Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E17 · Episodes

017 退回的礼物

退回的礼物

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 17 — 退回的礼物.

85 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

April 10

4月10日

旁白 neutral

Dear Mr. Rich Man

亲爱的富翁先生:

旁白 neutral

Here's your check for fifty dollars

这是您的五十美元支票。

旁白 neutral

Thank you very much, but I can't keep it

非常感谢,但我不能收下。

旁白 neutral

I'm sorry I wrote all that silly stuff about the hat shop

抱歉我写了那些关于帽子店的傻话。

旁白 neutral

It was just that I'd never seen anything like it

只是因为我从没见过那样的东西。

旁白 neutral

I wasn't hinting that you should buy me hats!

我并不是在暗示您给我买帽子!

旁白 neutral

And I was definitely not begging!

而且我绝对不是在乞讨!

旁白 neutral

My allowance is generous enough that I can buy all the hats I need

我的零用钱足够我买所有需要的帽子。

旁白 neutral

I don't want to take any more money from you than I have to

我不想从您那里多拿一分钱。

旁白 neutral

Sincerely yours

您真诚的,

旁白 neutral

Jerusha Abbott

洁露莎·阿博特

旁白 neutral

April 11

4月11日

旁白 neutral

Dearest Daddy Longlegs

最亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

Will you please forgive me for yesterday's letter?

请您原谅我昨天的那封信,好吗?

旁白 neutral

After I mailed it, I went to the post office and tried to get it back

寄出后,我去了邮局,想把它取回来。

旁白 neutral

I waited in line forever

我排队等了很久很久。

旁白 neutral

Finally it was my turn

终于轮到我了。

旁白 neutral

" I mailed a letter and now I need it back," I said to the clerk

我对职员说:“我寄了一封信,现在需要把它取回来。”

旁白 neutral

I tapped my fingers impatiently on the counter

我不耐烦地用手指敲打着柜台。

旁白 neutral

" I can't do that, miss," he said

“我不能这么做,小姐,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" It's against the rules."

“这是违反规定的。”

旁白 neutral

" But I only mailed it an hour ago!

“可我一个小时前才寄出的!

旁白 neutral

Surely it hasn't left the post office

肯定还没离开邮局。

旁白 neutral

Can't you see if it's still here? Please!"

你能不能看看它是不是还在这里?求你了!”

旁白 neutral

" It's against the rules," he repeated

“这是违反规定的,”他重复道。

旁白 neutral

" Once a letter has been mailed, the post office can't return it to the sender

“信件一旦寄出,邮局就不能退还给寄件人。

旁白 neutral

You'll have to write him again. Next!"

你得再给他写一封信。下一位!”

旁白 neutral

The clerk motioned to the person behind me in line

职员示意我身后排队的人。

旁白 neutral

" How do you know it was addressed to a man?" I asked

“你怎么知道是寄给一位先生的?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" This is a college town full of young ladies

“这可是个大学城,满是年轻小姐。

旁白 neutral

These things happen all the time."

这种事常有。”

旁白 neutral

The clerk sneered at me

那职员对我冷笑一声。

旁白 neutral

" A young lady writes something in anger to her young man, and then has second thoughts

“一位年轻小姐在气头上写了点什么给她的年轻人,然后又后悔了。

旁白 neutral

Just write him another letter today

今天再给他写一封就行了。

旁白 neutral

I'm sure your young man will understand."

我肯定你的那位年轻人会理解的。”

旁白 neutral

" But... but..." I was so angry I could hardly speak

“可是……可是……”我气得几乎说不出话。

旁白 neutral

I turned to go, but then I thought of something to say

我转身要走,但突然想到了要说的话。

旁白 neutral

" He's not a young man!"

“他才不是什么年轻人!”

旁白 neutral

Both the clerk and the lady behind me looked shocked as I stormed out of the post office

我气冲冲地冲出邮局时,那职员和我身后的女士都一脸震惊。

旁白 neutral

Now it's the middle of the night

现在是半夜时分。

旁白 neutral

I'm sitting in bed, writing on paper torn from my history notebook

我坐在床上,用从历史笔记本上撕下的纸写信。

旁白 neutral

I've been awake for hours thinking about what a horrible person I am

我已经醒了好几个小时,一直在想我是个多么糟糕的人。

旁白 neutral

I'm truly sorry that I returned your check with such a rude letter

我真的很抱歉,连同一封那么无礼的信一起退回了您的支票。

旁白 neutral

You're very kind to take so much trouble over a silly hat

您真是太好了,为一顶傻帽子费这么多心。

旁白 neutral

But I really can't accept your check

但我真的无法接受您的支票。

旁白 neutral

You see, I'm different from other girls

您看,我和别的女孩不一样。

旁白 neutral

They can accept money from other people

她们可以接受别人的钱。

旁白 neutral

They have aunts and uncles and grandparents

她们有亲朋好友。

旁白 neutral

But I have no one

但我却举目无亲。

旁白 neutral

Yes, I like to pretend you're part of my family, but really I'm alone in this world

