E15 · Episodes
015 更多巧克力
更多巧克力
Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 15 — 更多巧克力.
93 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
January 17
1月17日
旁白 neutral
Dear Daddy Longlegs
亲爱的长腿叔叔,
旁白 neutral
Today is a very rainy day!
今天雨下得很大!
旁白 neutral
I like winter to act like winter with snow, not rain
我喜欢冬天就该有冬天的样子,下雪而不是下雨。
旁白 neutral
I still managed to have a good day because Julia's uncle came to visit again
不过我还是开开心心地过了一天,因为朱莉亚的叔叔又来拜访了。
旁白 neutral
This time he brought a five-pound box of chocolates!
这次他带来了一盒五磅重的巧克力!
旁白 neutral
There are advantages to being Julia's roommate
当朱莉亚的室友就是有好处。
旁白 neutral
We had to ask permission to entertain him
我们得先请求许可才能招待他。
旁白 neutral
It's a good thing the dean didn't see Uncle Jervie
幸亏院长没看见杰维叔叔。
旁白 neutral
If she knew how young and handsome he is, she'd never let him set foot in our study!
如果她知道他这么年轻英俊,绝不会让他踏进我们的书房!
旁白 neutral
The three of us seemed to amuse Uncle Jervie
我们三个似乎把杰维叔叔逗得很开心。
旁白 neutral
In fact, he decided to catch a later train, so he could have tea with us
事实上,他决定赶晚一班的火车,这样就能和我们一起喝下午茶了。
旁白 neutral
I started to make cheese sandwiches on brown bread
我开始用黑面包做奶酪三明治。
旁白 neutral
" Let me help you," Uncle Jervie said
“我来帮你吧。”杰维叔叔说。
旁白 neutral
I handed him a knife, and he sliced the cheese
我递给他一把刀,他就把奶酪切成片。
旁白 neutral
Then we sat around eating sandwiches and drinking tea
然后我们围坐在一起,吃着三明治,喝着茶。
旁白 neutral
" I spent last summer at Lock Willow Farm," I said, passing him a cup of tea
“我去年夏天是在洛克威洛农场度过的。”我说着,递给他一杯茶。
旁白 neutral
" Did you? I have many happy memories of that place."
“是吗?那个地方留给我许多快乐的回忆。”
旁白 neutral
We had a wonderful time gossiping about the Semples and all the farm animals
我们愉快地聊着关于森普尔一家和所有农场动物的闲话。
旁白 neutral
" Mrs. Semple seems awfully fond of you, Master Jervie," I said
“杰维少爷,森普尔太太似乎格外喜欢您呢。”我说。
旁白 neutral
He smiled when I called him Master Jervie, but he didn't seem to mind
我叫他杰维少爷时他笑了,但似乎并不介意。
旁白 neutral
" And I'm very fond of her
“我很喜欢她。
旁白 neutral
The last time I was there, the Semples had a new colt
上次我去的时候,森普尔家刚添了一匹小马驹。
旁白 neutral
Now what was its name?"
它叫什么名字来着?”
旁白 neutral
He took a bite of sandwich
他咬了一口三明治。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, I remember. Grover."
“哦,我想起来了,格罗弗。”
旁白 neutral
I laughed." You haven't been there for ages then!
我笑了。“那你可好久没去那儿了!
旁白 neutral
Grover is so old that he can barely limp around the pasture."
格罗弗已经老得在牧场上都快走不动了。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, it was a long time ago
“嗯,那是很久以前的事了。
旁白 neutral
Does Mrs. Semple still keep doughnuts on the bottom shelf of the pantry?"
森普尔太太还在把甜甜圈放在食品柜的底层搁板上吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Yes! In a yellow pot with a blue plate on top."
“对!黄色的罐子,上面盖着个蓝色的盘子。”
旁白 neutral
" That's how she stored them when I was a child
“我小时候,她就是这么放的。
旁白 neutral
Let's see what else I remember."
看看我还记得些别的什么。”
旁白 neutral
He took a sip of tea
他抿了一口茶。
旁白 neutral
" Is there still a groundhog hole under the pile of rocks in the far pasture?"
“远牧场上那堆石头下面,还有土拨鼠洞吗?”
旁白 neutral
I nodded." And there are still groundhogs living there!
我点了点头:“还有土拨鼠住在那儿呢!
旁白 neutral
They must be the great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren of the ones you used to see."
它们肯定是您以前见过那些的曾曾曾曾曾曾孙辈了。”
旁白 neutral
So we chatted like that for the rest of teatime
于是,茶会的剩余时间我们就这样聊着天。
旁白 neutral
He talked mostly to me, leaving Julia and Sallie to talk to each other
他主要跟我讲话,让朱莉亚和莎莉相互聊天。
旁白 neutral
After he left, Julia said," I've never seen my uncle in such a good mood
他走了以后,朱莉亚说:“我从没见过我叔叔心情这么好。
旁白 neutral
He's usually so aloof that I'm afraid to approach him."
