E38 · Episodes
038 吉尔伯特表白
吉尔伯特表白
Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 38 — 吉尔伯特表白.
73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Anne and Gilbert were sitting under an apple tree in the orchard behind Patty's Place
安妮和吉尔伯特坐在帕蒂家后面果园里的一棵苹果树下。
旁白 neutral
Anne looked as if she were going to cry. Gilbert's face was downcast, as he waited for her to speak
安妮看上去快要哭了。吉尔伯特垂头丧气,等着她开口。
旁白 neutral
" I... can't be your wife," said Anne miserably
“我……不能做你的妻子,”安妮痛苦地说。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, Gilbert... you... you've spoiled everything!" She dared not look at him
“哦,吉尔伯特……你……你把一切都毁了!”她不敢看他。
旁白 neutral
" Don't you care for me at all?" Gilbert asked after a long pause
“你一点都不在乎我吗?”沉默了许久之后,吉尔伯特问道。
旁白 neutral
" No, not in that way," Anne said in a low tone
“不,不是那种在乎,”安妮低声说。
旁白 neutral
" I do care a great deal for you as a friend, but I don't love you, Gilbert."
“作为朋友,我非常在乎你,但我不爱你,吉尔伯特。”
旁白 neutral
" But can't you give me some hope that you will... one day?" Gilbert asked
“但你能不能给我一点希望,也许有一天你会……”吉尔伯特问道。
旁白 neutral
" No, I can't," said Anne desperately." I can never, never love you in that way, Gilbert
“不,我不能,”安妮绝望地说。“我永远、永远都不会那样爱你,吉尔伯特。
旁白 neutral
I'm so sorry. Please don't speak about this again." Gilbert's face was pale
我非常抱歉。请别再提这件事了。”吉尔伯特的脸色苍白。
旁白 neutral
Anne shuddered and looked away. There was nothing romantic about this proposal
安妮颤抖着,移开了视线。这场求婚毫无浪漫可言。
旁白 neutral
Would she ever forget the crushed look on Gilbert's face?
她永远也忘不了吉尔伯特脸上那沮丧的神情吧?
旁白 neutral
" Is there anybody else?" Gilbert asked at last
“你心里有别人了吗?”吉尔伯特终于问道。
旁白 neutral
" No," said Anne quickly." I don't care for anyone like that — and I like you better than anybody else in the world
“没有,”安妮飞快地说。“我对谁都没有那种感觉——而且我喜欢你胜过世上任何人。
旁白 neutral
We must keep on being friends. I love being friends with you, Gilbert!"
我们必须继续做朋友。吉尔伯特,我真的很喜欢和你做朋友!”
旁白 neutral
Gilbert gave a small bitter laugh
吉尔伯特发出了一声小小的苦笑。
旁白 neutral
" Friends! Your friendship can't satisfy me, Anne. I want your love," Gilbert said firmly
“朋友!你的友情无法让我满足,安妮。我想要的是你的爱。”吉尔伯特坚定地说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm sorry. Forgive me, Gilbert," was all Anne could say
“对不起,原谅我,吉尔伯特。”安妮只能说出这句话。
旁白 neutral
" There isn't anything to forgive," he said quietly
“没有什么需要原谅的。”他轻声说道。
旁白 neutral
" There have been times when I thought you did love me
“曾经有好几次,我以为你确实是爱我的。
旁白 neutral
I guess I've deceived myself, that's all. Good-bye, Anne."
我想是我自己骗了自己,仅此而已。再见,安妮。”
旁白 neutral
Gilbert walked slowly away, leaving Anne sitting in the orchard alone
吉尔伯特慢慢地走了,留下安妮独自坐在果园里。
旁白 neutral
As soon as Gilbert was out of sight, Anne ran inside, to her room, and lay on her bed, crying bitterly
吉尔伯特一消失在视线中,安妮就跑进屋里,回到自己的房间,趴在床上,伤心地哭了起来。
旁白 neutral
She felt as if something very precious had gone out of her life
她觉得好像生命中某种非常珍贵的东西消失了。
旁白 neutral
It was Gilbert's friendship, of course. Phil heard Anne's sobs and came in quickly
当然是和吉尔伯特的友谊。菲尔听到了安妮的哭声,很快走了进来。
旁白 neutral
" What's the matter, sweetie?" asked Phil
“怎么了,亲爱的?”菲尔问道。
旁白 neutral
Anne did not answer. She wished Phil were a thousand miles away
安妮没有回答。她真希望菲尔远在千里之外。
旁白 neutral
" I suppose you've gone and refused Gilbert Blythe!" Phil exclaimed." You are an idiot, Anne Shirley!"
