is like

不过我想您知道纽约是什么样子。

旁白 neutral

Sallie, Julia, and I went shopping on Saturday morning

萨莉、朱莉娅和我周六早上去购物了。

旁白 neutral

Those shop windows were filled with so many lovely things

那些商店橱窗里摆满了可爱的东西。

旁白 neutral

They make you want to devote your life to clothes

它们让你想把一生都奉献给衣服。

旁白 neutral

" I need some new hats," Julia said

“我需要一些新帽子,”朱莉娅说。

旁白 neutral

We entered the most gorgeous shop on the block

我们走进了街区里最华丽的商店。

旁白 neutral

The walls were white and gold

墙壁是白色和金色的。

旁白 neutral

There were blue silk curtains and gold chairs

有蓝色的丝绸窗帘和金色的椅子。

旁白 neutral

A pretty blond woman in a black gown welcomed us

一位穿着黑色礼服、漂亮的金发女士迎接了我们。

旁白 neutral

It was like paying a social call at someone's home!

这就像去别人家做社交拜访一样!

旁白 neutral

" Please take a seat in front of the mirror," she said to Julia

“请在镜子前坐下,”她对朱莉娅说。

旁白 neutral

Then the woman brought over a selection of beautiful hats

然后那位女士拿来了一顶顶漂亮的帽子。

旁白 neutral

" Each one is lovelier than the last," Sallie said

“一顶比一顶更可爱,”萨莉说。

旁白 neutral

I could only nod and watch as Julia tried them on

我只能点头,看着朱莉娅试戴。

旁白 neutral

At last Julia pointed to the two loveliest hats of all

最后朱莉娅指向了其中两顶最可爱的帽子。

旁白 neutral

" I'll take both of those."

“这两顶我都要了。”

旁白 neutral

She handed the woman a card with her name and address

她递给那位女士一张写有姓名和地址的卡片。

旁白 neutral

" Please send them to this address."

“请送到这个地址。”

旁白 neutral

" Julia never asked the prices!" Sallie whispered to me

“朱莉娅根本没问价格!”萨莉对我轻声说。

旁白 neutral

" I know!" I whispered back

“我知道!”我轻声回答。

旁白 neutral

" I cannot imagine being able to buy any hat I wanted!"

“我简直无法想象能想买什么帽子就买什么帽子!”

旁白 neutral

Next we met Master Jervie for lunch at Sherry's

接下来,我们在雪莉餐厅和杰维少爷一起吃午饭。

旁白 neutral

Have you ever been there?

您去过那里吗?

旁白 neutral

Picture Sherry's — it's a really fancy restaurant

想象一下雪莉餐厅——那是一家非常高档的餐厅。

旁白 neutral

Then picture the dining room at the orphanage with its plain white dishes and worn-out tables

再想象一下孤儿院的饭厅,那里只有素净的白盘子和破旧的桌子。

旁白 neutral

Quite the contrast!

真是天壤之别!

旁白 neutral

I ate my fish with the wrong fork

我吃鱼时用错了叉子。

旁白 neutral

But the waiter very kindly gave me another one

不过服务员很和善,给了我另一把。

旁白 neutral

I don't think anyone noticed

我想没人注意到。

旁白 neutral

After lunch we went straight to the theater

午饭后,我们直接去了剧院。

旁白 neutral

I sat between Sallie and Master Jervie

我坐在萨莉和杰维少爷中间。

旁白 neutral

" Are you eager to see the play?" he asked me

“你渴望看这部剧吗?”他问我。

旁白 neutral

" Oh yes! I've been looking forward to it!"

“哦,是的!我一直盼着呢!”

旁白 neutral

I was so excited, and the play hadn't even started yet

我太激动了,戏甚至还没开演呢。

旁白 neutral

Hamlet was amazing! Dazzling! Marvelous!

《哈姆雷特》太棒了!令人目眩!精彩绝伦!

旁白 neutral

" Isn't Shakespeare wonderful?" Master Jervie said to me at intermission

“莎士比亚是不是很了不起?”幕间休息时杰维少爷对我说。

旁白 neutral

" I thought I liked Hamlet while I was reading it, but now..

“我本以为读剧本时我就喜欢《哈姆雷特》了,但现在...

旁白 neutral

It's so much better onstage than reading it at school."

在舞台上看,比在学校里读它可要精彩多了。”

旁白 neutral

Master Jervie smiled

杰维少爷微微一笑。

旁白 neutral

I'm sure my eyes were wide as saucers

我确信我当时的眼睛一定瞪得像碟子一样大。

旁白 neutral

But I don't care

不过我不在乎。

旁白 neutral

Maybe I'll become an actress instead of a writer

也许我不会成为作家,而是会当个演员。

旁白 neutral

I'll send you tickets for all my shows

我每场演出的票都会寄给你。

旁白 neutral

Then I'll smile at you from the stage

到时候,我会在舞台上对你微笑。

旁白 neutral

Please wear a red rose in your buttonhole

请你一定要在扣眼上,别一朵红玫瑰。

旁白 neutral

I'd hate to smile at the wrong man

我可不想对着不相干的人微笑。

旁白 neutral

We returned to school on Saturday night

我们是在周六晚上回到学校的。

旁白 neutral

We ate supper on the train. There were little tables with pink lamps

晚饭是在火车上吃的。那有小桌子,还配着粉色的台灯。

旁白 neutral

" I never heard of meals being served on a train," I said as we sat down

我们坐下时,我说:"我从没听说过火车上还能吃饭。"

旁白 neutral

" Where on earth did you grow up?" Julia asked

"你究竟是在哪里长大的?"茱莉亚问。

旁白 neutral

" In a village," I said quietly

"在一个村子里。"我轻声回答。

旁白 neutral

I hoped she wouldn't ask any more questions

希望她别再往下问了。

旁白 neutral

" Did you ever travel?" she asked

"你旅行过吗?"她又问。

旁白 neutral

" Not till I went to college

"直到上大学才出门。

旁白 neutral

And then it was only 160 miles, and we didn't eat in the dining car."

而且那次只走了160英里,也没在餐车吃饭。"

旁白 neutral

She smiled." I can't imagine that

她笑了。"真想象不出来。

旁白 neutral

You say the funniest things!"

你说话太有意思了!"

旁白 neutral

I try not to say funny things, but they pop out when I'm surprised

我没想故意说怪话,只是一吃惊就不由自主地冒出来了。

旁白 neutral

At least I don't make as many mistakes as I used to

至少,我现在不像以前那样总犯错了。

旁白 neutral

I'm learning how people who didn't grow up in orphanages live

我在学着了解,那些不是在孤儿院长大的人是怎么生活的。

旁白 neutral

So I feel more comfortable around the other girls now

所以,现在和别的女孩们相处,我感觉自在多了。

旁白 neutral

I forgot to tell you about our flowers!

差点忘了告诉你我们收到的花!

旁白 neutral

Master Jervie gave us each a bunch of violets and lilies of the valley

杰维少爷送了我们每人一束紫罗兰和铃兰。

旁白 neutral

Wasn't that sweet of him?

他真是贴心,对吧?

旁白 neutral

I never used to care much for men

以前,我对男人从来没什么好感。

旁白 neutral

But I'm changing my mind

但现在,我的想法变了。

旁白 neutral

Yours always

永远爱你的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