Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E05 · Episodes

005 金妮的故事

金妮的故事

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 5 — 金妮的故事.

70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

As I've said, Ginger wasn't terribly friendly toward me at first

就像我说过的,金吉儿起初对我并不怎么友好。

旁白 neutral

But the longer we worked together, the better we got along

但在一起干活的时间越长,我们相处得就越融洽。

旁白 neutral

One warm afternoon we were out in the orchard

一个温暖的午后,我们来到外面的果园里。

旁白 neutral

Ginger and I stood under the big chestnut tree while the other horses grazed

金吉儿和我站在那棵大栗子树下,其他马儿在吃草。

旁白 neutral

I told her about my life before coming to Birtwick Park

我跟她讲了我来伯特维克庄园之前的生活。

旁白 neutral

" You're lucky," she said when I finished

“你真幸运,” 我说完后,她说道。

旁白 neutral

" If I'd grown up with your Farmer Grey, I might have a good temper too

“要是我也是在你那位农夫格雷身边长大的,或许我也能有个好脾气。

旁白 neutral

But I'm afraid it's too late for me."

但恐怕对我来说已经太晚了。”

旁白 neutral

" What do you mean?" I asked

“你这话是什么意思?” 我问道。

旁白 neutral

" My life has been very different from yours," she said

“我的生活和你大不一样,” 她说。

旁白 neutral

" Before coming here, no one was ever kind to me

“来这里之前,从没有人对我好过。

旁白 neutral

I was taken from my mother as early as possible and put in with several other young horses

我很小的时候就被从妈妈身边带走,和几匹小马关在一起。

旁白 neutral

We had food and shelter, but that was all

我们有吃的有住的地方,但也仅此而已。

旁白 neutral

There were no kind words or pats like you had."

从没有像你得到过的那种亲切话语或轻拍。”

旁白 neutral

" That's too bad," I said, feeling sorry for her

“那太糟了。”我说着,觉得她怪可怜的。

旁白 neutral

" Yes. And you just told me that your master chased away a boy who threw rocks at you," she said

“是啊。你刚才还告诉我,你的主人赶走了一个朝你扔石头的男孩,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, a whole group of boys used to throw things at us to make us run

“唉,以前有一大群男孩总朝我们扔东西,撵着我们跑。

旁白 neutral

And if my master ever noticed, he didn't seem to care

就算我的主人看见了,也好像毫不在意。

旁白 neutral

One colt even got hit in the face. The poor horse probably still has a scar."

有匹小马甚至被砸中了脸。那可怜的马可能现在还有疤呢。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh no," I said softly

“哦,不。”我轻声说道。

旁白 neutral

" At least you had a pasture to play in," I added a moment later, looking around the orchard

“至少你还有牧场可以玩耍,”过了一会儿,我环顾着果园补充道。

旁白 neutral

" That must have been nice."

“那一定很美好。”

旁白 neutral

" I suppose so," Ginger said

“我想是吧,”金吉儿说。

旁白 neutral

" But when it was time for my training, things got much worse."

“但到了我受训的时候,情况变得糟糕多了。”

旁白 neutral

" Do you mean when you had to wear a bit?" I asked

“你是说你得戴上嚼子的时候吗?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" It took me a while to get used to that."

“我花了好一阵子才习惯那个。”

旁白 neutral

She swished her tail

她甩了甩尾巴。

旁白 neutral

" I mean all of it

“我指的是那全部过程。

旁白 neutral

When the men came to catch me in the field, they were in a hurry

那些人到田野里来抓我的时候,他们急匆匆的。

旁白 neutral

They chased me into a corner, then one of them grabbed my mane and another grabbed my nose

他们把我追赶到一个角落,然后一个人揪住我的鬃毛,另一个人揪住我的鼻子。

旁白 neutral

They held me still while a third man put on my halter

他们按住我,让我一动不能动,第三个人就给我套上了笼头。

旁白 neutral

Then they all dragged me off to the stable, hitting me when I didn't go fast enough."

