Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E05 · Episodes

005 新衣和旧物

新衣和旧物

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 5 — 新衣和旧物.

89 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

November 15

11月15日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

I've changed my name!

我改名字啦!

旁白 neutral

I'm still Jerusha to the college

在大学里,我仍是洁露莎。

旁白 neutral

But I'm Judy to everyone else

但对其他人来说,我是朱蒂。

旁白 neutral

Usually somebody else comes up with a nickname

通常昵称是别人给起的。

旁白 neutral

( Just like I gave you the name Daddy Longlegs!)

(就像我给你起了长腿叔叔这个名字!)

旁白 neutral

So I guess it's sad that I had to make one up for myself

所以我想,得自己给自己起一个,这有点可怜。

旁白 neutral

But that's not totally true

但这也不全对。

旁白 neutral

One of the little orphans used to call me Judy

以前有个小孤儿总叫我朱蒂。

旁白 neutral

He couldn't say Jerusha when he was learning to talk

他学说话的时候,说不清“杰鲁莎”。

旁白 neutral

I always wondered where my name came from

我一直想知道我的名字是怎么来的。

旁白 neutral

One day, when I still lived at the orphanage, I asked Mrs. Lippett

有一天,我还在孤儿院的时候,我问了李皮特太太。

旁白 neutral

" Did my parents name me Jerusha Abbott?"

“是我父母给我起的名字杰鲁莎·阿博特吗?”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Lippett frowned

李皮特太太皱起了眉头。

旁白 neutral

" Oh no. You were like many of the other orphans here

“哦,不。你和这里的许多其他孤儿一样。

旁白 neutral

We didn't know your parents' names or your name

我们不知道你父母的名字,也不知道你的名字。

旁白 neutral

Someone just left you on the orphanage steps."

有人把你丢在了孤儿院的台阶上。”

旁白 neutral

" Then where did my name come from?"

“那我的名字是从哪儿来的呢?”

旁白 neutral

" The same place I get all the orphans' names — the telephone book!"

“和我给所有孤儿起名字的地方一样——电话簿!”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Lippett sounded proud of herself

李皮特太太听起来很得意。

旁白 neutral

" You'll find Abbott right there on the first page."

“你会在第一页上看到阿伯特。”

旁白 neutral

" But where did you find Jerusha?"

“可是你从哪里找到杰鲁莎的呢?”

旁白 neutral

" On a tombstone in the cemetery!

“在墓地的墓碑上!

旁白 neutral

Now get back to work, Jerusha, and stop asking questions."

现在回去工作,杰鲁莎,别再问问题了。”

旁白 neutral

Well, Daddy Longlegs, I never told her this, but I'll tell you

长腿叔叔,我从来没有跟她说过,但我要告诉你。

旁白 neutral

I've always hated the name Jerusha

我一直很讨厌杰鲁莎这个名字。

旁白 neutral

But I like Judy. It's such a silly name

但我喜欢朱蒂。这是个傻傻的名字。

旁白 neutral

It belongs to someone who is the complete opposite of me

它属于一个和我完全相反的人。

旁白 neutral

A sweet little blue-eyed thing, whose family adores and spoils her

一个蓝眼睛的甜美小女孩,被家人宠爱着。

旁白 neutral

I may have faults, but no one can say that I've been spoiled

我也许有缺点,但没人能说我是被宠坏的。

旁白 neutral

So from now on, please call me Judy

所以从现在起,请叫我朱蒂。

旁白 neutral

I have some more news for you

我还有些消息要告诉你。

旁白 neutral

I made the basketball team!

我入选篮球队了!

旁白 neutral

You should see the bruise I got the other day at practice

你真该看看我前几天训练时受的淤青。

旁白 neutral

My left shoulder is blue and purple with orange streaks

我的左肩青一块紫一块,还带着橙色条纹。

旁白 neutral

For your information, Julia Pendleton didn't make the team

跟你说一声,茱莉亚·彭德尔顿没入选。

旁白 neutral

Hooray! ( I really am very mean sometimes.)

万岁!(我有时确实挺刻薄的。)

旁白 neutral

I like college more and more every day

我一天比一天更喜欢大学生活了。

旁白 neutral

I like the girls ( except for Julia ) and the teachers and the classes and the food

我喜欢那些女孩们(茱莉亚除外),还有老师、课程和食物。

旁白 neutral

We have ice cream twice a week

我们每周吃两次冰淇淋。

旁白 neutral

We never have cornmeal mush, which we had often at the orphanage

我们从来不吃玉米糊,在孤儿院时却常吃。

旁白 neutral

Oh, I just remembered something!

哦,我刚想起一件事!

旁白 neutral

I never told you about my clothes

我还没跟你提过我的衣服呢。

旁白 neutral

Before school started, Miss Pritchard took me shopping

开学前,普里查德小姐带我去买了衣服。

旁白 neutral

( She's on the ladies' committee at the orphanage, but I guess you remember that.)

