Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E06 · Episodes

006 头发的烦恼

头发的烦恼

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 6 — 头发的烦恼.

89 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

December 19

12月19日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿爸爸,

旁白 neutral

You never answered my question — are you bald?

你从没回答我的问题——你是秃头吗?

旁白 neutral

It's a very important question because I'm trying to draw a picture of you

这很重要,因为我在试着画你的肖像。

旁白 neutral

While I was drawing last night, Sallie came into my room

昨晚我在画画时,萨莉走进了我的房间。

旁白 neutral

" Who's that?" she asked

“那是谁?”她问。

旁白 neutral

" The kind old man who's sending me to college

“那位送我上大学的好心老先生。

旁白 neutral

It's difficult to draw him because I've never met him."

画他很难,因为我从没见过他。”

旁白 neutral

" You've never met him, but he's sending you to college?

“你从没见过他,他却送你上大学?

旁白 neutral

That's very generous of him."

他可真慷慨。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, it is."

是的,是他。

旁白 neutral

I didn't look up because I didn't want her to ask any more questions about you — or me

我没抬头,因为不想她再问我或你的任何问题。

旁白 neutral

So I concentrated on drawing your eyes

所以我专心画你的眼睛。

旁白 neutral

I decided to color them gray

我决定把它们涂成灰色。

旁白 neutral

" How do you know what color his eyes are?"

你怎么知道他眼睛是什么颜色?

旁白 neutral

Sallie stood behind me, watching

萨莉站在我身后看着。

旁白 neutral

" I'm just guessing."

我只是猜的。

旁白 neutral

I scribbled in your eyebrows

我随手画上了你的眉毛。

旁白 neutral

They stuck out like a porch roof

它们像门廊屋顶一样突出来。

旁白 neutral

Sallie laughed." Those are some eyebrows!"

萨莉笑了:“这眉毛可真够特别的!”

旁白 neutral

I laughed too." I think they call them ' beetle brows' in novels."

我也笑了。“我想小说里管这叫‘浓眉’呢。”

旁白 neutral

" I think they do." Sallie laughed again

“我想是的。”萨莉又笑了。

旁白 neutral

But there was no laughter on your face

但你的脸上没有笑容。

旁白 neutral

For your mouth, I drew a straight line that turned down at the corners

至于你的嘴,我画了一条在嘴角处下垂的直线。

旁白 neutral

" He looks like a crabby old thing!" Sallie said

“他看起来像个脾气古怪的老家伙!”萨莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, maybe he is. He never answers my letters."

“嗯,也许他就是那样。他从不回我的信。”

旁白 neutral

" That's rude!" Sallie said

“那可真没礼貌!”萨莉说。

旁白 neutral

" He's a kind but rude old man."

“他是个善良但粗鲁的老头。”

旁白 neutral

Until this point I'd been drawing quickly

在这之前,我画得很快。

旁白 neutral

But when I reached the top of your head, I got stuck

但画到你的头顶时,我卡住了。

旁白 neutral

" I can't decide whether he has white or black hair

“我拿不定主意,不知道他是白头发还是黑头发。

旁白 neutral

Or maybe he has gray hair mixed with dark hair

也许他是灰白头发混着一些黑发。

旁白 neutral

What's that called? Oh, I know. Salt and pepper."

那叫什么来着?哦,我知道了。花白头发。”

旁白 neutral

" Or maybe he's bald!" Sallie said

“也许他是秃头呢!”萨莉说。

旁白 neutral

" That's another possibility." I put down my pencil

“这也是一种可能。”我放下了铅笔。

旁白 neutral

" I have to stop drawing until I figure out what kind of hair he has."

“我得先停下不画了,等弄清楚他到底是什么头发再说。”

旁白 neutral

" How are you going to find that out?" Sallie asked

“那你怎么弄清楚呢?”萨莉问。

旁白 neutral

" I'll write him a letter, of course."

“当然是写信问他啦。”

旁白 neutral

So here I am writing you another letter about your hair

所以,我现在又给您写信了,还是关于您头发的事。

旁白 neutral

And now, it's not only me who wants to know its color; Sallie wants to know too

而且现在,不光我想知道您头发的颜色,萨莉也想知道。

旁白 neutral

There was something else Sallie wanted to know

萨莉还想知道另一件事。

旁白 neutral

But it was about me, not you

但这是关于我的,不是关于你的。

旁白 neutral

" Every night you put a Do Not Disturb sign on your door," she said

“你每晚都在门上挂一个‘请勿打扰’的牌子,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm lucky you were free tonight

“今晚你有空,算我走运。

旁白 neutral

What are you so busy doing in here?"

你都在里面忙些什么呢?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, just studying."

