Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E15 · Episodes

015 坏决定与好决定

坏决定与好决定

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 15 — 坏决定与好决定.

70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I know that Little Joe meant to do his best for me after my exhausting run for the doctor

我知道小乔在我为医生拼命奔跑后是想尽力对我好的。

旁白 neutral

But he hadn't been working at the stable long and didn't know much yet

但他刚在马厩工作不久,还不太懂。

旁白 neutral

When he brought me into my stall, I was dripping with sweat

当他把我带进马厩时,我浑身是汗。

旁白 neutral

He rubbed my legs and chest but didn't put anything over me to keep me warm

他擦了我的腿和胸口,但没有给我盖任何东西保暖。

旁白 neutral

He thought I was so warm already that I wouldn't like it

他以为我已经很暖和了,不会需要。

旁白 neutral

Then he brought me lots of cold water

然后他给我拿来了很多冷水。

旁白 neutral

It tasted good when I was hot, so I gulped it all down

我热的时候喝起来很爽,所以就一口气全喝光了。

旁白 neutral

Little Joe thought I must be hungry after working so hard

小乔觉得我这么辛苦工作后一定饿了。

旁白 neutral

He brought me a bucket of corn

他给我拿来了一桶玉米。

旁白 neutral

Not long after that, I began to tremble and feel very cold

没过多久,我开始发抖,感到非常冷。

旁白 neutral

My legs and chest ached. My stomach felt tight. I was sore all over

我的腿和胸口疼得厉害。胃也揪得紧紧的。我全身都酸痛。

旁白 neutral

Little Joe had left by then

那时小乔已经离开了。

旁白 neutral

I stood there for a long time, wishing I wasn't so cold

我在那儿站了很久,多希望自己没那么冷。

旁白 neutral

Finally I collapsed onto the straw and tried to sleep

最后,我瘫倒在草堆上,试着入睡。

旁白 neutral

I woke up when I heard John at the door

听到约翰在门口的声音时,我醒了过来。

旁白 neutral

He'd finally finished his long walk home and had come to check on me

他终于走完了漫长的路回到家,过来看看我。

旁白 neutral

I let out a moan of distress. John was at my side in an instant

我发出一声痛苦的呻吟。约翰立刻来到了我身边。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Beauty," he exclaimed." What has that stupid boy done?"

"哦,美驹,"他惊叫道。"那个傻孩子都干了些什么?"

旁白 neutral

I couldn't tell him how bad I felt, but he seemed to know

我无法告诉他我有多难受,但他似乎都明白。

旁白 neutral

He grabbed a blanket and draped it over me

他抓起一条毯子,盖在我身上。

旁白 neutral

Then he brought me some warm food

然后他给我拿来一些温热的食物。

旁白 neutral

I felt a little better after I finished it, and I fell asleep

吃完后我感觉好了一点,然后睡着了。

旁白 neutral

The next day I was still very sick

第二天我还是病得很重。

旁白 neutral

I had a fever and couldn't breathe without pain

我发烧了,一呼吸就疼。

旁白 neutral

John stayed by my side, and the squire came to my stall to see me several times

约翰陪在我身边,乡绅也来马厩看了我好几次。

旁白 neutral

" My poor Beauty," he said." You saved your mistress's life, do you know that?

“我可怜的黑骏马,”他说,“你救了女主人的命,你知道吗?

旁白 neutral

If it had taken the doctor any longer to get here, it would have been too late."

要是大夫再晚到一会儿,就来不及了。”

旁白 neutral

" There was no chance of arriving too late with Beauty," John said

“有黑骏马在,根本不可能晚到,”约翰说。

旁白 neutral

" I never saw a horse go so fast! It seemed as if he knew what was wrong!"

“我从没见过哪匹马跑这么快!它好像知道出了什么事!”

