Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E12 · Episodes

012 农场的夏天

农场的夏天

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 12 — 农场的夏天.

91 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

June 10

6月10日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

I just got here, but already Lock Willow Farm seems like heaven to me!

我才刚到,但柳树农场对我来说已经像是天堂!

旁白 neutral

Mr. and Mrs. Semple are so kind

森普尔先生和太太真是太好了。

旁白 neutral

The farmhouse is more than a hundred years old with a lovely porch out front

农舍有一百多年历史了,前面还有个可爱的门廊。

旁白 neutral

My room has two big windows, and there's even a table where I can write

我的房间有两扇大窗户,甚至还有一张桌子可以写字。

旁白 neutral

I'm going to write a novel this summer

这个夏天我要写一部小说。

旁白 neutral

I can't believe that I get to spend three months here in Connecticut

真不敢相信我能在康涅狄格州这里度过三个月。

旁白 neutral

You've given me more than I deserve

您给我的,远超过我应得的。

旁白 neutral

You should hear the frogs croaking and the pigs squealing!

你真该听听青蛙呱呱叫和猪儿哼哼叫的声音!

旁白 neutral

I can't wait until tomorrow to explore

我等不及明天去探索了。

旁白 neutral

It's only half past eight, but I have to try to sleep

现在才八点半,但我必须试着睡觉了。

旁白 neutral

We rise at five in the morning on the farm

在农场,我们早上五点起床。

旁白 neutral

Good night

晚安,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

July 15

7月15日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿爸爸,

旁白 neutral

How did your secretary know about Lock Willow Farm?

您的秘书是怎么知道柳树农场的?

旁白 neutral

I'm curious because I've just learned something interesting

我很好奇,因为我刚刚知道了一件有趣的事。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Jervis Pendleton used to own this farm!

杰维斯·彭德尔顿先生曾经拥有这个农场!

旁白 neutral

He gave it to Mrs. Semple, who had been his nanny

他把农场给了曾经照顾他的保姆森普太太。

旁白 neutral

Did you ever hear such a coincidence?

你听说过这么巧的事吗?

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Semple still calls him " Master Jervie."

森普太太现在还是叫他“杰维少爷”。

旁白 neutral

She's always talking about what a sweet little boy he was

她总会说起他小时候是个多么可爱的小男孩。

旁白 neutral

She even has one of his baby curls saved in a box

她甚至在一个盒子里珍藏着他婴儿时期的一缕卷发。

旁白 neutral

( He had red hair!)

(他小时候是红头发呢!)

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Semple was very impressed that I'd met him

森普太太对我见过他这件事印象非常深刻。

旁白 neutral

She thinks Master Jervie is the best member of the Pendleton family

她认为杰维少爷是彭德尔顿家族里最好的人。

旁白 neutral

And so do I!

我也觉得!

旁白 neutral

The farm gets more entertaining every day

农场一天比一天更有趣了。

旁白 neutral

I rode on a hay wagon yesterday

我昨天坐了干草车。

旁白 neutral

We have three big pigs and nine little piglets

我们有三头大猪和九只小猪。

旁白 neutral

They all have huge appetites!

它们胃口都大得很!

旁白 neutral

There are also lots of chickens, ducks, and turkeys

还有很多鸡、鸭子和火鸡。

旁白 neutral

Every day my job is to collect the eggs

我每天的工作就是捡鸡蛋。

旁白 neutral

Yesterday I fell off a beam in the barn loft

昨天我从谷仓阁楼的横梁上摔了下来。

旁白 neutral

When I came into the kitchen, I showed Mrs. Semple my scraped knee

我走进厨房时,给森普太太看了我擦伤的膝盖。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, dear, let me clean that for you."

“哦,天哪,我来帮你清理一下吧。”

旁白 neutral

She rubbed my knee with a liquid that stung

她用一种药水擦我的膝盖,感觉火辣辣的。

旁白 neutral

" Ouch!" I cried

“哎呀!”我大叫起来。

旁白 neutral

" How did you scrape your knee?" she asked

“你的膝盖是怎么擦伤的?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

" The black hen made her nest on a beam in the barn loft

“那只黑母鸡在谷仓阁楼的横梁上做了个窝。

旁白 neutral

I fell when I was trying to get the eggs

我去拿鸡蛋的时候摔了下来。

旁白 neutral

Why would she build her nest up there?"

它为什么要把窝搭在那上面呢?”

旁白 neutral

" To keep her eggs safe." Mrs. Semple laughed

“为了它的蛋安全呀。”森普太太笑了。

旁白 neutral

" It seems only yesterday that Master Jervie fell off the very same beam

“仿佛就在昨天,杰维少爷也从那同一根横梁上掉下来过。

旁白 neutral

And I believe he scraped that very same knee."

