Level 7 · 安妮
🎬

E35 · Episodes

035 阿弗里尔的赎罪

阿弗里尔的赎罪

Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 35 — 阿弗里尔的赎罪.

72 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

A few days after the gathering at Ruby's, Anne and Diana were walking slowly near the stream next to Green Gables

露比家聚会过后几天,安妮和戴安娜在绿山墙旁的小溪边缓步而行。

旁白 neutral

" What are you thinking, Anne?" asked Diana

“你在想什么,安妮?”戴安娜问。

旁白 neutral

" I've been thinking about writing a short story," Anne confessed

“我一直在想写一篇短篇小说,”安妮承认道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm hoping I can get it published, in a women's magazine maybe."

“我希望我能让它出版,也许是在女性杂志上。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, have you started it?" exclaimed Diana, very interested

“哦,你开始写了吗?”戴安娜叫道,很感兴趣。

旁白 neutral

" I've only written a few pages, but I've got a suitable plot," Anne replied

“我只写了几页,但有了一个合适的情节,”安妮回答。

旁白 neutral

" The main character's name is Averil. The hero's name is Harold Jonathon Wittington

“女主人公叫艾薇儿。男主人公叫哈罗德·乔纳森·惠廷顿。

旁白 neutral

I think they are elegant and fitting names for the main characters, don't you?

我觉得这些名字优雅又贴切,很适合主角,你不觉得吗?

旁白 neutral

It took me hours to think of those names, Diana."

我想出这些名字花了好几个小时,戴安娜。”

旁白 neutral

" Have you named all the characters?" asked Diana wistfully

“你把所有角色都命名好了吗?”戴安娜若有所思地问。

旁白 neutral

" If you haven't, could I name someone? Even if it's just some unimportant person."

“如果你还没起,我能给某个人物起个名吗?就算只是个无足轻重的角色。”

旁白 neutral

" You can name the servant," conceded Anne

“你可以给仆人起名,”安妮让步道。

旁白 neutral

" I think his name will be... Bobby," said Diana promptly

“我想他的名字就叫……鲍比,”戴安娜脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

" And you'll let me read your story, won't you, Anne?"

“你会让我读你的故事吧,安妮?”

旁白 neutral

" When it is finished," Anne said," I'll read it to you and Mr. Harrison." He was Anne's neighbor in Avonlea

“写完之后,”安妮说,“我会读给你和哈里森先生听。” 他是安妮在阿冯利的邻居。

旁白 neutral

" And I want you both to criticize it severely, since no one else shall see it until it is published."

“我希望你们俩都严格批评,因为在它出版之前,我不会给其他人看。”

旁白 neutral

" How are you going to end the story? Happily or unhappily?" Diana asked

“你打算怎么结束这个故事?是喜剧还是悲剧?”戴安娜问道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not sure," Anne said." I'd like it to end unhappily, because that would be so much more romantic

“我不确定,”安妮说,“我倒想让它以悲剧收场,因为那会浪漫得多。

旁白 neutral

But I think magazine editors have a prejudice against sad endings

但我觉得杂志编辑们对悲伤的结局有偏见。

旁白 neutral

A famous author once said that only a genius should write an unhappy ending. And I am anything but a genius."

一位著名作家曾说过,只有天才才应该写悲剧结局。而我绝非天才。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I like happy endings best

"哦,我最喜欢幸福的结局。

旁白 neutral

I think the hero should marry Averil," said Diana, who, especially since her engagement to Fred, thought this was how every story should end

我觉得男主角应该娶艾薇儿,"戴安娜说,自从她和弗雷德订婚后,她就更觉得每个故事都该这样结尾。

旁白 neutral

" But don't you like to cry when you read stories?" Anne asked

"可是你看故事的时候不喜欢流泪吗?"安妮问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," Diana said." But I only like crying in the middle of the story. I like everything to end happily."

"喜欢,"戴安娜说。"但我只喜欢在故事中间流泪。我希望一切都幸福地结束。"

旁白 neutral

" Hmm, perhaps I should have one tragic scene," said Anne thoughtfully

"嗯,也许我该写一个悲剧场景,"安妮若有所思地说。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps Bobby the servant is injured in a tractor accident in the fields and dies — "

"也许仆人鲍比在田里遭遇了一场拖拉机事故,受了重伤死去——"

旁白 neutral

" No! You can't kill Bobby!" said Diana, laughing

"不行!你不能写死鲍比!"戴安娜笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" He belongs to me and I want him to live and flourish! Kill someone else."

