Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E06 · Episodes

006 欢乐腿的教训

欢乐腿的教训

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 6 — 欢乐腿的教训.

69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The squire's daughters, Jessie and Flora, liked to play with all the children in the neighborhood

乡绅的女儿们,杰茜和弗洛拉,喜欢和附近所有的孩子们一起玩。

旁白 neutral

The other children loved Merrylegs just as much as the girls did

其他孩子们和这两个女孩一样,也都很喜欢欢欢腿。

旁白 neutral

The cheerful gray pony often spent hours giving them all rides in the orchard or up and down the drive

这匹快乐的小灰马常常花上好几个小时,驮着他们在果园里或是沿着车道来回跑。

旁白 neutral

One afternoon he spent an especially long time with them

一天下午,他和他们待了特别长的时间。

旁白 neutral

Finally James led Merrylegs back into the stable

终于,詹姆斯把欢欢腿牵回了马厩。

旁白 neutral

" There you go, you little rascal," the groom said with a chuckle as he pulled off the pony's saddle and bridle

“进去吧,你这个小淘气,”马夫一边轻笑着,一边卸下小马的马鞍和笼头。

旁白 neutral

" You'd better behave yourself better next time

“下次你最好表现得好一点。

旁白 neutral

Otherwise we will both get in deep trouble."

不然我们俩都会有麻烦的。”

旁白 neutral

When the young man had left, I looked into the pony's stall

等那个年轻人离开后,我朝小马的马厩里看了看。

旁白 neutral

" What have you been doing, Merrylegs?" I asked him

“你刚才在做什么,欢欢腿?”我问他。

旁白 neutral

Merrylegs tossed his pretty little head." Nothing much," he said

欢欢甩了甩它那漂亮的小脑袋,“没什么大事,”它说。

旁白 neutral

" Just teaching some young humans a lesson, that's all."

“就是给几个小家伙上了一课,如此而已。”

旁白 neutral

Ginger looked up from the rack where she stood eating hay

金吉尔正在草架前吃着干草,闻声抬起了头。

旁白 neutral

" What do you mean?" she asked

“你这是什么意思?”它问道。

旁白 neutral

" They couldn't tell when I'd had enough," he said

“他们不知道我什么时候玩够了,”它说。

旁白 neutral

So I tossed them off backward

所以我就把他们向后掀下去了。

旁白 neutral

That was the only way to make them understand."

那是让他们明白的唯一办法。”

旁白 neutral

" What?" I cried." Are you saying you threw off Miss Jessie or Miss Flora?"

“什么?”我叫了起来,“你是说你把杰西小姐或者弗洛拉小姐给掀下去了?”

旁白 neutral

" Of course not!" Merrylegs looked offended." I would never do that

“当然不是!”欢欢看上去像被冒犯了,“我绝不会那么做。

旁白 neutral

I take better care of those young ladies than their own parents do!

我照顾那两位小姐,比她们自己的父母还要上心呢!

旁白 neutral

And I'm always patient with the smaller children, no matter how much they squeal or bounce on my back

而且我对小孩子们总是很有耐心,不管他们在我背上怎么尖叫或者蹦蹦跳跳。

旁白 neutral

I'm the one who teaches them all to ride."

是我教会他们所有人骑马的。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, that's what everyone says," I said

“是的,大家都这么说,”我说道。

旁白 neutral

" It was the older boys who needed the lesson this time," Merrylegs went on

“这次需要被教训的是那些大男孩,”欢欢继续说道。

旁白 neutral

" In case you don't know, boys need to be trained as much as we horses do when we're colts

“你可能不知道,男孩们也需要被管教,就像我们还是小马驹时需要训练一样。

旁白 neutral

They need to be taught what's right."

他们需要有人教他们什么是对的。”

旁白 neutral

" I see," I said." But what happened?"

“我明白了,”我说道。“但是发生了什么事?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm trying to tell you!" Merrylegs tossed his head again

“我这不正要说嘛!”欢欢又甩了甩头。

旁白 neutral

" The other children rode me for a couple of hours, as usual

“其他孩子们像往常一样骑了我几个小时。

旁白 neutral

Finally the older boys decided it was their turn

最后,那几个大男孩觉得轮到他们了。

旁白 neutral

" At first I had no problem with that

“起初我对此并不介意。

旁白 neutral

I carried them around one at a time, galloping through the fields and orchard just as they wished

我一次驮一个,按他们的意愿在田野和果园里飞奔。

旁白 neutral

This went on for at least another hour."

