Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E10 · Episodes

010 糟糕的一天

糟糕的一天

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 10 — 糟糕的一天.

97 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

April 20

4月20日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

Sometimes I worry that I'm not a genius

有时我担心自己不是天才。

旁白 neutral

This usually happens right after I've read a good book

这通常发生在我刚读完一本好书之后。

旁白 neutral

Will you be disappointed if I don't become a great author?

如果我没有成为伟大的作家,你会失望吗?

旁白 neutral

In the spring everything is so green and beautiful

春天里,一切都是那么翠绿而美丽。

旁白 neutral

I feel like turning my back on school and playing outside

我真想抛开学校,到外面去玩。

旁白 neutral

It's much more fun to live life than to write about it. I feel —

生活比描写生活要有趣得多。我觉得——

旁白 neutral

" Eek!" This letter has been interrupted by someone screaming — me!

“啊!”这封信被一声尖叫打断了——那个人就是我!

旁白 neutral

Sallie immediately banged on my door." Are you all right?"

萨莉立刻敲我的门。“你还好吗?”

旁白 neutral

" What's going on?" Julia cried

“出什么事了?”朱莉娅喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Why are you screaming?"

“你为什么尖叫?”

旁白 neutral

I opened my door and pointed to a centipede on my chair

我打开门,指向我椅子上的一条蜈蚣。

旁白 neutral

" That's why! It fell from the ceiling and landed next to me!"

“就因为它!它从天花板上掉下来,落在我旁边!”

旁白 neutral

Julia took a quick look and shuddered." Ugh."

朱莉娅迅速看了一眼,打了个哆嗦。“呃。”

旁白 neutral

Then she went back to her room

然后她就回自己房间去了。

旁白 neutral

Thank goodness for Sallie, who stayed to help me

谢天谢地,莎莉留下来帮我。

旁白 neutral

She looked around my room and then grabbed my hairbrush." Stand back!"

她环顾了一下我的房间,然后抓起我的发刷。“往后退!”

旁白 neutral

Sallie whacked the centipede with the back of the brush

莎莉用刷子的背面猛拍了那条蜈蚣。

旁白 neutral

( I'll never be able to use that brush again!)

(我再也无法用那把刷子了!)

旁白 neutral

She killed the bug's front end, but its rear fifty feet ran under a chest of drawers

她打死了虫子的前半截,但它剩下的五十条腿却跑到了五斗柜底下。

旁白 neutral

" It escaped!" Sallie sounded disappointed that we hadn't caught it

“让它跑了!”萨莉听起来很失望,因为我们没抓到它。

旁白 neutral

" This dorm is so old and full of centipedes."

“这间宿舍太旧了,满是蜈蚣。”

旁白 neutral

" You did your best."

“你尽力了。”

旁白 neutral

I picked up my cup, which I'd dropped in my rush to escape

我捡起了我的杯子,那是我慌忙逃跑时掉落的。

旁白 neutral

" I hate centipedes!

“我讨厌蜈蚣!

旁白 neutral

They're disgusting creatures

它们真恶心的东西。

旁白 neutral

I'd rather find a tiger under my bed!"

我宁愿发现床底下有只老虎!”

旁白 neutral

The centipede was only one of the annoying things that happened today

蜈蚣只是今天发生的令人烦心的事之一。

旁白 neutral

I woke up late because I didn't hear the morning bell

我起晚了,因为没听到晨铃。

旁白 neutral

I broke a shoelace while getting dressed

穿衣服时,我弄断了一根鞋带。

旁白 neutral

I was late for breakfast and my first class

我早餐和第一节课都迟到了。

旁白 neutral

Then in math class, I had a little argument with the professor

然后数学课上,我和教授发生了一点小争论。

旁白 neutral

" I don't understand why my answer is wrong," I said

“我不明白我的答案为什么是错的,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Because you've worked the problem incorrectly," she said

“因为你解题的过程不对,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" But this is how the textbook said to do it!"

“可课本上就是这么教的呀!”

旁白 neutral

I insisted that I was right

我坚持自己是对的。

旁白 neutral

" Look it up again," she said

“再查查看,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Now, class, let's move on to the next problem."

“好了,同学们,我们来看下一道题。”

旁白 neutral

When I looked in my textbook, I saw she was right. Of course

当我翻开课本查看时,发现她是对的。当然是。

旁白 neutral

On and on went the annoying things

烦人的事一件接一件,没完没了。

旁白 neutral

For lunch we had gray stew

午餐我们喝了灰乎乎的炖汤。

旁白 neutral

It reminded me of orphanage food

这让我想起了孤儿院的伙食。

旁白 neutral

In English the professor gave us an impossible poem to analyze

英语课上,教授给我们布置了一首根本没法分析的诗。

旁白 neutral

No one knew what to write

没人知道该写些什么。

旁白 neutral

So we sat there in silence for 45 minutes

于是我们就在那儿静静地坐了45分钟。

旁白 neutral

Then it rained, and we couldn't play golf in gym class

后来下雨了,体育课的高尔夫球也打不成了。

旁白 neutral

When I got home, my new spring dress had arrived

等我回到宿舍,我新买的春装已经到了。

旁白 neutral

But it was so tight that I couldn't sit down

但它紧得要命,我连坐都坐不下。

旁白 neutral

Oh, and the maid had cleaned my room while I was at classes

哦对了,我上课的时候,女佣把我的房间打扫了。

旁白 neutral

She mixed up all my papers!