“我猜你肯定是拒绝了吉尔伯特·布莱斯!”菲尔喊道。“你真是个傻瓜,安妮·雪莉!”
旁白 neutral
" Is it idiotic to refuse to marry a man I don't love?" asked Anne coldly
“拒绝嫁给一个我不爱的男人,就是傻吗?”安妮冷冷地问。
旁白 neutral
" You don't know love when you see it," Phil insisted
“你看见了爱,却认不出来。”菲尔坚持说道。
旁白 neutral
" You think love is a storybook romance with a mysterious handsome stranger!"
你认为爱情就是童话故事,要有一个神秘英俊的陌生人!
旁白 neutral
" Phil," pleaded Anne," please leave me alone
“菲尔,”安妮恳求道,“请让我一个人待着。
旁白 neutral
My world has fallen apart. I want to rebuild it."
我的世界崩塌了。我想重建它。”
旁白 neutral
" You may have to do that without Gilbert in it now," said Phil, going out the door
“你可能不得不在没有吉尔伯特的情况下重建它了,”菲尔说着走出了门。
旁白 neutral
A world without any Gilbert in it! Anne couldn't consider it
一个完全没有吉尔伯特的世界!安妮无法想象。
旁白 neutral
Well, it was all Gilbert's fault! He had spoiled their friendship, Anne decided
好吧,这全是吉尔伯特的错!他毁掉了他们的友谊,安妮断定。
旁白 neutral
She would just learn to live without it
她只能学会在没有这段友谊的情况下生活。
旁白 neutral
The next day was a Saturday, and Phil insisted that Anne accompany her on a quick visit to Bolingbroke
第二天是周六,菲尔坚持要安妮陪她去波林布洛克走一趟短途旅行,
旁白 neutral
which was Phil's hometown and the town where Anne was born
那儿是菲尔的老家,也是安妮出生的地方。
旁白 neutral
Phil knew that Anne was badly shaken by Gilbert's proposal and hoped that the distraction of a weekend trip would make her feel better
菲尔知道安妮被吉尔伯特的求婚深深打击了,希望周末外出散心能让她感觉好一些。
旁白 neutral
Anne enjoyed the dances, picnics, and dinners during her stay at Phil's lively family home, except in the moments when she thought about Gilbert
安妮住在菲尔热闹的家里时,很享受那些舞会、野餐和晚餐,只是想起吉尔伯特的时候除外。
旁白 neutral
The happiest part of the weekend, though, was Anne's visit to her birthplace
不过,这个周末最快乐的部分,是安妮去探访了自己的出生地。
旁白 neutral
In an out-of-the-way street, she saw the rundown little yellow house that she had so often dreamed about. Anne's eyes were filled with delight
在一条偏僻的街道上,她看到了那栋她经常梦到的破旧小黄房子。安妮的眼里充满了喜悦。
旁白 neutral
She and Phil opened the gate, walked down the little path, and knocked on the front door
她和菲尔打开大门,沿着小径走进去,敲了敲前门。
旁白 neutral
A very tall, thin, old lady answered
一位很高很瘦的老太太来应门。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, the Shirleys lived here twenty years ago," she said in answer to Anne's question
“是的,雪莉一家二十年前住在这里,”她回答安妮的问题说。
旁白 neutral
" They rented the house when I used to live down the street
“他们租这房子的时候,我还住在街那一头。
旁白 neutral
I remember them. They both died of fever at once
我记得他们。他俩同时得热病死了。
旁白 neutral
It was terribly sad because they left a baby; I guess it died long ago. It was a sickly thing."
