Level 7 · 安妮
🎬

E40 · Episodes

040 毕业与求婚

毕业与求婚

Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 40 — 毕业与求婚.

75 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It was nearly summer and the weather was much warmer, but nobody at Patty's Place was smiling

夏天快到了,天气暖和多了,但帕蒂小屋里却没有人面露笑容。

旁白 neutral

It was exam time, and ahead were their final exams for the year and possibly their last exams ever!

考试时间到了,前面是她们今年的期末考试,也可能是她们一生中最后的考试!

旁白 neutral

If they passed, Phil, Stella, Anne, and Priscilla would all be graduates of Redmond College and all holders of Bachelor of Arts degrees

如果通过考试,菲尔、斯特拉、安妮和普丽西拉都将成为雷德蒙德学院的毕业生,并获得文学学士学位。

旁白 neutral

" I wish I were dead, or that it was tomorrow night," groaned Phil

“我真希望自己死了,或者现在就是明天晚上就好了,”菲尔呻吟道。

旁白 neutral

" If you live long enough, both wishes will come true," said Anne calmly

“如果你活得够久,这两个愿望都会实现,”安妮平静地说。

旁白 neutral

" It's easy for you to be calm," said Phil." You can do philosophy

“你当然可以平静了,”菲尔说,“你能应付哲学考试。

旁白 neutral

I can't! And when I think of that horrible exam tomorrow, I get so nervous."

我可不行!一想到明天那可怕的考试,我就紧张得要命。”

旁白 neutral

" You won't fail. How did you do in your Greek exam today?" Anne asked

“你不会不及格的。你今天的希腊语考试考得怎么样?”安妮问道。

旁白 neutral

" I have no idea! I've studied so much I can't think anymore!" said Phil

“我不知道!我学得太多了,脑子都不转了!”菲尔说。

旁白 neutral

The busy days flew by, and when the examinations were over, Anne got first-class honors in English

忙碌的日子飞逝而去,考试结束后,安妮获得了英语一级荣誉,

旁白 neutral

Priscilla got honors in classics, and Phil got honors in math

普丽西拉获得了古典文学优等,菲尔获得了数学优等。

旁白 neutral

On graduation day Marilla proudly attended the ceremony in Halifax

毕业典礼那天,玛丽拉自豪地出席了在哈利法克斯举行的仪式。

旁白 neutral

After Marilla left, Anne went home to Patty's Place to begin packing

玛丽拉离开后,安妮回到帕蒂小屋的家开始收拾行李。

旁白 neutral

" Just imagine, in one week, I'll be in Avonlea!

"想象一下,一周后我就到埃文利了!

旁白 neutral

How delightful!" thought Anne, bending over the box in which she was packing her clothes and belongings

多令人高兴啊!"安妮一边想,一边俯身在她装衣物和东西的箱子上。

旁白 neutral

" But imagine, in one week, I'll be gone forever from Patty's Place. How horrible!"

"但再想象一下,一周后我将永远离开帕蒂小屋了。多可怕啊!"

旁白 neutral

Actually, Anne wasn't sure what the future held for her

其实,安妮并不确定等待着她的是什么未来。

旁白 neutral

If Roy proposed to her, everything would change, and he would definitely propose to her soon

如果罗伊向她求婚,一切都会不同了,而他肯定很快就会向她求婚。

旁白 neutral

Anne felt that she was truly in love with Roy

安妮觉得她真的爱上了罗伊。

旁白 neutral

It was not exactly as she had imagined love to be, she admitted to herself, but Roy was a good man, and they would be happy together

她暗自承认,这并不完全像她想象中爱情的样子,但罗伊是个好人,他们在一起会幸福的。

旁白 neutral

" Is anything in life really the way you imagine it to be?" wondered Anne

“生活中真有事情能完全符合想象吗?”安妮思忖着。

旁白 neutral

That evening, when Roy came to Patty's Place and asked Anne to go for a walk in the park, everyone at Patty's Place knew why

那天晚上,罗伊来到帕蒂小屋,邀请安妮去公园散步时,小屋里所有人都心知肚明。

旁白 neutral

And they thought they knew what Anne's answer would be." Anne's a lucky girl," said Phil

她们自认为知道安妮会如何回答。“安妮真是个幸运的女孩,”菲尔说。

旁白 neutral

" I suppose so," said Stella, shrugging her shoulders

“大概吧,”斯特拉耸耸肩说。

旁白 neutral

" Roy is a nice fellow, but there doesn't seem to be too much in him."

