Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E14 · Episodes

014 萨莉家的圣诞节

萨莉家的圣诞节

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 14 — 萨莉家的圣诞节.

89 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

December 31

12月31日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔:

旁白 neutral

I meant to thank you for your Christmas check before today

我本想在今天之前就感谢您的圣诞支票。

旁白 neutral

But life in the McBride house is very busy!

但麦克布赖德家的生活实在是太忙碌了!

旁白 neutral

I used the money for a new evening gown

我用那笔钱买了一件新的晚礼服。

旁白 neutral

I must confess that I didn't need a new gown

我必须承认,我并不是真需要一件新礼服。

旁白 neutral

I just wanted one!

我只是想要一件!

旁白 neutral

I've been having the most wonderful vacation

我度过了一个最棒的假期。

旁白 neutral

Sallie lives in a big, old-fashioned brick house

莎莉住在一幢老式的大砖房里。

旁白 neutral

It's the kind of house I used to imagine when I lived at the orphanage

这正是我住在孤儿院时,常常想象的那种房子。

旁白 neutral

I never imagined that I'd step inside such a place

我从没想过自己能踏进这样的地方。

旁白 neutral

But here I am!

但我现在就在这里!

旁白 neutral

I think Sallie is surprised at how much I like her house

我想,莎莉对于我如此喜欢她家感到惊讶。

旁白 neutral

On our first day here, she showed me around, and I couldn't stop talking

我们到这里的第一天,她带我四处参观,我的话匣子就停不住了。

旁白 neutral

" There are so many rooms!" I said

“房间可真多啊!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll probably get lost."

“我可能会迷路。”

旁白 neutral

" We did lose my little brother, Tom, one rainy day

“有个下雨天,我们确实弄丢了我弟弟汤姆。

旁白 neutral

We were playing hide-and-seek and couldn't find him

那时我们在玩捉迷藏,却怎么也找不到他。

旁白 neutral

We finally gave up and went downstairs

最后我们放弃了,下了楼。

旁白 neutral

Half an hour later, he came sliding down the banister in the front hall!"

半小时后,他竟从前厅的楼梯扶手上滑了下来!”

旁白 neutral

" You have so many fireplaces!"

“你们家有好多壁炉啊!”

旁白 neutral

I said as we stepped into one of the parlors

我们走进其中一间客厅时,我说道。

旁白 neutral

Sallie laughed." We'll make popcorn over the fire one night

莎莉笑了。“改天晚上,我们会在壁炉边做爆米花。

旁白 neutral

Speaking of food, let's go visit the kitchen

说到吃东西,我们去厨房看看吧。

旁白 neutral

We should say hello to Mrs. Jamison, the cook."

我们该去跟厨娘贾米森太太打个招呼。”

旁白 neutral

We stepped into a great big sunny kitchen

我们走进了一间非常宽敞明亮的厨房。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Jamison, a large, cheerful woman, was busy making pies

贾米森太太是位身材高大、性格开朗的女士,正忙着做馅饼。

旁白 neutral

She stopped to give Sallie a hug

她停下手中的活,给了莎莉一个拥抱。

旁白 neutral

" I saved you a piece of dough to bake."

“我给你留了一小块面团,你可以自己烤着玩。”

旁白 neutral

The cook pointed to a miniature pie plate

厨娘指向一个小小的馅饼烤盘。

旁白 neutral

" Let's sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar," Sallie said to me

“我们撒点肉桂糖吧,”莎莉对我说。

旁白 neutral

" That'll make it taste even better."

“那样会更好吃。”

旁白 neutral

Sallie put the dough in the oven, and in a few minutes, we were eating a wonderful treat!

莎莉把面团放进烤箱,几分钟后,我们就吃上了美味的点心!

旁白 neutral

All the meals here are delicious, and we have such fun at the table

这里的每顿饭都很好吃,我们在餐桌上也玩得很开心。

旁白 neutral

Everybody laughs and jokes and talks at once

大家同时又说又笑,开着玩笑。

旁白 neutral

Besides Sallie's parents, her grandmother and siblings live here

除了莎莉的父母,她的祖母和兄弟姐妹也住在这里。

旁白 neutral

Sallie's sister, Ellen, is only three, and she's the sweetest little thing

莎莉的妹妹艾伦才三岁,是个非常可爱的小家伙。

旁白 neutral

Sallie's younger brother, Tom, is always getting scolded, but in a loving way

莎莉的弟弟汤姆总是挨批评,不过那种批评是充满爱意的。

旁白 neutral

He never remembers to wipe his feet when he enters the house

他进屋总不记得擦脚。

旁白 neutral

He reminds me of Master Jervie!

他让我想起杰维少爷!