他平时那么冷漠,我都不敢接近他。
旁白 neutral
I think that's partly Julia's fault
我觉得这有一部分是朱莉亚的错。
旁白 neutral
She doesn't know how to talk to men
她不知道怎么跟男士说话。
旁白 neutral
By the way, Uncle Jervie ate four cheese sandwiches
顺便说一句,杰维叔叔吃了四份芝士三明治。
旁白 neutral
Yours truly
你真诚的,
旁白 neutral
Judy
朱迪
旁白 neutral
February 4
2月4日
旁白 neutral
Dear Daddy Longlegs
亲爱的长腿叔叔,
旁白 neutral
Jimmy McBride sent me a huge Princeton banner
吉米·麦克布莱德送了我一面巨大的普林斯顿大学横幅。
旁白 neutral
My roommates are not happy about it
我的室友们对此不太高兴。
旁白 neutral
" I'm very glad he remembered me," I said, unfolding the banner
“我很庆幸他还记得我,”我边说边展开这条横幅。
旁白 neutral
" But I don't know what to do with it
“但我不知道该怎么处理它。
旁白 neutral
Look at the size of this thing!
看看这东西的尺寸吧!
旁白 neutral
It's as big as one end of our study."
它大得跟咱们书房的一整面墙一样宽。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, you're not hanging it in here," Sallie said
“嗯,你可别把它挂在这儿,”萨莉说。
旁白 neutral
" It really clashes with our decor," Julia said
“它跟咱们的装饰风格实在太冲突了,”朱莉亚说。
旁白 neutral
I had to agree with that
我不得不同意这一点。
旁白 neutral
Can you imagine if I added a giant orange and black banner?
你能想象我加上一条巨大的橙黑相间的横幅会是什么样吗?
旁白 neutral
" But it's such nice, warm, thick felt."
“可它是一块又好看、又暖和、又厚实的毛毡啊。”
旁白 neutral
I patted the banner
我轻轻拍了拍那条横幅。
旁白 neutral
" I hate to waste it."
“我讨厌浪费它。”
旁白 neutral
" You're not hanging it in here," Sallie repeated firmly
“你不许把它挂在这里,”萨莉坚定地重复道。
旁白 neutral
So now I have to figure out what to do
所以我现在得想个办法。
旁白 neutral
Do you think it's improper to have Jimmy's banner made into a bathrobe?
把吉米的横幅改成浴袍,你觉得会不会不合适?
旁白 neutral
My old one shrank in the wash
我旧的那件洗缩水了。
旁白 neutral
I realize I haven't mentioned my studies
我想起来我还没提到我的学业呢。
旁白 neutral
Sometimes it's confusing to study five different subjects at once
有时候,同时学五门不同的课真让人头昏脑涨。
旁白 neutral
" The mark of a true scientist is a passion for detail," my chemistry professor says
“一个真正科学家的标志,就是对细节充满热情,”我的化学教授说。
旁白 neutral
" Don't keep your eyes glued to the details," my history professor says
“别总是盯着细节不放,”我的历史教授说。
旁白 neutral
" You must look at the broader view."
“你必须着眼全局。”
旁白 neutral
I hope I can remember which one wants what
希望我能记住谁想要什么。
旁白 neutral
Exams are next week, but who's afraid?
下周就要考试了,但谁怕呢?
旁白 neutral
Your student
你的学生,
旁白 neutral
Judy
朱迪
旁白 neutral
March 5
3月5日
旁白 neutral
Dear Daddy Longlegs
亲爱的长腿叔叔,
旁白 neutral
I never told you about exams
我还从没跟你说过考试的事。
旁白 neutral
I passed everything. Phew!
我全都通过了。呼!
旁白 neutral
I know the secrets of studying now, so I'm never going to fail again
我现在知道学习的诀窍了,所以再也不会不及格了。
旁白 neutral
This week I'm reading Hamlet for my Shakespeare class, which continues this semester
这周我正在读《哈姆雷特》,是为莎士比亚课读的,这门课这个学期继续上。
旁白 neutral
It's WONDERFUL!
太棒了!
旁白 neutral
Lying in bed at night, I pretend I'm Ophelia
晚上躺在床上,我假装自己是奥菲莉娅。
旁白 neutral
But I change some things in the play
但我会改动剧里的某些情节。
旁白 neutral
I keep Hamlet amused all the time and make him dress warmly
我一直让哈姆雷特开开心心的,还让他穿得暖暖和和。
旁白 neutral
As a result, he's a happy fellow
结果,他是个快乐的家伙。
旁白 neutral
We're ruling Denmark
我们统治着丹麦。
旁白 neutral
The kingdom is running beautifully
王国运转得非常顺利。
旁白 neutral
Hamlet governs while I'm in charge of the charities
哈姆雷特负责治理,我负责慈善事业。
旁白 neutral
I've just built some first-class orphanages
我刚建了几所一流的孤儿院。
旁白 neutral
Let me know if you and the other trustees want to visit
你和其他的董事如果想参观,就告诉我。
旁白 neutral
I'm sure you'll pick up some useful ideas for the John Grier Home
我相信你们会为约翰·格里尔之家学到一些有用的点子。
旁白 neutral
Yours most graciously
你最亲切的,
旁白 neutral
OPHELIA, Queen of Denmark
奥菲莉娅,丹麦女王