Level 7 · 安妮
🎬

E36 · Episodes

036 在露比·吉利斯的花园

在露比·吉利斯的花园

Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 36 — 在露比·吉利斯的花园.

77 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Anne was sitting with Ruby Gillis in the Gillis' garden watching the sunset

安妮和鲁比·吉利斯坐在吉利斯家的花园里看日落。

旁白 neutral

Over the summer, Anne had spent many pleasant evenings with Ruby

整个夏天,安妮和鲁比一起度过了许多愉快的傍晚。

旁白 neutral

Anne had watched Ruby grow paler and weaker, and each evening ended a little earlier than the last

安妮眼看着鲁比脸色越来越苍白,身体越来越虚弱,而且每次傍晚的相聚都比上一次结束得更早一些。

旁白 neutral

But Ruby was always cheerful and talkative, always chatting about young men and clothes and the latest Avonlea news, and never mentioned her health

但鲁比总是乐呵呵、爱说话,总在聊小伙子、衣服和埃文利的各种新鲜事,从不提自己的身体状况。

旁白 neutral

At the end of every visit, Ruby made Anne promise to visit again

每次探望结束时,鲁比都让安妮答应还会再来。

旁白 neutral

Once, Mrs. Lynde complained about Anne's frequent visits to the Gillis' house

有一次,林德太太抱怨安妮太常去吉利斯家探望。

旁白 neutral

" Every time you go and visit Ruby, you come back looking so tired, Anne," she said

“安妮,你每次去探望鲁比,回来时看起来都那么疲惫,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" It's so sad," Anne said." Ruby doesn't seem to realize that she's sick

“这太让人难过了,”安妮说,“鲁比好像并没有意识到自己生病了。

旁白 neutral

I feel as if I'm watching her fight an invisible enemy."

我感觉就像在看着她与一个看不见的敌人在搏斗。”

旁白 neutral

But when Anne went to visit Ruby one evening at the end of summer, Ruby was strangely quiet

但当夏末的一天傍晚安妮去探望鲁比时,鲁比却异常安静。

旁白 neutral

She did not say a word about parties or new clothes or young men

她对派对、新衣服或年轻男子只字未提。

旁白 neutral

Ruby sat in her chair on the porch, with a white shawl wrapped around her thin shoulders

鲁比坐在门廊的椅子上,一条白色披肩裹着她瘦削的肩膀。

旁白 neutral

Just beyond the Gillis' house was the church, with the old graveyard beside it

吉利斯家屋后就是教堂,旁边是古老的墓地。

旁白 neutral

The moonlight shone on the white stones

月光洒在白色的墓碑上。

旁白 neutral

" How strange the graveyard looks by moonlight," said Ruby suddenly

“月光下的墓地看起来真奇怪,”鲁比突然说。

旁白 neutral

" How ghostly." She shuddered." Anne, it won't be long now before I'll be lying over there

“真像闹鬼一样。”她哆嗦了一下。“安妮,过不了多久我就会躺到那边去了。

旁白 neutral

You and Diana and everyone else will keep on living... and I'll be there... in the old graveyard─dead!"

你和戴安娜还有其他人都将继续活着……而我就在那里……在那古老的墓地里——死了!”

旁白 neutral

Anne was shocked. For a few moments, she could not speak

安妮震惊了。有好一会儿,她说不出话来。

旁白 neutral

" You know it's true, don't you?" said Ruby insistently

“你知道这是真的,对吧?”鲁比执拗地说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I know," answered Anne in a low tone

“是的,我知道,”安妮低声回答。

旁白 neutral

" Everybody knows it," said Ruby bitterly." I know it. I've known all summer, but I didn't want to give up

“大家都知道,”鲁比痛苦地说,“我自己也知道。整个夏天我都知道,但我不想放弃。

旁白 neutral

Oh, Anne!" Ruby reached out and grabbed Anne's hand pleadingly." I'm afraid to die."

