Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E11 · Episodes

011 叔叔来访

叔叔来访

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 11 — 叔叔来访.

95 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

May 27

5月27日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

The campus looks especially beautiful right now

现在的校园看上去格外美丽。

旁白 neutral

The trees and the grass are green

树木和草地都绿油油的。

旁白 neutral

The flowers are blooming

花儿正在盛开。

旁白 neutral

And all the girls are wearing their spring dresses

而且女孩们都穿上了春装。

旁白 neutral

Everyone is happy because vacation is coming

每个人都很开心,因为假期就要来了。

旁白 neutral

( For the moment we're pretending that exams aren't coming too.)

(这会儿我们假装考试也不会来。)

旁白 neutral

I wish I could show you the campus

真希望我能带你看一看校园。

旁白 neutral

I'm quite good at giving tours

我很会给人当导游。

旁白 neutral

In fact I just gave one to a man

事实上,我刚送了一个给一位男士。

旁白 neutral

And not just any man

而且不是随便哪个男人。

旁白 neutral

A quite charming man — Julia's uncle, Mr. Jervis Pendleton

一个十分迷人的男人——茱莉亚的叔叔,杰维斯·彭德尔顿先生。

旁白 neutral

He's her father's younger brother, but she doesn't know him very well

他是她父亲的弟弟,但她跟他不太熟。

旁白 neutral

It seems he glanced at her as a baby and decided he didn't like her

看来她还在襁褓中时他瞥了一眼,就打定主意不喜欢她。

旁白 neutral

He hasn't paid much attention to her since

从那以后他就没怎么关注过她。

旁白 neutral

But yesterday Uncle Jervis was in town on business

但昨天杰维斯叔叔因公事进了城。

旁白 neutral

So he decided to come here and visit his niece

于是他决定到这里来看看他的侄女。

旁白 neutral

When he arrived, Julia was in a panic

他到的时候,茱莉亚慌作一团。

旁白 neutral

She came running into my room

她跑进了我的房间。

旁白 neutral

" Judy, you have to help me!

“朱蒂,你一定要帮我!

旁白 neutral

My uncle just showed up!

我叔叔突然来了!

旁白 neutral

He's downstairs waiting for me

他正在楼下等我。

旁白 neutral

But I have a class in ten minutes

但我十分钟后有课。

旁白 neutral

And so does Sallie

萨莉也有课。

旁白 neutral

Could you walk him around the campus until I get back?"

你能先带他在校园里逛逛,等我回来吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Um..." I really didn't want to do this because I don't care much for Pendletons

“嗯……”我真不想去,因为我对彭德尔顿家的人不太上心。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, please," Julia begged me

“哦,求你了,”茱莉亚求我。

旁白 neutral

" You only have to do it this one time

“就这一次需要你帮忙。

旁白 neutral

How hard can it be to talk to a man for an hour?"

陪一位男士聊上一个小时,能有多难呢?”

旁白 neutral

" All right." I sighed

“好吧。”我叹了口气。

旁白 neutral

" I'll try to keep him amused, but hurry back."

“我会尽量让他开心,但你要快点回来。”

旁白 neutral

We went downstairs, and there he was, sitting very properly on a sofa

我们下了楼,他就在那儿,端端正正地坐在沙发上。

旁白 neutral

His hat and gloves were beside him

他的帽子和手套放在旁边。

旁白 neutral

So was his walking stick

手杖也在旁边。

旁白 neutral

He grabbed them and popped up as soon as Julia and I arrived

我和茱莉亚一到,他就抓起这些东西,一下子站了起来。

旁白 neutral

" This is Judy Abbott," Julia said, introducing us

“这是朱迪·艾伯特,”茱莉亚介绍说。

旁白 neutral

" She'll show you around campus until my class is over."

“在我下课之前,她会带你参观校园。”

旁白 neutral

I didn't know what to talk about, but Uncle Jervis turned out to be the nicest man

我不知道该聊些什么,但杰维斯叔叔原来是个非常好的人。

旁白 neutral

He's a real human being — not like a Pendleton at all

他是个真正的人——一点也不像彭德尔顿家的人。

旁白 neutral

We had a lovely time, and now I'm longing for an uncle

我们玩得很愉快,现在我特别想要一个叔叔。

旁白 neutral

Would you mind pretending you're my uncle instead of my grandmother?

你介意假装是我的叔叔,而不是我的祖母吗?

旁白 neutral

We walked all over campus, from the dorms to the athletic grounds

我们走遍了整个校园,从宿舍到运动场。

旁白 neutral

I pointed out the library, the classrooms, and the new infirmary

我指了指图书馆、教室和新建的医务室。

旁白 neutral

" This a wonderful tour, Miss Abbott

“这趟参观真不错,阿博特小姐。

旁白 neutral

But I'm wondering if we might have some tea

不过我在想,我们能不能喝点茶。

旁白 neutral

How about going to the College Inn?"