她把我的纸张全弄乱了!

旁白 neutral

Supper was as delicious as lunch

晚餐和午餐一样美味。

旁白 neutral

In other words, more orphanage food

换句话说,又是孤儿院的伙食。

旁白 neutral

I was finally sitting down to read when someone knocked on my door

我刚坐下想看书,突然有人敲了我的门。

旁白 neutral

It was a girl from Latin class

是拉丁语课上的一位女孩。

旁白 neutral

" May I ask a quick question about the homework?" she said

“我可以问一个关于作业的小问题吗?”她说。

旁白 neutral

She stayed for an hour, talking about the most boring things

她待了一个小时,聊的都是些最无聊的事。

旁白 neutral

After she left, I decided to write to you

她走后,我决定给你写信。

旁白 neutral

And that's when the centipede arrived

就在这时,蜈蚣出现了。

旁白 neutral

So I've had a bad day

所以,我度过了糟糕的一天。

旁白 neutral

Anybody can face a crisis

危机面前,人人都能应付。

旁白 neutral

But I think it's harder to deal with life's little annoyances

但我觉得,应付人生的小烦恼才更不容易。

旁白 neutral

That requires spirit

那需要精神力量。

旁白 neutral

From now on, I'll try to be that kind of person

从现在开始,我会努力成为那种人。

旁白 neutral

You'll never hear me complain about Julia wearing silk stockings

你再也不会听到我抱怨茱莉亚穿丝袜了。

旁白 neutral

Or centipedes dropping in while I'm writing a letter

也不会抱怨写信时蜈蚣掉下来。

旁白 neutral

Yours truly

你真诚的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

May 5

5月5日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

I just received a most disturbing letter from Mrs. Lippett

我刚收到李皮特太太一封非常令人心烦意乱的来信。

旁白 neutral

She hopes I am behaving myself and doing well in my studies

她希望我循规蹈矩,学业优良。

旁白 neutral

( That's not the disturbing part.)

(这不是让人心烦的那部分。)

旁白 neutral

She wants me to return to the orphanage this summer and work there

她想让我今年夏天回孤儿院去干活。

旁白 neutral

( That's the disturbing part.)

(这才是让人心烦的那部分。)

旁白 neutral

I can imagine what happened at this month's meeting of the trustees and ladies' committee

我能想象这个月的董事会和太太委员会会议上发生了什么。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Lippett stood up and said," Thank you all for coming today

李皮特太太站起来说:“感谢各位今天莅临。

旁白 neutral

We must discuss Jerusha Abbott's future."

我们必须讨论一下洁露莎·阿伯特的未来。”

旁白 neutral

Then one of the trustees ( maybe you?) said," I thought that was settled

然后一位董事(也许是您?)说:“我以为这件事已经定下来了。

旁白 neutral

She's studying to be a writer."

她正在学习成为一名作家。”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Lippett looked very respectful

李皮特太太看上去毕恭毕敬。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, we did settle that part of her future, sir

“是的,先生,她那部分未来的确是定下来了。

旁白 neutral

But I'm talking about this summer

但我说的是今年夏天的事。

旁白 neutral

I assume she has no place to go

我想她没地方可去。

旁白 neutral

She is, of course, an orphan."

毕竟,她是个孤儿。”

旁白 neutral

Several of the ladies nodded in agreement

几位太太赞同地点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" So I respectfully suggest that Jerusha be allowed to return here," Mrs. Lippett went on

“所以我恳请允许洁露莎回到这里来,”李皮特太太接着说。

旁白 neutral

" There's plenty of work for her to do."

“有好多活儿等着她干呢。”

旁白 neutral

Did anyone speak up to defend me?

有人站出来为我说话吗?

旁白 neutral

Did anyone ask what I thought of this idea?

有人问过我对这个想法怎么想吗?

旁白 neutral

Obviously not

显然没有。

旁白 neutral

So I'll tell you what I think of Mrs. Lippett's proposal

所以我来告诉您我对李皮特太太提议的看法。

旁白 neutral

I HATE THE JOHN GRIER HOME

我讨厌约翰·格里尔之家。

旁白 neutral

I would rather die than go back there!

我宁愿死也不要回到那里去!

旁白 neutral

Even for just a summer

哪怕只是一个夏天也不行。

旁白 neutral

Yours most truthfully

你最真诚的,

旁白 neutral

Jerusha Abbott

洁露莎·阿伯特