“罗伊人不错,但好像没什么内涵。”

旁白 neutral

" Stella! Why do you say that?" demanded Phil

“斯特拉!你怎么这么说?”菲尔追问。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not being nasty; it's just that I worry Anne may end up unhappy," Stella explained

“我不是刻薄,只是担心安妮最终会不幸福,”斯特拉解释道。

旁白 neutral

Under an old oak tree in the park — a very romantic spot — Roy asked Anne to marry him

在公园一棵很浪漫的老橡树下,罗伊向安妮求婚了。

旁白 neutral

His proposal was perfectly worded, as if he had copied it from a book, but it was also heartfelt and sincere

他的求婚词措辞完美,仿佛是从书上抄下来似的,但也发自内心、情真意切。

旁白 neutral

Anne felt that she ought to be thrilled from head to foot

安妮觉得自己理应从头顶激动到脚底。

旁白 neutral

But she wasn't; she just felt numb

但她并没有;她只是感到麻木。

旁白 neutral

Anne opened her mouth to say " yes," and then, suddenly, found herself trembling

安妮张嘴想说"好的",可突然间,她发现自己颤抖起来。

旁白 neutral

She felt as if she were looking over a cliff, and then she had a moment of revelation

她感觉仿佛站在悬崖边上,随即有了一瞬间的醒悟。

旁白 neutral

Quickly, she pulled her hand from Roy's

她迅速从罗伊手中抽回了自己的手。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Roy, I can't marry you... I can't... I can't," Anne cried

"哦,罗伊,我不能嫁给你……我不能……我不能,"安妮哭喊道。

旁白 neutral

Roy turned pale." What do you mean?"

罗伊脸色变得苍白。"你是什么意思?"

旁白 neutral

" I thought I could marry you, but I can't," said Anne desperately

"我以为我能嫁给你,但我不能,"安妮绝望地说。

旁白 neutral

" Why can't you?" Roy asked more calmly

"为什么不能?"罗伊更加平静地问。

旁白 neutral

" Because..." said Anne," I don't care enough for you."

"因为……"安妮说,"我对你爱得不够深。"

旁白 neutral

Roy's face changed." So you've just been amusing yourself with my affections this past year?" he asked slowly

罗伊的脸色变了。"所以过去这一年,你只是在拿我的感情寻开心吗?"他缓缓问道。

旁白 neutral

" No, no, I haven't," gasped Anne. Oh, how could she explain? She couldn't explain

“不,不,我没有,”安妮喘着气说。哦,她该如何解释?她无法解释。

旁白 neutral

" Forgive me, Roy," Anne pleaded." I did think I cared. Really, I did

“原谅我,罗伊,”安妮恳求道。“我真的以为我在乎你。真的,我是这么想的。

旁白 neutral

But I know now that I don't." She looked at the ground

但我现在知道,我并不在乎。”她低头看着地面。

旁白 neutral

" You are not the woman I thought you were," said Roy angrily, and then with a bitter tone," You are the only woman I can ever love

“你不是我想象的那种女人,”罗伊生气地说,接着带着苦涩的语调道:“你是我唯一会永远爱着的女人。

旁白 neutral

You've ruined my life. Good-bye, Anne." He stormed off

你毁了我的人生。再见,安妮。”他气冲冲地离开了。

旁白 neutral

" Good... bye," Anne stammered too quietly for him to hear

“再......见,”安妮结结巴巴地说,声音轻得他听不见。

旁白 neutral

She sat in the park, feeling drenched in shame and contempt

她坐在公园里,感觉自己浸透在羞耻和轻蔑之中。

旁白 neutral

Anne slipped into Patty's Place and ran to her room

安妮悄悄溜进帕蒂小屋,跑向自己的房间。

旁白 neutral

" I hope that no one will ever again ask me to get married as long as I live," she sobbed

“我希望只要我活着,再也不会有人向我求婚了,”她啜泣道。

旁白 neutral

Phil heard her crying and came in

菲尔听见她的哭声,走了进来。

旁白 neutral

" Phil," said Anne," Roy asked me to marry him─and I refused."