而且我相信他擦伤的也是那同一个膝盖。”

旁白 neutral

We have six calves and I've chosen names for most of them

我们有六头小牛,我已经给它们大部分都起了名字。

旁白 neutral

One is named Sallie, and another is Judy

一头叫莎莉,另一头叫朱迪。

旁白 neutral

There's also a dull, ordinary one that I called Julia

还有一头呆板又平凡的小牛,我叫它茱莉亚。

旁白 neutral

I hope you don't mind, but I've also named one Daddy Longlegs

我希望你不介意,我也给一头牛起名叫长腿爸爸。

旁白 neutral

It has a very sweet personality

它的性格非常温顺。

旁白 neutral

July 16

7月16日

旁白 neutral

I meant to finish this letter yesterday

我本打算昨天写完这封信。

旁白 neutral

But then I remembered that I'd promised to pick blackberries for supper

但后来我记起答应过要摘黑莓做晚饭。

旁白 neutral

So I went off and left the letter on the table

于是我就走了,把信留在了桌子上。

旁白 neutral

What do you think I found today?

你猜我今天发现了什么?

旁白 neutral

A real daddy longlegs, sitting in the middle of the page!

一只真正的长腿蜘蛛,正坐在信纸中央!

旁白 neutral

I gently set it on the windowsill so it could escape

我轻轻把它放在窗台上,好让它逃走。

旁白 neutral

I'd never hurt one of them

我绝不会伤害它们中的任何一只。

旁白 neutral

They always remind me of you!

它们总让我想起您!

旁白 neutral

When I finish this letter, I'm going to read a book that I found in the attic

写完这封信,我就要去读一本我在阁楼找到的书了。

旁白 neutral

It belonged to Jervis Pendleton

这本书原来是杰维斯·彭德尔顿的。

旁白 neutral

I know this because he wrote his name on the first page

我知道这个,是因为第一页有他写的名字。

旁白 neutral

I showed it to Mrs. Semple last night

昨晚我拿给森普太太看了。

旁白 neutral

We were sitting on the front porch after supper

我们晚饭后坐在前门廊上。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I remember this book."

“哦,我记得这本书。”

旁白 neutral

She took it from my hand and smiled fondly

她把书从我手里接过去,露出了怀念的微笑。

旁白 neutral

" Master Jervie read it over and over

“杰维少爷曾一遍又一遍地读它。

旁白 neutral

He spent the whole summer here one year after he'd been ill."

有一年他病好了之后,在这里度过了整个夏天。”

旁白 neutral

" How old was he?"

“他那时候多大?”

旁白 neutral

" Hmm." Mrs. Semple stopped to think

“嗯。”森普太太停下来想了想。

旁白 neutral

" He must have been 11 that year

“他那年肯定有十一岁了。

旁白 neutral

He was always running up the stairs, making an awful racket

他总是跑着上楼梯,动静大得吓人。

旁白 neutral

I always had to remind him to close the screen door, so the bugs would stay out

我总得提醒他关上纱门,免得飞虫进来。

旁白 neutral

And, of course, he was constantly asking for cookies."

当然了,他还老是来要饼干吃。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm sure you always gave him cookies," I said

“我敢肯定,你每次都给他饼干吃了。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, yes." Mrs. Semple smiled at the memory

“嗯,是啊。”森普太太回忆着,笑了起来。

旁白 neutral

" But not before meals, of course."

“但当然不能在饭前吃。”

旁白 neutral

She handed the book back to me

她把书递还给了我。

旁白 neutral

I know Master Jervie enjoyed this book because his fingerprints are all over the pages!

我敢肯定杰维少爷很喜欢这本书,因为书页上到处都是他的指印!

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Semple talks about him all the time

森普太太总是不停地讲起他。

旁白 neutral

Now I think of him as a nice but dirty little boy full of adventure

现在,我把他想象成一个讨人喜欢却又脏兮兮的小男孩,浑身充满了冒险精神。

旁白 neutral

She says he was a brave and truthful child

她说,他是个勇敢又诚实的孩子。

旁白 neutral

Here at the farm, I can't think of him as that grown man with a silk hat and walking stick

在农场这里,我实在无法将他想象成那个戴着丝绸礼帽、拿着手杖的成年男人。

旁白 neutral

His toys are still in a corner of the attic!

他的玩具还放在阁楼的角落里呢!

旁白 neutral

I'm sorry that he's a Pendleton because he's clearly much better than that other Pendleton I know

我有点遗憾他姓彭德尔顿,因为他显然比我认识的那位彭德尔顿好太多了。

旁白 neutral

I haven't had time to begin my novel

我还没时间动笔写我的小说。

旁白 neutral

But I've learned how to make doughnuts!

但我已经学会怎么做甜甜圈了!

旁白 neutral

Your affectionate orphan

你深情的孤儿,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