然后,他们一起把我连拖带拽地拉进马厩,我走得不够快,他们就打我。"

旁白 neutral

There was more to Ginger's story

金吉儿的故事还远不止这些。

旁白 neutral

She explained how she had been shut up in a stall day after day

她解释说自己曾日复一日地被关在一个小隔间里。

旁白 neutral

The men had handled her roughly while training her

训练她时,那些男人们手法粗暴。

旁白 neutral

They never let her understand what they wanted before forcing her to do things

他们从不让她先弄明白他们的意图,就强迫她去做事。

旁白 neutral

Often they made her run around at the end of a long rope until she was completely exhausted

他们经常让她被拴在长绳末端,绕着圈跑,直到她精疲力竭。

旁白 neutral

When she didn't behave perfectly while being ridden, they put a painful, new bit in her mouth

当她被骑乘时表现不佳,他们就会给她戴上一种很疼的新衔铁。

旁白 neutral

" What a terrible way to get trained," I said

"多么可怕的训练方式啊,"我说道。

旁白 neutral

Ginger snorted in agreement

金吉儿哼了一声,表示同意。

旁白 neutral

Things didn't get any better once her training was finished

训练结束后,情况并没好转。

旁白 neutral

Her first master sold her to a horse dealer

她的第一个主人把她卖给了一个马贩子。

旁白 neutral

" The dealer wanted me to match another chestnut horse," she said

“马贩子想让我和另一匹栗色马配成对,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" He drove us together for a while, and then sold us to a rich gentleman in London

“他让我们一起拉车跑了一阵子,然后就把我们卖给了伦敦的一位有钱绅士。

旁白 neutral

Our new owner liked to drive with a very tight checkrein."

我们的新主人喜欢用很紧的紧缰绳拉车。”

旁白 neutral

" What's a checkrein?" I asked

“紧缰绳是什么?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" You're lucky not to know," Ginger said

“你不知道是你的福气,”金吉儿说。

旁白 neutral

" It's an extra rein that forces a horse to hold her head up very high

“它是一根额外的缰绳,逼着马把头高高地抬起来。

旁白 neutral

I like to toss my head and hold it high, but it's tiring to be forced to do it."

我喜欢甩头,也喜欢把头抬高,但被逼着这样做可就累人了。”

旁白 neutral

I didn't really understand what she meant. But it sounded very unpleasant

我并不真明白她的意思,但听起来让人很不舒服。

旁白 neutral

I stayed quiet as she continued her story

她继续讲她的经历,我静静听着。

旁白 neutral

" My new master used a harsh bit as well," she said

“我的新主人还用了一种很严厉的嚼子,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" And we often had to stand for hours waiting for the mistress outside a party

“而且我们常常得在聚会场所外面站上好几个小时等候女主人。

旁白 neutral

If I dared to stamp my hooves or move, the coachman whipped me."

我要是敢跺一下蹄子或是动一下,车夫就用鞭子抽我。”

旁白 neutral

" How terrible!" I exclaimed

“太可怕了!”我惊叫道。

旁白 neutral

" Soon I began to kick or bite whenever anyone came to harness me

“很快,每次有人来给我套马具时,我就开始又踢又咬。

旁白 neutral

I was miserable and sore all the time. One day I couldn't take any more

我一直都很痛苦、浑身酸痛。有一天我实在受不了了。

旁白 neutral

When they hitched me, I started to jump and kick

他们套好我时,我就开始又跳又踢。

旁白 neutral

I soon broke free, and that was the end of that place."

我很快就挣脱了,那个地方的日子也就结束了。”

旁白 neutral

" Is that when you came here?" I asked

“你就是那时候来这儿的吗?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" No. I was sold to a different gentleman whose groom was impatient and cruel

“不是。我被卖给另一位绅士,他的马夫又急躁又残忍。

旁白 neutral

If I didn't do as he ordered right away, he hit me with a broom or whatever else was handy

要是我不马上照他吩咐的做,他就用扫帚或手边随便什么东西打我。

旁白 neutral

One day I bit him. Soon after that I was sold again, and ended up here."

有一天我咬了他。不久我就又被卖了,最后到了这里。”

旁白 neutral

It was a very sad tale

这真是段非常悲伤的经历。

旁白 neutral

When she was finished telling me about her past, we just stood there for a while, watching the other horses

她讲完自己的过去后,我们就在那儿站了一会儿,看着其他的马。

旁白 neutral

But the longer we all lived at Birtwick Park, the calmer and more relaxed Ginger became

不过,我们在伯特威克庄园住得越久,金吉儿就变得越平静、越放松。

旁白 neutral

The men noticed it too

马夫们也注意到了这点。

旁白 neutral

" That horse is getting much better," James said one day after Ginger let him rub her forehead

“那匹马变得好多了,”一天,金吉儿让詹姆斯摸了摸她的额头后,詹姆斯说道。

旁白 neutral

" She'll be as good as Black Beauty soon," John agreed

“她很快就能和黑骏马一样好了,”约翰表示同意。

旁白 neutral

" Kindness is all she wanted after all."

“说到底,她想要的只是善待。”