哦,安妮!”鲁比伸出手,恳求地抓住安妮的手。“我害怕死亡。”

旁白 neutral

" Why are you afraid, Ruby?" asked Anne quietly

“你为什么害怕呢,鲁比?”安妮轻声问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well," Ruby replied," I believe there is a heaven, and I think heaven must be very beautiful, of course..

“嗯,”鲁比回答,“我相信有天堂,而且我想天堂一定很美,当然……

旁白 neutral

but Anne, it won't be what I'm used to."

可是安妮,那里不会是我习惯的样子。”

旁白 neutral

Anne looked at Ruby and said," I think heaven will be similar to life here

安妮看着鲁比说:“我觉得天堂会和这里的生活很相似。

旁白 neutral

In heaven, it will just be easier to be good. Don't be afraid, Ruby."

在天堂,只是想做个好人会更容易些。别害怕,鲁比。”

旁白 neutral

" I can't help it," said Ruby pitifully

“我控制不住,”鲁比可怜巴巴地说。

旁白 neutral

" Even if what you say about heaven is true, it won't be the same

“就算你说的关于天堂的话是真的,那里也不会一样。

旁白 neutral

It can't be. I want to go on living here. I'm so young, Anne

不可能一样的。我想继续活在这里。我还这么年轻,安妮。

旁白 neutral

I've fought so hard to live and it isn't any use

我曾那么努力地争取活下去,可这一切都毫无用处。

旁白 neutral

I have to die─and leave everything I care for."

我不得不离开人世——抛下我所珍爱的一切。

旁白 neutral

Anne sat still. The silence was almost intolerable

安妮静静地坐着。这沉默几乎令人难以忍受。

旁白 neutral

Anne could not tell Ruby comforting lies; everything that Ruby said was horribly true

安妮无法用安慰的谎言来哄鲁比;鲁比所说的一切,都是残酷的真实。

旁白 neutral

She was leaving everything that she cared for

她正在离开她所珍爱的一切。

旁白 neutral

" I want to live," Ruby repeated in a trembling voice

“我想活下去,”鲁比用颤抖的声音重复道。

旁白 neutral

" I want to live like other girls. I... I want to be married, and... have babies

“我想像别的女孩一样活着。我……我想结婚,生……生儿育女。

旁白 neutral

Anne, I couldn't say this to any one but you. I know you understand

安妮,这些话我对别人都说不出口,只能对你讲。我知道你懂我。

旁白 neutral

And then poor Tony Spencer... He loves me and I love him, Anne

还有可怜的托尼·斯宾塞……他爱着我,我也爱他,安妮。

旁白 neutral

The others meant nothing to me, but he does, and if I could live, I would be his wife

其他人都对我毫无意义,但他不一样。如果我能活下来,我愿意做他的妻子。

旁白 neutral

I would be so happy. Oh, Anne!" Ruby sobbed

我会那么开心的。哦,安妮!” 鲁比啜泣着说。

旁白 neutral

Anne held Ruby's hand, and offered her silent sympathy

安妮握着鲁比的手,给予她无言的同情。

旁白 neutral

It was a relief to Anne not to have to use clumsy words, and her silence was a deeper comfort to Ruby

不必用笨拙的言语,这让安妮松了口气,而她的沉默反倒给了鲁比更深的安慰。

旁白 neutral

Gradually, Ruby stopped crying and became calm

渐渐地,鲁比停止了哭泣,平静下来。

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad I've told you this, Anne," she whispered

“我真高兴能跟你说了这些,安妮,” 她轻声说道。

旁白 neutral

" It has helped me just to speak about it

“光是说出来,就好受多了。

旁白 neutral

I've wanted to talk it over with you for a long time, but I couldn't

我一直想跟你好好聊聊这事,可就是做不到。

旁白 neutral

It would have made death seem real

那样会让人觉得死亡是真的要来了。

旁白 neutral

In the daytime, when people were around me and everything was cheerful, it wasn't that hard to stop thinking about it

白天的时候,身边有人,一切都开开心心的,不去想它倒也不太难。

旁白 neutral

But at nighttime, when I couldn't sleep, it was so dreadful, Anne

可到了晚上,睡不着的时候,那感觉真是可怕极了,安妮。

旁白 neutral

I would just lie in bed and think about death and get so scared."