旁白 neutral

Sallie also has a handsome big brother named Jimmy

莎莉还有一个英俊的大哥,名叫吉米。

旁白 neutral

He's a year older than we are, and he's a junior at Princeton

他比我们大一岁,在普林斯顿读大三。

旁白 neutral

We've done so many things since I arrived

我来了之后,我们做了好多事。

旁白 neutral

I can't even begin to tell you about them all

我都不知道从何说起了。

旁白 neutral

Mr. McBride owns a factory

麦克布莱德先生拥有一家工厂。

旁白 neutral

On Christmas Eve he had a Christmas party for his employees' children

平安夜那天,他为员工的孩子们举办了一场圣诞派对。

旁白 neutral

There was a Christmas tree, and one of the rooms in the factory was decorated with evergreens and holly

工厂里摆了一棵圣诞树,有一间屋子还用常青树枝和冬青装饰了起来。

旁白 neutral

Jimmy was dressed as Santa Claus

吉米打扮成了圣诞老人。

旁白 neutral

He wore a white beard and a red suit

他戴着白胡子,穿着红外套。

旁白 neutral

A pillow at his waist made him jolly and plump

腰上塞了个枕头,让他看起来乐呵呵、胖乎乎的。

旁白 neutral

" You're looking rather fat, brother dear," Sallie said

“你看起来可真够胖的,亲爱的哥哥,”莎莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Shh!" I poked her arm

“嘘!”我戳了戳她的胳膊。

旁白 neutral

" Don't let the children hear you

“别让孩子们听见了。

旁白 neutral

Let them think he's the real Santa Claus!"

让他们以为他就是真的圣诞老人!”

旁白 neutral

" This young lady is perfectly correct," Jimmy said to Sallie

“这位年轻女士说得完全正确,”吉米对莎莉说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know who you're calling brother dear." Then he turned to me

“我不知道你在叫谁亲爱的哥哥。”然后他转向了我。

旁白 neutral

" I hope you've been a good girl this year

“希望你今年一直是个乖女孩。

旁白 neutral

What would you like for Christmas?"

圣诞节想要什么?”

旁白 neutral

I laughed

我笑了。

旁白 neutral

He's so much fun

他真有趣。

旁白 neutral

Sallie and I helped him hand out the presents

莎莉和我帮他分发礼物。

旁白 neutral

It was a strange sensation to be handing out gifts

分发礼物有种奇怪的感觉。

旁白 neutral

The whole scene reminded me of Christmas at the orphanage

整个场景让我想起了孤儿院的圣诞节。

旁白 neutral

Only this time I was playing the part of a kindly trustee instead of an orphan

只是这一次,我扮演的是和蔼的理事,而不是孤儿。

旁白 neutral

I even kissed one sticky little boy

我甚至亲了一个黏糊糊的小男孩。

旁白 neutral

But I didn't pat anyone on the head

但我没有拍任何人的头。

旁白 neutral

I used to hate being patted on the head!

我以前很讨厌被人拍头!

旁白 neutral

Right after Christmas the McBrides had a dance at their house — for me!

圣诞节刚过,麦克布莱德家就在家里为我举办了一场舞会!

旁白 neutral

" This is the first real ball I've ever attended," I said nervously to Sallie

“这是我第一次参加真正的舞会,”我紧张地对莎莉说。

旁白 neutral

She was helping me get dressed

她正在帮我换衣服。

旁白 neutral

" Well, you look beautiful!" she said

“哇,你看起来真漂亮!”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Turn around so I can see the back of your dress."

“转一圈,让我看看你裙子的背面。”

旁白 neutral

I was wearing my new evening gown

我穿着我的新晚礼服。

旁白 neutral

( Your Christmas present. Many thanks for that!)

(这是您的圣诞礼物。非常感谢!)

旁白 neutral

Plus white satin slippers and long white gloves

还配上了白色缎面拖鞋和长长的白手套。

旁白 neutral

Sallie had to button the gloves for me

莎莉不得不帮我扣上手套的扣子。

旁白 neutral

It's hard to do that by yourself

自己一个人很难做到。

旁白 neutral

" You look perfect," Sallie said." Jimmy will be very impressed."

“你看上去完美极了,”莎莉说,“吉米肯定会印象深刻的。”

旁白 neutral

And indeed he was

他确实如此。

旁白 neutral

" You look lovely," he said to me

“你看起来真可爱,”他对我说。

旁白 neutral

And then we danced every dance

然后我们一支又一支地跳着舞。

旁白 neutral

That is, until his mother said he must be polite and ask someone else

直到他母亲说他得礼貌些,去邀请别人跳舞,这才停下。

旁白 neutral

I was utterly, totally, completely happy that night

那天晚上,我完完全全、彻彻底底地快乐。

旁白 neutral

I only wished that Mrs. Lippett could have seen me dancing with Jimmy McBride

我只希望李皮特太太能看到我和吉米·麦克布莱德跳舞的样子。

旁白 neutral

Please tell her about it the next time you visit the John Grier Home

下次您去约翰·格里尔之家时,请跟她讲讲这件事。

旁白 neutral

Happy New Year

新年快乐,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱蒂

旁白 neutral

P. S. Would you be disappointed if I didn't turn out to be a great author?

另:如果我没有成为一个大作家,您会失望吗?

旁白 neutral

What if I'm just a regular girl who likes wearing pretty clothes and dancing with good-looking boys?

要是我只是一个喜欢穿漂亮衣服、和英俊男孩跳舞的普通女孩呢?