这样又持续了至少一个小时。”

旁白 neutral

" You must have been tired by then," Ginger said

“那时候你一定很累了吧,”金儿说。

旁白 neutral

" A little," Merrylegs said." But I know my job

“有一点,”欢欢说,“但我知道自己的职责。

旁白 neutral

And I was happy to do it, even though the boys had made a whip out of a large twig they found

而且我也乐意这么做,尽管那些男孩用他们捡到的大树枝做了一根鞭子。

旁白 neutral

They used it a bit too much, but I put up with it for a while

他们用得有点过分了,但我还是忍着了一会儿。

旁白 neutral

They ran me around and around as fast as I could go, whipping me all the way

他们让我一圈又一圈地跑,跑得要多快有多快,一路上还用鞭子抽我。

旁白 neutral

" Finally, though, I decided I'd had enough

“不过到最后,我觉得我受够了。

旁白 neutral

So I stopped a few times to give them the hint

所以我停下了几次,想给他们点提示。

旁白 neutral

But all they did was whip me even more!"

但他们反而抽打得更厉害了!”

旁白 neutral

" Oh dear!" I said

“哦,天哪!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Those silly boys never stopped to think that a pony can get tired, or have any feelings at all," Merrylegs said

“那些傻男孩从不停下来想想,小马也会累,也根本是有感情的,”欢欢说。

旁白 neutral

" They treated me like an old bicycle

“他们对我就像对一辆旧自行车。

旁白 neutral

Finally I decided it was time to help them understand it was wrong

最后我决定,是时候帮他们明白那样做是错的了。

旁白 neutral

So I stood up on my hind legs just enough to tip my rider off over my hind end. That's all."

于是我用后腿立起来,刚刚好把我背上的人从后面颠了下去。就这样。”

旁白 neutral

" Did they understand then?" I asked

“那他们明白了吗?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Not at first," Merrylegs said calmly

“一开始没有,”欢欢平静地说。

旁白 neutral

" I had to tip each of the boys off a few more times

“我不得不把每个男孩又多颠下去几次。

旁白 neutral

But finally they began to catch on

但最后他们开始懂了。

旁白 neutral

And when they brought me to James and complained, he was annoyed to see their homemade whip

当他们把我带到詹姆斯面前抱怨时,他看到他们自制的鞭子很生气。

旁白 neutral

He said they didn't need anything like that to ride me."

他说他们要骑我,根本不需要那种东西。”

旁白 neutral

Ginger tossed her head

金儿猛地扬了扬头。

旁白 neutral

" If they'd tried any of that with me, I would have given them a good kick."

“要是他们对我来这套,我会狠狠给他们一蹄子。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm sure you would have," Merrylegs said

“我相信你会的,”欢欢说。

旁白 neutral

" But that's because you've never been in a place that treated you kindly until now

“但这是因为你直到现在才待在一个善待你的地方。

旁白 neutral

Anyway, I'm not like you

不管怎样,我和你不一样。

旁白 neutral

That's why the squire trusts me so completely with the little girls

这就是为什么乡绅那么放心把小姑娘们交给我。

旁白 neutral

The other parents trust me too. They know I would never hurt their children

其他父母也信任我。他们知道我绝不会伤害他们的孩子。

旁白 neutral

Besides, those boys are not bad boys. They don't mean to be cruel

而且,那些男孩不是坏孩子。他们并非存心残忍。

旁白 neutral

They only needed a lesson, that's all."

他们只是需要个教训,仅此而已。”

旁白 neutral

" I suppose it's your job to teach them," I said thoughtfully

“我想教他们是你的职责吧,”我若有所思地说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, it is," Merrylegs agreed." And I want to do a good job

“是的,没错,”欢欢赞同道。“而且我想做好这份工。

旁白 neutral

The people here have treated me kindly for the past five years, and I would never do anything to make them angry

过去五年这里的人都待我很好,我绝不会做任何让他们生气的事。

旁白 neutral

If I suddenly started kicking children for acting like children, where would I be?

要是我因为孩子表现得像孩子就突然开始踢他们,我会落得什么下场?

旁白 neutral

Sold off in a hurry, that's where! And none of us want that."

被匆匆卖掉,就是那样!我们谁都不想那样。”

旁白 neutral

I supposed that Merrylegs was right about that

我想欢欢在这一点上是对的。

旁白 neutral

None of us wanted to be sold to another owner

我们谁都不想被卖给别的马主。

旁白 neutral

We were all happy at Birtwick Park — even Ginger — and hoped that we could stay there forever

我们在伯特威克庄园都很快乐——连金儿也是——都希望能永远待在那里。