是的,我喜欢假装你是我家里的一员,但实际上,我在这个世界上孤身一人。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes that idea fills me with so much fear that I can hardly breathe

有时候,这个念头让我害怕得几乎喘不过气来。

旁白 neutral

So I try not to think about it

所以我尽量不去想它。

旁白 neutral

I can't accept any more money than necessary because I want to pay you back

我不能接受超出必要的钱,因为我想要还给你。

旁白 neutral

Even if I become a famous author, I won't be able to repay a huge debt

即使我成了名作家,也还不清一笔巨大的债务。

旁白 neutral

I love pretty hats and things, but I must not go into debt for them

我喜欢漂亮的帽子之类的东西,但我绝不能为它们欠债。

旁白 neutral

Do you understand?

你能理解吗?

旁白 neutral

Please forgive me for being so rude

请原谅我如此无礼。

旁白 neutral

I have an awful habit of writing letters when I'm upset

我有个坏习惯,总在不开心的时候写信。

旁白 neutral

I should stop and think before I mail them

我应该在寄出去之前,停下来好好想一想。

旁白 neutral

If I sometimes seem thoughtless and ungrateful, I never mean it

如果我有时显得轻率、忘恩负义,我从来都不是故意的。

旁白 neutral

In my heart I thank you for the life and independence you've given me

在我心里,我感谢你给了我生活和独立。

旁白 neutral

My childhood was just one long stretch of boredom, and now I'm so happy every moment

我的童年只是一段长长的无聊时光,而现在我每时每刻都很快乐。

旁白 neutral

I can't believe it's true

我简直不敢相信这是真的。

旁白 neutral

I feel like a heroine in a novel

我感觉自己像小说里的女主角。

旁白 neutral

Speaking of novels... I've been reading Jane Eyre

说到小说...我最近在读《简·爱》。

旁白 neutral

Did you know that Jane was an orphan?

你知道简是个孤儿吗?

旁白 neutral

The other day I was reading about her troubles at the orphanage

前几天,我读到了她在孤儿院里的麻烦事。

旁白 neutral

I got so angry that I had to take a walk!

我气得必须得出去走走才行!

旁白 neutral

I understood exactly how she felt

我完全理解她的感受。

旁白 neutral

I'm not saying that the John Grier Home was like poor Jane's orphanage

我不是说约翰·格利尔之家就像可怜的简待过的孤儿院。

旁白 neutral

We had plenty to eat and warm clothes to wear

我们吃得饱,穿得暖。

旁白 neutral

But there was one similarity: Our lives were boring and uneventful

但有一点是相似的:我们的生活沉闷又平淡。

旁白 neutral

Nothing nice ever happened, except we got ice cream on Sundays

除了星期天能吃冰淇淋,从来没有什么好事发生。

旁白 neutral

And even that was predictable because it happened every Sunday

就连那件事也毫无惊喜,因为每个星期天都这样。

旁白 neutral

We never had any adventures

我们从未有过任何冒险。

旁白 neutral

Everybody likes a few surprises in life; that's a normal thing to want

每个人都喜欢生活中有点惊喜;这是人之常情。

旁白 neutral

Before I fall asleep at night, I like to imagine the perfect orphanage

晚上入睡前,我喜欢想象出一所完美的孤儿院。

旁白 neutral

I plan out the smallest details: the meals, the clothes, the lessons, the entertainment

我规划出最微小的细节:饭食、衣服、课程、娱乐活动。

旁白 neutral

I even imagine the punishments because I'm sure some of my orphans will be naughty

我甚至想象了惩罚措施,因为我确信我的某些孤儿会调皮捣蛋。

旁白 neutral

But I'll make sure all the orphans are happy

但我会确保所有的孤儿都很快乐。

旁白 neutral

Everybody should have a happy childhood to look back on

每个人都应该有一个可以回首的快乐童年。

旁白 neutral

I didn't have a happy childhood, but I'm very happy now, thanks to you

我没有一个快乐的童年,但我现在非常幸福,这都要感谢你。

旁白 neutral

Love always

永远爱你的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

洁露莎