Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E14 · Episodes

014 为医生策马疾驰

为医生策马疾驰

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 14 — 为医生策马疾驰.

66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

One night soon after James had left Birtwick Park for his new job, I was awakened from a sound sleep by the clang of the stable bell

詹姆斯离开伯特威克庄园去新工作后不久的一个晚上,我被马厩铃的响声从沉睡中惊醒。

旁白 neutral

John came running in

约翰跑了进来。

旁白 neutral

His clothes were askew as if he'd pulled them on very quickly

他的衣服歪歪扭扭的,好像匆忙穿上一样。

旁白 neutral

" Wake up, Beauty!" he called." You must go as fast as you can!"

“醒醒,美儿!”他喊道,“你必须尽可能快地跑!”

旁白 neutral

Almost before I knew what was happening, he had my saddle and bridle on

我几乎还没反应过来,他就给我套上了马鞍和缰绳。

旁白 neutral

Then he led me out and jogged me over toward the main house

然后他牵着我出去,小跑着把我带到主屋那边。

旁白 neutral

The squire was standing in the doorway wrapped in a robe

乡绅裹着长袍站在门口。

旁白 neutral

" Ride for your life, John," he said in a hoarse, anxious voice

“拼命骑,约翰,”他用沙哑焦虑的声音说。

旁白 neutral

" Or rather, ride for your mistress' life. There's not a moment to lose

“更确切地说,是为女主人的生命骑。片刻都耽误不得。”

旁白 neutral

Give Dr. White this note, and then give your horse a rest at the inn

把这封信交给怀特医生,然后让马在旅店休息一下。

旁白 neutral

After that start back as soon as you can."

然后尽快往回赶。”

旁白 neutral

John took the note from the squire and put it in his pocket

约翰从乡绅手里接过便条,放进口袋里。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, sir," he said." We'll ride swiftly!"

“好的,先生,”他说,“我们会骑得飞快!”

旁白 neutral

He swung into the saddle, urging me into a trot as we passed through the gates

他翻身上马,穿过大门时催我快步小跑起来。

旁白 neutral

Once we were out on the road, he touched my side with his heel, asking me to canter

一到大路上,他就用脚跟轻碰我的身体,让我慢跑起来。

旁白 neutral

I was fully awake by now and feeling extra alert due to the unusual situation

这时我已完全清醒,因为这非同寻常的情况而格外警觉。

旁白 neutral

It was a moonlit night and almost as bright as day

那是个月明之夜,几乎亮如白昼。

旁白 neutral

Everything looked and felt a little different than it did in the daytime

一切看起来、感觉起来都和白天有点不一样。

旁白 neutral

Still I knew that John would take care of me and so I wasn't afraid

不过我知道约翰会照顾我,所以我并不害怕。

旁白 neutral

Soon we came to a long, level stretch of road along the river

很快,我们来到河边一条又长又平的路上。

旁白 neutral

" Now, Beauty," John said," do your best."

“现在,黑骏马,”约翰说,“尽力跑。”

旁白 neutral

He closed his legs against my side, and I understood instantly what he wanted

他双腿夹紧我的身侧,我立刻明白了他的意思。

旁白 neutral

Stretching my legs, I burst into a gallop

我伸展四肢,猛地全速奔驰起来。

旁白 neutral

For the next two miles I ran as fast as I could

接下来的两英里,我以最快速度奔跑。

旁白 neutral

Even my racehorse ancestors couldn't have done any better!

甚至我的赛马祖先也不可能跑得更好了!

旁白 neutral

When we reached a bridge, John pulled me back to a trot and patted me

到达一座桥时,约翰让我减速小跑,并轻拍着我。

旁白 neutral

" Well done, Beauty!" he said." Good boy!"

“干得好,黑骏马!”他说,“好孩子!”