旁白 neutral

Of course I knew, even if John didn't realize it

我当然知道,尽管约翰并没有意识到这一点。

旁白 neutral

Maybe I didn't understand everything

也许我并非全然明白一切。

旁白 neutral

But I understood that I had to go fast, and that it was for the sake of the mistress

但我明白我必须跑得飞快,这是为了女主人的缘故。

旁白 neutral

I'm not sure how many days passed while I was sick. The vet came every day

我不确定生病时过了多少天。兽医每天都来。

旁白 neutral

John moved Ginger and Merrylegs into another part of the stable so I wouldn't be disturbed

约翰把金凤和欢蹄移到了马厩的另一边,这样我就不会被打扰。

旁白 neutral

Finally I got better, to everyone's relief

我终于好转了,大家都松了口气。

旁白 neutral

I could tell that Little Joe felt terrible

我看得出小乔感到非常难受。

旁白 neutral

He'd learned his lesson, and he'd never make those mistakes again

他吸取了教训,再也不会犯那些错误了。

旁白 neutral

John stayed angry with Little Joe for a long while

约翰很长一段时间都对小乔很生气。

旁白 neutral

But as time passed and Joe kept trying to learn, John started to trust him again

但随着时间的推移,小乔一直努力学习,约翰开始重新信任他了。

旁白 neutral

One day the squire needed to send a note to a neighboring estate

一天,乡绅需要派人送一封信去邻近的庄园。

旁白 neutral

John was out, so the squire told Little Joe to saddle me

约翰出门了,所以乡绅让小乔给我备鞍。

旁白 neutral

" I know you haven't ridden much," he told Little Joe

“我知道你骑马不多,”他对小乔说。

旁白 neutral

" But Beauty will take care of you. Just ride carefully and you'll be fine."

“但黑骏马会照顾好你的。只要小心骑,你就会没事的。”

旁白 neutral

Little Joe wasn't a skilled rider, but he was gentle and careful

小乔骑术不精,但他很温柔,也很小心。

旁白 neutral

We delivered the note, then started for home

我们送完了信,然后动身回家。

旁白 neutral

On the way we passed a muddy field. A two-horse cart was stuck there

路上我们经过一片泥泞的田地。一辆双马货车陷在了那里。

旁白 neutral

It was piled high with heavy bricks

车上高高地堆满了沉重的砖块。

旁白 neutral

The driver was yelling and whipping his two horses again and again

车夫大声吼叫着,一遍又一遍地抽打着他的两匹马。

旁白 neutral

Little Joe brought me to a halt." Stop beating those horses!" he called

小乔让我停了下来。“别再打那些马了!”他喊道。

旁白 neutral

" They can't move the cart with all those bricks in it

“车里装了那么多砖块,它们拉不动的。

旁白 neutral

The wheels are stuck in the mud!"

轮子都陷在泥里了!”

旁白 neutral

The man ignored him. He lashed the horses once more

那人没理他。再次抽打马匹。

旁白 neutral

" Please stop!" Little Joe cried." I'll help you unload some bricks

“请住手!”小乔喊道。“我来帮你卸下一些砖块。

旁白 neutral

Maybe then they can pull out the cart."

也许那样它们就能把车拉出来了。”

旁白 neutral

" Mind your own business!" the man yelled

“少管闲事!”那人吼道。

旁白 neutral

Little Joe turned me around." Come on, Beauty," he whispered

小乔调转了我的方向。“来吧,黑骏马,”他低声说。

旁白 neutral

" We'd better tell that man's boss what's going on before he kills those horses."

“我们最好在那人害死那些马之前,告诉他的老板这里发生的事。”

旁白 neutral

He kicked me into a gallop

他踢了我一下,让我飞奔起来。

旁白 neutral

We raced to the brickmaker's house, and Little Joe told him what was happening

我们快速赶到制砖匠的家,小乔把发生的事告诉了他。

旁白 neutral

" Thanks for letting me know," the brickmaker said

“谢谢你告诉我,”制砖匠说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll put a stop to it right now."

“我马上去制止这事。”

旁白 neutral

When we got home, John could see that Little Joe looked angry

我们到家时,约翰看得出小乔一脸怒气。

旁白 neutral

He asked what was wrong, and Little Joe told him the whole story

他问出了什么事,小乔就把整个故事告诉了他。

旁白 neutral

" Well done," John said when the boy had finished

“做得好,”男孩说完后,约翰说道。

旁白 neutral

" Many people would have ridden past and not done anything

“很多人可能会骑马经过,什么也不做。

旁白 neutral

But it's everybody's business to put a stop to cruelty when they see it."

但见到残忍之事时,出手制止,是每个人的责任。”

旁白 neutral

Little Joe looked shy and proud of himself at the same time

小乔看起来既有些害羞,又为自己感到骄傲。

旁白 neutral

After that there was something different about him

在那之后,他有些不一样了。

旁白 neutral

John said it was as if the boy had grown an inch taller that day

约翰说,那男孩那天仿佛长高了一英寸。

旁白 neutral

I believe it was true

我相信这是真的。