Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E03 · Episodes

003 开学第一天

开学第一天

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 3 — 开学第一天.

82 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

September 24

9月24日

旁白 neutral

Dear Kind Trustee Who Sends Orphans to College

亲爱的送孤儿上大学的善良理事,

旁白 neutral

Well, here I am at college!

好了,我终于到大学了!

旁白 neutral

I traveled for four hours on the train

我在火车上坐了四个小时。

旁白 neutral

I never rode on a train before

我之前从没坐过火车。

旁白 neutral

College is the biggest, most confusing place I've ever been!

大学是我去过的最宏大、最让人摸不着头脑的地方!

旁白 neutral

I get lost whenever I leave my room

我每次一离开房间就会迷路。

旁白 neutral

It seems strange to write letters to someone I don't know

给一个我不认识的人写信,感觉真奇怪。

旁白 neutral

Actually, it seems strange to be writing letters at all

其实,光是写信这件事本身就让我觉得奇怪。

旁白 neutral

I've only written three or four in my life

我这辈子也就只写过三四封信。

旁白 neutral

So please forgive me if my letters aren't perfect

所以,如果我的信写得不够好,还请原谅。

旁白 neutral

Before I left, Mrs. Lippett and I had a very serious talk

临走之前,李皮特太太跟我进行了一次十分严肃的谈话。

旁白 neutral

She told me how to behave for the rest of my life

她告诉我今后一辈子该如何为人处世。

旁白 neutral

Including how I should behave toward you

包括该如何对待您。

旁白 neutral

" Jerusha, you must be very respectful to the kind gentleman who's doing so much for you," she said

她说:“洁若莎,你一定要对那位帮了你这么大忙的好心先生毕恭毕敬。”

旁白 neutral

" But how can I be respectful to someone who wants to be called John Smith?

“可是,对一个想让人叫他约翰·史密斯的人,我怎么能恭敬得起来?

旁白 neutral

I wish he'd chosen a more interesting name

我真希望他挑个更有意思的名字。

旁白 neutral

I might as well write letters to Dear Hitching Post."

我还不如把信写给‘亲爱的拴马桩’呢。”

旁白 neutral

" Jerusha!" Mrs. Lippett was shocked

“洁若莎!”李皮特太太大吃一惊。

旁白 neutral

" That is not respectful!"

“这太不恭敬了!”

旁白 neutral

I thought about you a great deal this summer

这个夏天我经常想起您。

旁白 neutral

You've taken an interest in me

您一直关心着我。

旁白 neutral

That makes me almost feel that I have a family

这让我几乎感觉我也有个家了。

旁白 neutral

It seems as if I belong to somebody now, and I like that feeling

现在仿佛我有了归属,我喜欢这种感觉。

旁白 neutral

But when I think about you, I have very little to work with

但是当我想到您时,我能想象到的却很少。

旁白 neutral

I only know three things about you:

我只知道关于您的三件事:

旁白 neutral

1. You are tall

第一,您个子很高。

旁白 neutral

2. You are rich

第二,您很有钱。

旁白 neutral

3. You hate girls

第三,您讨厌女孩子。

旁白 neutral

I suppose I could address you as Dear Mr. Girl Hater. But that's rather insulting to me

我想我或许可以称呼您为“亲爱的讨厌女孩先生”,但这称呼对我来说有点侮辱人。

旁白 neutral

Or Dear Mr. Rich Man, but that's insulting to you

或者叫亲爱的富翁先生,但那对你太失礼了。

旁白 neutral

That sounds like money is the only important thing about you

听起来好像钱是你唯一重要的东西。

旁白 neutral

Besides, maybe you won't stay rich for your whole life

再说,也许你不会一辈子都这么富有。

旁白 neutral

Lots of wealthy men lose all their money in the stock market

好多有钱人都在股市里赔光了钱呢。

旁白 neutral

But at least you'll stay tall all your life!

但至少你这辈子都会这么高!

旁白 neutral

So I've decided to call you Daddy Longlegs. I hope you won't mind

所以我决定叫你长腿叔叔。希望你别介意。

旁白 neutral

It's just a private nickname

这只是个私底下的绰号。

旁白 neutral

Please don't tell Mrs. Lippett!

请千万别告诉李皮特太太!