“菲尔,”安妮说,“罗伊向我求婚了──我拒绝了。”

旁白 neutral

Her face was red with tears and shame

她哭得满脸通红,羞愧难当。

旁白 neutral

" You... you refused Roy?" said Phil blankly." Are you crazy?"

“你……你拒绝了罗伊?”菲尔茫然地说,“你疯了吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Phil, don't scold me," Anne pleaded

“哦,菲尔,别骂我。”安妮恳求道。

旁白 neutral

" I honestly thought I cared, but at the last minute I realized I couldn't do it."

“我真心以为我在乎的,但到了最后一刻,我意识到我做不到。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, Anne, I think you've treated Roy badly

“唉,安妮,我觉得你对罗伊太不好了。

旁白 neutral

You've been seeing him for a whole year!" said Phil in exasperation

你跟他都来往整整一年了!”菲尔恼怒地说。

旁白 neutral

Anne nodded, embarrassed, and started to cry again

安妮尴尬地点点头,又开始哭起来。

旁白 neutral

The two stayed up talking until they both felt better

两人聊到很晚,直到都好受一些。

旁白 neutral

The next day all the friends at Patty's Place said tearful good-byes

第二天,帕蒂小屋的朋友们都含泪道别。

旁白 neutral

Priscilla and Stella were glad that Anne had not accepted Roy's proposal and told her so. Anne felt slightly better

普莉西拉和斯特拉为安妮没接受罗伊的求婚感到高兴,并这样告诉了她。安妮感觉稍稍好了一点。

旁白 neutral

All the girls hugged each other, made promises to see each other again as soon as possible, and caught the train or ferry to their respective homes

所有的女孩都互相拥抱,承诺尽快再见面,然后搭火车或渡轮回了各自的家。

旁白 neutral

When Anne returned to Green Gables the next day, everything was as it had always been

第二天安妮回到绿山墙时,一切还是原来的样子。

旁白 neutral

At dinner Marilla, Mrs. Lynde, Davy, and Dora caught up on all of Anne's life and filled Anne in on what had happened in Avonlea

晚饭时,玛丽拉、林德太太、达维和多拉问了安妮生活的方方面面,也把埃文利发生的事情告诉了安妮。

旁白 neutral

They talked about who had gotten married, how the weather had been, and how the spring harvest had turned out

他们聊了谁结了婚,天气怎么样,春收情况如何。

旁白 neutral

There was a short silence, and suddenly Davy remarked," Hey, Anne, did you know Gilbert Blythe is dying?"

短暂的沉默后,达维突然说道:“嘿,安妮,你知道吗,吉尔伯特·布莱斯快死了?”

旁白 neutral

" Davy, hold your tongue!" said Mrs. Lynde angrily

“达维,住嘴!”林德太太生气地说。

旁白 neutral

" Anne, don't look like that! We didn't mean to tell you so suddenly."

“安妮,别那样!我们没想这么突然地告诉你。”

旁白 neutral

" Is... it... true?" asked Anne in a voice that was not hers

“这……是……真的?”安妮问,声音听起来不像她自己的。

旁白 neutral

Her face was so white that Marilla feared Anne was going to faint

她的脸色惨白,玛丽拉担心安妮要晕倒了。

旁白 neutral

" Gilbert is very ill," said Mrs. Lynde gravely

“吉尔伯特病得很重。”林德太太严肃地说。

旁白 neutral

" He caught typhoid fever just after he arrived. It doesn't look good."

“他刚到就染上了伤寒。情况看起来不妙。”

旁白 neutral

Anne walked blindly across the kitchen, through the hall, and up the stairs to her old room

安妮茫然地穿过厨房,走过门厅,上楼回到她原来的房间。

旁白 neutral

At its window she knelt down, staring ahead without seeing

她在窗边跪下,目光空洞地望着前方。

旁白 neutral

The sky was very dark. Rain was beating down on the shivering fields. And Gilbert was dying..

天色非常阴沉。雨水抽打着颤抖的田野。而吉尔伯特正在死去……