去大学旅馆怎么样?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I don't know." I was worried about Julia

“哦,我不太确定。” 我有点担心茱莉亚。

旁白 neutral

" Shouldn't we ask Julia to join us?

“我们是不是该叫茱莉亚一起来?

旁白 neutral

And maybe Sallie too?

也许也叫上莎莉?”

旁白 neutral

I'm sure they're finished with class by now."

她们现在肯定下课了。”

旁白 neutral

I glanced at my watch

我瞥了一眼手表。

旁白 neutral

He shook his head

他摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" I don't like my niece to drink too much tea

“我不喜欢我侄女喝太多茶。

旁白 neutral

It makes her nervous."

那会让她紧张。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I see. Well, then I guess it would be all right."

“哦,我明白了。好吧,那我想应该没关系。”

旁白 neutral

We walked to the inn, which is right off campus

我们走到校园边上的那家旅馆。

旁白 neutral

I realize I don't know you very well, Daddy Longlegs

我意识到我不太了解你,长腿叔叔。

旁白 neutral

But something about Uncle Jervis reminded me of a younger version of you

但杰维斯叔叔身上有种特质,让我想起了年轻时的你。

旁白 neutral

It's probably because he's so tall

大概是因为他也这么高吧。

旁白 neutral

At the inn we sat at a lovely table on the balcony

在旅馆,我们坐在了阳台上一张很不错的桌子旁。

旁白 neutral

I thought we would just have tea, but Uncle Jervis was hungry

我还以为我们就只喝个茶,但杰维斯叔叔饿了。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, no, Miss Abbott. We must have something to eat."

“哦,不,阿博特小姐。我们可得吃点什么。”

旁白 neutral

So we had muffins and marmalade, plus ice cream and cake!

于是我们吃了松饼和橘子酱,还有冰淇淋和蛋糕!

旁白 neutral

I was so full; I knew I wouldn't have room for supper

我吃得饱饱的;我知道我肯定吃不下晚饭了。

旁白 neutral

Uncle Jervis makes you feel like you've known him forever

杰维斯叔叔会让你觉得,好像你早就认识他了。

旁白 neutral

We had the best time together

我们在一起度过了最愉快的时光。

旁白 neutral

" There weren't many people at the inn today," he said as we left

“今天旅馆里人不多呀,”我们离开时他说道。

旁白 neutral

I laughed." It's the end of the month

我笑了。“月底到了。

旁白 neutral

The girls have spent most of their allowances."

女孩们把大部分零花钱都花光啦。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, I'm glad we went

“嗯,我很高兴我们去了。

旁白 neutral

Now what time is it?"

现在几点了?”

旁白 neutral

It was his turn to look at his watch

轮到他看表了。

旁白 neutral

" I have to run for my train!"

“我得赶火车了!”

旁白 neutral

" But you must see Julia!" I said

“可你得见见茱莉亚啊!”我说。

旁白 neutral

We hurried back to the dorm, and he briefly spoke to Julia

我们匆匆赶回宿舍,他和茱莉亚简短地说了几句话。

旁白 neutral

After he left, she was furious with me for taking him to tea

他走后,她因为我带他去喝茶而大发雷霆。

旁白 neutral

" But he insisted!" I said

“可这是他坚持的!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" You should have said no

“你该拒绝的。

旁白 neutral

He was my guest, not yours

他是我的客人,不是你的。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to take him to tea."

我本想带他去喝茶的。”

旁白 neutral

I felt quite bad about it until this morning

直到今天早上,我还为此感到很难过。

旁白 neutral

That's when three boxes of chocolate arrived for Julia, Sallie, and me

那时三盒巧克力送到了,是给茱莉亚、莎莉和我的。

旁白 neutral

Julia has forgiven her uncle

茱莉亚已经原谅她叔叔了。

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile I can't believe that a man sent me candy

同时我简直不敢相信,有男士给我送了糖果。

旁白 neutral

I feel like a regular girl instead of an orphan

我感觉自己像个普通女孩,而不是孤儿了。

旁白 neutral

And another nice thing just happened

而且另一件好事刚刚发生。

旁白 neutral

I received a letter from your secretary

我收到了您秘书的一封信。

旁白 neutral

He said you want me to spend the summer on a farm

他说您想让我在农场过夏天。

旁白 neutral

He'll send the details soon

他很快就会把详情寄来。

旁白 neutral

Hooray! I won't have to spend the summer washing dishes at the orphanage. Thank you!

太棒了!我不用在孤儿院洗一夏天盘子了。谢谢您!

旁白 neutral

I wish you would come for tea someday

希望您哪天也能来喝茶。

旁白 neutral

I'm sure I'd like you

我肯定我会喜欢您的。

旁白 neutral

Your niece

您的侄女,

旁白 neutral

Judy

茱蒂