“哦,只不过是在学习。”

旁白 neutral

I rolled up my drawing and tucked it in a desk drawer

我把我的画卷起来,塞进书桌抽屉里。

旁白 neutral

" You must really like to study!" Sallie said

“你一定很喜欢学习!”萨莉说。

旁白 neutral

The truth is, I'm not studying

事实上,我并没有在学习。

旁白 neutral

I never study at night, no matter how many essays are due the next day

我晚上从不学习,不管第二天有多少篇论文要交。

旁白 neutral

Instead I just read

相反,我只是在读书。

旁白 neutral

There are so many novels that I've never read, and so many things that I don't know

有太多我没读过的小说,太多我不知道的事情。

旁白 neutral

The other girls seem to know everything while I have 18 blank years behind me

其他女孩似乎什么都知道,而我身后只有18年的空白。

旁白 neutral

I'd never read Oliver Twist or Jane Eyre

我从没读过《雾都孤儿》或《简·爱》。

旁白 neutral

I didn't know that King Henry VIII was married more than once or that Shelley was a poet

我不知道亨利八世结过不止一次婚,也不知道雪莱是诗人。

旁白 neutral

I didn't know that R. L. S. stood for Robert Louis Stevenson or that he wrote Treasure Island

我不知道R.L.S.代表罗伯特·路易斯·史蒂文森,也不知道他写了《金银岛》。

旁白 neutral

I'd never seen a picture of the Mona Lisa

我从没见过《蒙娜丽莎》的画像。

旁白 neutral

And you probably won't believe this, but I'd never heard of Sherlock Holmes either!

而且你可能不会相信,我甚至从没听说过夏洛克·福尔摩斯!

旁白 neutral

Now I know all these things and a lot more

现在我知道所有这些事情,还有更多。

旁白 neutral

But you can see how I needed to catch up. And it's fun!

但你能看出来我需要迎头赶上。而且这很有趣!

旁白 neutral

All day I look forward to the evening

我整天都盼着晚上到来。

旁白 neutral

Then I put on my red bathrobe, sit on my couch, and read

然后我穿上我的红色浴袍,坐在沙发上读书。

旁白 neutral

One book isn't enough

一本书是不够的。

旁白 neutral

I usually have four going at once

我通常同时读四本。

旁白 neutral

Right now I'm reading Little Women

现在我正在读《小妇人》。

旁白 neutral

When I discovered I was the only girl in the dorm who didn't know that book, I said nothing

当我发现自己是宿舍里唯一不知道那本书的女孩时,我什么也没说。

旁白 neutral

I just went and bought it with $1.12 of my allowance

我只是用我一块一毛二的零花钱去买了它。

旁白 neutral

The Christmas holidays begin next week

圣诞假期下周就开始了。

旁白 neutral

Most of the girls are starting to pack their trunks to go home

大多数女孩都开始收拾箱子准备回家了。

旁白 neutral

The dormitory hallways are so full of trunks that you can hardly get past them

宿舍的走廊里堆满了箱子,你几乎没法从它们中间穿过去。

旁白 neutral

Everyone is bubbling over with excitement

每个人都兴奋得冒泡。

旁白 neutral

Nobody is studying very much

没人在很用功地学习了。

旁白 neutral

I'm going to have a wonderful time, even though I'll be staying here

即使我要待在这里,我也会过得很开心的。

旁白 neutral

There's another freshman who isn't going home

还有另一个新生也不回家。

旁白 neutral

She's from Texas, so it's too far to travel

她来自德克萨斯,所以回去太远了。

旁白 neutral

We're planning to take long walks

我们计划去远足。

旁白 neutral

And if there's any ice, we want to learn to skate

如果有冰的话,我们想去学滑冰。

旁白 neutral

Then there's the whole library full of books — and three weeks with nothing to do but read!

然后还有一整个图书馆的书——还有整整三周,除了读书无事可做!

旁白 neutral

Good-bye, Daddy

再见,爸爸。

旁白 neutral

I hope that you're feeling as happy as I am

我希望您也和我一样感到快乐。

旁白 neutral

Yours truly

您真诚的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

P. S. Don't forget to answer my question

附言:别忘了回答我的问题。

旁白 neutral

If you don't want to answer, have your secretary send me a telegram

如果您不想回答,就让您的秘书给我发封电报。

旁白 neutral

He can just say Mr. Smith is quite bald

他只要说史密斯先生相当秃就行。

旁白 neutral

Or Mr. Smith is not bald

或者史密斯先生不秃。

旁白 neutral

Or Mr. Smith has white hair

或者史密斯先生长着白发。

旁白 neutral

And you can deduct the 25 cents for the telegram from my allowance

您可以从我的零花钱里扣掉那二十五美分的电报费。

旁白 neutral

Good-bye until January — and have a merry Christmas!

一月份再见——祝您圣诞快乐!