我就那样躺在床上,想着死亡,害怕得不得了。”

旁白 neutral

Anne said," Don't be frightened anymore, Ruby. Just believe everything will be okay."

安妮说:“别再害怕了,鲁比。要相信一切都会好起来的。”

旁白 neutral

" I'll try," Ruby replied." I try to be brave

“我会试试的,”鲁比回答,“我努力变得勇敢一些。

旁白 neutral

Please come and see me as often as you can."

请你尽可能常来看我。”

旁白 neutral

" I will," Anne replied

“我会的,”安妮回答。

旁白 neutral

" It... it won't be very long now, Anne

“这……这不会很久了,安妮。

旁白 neutral

I feel sure of that," said Ruby," and I'd rather spend time with you than anyone else."

我确信这一点,”鲁比说,“而且比起其他人,我更愿意跟你待在一起。”

旁白 neutral

" I must go now, Ruby," Anne said

“我现在得走了,鲁比,”安妮说。

旁白 neutral

" It's getting late, and you shouldn't be out in the cold."

“天晚了,你不该待在冷风里了。”

旁白 neutral

" Goodnight, Anne," said Ruby

“晚安,安妮,”鲁比说。

旁白 neutral

Anne walked home very slowly in the moonlight

安妮在月光下非常缓慢地走回家。

旁白 neutral

The evening had changed something for her

这个夜晚改变了她的一些想法。

旁白 neutral

Life held a different meaning, a deeper purpose

生命承载了不同的意义,一个更深邃的目标。

旁白 neutral

It seemed more important to her than ever to live life to the fullest, to love, and not to be afraid of the challenges that might lie ahead

对她而言,全力以赴地去生活、去爱,并且不畏惧未来可能出现的挑战,这似乎比以往任何时候都更加重要。

旁白 neutral

Anne never saw Ruby again. The next morning, the news went from house to house that Ruby Gillis was dead

安妮再也没见到鲁比。第二天早上,鲁比·吉利斯去世的消息就传遍了各家各户。

旁白 neutral

She had died in her sleep, painlessly and calmly

她在睡梦中去世了,没有痛苦,很安详。

旁白 neutral

On her face was a smile, as if death had come as a kindly friend instead of the phantom Ruby had dreaded

她的脸上带着微笑,仿佛死神是作为一位慈祥的朋友到来,而不是鲁比所惧怕的那个幽灵。

旁白 neutral

After the funeral, Mrs. Gillis called Anne aside and gave her a small packet

葬礼结束后,吉利斯太太把安妮叫到一边,给了她一个小包裹。

旁白 neutral

" I want you to have this," she sobbed

“我想让你收下这个,”她啜泣着说。

旁白 neutral

" Ruby would have liked you to have it

“鲁比会希望你留着它的。

旁白 neutral

It's some embroidery she was doing the afternoon before she died. It isn't quite finished."

这是她去世前一天下午正在做的一些刺绣活儿。还没完全做好。”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Lynde was standing with Mrs. Gillis." There's always a piece of unfinished work left," she said with tears in her eyes

林德太太和吉利斯太太站在一起。“总会留下一件未完成的作品,”她眼含泪水地说道。

旁白 neutral

" But I suppose there's always someone to finish it."

“但我想,也总有人会去完成它。”

旁白 neutral

Diana and the residents of Green Gables quietly walked home from Ruby's funeral

戴安娜和绿山墙的居民们安静地从鲁比的葬礼走回家。

旁白 neutral

Davy said suddenly," Ruby Gillis had a great laugh

戴维突然说:“鲁比·吉利斯笑起来很好听。

旁白 neutral

Will she laugh as much in heaven as she did in Avonlea, Anne? I want to know."

她在天堂也会像在埃文利时那样爱笑吗,安妮?我想知道。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I think she will," said Anne

“会的,我想她会的,”安妮说。