(她是孤儿院妇女委员会的,不过我想您知道。)

旁白 neutral

Anyway, I thought I'd get one new dress

反正,我以为只会买一件新裙子。

旁白 neutral

Well, maybe two since you were paying for them

嗯,或许两件,因为是您付钱。

旁白 neutral

But here's what happened:

但事情是这样的:

旁白 neutral

" I like this dress for classes," I said as we shopped

逛街时我说:“这件裙子上课穿挺合适。”

旁白 neutral

" And I like this one for church. May I get both?"

“我还喜欢这件去教堂时穿。我能两件都买吗?”

旁白 neutral

Miss Pritchard smiled kindly at me

普里查德小姐亲切地对我笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" You'll need more than two dresses at college."

“在大学里,你需要的裙子可不止两件。”

旁白 neutral

" I will?"

“是吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, dear. You'll need a suit and an evening dress and at least one dinner dress."

“是的,亲爱的。你还需要一套套装、一件晚礼服,还有至少一件晚餐裙。”

旁白 neutral

Who knew college required so many clothes?

谁能想到上大学需要这么多衣服呢?

旁白 neutral

So, thanks to you, I now own a dress for classes, a dress for church, and a suit

所以,多亏了您,我现在有了一件上课穿的连衣裙、一件去教堂穿的连衣裙和一套套装。

旁白 neutral

Plus, two dinner dresses and a silk evening dress!

另外,还有两件晚餐裙和一件丝绸晚礼服!

旁白 neutral

Can you imagine me — an orphan — in an evening dress?

您能想象我——一个孤儿——穿上晚礼服的样子吗?

旁白 neutral

I also have three pairs of fine white gloves

我还有三双精致的白手套。

旁白 neutral

At the orphanage I received mittens for Christmas

在孤儿院时,圣诞节我收到的是连指手套。

旁白 neutral

But I never had beautiful gloves like these

但我从未有过这样漂亮的手套。

旁白 neutral

I like them so much that I often try them on

我太喜欢了,经常试戴它们。

旁白 neutral

I wish I could wear them to class!

真希望能戴着它们去上课!

旁白 neutral

You probably think I'm behaving like a silly girl

您大概觉得我像个傻女孩吧。

旁白 neutral

And that you're wasting your money educating me

觉得您花钱供我读书是浪费。

旁白 neutral

But, Daddy Longlegs, if you'd worn blue gingham most of your life, you'd understand!

可是,长腿叔叔,如果您大半辈子都穿蓝色格子布衣服,您就会明白了!

旁白 neutral

When I started high school, things got even worse

我上高中后,情况更糟了。

旁白 neutral

My clothes came from the village poor box

我的衣服来自村里的济贫箱。

旁白 neutral

On the first day of school, I sat next to a girl who used to own my dress

开学第一天,我旁边坐着一个女孩,她曾经是我身上这件裙子的主人。

旁白 neutral

" Did you see her dress?" the girl next to me whispered to a friend

“你看见她的裙子了吗?”我旁边的女孩对一个朋友低声说。

旁白 neutral

" Whose dress?"

“谁的裙子?”

旁白 neutral

" The girl from the orphanage. Jerusha."

“孤儿院那个女孩。洁露莎。”

旁白 neutral

The second girl studied me

第二个女孩打量着我。

旁白 neutral

" Didn't you have a dress like that last year?" she said to the first girl

“你去年不是有一件那样的裙子吗?”她对第一个女孩说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes! But it's out of style, so my mother put it in the poor box."

“是啊!不过过时了,所以我妈妈把它放进济贫箱了。”

旁白 neutral

Then they laughed while I turned red with shame

然后她们大笑,我羞得满脸通红。

旁白 neutral

And this happened every year!

这样的事每年都会发生!

旁白 neutral

I'll never forget that feeling

我永远忘不了那种感觉。

旁白 neutral

Do you see why I appreciate my new clothes?

您明白我为什么珍惜新衣服了吧?

旁白 neutral

Six outfits — all pretty and new and bought just for me

六套衣服——全都漂亮、崭新,而且只为我一个人买的。

旁白 neutral

One last thing: I know I shouldn't expect any letters from you

最后还有一件事:我知道不该期待您给我写信。

旁白 neutral

And Mrs. Lippett told me not to bother you with questions

李皮特太太也叮嘱过我不要用问题打扰您。

旁白 neutral

But I just want to know a few things

但我就是想知道几件事。

旁白 neutral

Are you very old or just a little old?

您是很老了,还是只有一点点老?

旁白 neutral

Are you completely bald or only a little bald?

您是全秃了,还是只有一点点秃?

旁白 neutral

It's hard to picture you without some details

没有一些细节,很难想象您的样子。

旁白 neutral

Your well-dressed student

您衣着光鲜的学生,

旁白 neutral

Judy Abbott

朱蒂·阿博特