旁白 neutral

Let me tell you about my room, which is in a tower in Fergussen Hall

让我跟你讲讲我的房间,它在费格森楼的塔楼里。

旁白 neutral

It used to be part of the infirmary before the college built the new one

这里以前是诊疗所的一部分,后来学校建了新的。

旁白 neutral

There are three other girls on the same floor

同一层还住着另外三个女孩。

旁白 neutral

There's a senior who wears glasses

有一位高年级生,她戴着眼镜。

旁白 neutral

She's always telling us to be quiet

她老是叫我们安静点。

旁白 neutral

And two freshmen, Sallie McBride and Julia Rutledge Pendleton

还有两位新生,莎莉·麦克布莱德和茱莉亚·拉特利奇·彭德尔顿。

旁白 neutral

Sallie has red hair and is quite friendly

莎莉有一头红发,人很友善。

旁白 neutral

Julia comes from one of wealthiest families in New York

茱莉亚来自纽约最富有的家族之一。

旁白 neutral

She hasn't noticed me yet

她还没注意到我呢。

旁白 neutral

Sallie and Julia room together, but the senior and I have singles

莎莉和茱莉亚同住一间,但那位高年级生和我住的是单人间。

旁白 neutral

Usually freshmen can't get singles

新生通常是不能住单人间的。

旁白 neutral

But I got one without even asking

但我没怎么要求就分到了一间。

旁白 neutral

Maybe the college was worried about my behavior around girls raised by proper families

也许学校是担心,我在那些正经家庭长大的女孩身边会行为不当。

旁白 neutral

So there are advantages to being an orphan!

所以,当个孤儿也是有好处哒!

旁白 neutral

I'm going to enjoy my own room

我要好好享受我自己的房间。

旁白 neutral

Especially after spending 18 years in one room with 20 roommates!

尤其是在一个房间里和二十个舍友一起住了十八年之后!

旁白 neutral

Sallie is the most entertaining person in the world, and Julia is the least entertaining person

莎莉是世界上最有趣的人,而茱莉亚是世界上最无趣的人。

旁白 neutral

Sallie thinks everything is funny, and Julia is bored with everything

莎莉觉得一切都很好玩,茱莉亚则对一切都感到厌烦。

旁白 neutral

Julia never makes the slightest effort to be friendly

茱莉亚从来不肯花哪怕一丁点力气来表示友好。

旁白 neutral

She believes that if you're born a Pendleton, you deserve only the best things

她相信,如果你生来就是潘德尔顿家的人,你就只配得上最好的东西。

旁白 neutral

She and I were born to be enemies!

她和我,天生就是敌人!

旁白 neutral

I've fixed up my room with Sallie's help

我在莎莉的帮助下,把房间布置好了。

旁白 neutral

She has lived in a real house all her life, so I trusted her advice

她这辈子都住在真正的房子里,所以我相信她的建议。

旁白 neutral

" Let's go to the senior auction," she said the other day

“我们去参加高年级的拍卖会吧,”她那天说道。

旁白 neutral

" The seniors will be selling things they don't want anymore."

“高年级生会卖掉他们不再需要的东西。”

旁白 neutral

When we got to the auction, I had no idea where to begin

到了拍卖会,我完全不知道从何看起。

旁白 neutral

But Sallie steered me toward a wooden desk

但莎莉把我引向了一张木书桌。

旁白 neutral

" You should bid on that. It's very nice."

“你应该竞拍那个。它很漂亮。”

旁白 neutral

" What about that brown rug over there?" I said

“那边那块棕色地毯怎么样?”我说。

旁白 neutral

But when we looked at it, we noticed an ink spot

可我们一看,发现上面有一块墨渍。

旁白 neutral

" The ink spot will make it less expensive." Sallie looked around

“有墨渍会让它更便宜。”莎莉环顾四周。

旁白 neutral

" And with the money you save, you could buy that wicker chair

“用省下来的钱,你就能买那把藤椅了。

旁白 neutral

Then you could put the chair over the spot."

然后你就可以把椅子放在那个污渍上面了。”

旁白 neutral

So I bought all three items as well as some yellow curtains and cushions

于是我买了这三样东西,还有一些黄色的窗帘和靠垫。

旁白 neutral

You can't imagine how fun it is to shop, and get change back after paying!

您无法想象,买东西付完钱还能拿回找零,是多么有趣!

旁白 neutral

Especially since I've never had more than a few cents in my life

尤其是我这辈子手头从没超过几分钱。

旁白 neutral

I assure you, Daddy dear, I do appreciate the allowance

我向您保证,亲爱的长腿叔叔,我真的很感激这笔生活费。

旁白 neutral

Well, it's time for me to end my first letter. One more thing..

好了,该结束我的第一封信了。还有一件事……

旁白 neutral

Sallie just poked her head in my door

莎莉刚刚从门口探进头来。

旁白 neutral

She said," I'm so homesick that I simply can't stand it. Do you feel that way?"

她说:“我想家想得简直受不了。你也会这样吗?”

旁白 neutral

I smiled a little." No, I think I'll be all right."

我微微一笑。“不,我想我没事的。”

旁白 neutral

I've never heard of anyone being orphanage sick. Have you?

我从没听说过谁会想念孤儿院。您听说过吗?

旁白 neutral

Yours most respectfully

您最恭敬的,

旁白 neutral

Jerusha Abbott

艾伯特·乔若莎