Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E04 · Episodes

004 陌生的地方

陌生的地方

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 4 — 陌生的地方.

82 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

October 10

10月10日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿爸爸,

旁白 neutral

Have you ever heard of Michelangelo? I thought I had, but I was wrong

你听说过米开朗基罗吗?我以为我听说过,但我错了。

旁白 neutral

The other day in English class, the professor said," Who can tell me something about Michelangelo?"

几天前在英语课上,教授说:“谁能告诉我一些关于米开朗基罗的事?”

旁白 neutral

Just about every girl in the class raised her hand, so I was happy that she called on me

班上几乎每个女孩都举了手,所以她叫到我时我很高兴。

旁白 neutral

I spoke up loudly, and everyone could hear me." He was an angel."

我大声说道,所有人都能听见:“他是个天使。”

旁白 neutral

What a mistake! The whole class burst out laughing!

真是个大错!全班哄堂大笑!

旁白 neutral

Even the professor was trying to hide a smile

就连教授也在努力忍住笑容。

旁白 neutral

" Anyone else want to try?" she said

“还有人想试试吗?”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Michelangelo was a famous artist who lived in Italy a long time ago," Julia Pendleton said

“米开朗基罗是很久以前住在意大利的一位著名艺术家。”茱莉亚·彭德尔顿说。

旁白 neutral

" Everybody knows that."

“大家都知道这个。”

旁白 neutral

" But he has angel right in the middle of his name!" I thought, blushing furiously

“可他名字中间明明有‘天使’啊!”我心想,脸一下子涨得通红。

旁白 neutral

The trouble with college is that everyone thinks you already know a lot of things

大学的麻烦在于,大家都觉得你已经懂很多事了。

旁白 neutral

But I never learned those things in the orphanage

但我在孤儿院里从没学过那些东西。

旁白 neutral

It's very embarrassing at times

有时候真的很尴尬。

旁白 neutral

Now I keep quiet when the girls talk about something I've never heard of

现在,每当女孩们聊起我从没听说过的事情,我都不出声。

旁白 neutral

Then afterward I look it up in the encyclopedia

然后等之后我再去百科全书里查。

旁白 neutral

You know, Daddy Longlegs, it isn't the work that's hard at college. It's the play

您知道吗,长腿爸爸,大学里难的并不是功课,而是玩乐。

旁白 neutral

Half the time I don't know what the girls are talking about

多半时候我根本听不懂那些女孩子在聊什么。

旁白 neutral

I'm a stranger in a foreign country, and I don't understand the language

我就像个身处异国的陌生人,听不懂那里的语言。

旁白 neutral

It's a miserable feeling. But I've had it all my life

这种感觉很痛苦。但我这一生都是这么过来的。

旁白 neutral

In high school the girls would stand in groups and stare at me

高中时,那些女生会成群结队地站着,盯着我看。

旁白 neutral

I was odd and different

我很古怪,与众不同。

旁白 neutral

I felt like John Grier Home for Orphans was stamped across my forehead

我感觉好像额头上印着“约翰·格里尔孤儿院”几个大字。

旁白 neutral

There was one nice girl. Sometimes she came over and said something polite

有一个好心的女孩。有时她会走过来,说些客气话。

旁白 neutral

" How are you today, Jerusha?"

“你今天好吗,洁茹莎?”

旁白 neutral

Or " What did you think of the history test, Jerusha?"

或者“你觉得历史测验怎么样,洁茹莎?”

旁白 neutral

Or " I really liked your story when the English teacher read it aloud."

或者“英语老师大声朗读你写的故事时,我真的很喜欢。”

旁白 neutral

But I hated every one of those high school girls

但我讨厌高中里的每一个女生。

旁白 neutral

And I especially hated the nice one

尤其讨厌那个好心的。

旁白 neutral

I knew she only talked to me because she pitied me

我知道她跟我说话只是因为同情我。

旁白 neutral

Nobody here knows that I grew up in an orphanage

这儿没人知道我在孤儿院长大。

旁白 neutral

Not even Sallie McBride

就连萨莉·麦克布莱德也不知道。

旁白 neutral

One day when we were walking, Sallie said," You never talk about your family

有一天我们散步时,萨莉说:“你从不谈论你的家人。

旁白 neutral

Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

你有兄弟姐妹吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No, I'm an only child," I quickly replied

“没有,我是独生女,”我飞快地回答。

旁白 neutral

" And I've never heard you mention your parents."

“而且我从没听你提起过你的父母。”

旁白 neutral

" That's because they're dead."

“那是因为他们去世了。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I'm so sorry!" Sallie said

“哦,真抱歉!”萨莉说。

旁白 neutral

" I hope I didn't make you feel bad by asking about them."