“真是惨极了,因为他们还留下个婴儿;我猜那孩子早就死了。那婴儿体弱多病的。”
旁白 neutral
" It didn't die," said Anne, smiling." I was that baby."
“那孩子没死,”安妮微笑着说,“我就是那个婴儿。”
旁白 neutral
" Really? I don't believe it! Why, you've grown," exclaimed the woman, as if she were surprised that Anne was not still a baby
“真的吗?真不敢相信!哎呀,你都长这么大了,”老妇人惊呼,好像很惊讶安妮居然不是个小婴儿了。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, yes," she continued." I see the resemblance now
“哦,对,”她继续说,“我现在看出你像谁了。
旁白 neutral
Your father had red hair, but your eyes and your nose are like your mother's. They were both lovely people."
你父亲有一头红发,但你的眼睛和鼻子像你母亲。他们两个都是非常好的人。”
旁白 neutral
" Could I have a look inside the house?" asked Anne eagerly
“我能进屋里看看吗?”安妮急切地问。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, you can look around if you like," the old woman said." It won't take long."
“可以,你想看就看看吧,”老妇人说,“用不了多长时间。”
旁白 neutral
Anne went up the narrow stairs and into the little bedroom
安妮走上狭窄的楼梯,进到那间小卧室里。
旁白 neutral
So this was the room where she had been born... and where her mother had later died
原来这就是她出生的房间……也是后来她母亲去世的地方。
旁白 neutral
Anne looked about her reverently; her eyes filled with tears
安妮满怀敬意地环顾四周,眼中噙满了泪水。
旁白 neutral
Anne went back downstairs, and the old lady met her in the hall. She held out a dusty little packet tied with faded blue ribbon
安妮回到楼下,老妇人在门厅迎上她,递出一个满是灰尘、用褪了色的蓝丝带系着的小包。
旁白 neutral
" Here's a bundle of old letters I found in that closet upstairs when I moved in
“这是我搬进来时在楼上那个壁橱里找到的一捆旧信。
旁白 neutral
The name on the top letter is Bertha Willis, your mother's maiden name. I think you should take them."
最上面那封信上的名字是伯莎·威利斯,你母亲娘家的姓。我觉得你应该收下它们。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh, thank you, thank you!" cried Anne, holding the packet tightly
“哦,谢谢您,谢谢您!”安妮紧紧攥着那捆信,叫了起来。
旁白 neutral
" I don't have anything that belonged to my mother
“我没有一件属于我母亲的东西。
旁白 neutral
I... I can never thank you enough."
我……我真是对你感激不尽。”
旁白 neutral
Phil and Anne left the little yellow house, and caught the train back to Halifax
菲尔和安妮离开了那座黄色小房子,赶上了回哈利法克斯的火车。
旁白 neutral
Throughout the journey Anne fingered the faded ribbon on the packet
整个旅途中,安妮一直用手指抚摸着小包上那条褪了色的丝带,
旁白 neutral
but she waited until she was home at Patty's Place to read the precious letters
但她还是等回到了帕蒂小筑的家,才去读这些珍贵的信。
旁白 neutral
There were not many of them, and some were written by her mother, others by her father
信不是很多,有些是她母亲写的,另一些是她父亲写的。
旁白 neutral
They both wrote of how much they loved the other
他们两人都写到了是多么深爱着对方。
旁白 neutral
In the sweetest letter, Anne's mother wrote proudly about her new baby, saying
在最动人的那封信里,安妮的母亲骄傲地写到了她新生的宝宝,她说:
旁白 neutral
" I love her best when she's asleep and even more when she's awake."
“我最爱她睡着的时候,可她醒着的时候,我更爱她。”
旁白 neutral
" This has been the most beautiful day of my life," Anne thought
“这是我生命中最美好的一天,”安妮心想。
旁白 neutral
" I've found my mother and father. Those letters have made them real. I'm not an orphan anymore."
“我找到了我的母亲和父亲。这些信让他们变得真实了。我不再是个孤儿了。”