旁白 neutral

On the other side of the bridge, John seemed willing to continue at the trot

过了桥,约翰似乎愿意继续小跑。

旁白 neutral

But it was a clear, frosty night, and I was still feeling good and ready to run

但这是一个晴朗而寒冷的夜晚,我仍然感觉良好,准备奔跑。

旁白 neutral

When I moved into a canter, and then a gallop, he allowed me to do so

当我改为慢跑,然后又全速奔驰时,他任由我这样跑。

旁白 neutral

We passed through a sleepy village and continued on our way

我们穿过一个寂静的村庄,继续赶路。

旁白 neutral

After eight miles we finally reached the larger town

走了八英里后,我们终于到达了更大的镇子。

旁白 neutral

It was very quiet, and my hooves clattered on the pavement

四周很安静,我的蹄子在路面上嗒嗒作响。

旁白 neutral

John steered me toward a street near the market square

约翰把我引向集市广场附近的一条街。

旁白 neutral

The church clock struck three as we stopped outside the doctor's house

我们在医生家门外停下时,教堂的钟敲了三下。

旁白 neutral

John rang the bell twice, and then knocked loudly on the door

约翰按了两下门铃,又重重地敲了敲门。

旁白 neutral

An upstairs window slid open

楼上的一扇窗户打开了。

旁白 neutral

" What is it?" Dr. White called down, sounding sleepy

“什么事?”怀特医生朝下喊道,声音里带着困意。

旁白 neutral

" Mrs. Gordon is very ill, sir," John called back

“戈登夫人病得很重,先生。”约翰大声回答。

旁白 neutral

" The squire is afraid she'll die if you don't come right away."

“乡绅担心您要是不马上来,她会死的。”

旁白 neutral

" I'll be right down," the doctor said

“我马上下来,”医生说。

旁白 neutral

The window slid shut again

窗户又滑下来关上了。

旁白 neutral

Moments later Dr. White was hurrying out toward us, buttoning his coat

不一会儿,怀特医生就边扣着外套,匆匆向我们走来。

旁白 neutral

" There's just one problem," he told John

“只是有一个问题,”他对约翰说。

旁白 neutral

" My son had to go somewhere tonight and took my horse. Can I ride yours?"

“我儿子今晚有事出门,把我的马骑走了。我能骑你的马吗?”

旁白 neutral

John gave me a worried look

约翰忧心忡忡地看了我一眼。

旁白 neutral

" He came at a gallop almost the whole way, sir," he told the doctor

“先生,它几乎是一路飞奔过来的,”他对医生说。

旁白 neutral

" I was going to let him rest before heading back

“我本想让它休息一下再往回走的。

旁白 neutral

But I suppose the squire would want you to take him if there's no other choice."

但我想,如果没有别的选择,老爷也会同意你骑它去的。”

旁白 neutral

Soon the doctor was climbing into the saddle

很快,医生就跨上了马鞍。

旁白 neutral

I don't wish to say too much about our ride back to Birtwick Park

关于我们返回伯特维克庄园的这段路程,我不想多说。

旁白 neutral

The doctor was heavier than John, and not as good a rider

医生比约翰重,骑术也不如他。

旁白 neutral

For those reasons the second eight miles felt much longer than the first

因为这些缘故,这第二个八英里感觉比第一个八英里漫长得多。

旁白 neutral

But I did my very best, galloping as fast as I could for most of the way

但我尽了全力,大部分路程都尽可能快地飞驰。

旁白 neutral

When we came to a steep hill, Dr. White brought me down to a walk

当我们来到一个陡坡时,怀特医生让我放慢脚步,慢慢走。

旁白 neutral

" All right, boy," he said kindly, giving me a pat

“好了,伙计,”他和蔼地说着,轻轻拍了拍我。

旁白 neutral

" Take a breath here before we go on."

“在这里喘口气,我们再继续赶路。”

旁白 neutral

Once we reached the top of the hill, all he had to do was touch my sides with his heels

一到山顶,他只需用脚后跟轻碰一下我的身体两侧。

旁白 neutral

Then I was off again at a run

我就又奔跑起来了。

旁白 neutral

The squire was waiting for us when we got back

我们回来时,老爷已经在等着了。

旁白 neutral

Little Joe stood nearby, yawning and looking sleepy

小乔站在旁边,打着哈欠,一副困倦的样子。

旁白 neutral

The doctor jumped down and hurried into the house with the squire

医生跳下马,和老爷一起匆匆进了屋。

旁白 neutral

But I had no energy to watch them go. I was dead tired

但我已经没有力气看他们离去。我累坏了。

旁白 neutral

" Come on, Black Beauty," Little Joe said as he took me by the bridle

“来吧,黑骏马,”小乔说着,牵住了我的缰绳。

旁白 neutral

" John won't be back for a while since he has to walk the whole way home

“约翰得过一阵子才能回来,因为他得一路走回家。

旁白 neutral

But don't worry, I'll take good care of you."

不过别担心,我会好好照顾你的。”