“希望我问起他们没让你难过。”

旁白 neutral

I shook my head." No, they've been dead a long time

我摇了摇头。“不,他们已经去世很久了。

旁白 neutral

I'm only able to go to college because a kind old gentleman is sending me."

我能上大学,全是因为一位好心的老先生在资助我。”

旁白 neutral

That's mostly true, right?

这大部分是实话,对吧?

旁白 neutral

I just want to be like the other girls

我只想和其他女孩一样。

旁白 neutral

I just want to forget the John Grier Home and get on with my life

我只想忘掉约翰·格里尔之家,开始我新的生活。

旁白 neutral

At least Sallie likes me and is my friend

至少萨莉喜欢我,是我的朋友。

旁白 neutral

I've just been reading over this letter

我刚把这封信重读了一遍。

旁白 neutral

It sounds pretty unhappy

听起来相当不开心。

旁白 neutral

But that's probably because I have an essay due tomorrow and a geometry test

但那可能是因为我明天要交一篇论文,还有一场几何考试。

旁白 neutral

And I have a very sneezy cold

而且我还得了让人不停打喷嚏的感冒。

旁白 neutral

Oh, I almost forgot! Mrs. Lippett said that you wanted to know everything I'm learning

哦,我差点忘了!李皮特太太说您想知道我在学什么。

旁白 neutral

Besides English and geometry, I'm taking Latin, French, and biology

除了英语和几何,我还在学拉丁语、法语和生物。

旁白 neutral

Yesterday the English professor had something nice to say about my latest paper

昨天英语教授对我最近的论文说了些好话。

旁白 neutral

" This shows a lot of originality," she said to the whole class

“这显示出很多原创性,”她对全班说。

旁白 neutral

Which made me feel better about the Michelangelo episode

这让我对米开朗基罗那件事感觉好多了。

旁白 neutral

The John Grier Home aims to turn out 97 orphans who are all alike

约翰·格里尔之家旨在培养出97个彼此相似的孤儿。

旁白 neutral

So it's amazing that I have any originality

所以我还有任何原创性真是令人惊讶。

旁白 neutral

I hope I don't hurt your feelings when I say bad things about the orphanage

我希望我说孤儿院的坏话不会伤害您的感情。

旁白 neutral

But if I do hurt your feelings, you can stop my allowance

但如果我真的伤害了您的感情,您可以停止我的生活费。

旁白 neutral

I guess that's not a polite thing to say

我想这么说不太礼貌。

旁白 neutral

But you can't expect me to have any manners

但你可不能指望我懂什么礼仪。

旁白 neutral

After all, I grew up in an orphanage!

毕竟,我是在孤儿院长大的!

旁白 neutral

Here's some more news:

再告诉你一些新消息:

旁白 neutral

I'm trying out for the freshman basketball team

我正在参加新生篮球队的选拔。

旁白 neutral

I'm short, but I'm quick and tough

我个子不高,但我动作敏捷、身体结实。

旁白 neutral

While the other girls are jumping, I dodge under their feet and grab the ball

别的女孩跳起来的时候,我就从她们脚下钻过去抢球。

旁白 neutral

Practicing is fun!

训练可有趣了!

旁白 neutral

We're outside in the fall air and the trees are all red and yellow

我们在户外,沐浴着秋天的空气,树都变成了红色和黄色。

旁白 neutral

Everybody is laughing and shouting

每个人都又笑又叫的。

旁白 neutral

These are the happiest girls I've ever seen — and I'm the happiest of all

这是我见过的最快乐的女孩们——而我是其中最快乐的一个。

旁白 neutral

So there. I've thought of some cheerful things to tell you

好啦。我总算想到一些开心事告诉你了。

旁白 neutral

Don't be discouraged when my letters seem sad

要是我的信有时显得难过,你可别灰心。

旁白 neutral

I really love college, and I love you for sending me

我真的很喜欢上大学,也很感激你送我来。

旁白 neutral

The ten o'clock bell is going to ring in two minutes

再过两分钟,十点的钟声就要响了。

旁白 neutral

Our day is divided into sections by bells

我们的一天被钟声分成一段一段的。

旁白 neutral

We eat and sleep and study by bells

我们吃饭、睡觉、学习都听着钟声。

旁白 neutral

There goes the bell! Lights out

钟声响了!该熄灯了。

旁白 neutral

Observe how seriously I take the rules here

你看我多把这儿的规矩当回事。

旁白 neutral

The John Grier Home has trained me well

约翰·格里尔之家真是把我训练得很好。

旁白 neutral

So I've said nice things about the orphanage too!

这下我也说了孤儿院的好话了!

旁白 neutral

Sincerely

你诚挚的,

旁白 neutral

Jerusha Abbott

洁露莎·阿博特