"他是我这儿的人,我要他好好活下去,日子越过越好!写死别人吧。"

旁白 neutral

" But it's my story!" Anne laughed with her

"可这是我的故事呀!"安妮和她一起笑起来。

旁白 neutral

Over the next fortnight, Anne worked hard on her story, writing day and night

接下来的两周里,安妮很用功地写她的故事,没日没夜地写。

旁白 neutral

She managed to include a tragic scene without killing Bobby the servant

她成功写了一个悲剧场景,却没有让仆人鲍比死掉。

旁白 neutral

When the story was finally finished, Anne read it to Diana on the porch of Green Gables

故事终于写完时,安妮在绿山墙的走廊上读给戴安娜听。

旁白 neutral

When Anne looked up after reading the last paragraph, Diana seemed disappointed

读完最后一段,安妮抬起头,戴安娜看起来有些失望。

旁白 neutral

" Why did you kill Anthony Lennox?" Diana asked reproachfully

“你为什么让安东尼·伦诺克斯死掉?”戴安娜带着责备的语气问。

旁白 neutral

" He was the villain," protested Anne." He had to be punished!"

“他是反派呀,”安妮不服气地说,“他必须受到惩罚!”

旁白 neutral

" I liked him best of all!" said Diana, unreasonably, it seemed to Anne

“我最喜欢的就是他!”戴安娜说,在安妮看来这简直毫无道理。

旁白 neutral

" Well, he's dead, and he'll have to stay dead," said Anne, annoyed

“唉,他已经死了,而且就得一直死着。”安妮有点恼火地说。

旁白 neutral

" If I had let him live, he would have kept persecuting Averil and Harold. The villain had to die, Diana!"

“要是我让他活着,他就会一直迫害艾薇儿和哈罗德。反派必须死,戴安娜!”

旁白 neutral

" Well, anyway," Diana said," it's a wonderful story, Anne, and it will make you famous, I'm sure. What's its title?"

“好吧,不管怎样,”戴安娜说,“这故事很棒,安妮,我相信它会让你出名的。书名是什么?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I decided that long ago," Anne replied." It's called ' Averil's Atonement.'

“哦,我早就想好了,”安妮回答,“就叫《艾薇儿的赎罪》。”

旁白 neutral

Both words begin with the letter a, so it sounds sophisticated

两个词都以字母A开头,所以听起来很精致。

旁白 neutral

Now, Diana, tell me honestly, do you see any faults in my story?"

现在,戴安娜,老实告诉我,你觉得我的故事有什么缺点吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Well," hesitated Diana," that part where Averil makes the cake doesn't seem quite romantic enough to match the rest of the story

“嗯,”戴安娜犹豫道,“艾薇儿做蛋糕的那部分,跟故事的其余部分比起来,似乎不够浪漫。

旁白 neutral

Heroines shouldn't cook."

女主角不应该下厨。”

旁白 neutral

" But that's a funny part, and one of the best parts of the story!" Anne exclaimed

“但那可是个有趣的部分,而且是故事里最精彩的部分之一呀!”安妮大声说。

旁白 neutral

Diana prudently refrained from any further criticism, but later Mr. Harrison criticized the story a lot

戴安娜谨慎地没再多说,但后来哈里森先生对这个故事大加批评。

旁白 neutral

" Why did you write a story about rich people with silly names?" he asked

“你为什么要写一个关于有着愚蠢名字的有钱人的故事?”他问道。

旁白 neutral

" You should write about the people you know, here in Avonlea."

“你应该写你认识的人,在埃文利这里的人。”

旁白 neutral

" But Avonlea is not romantic," Anne protested

“可是埃文利一点也不浪漫,”安妮反驳道。

旁白 neutral

" Well," Mr. Harrison replied," I don't like the hero, Harold, either

“嗯,”哈里森先生回答,“我也不喜欢那个男主角哈罗德。

旁白 neutral

He's too good. He just stands around being polite and romantic. I prefer the villain, Anthony Lennox."

他太好了,只知道站在一边,表现得彬彬有礼又富有浪漫情调。我更喜欢那个反派,安东尼·伦诺克斯。”

旁白 neutral

Anne decided the next time she wrote a story, she wouldn't ask for anyone's feedback!

安妮决定,下次她再写故事,绝不征求任何人的意见了!

旁白 neutral

Anne sent the story to one of the biggest women's magazines and waited to hear from them. She didn't have to wait long

安妮把故事寄给了最大的一家女性杂志社,然后等着他们的消息。她没等多久。

旁白 neutral

The magazine sent the story back a week later with a letter that said " Averil's Atonement " wasn't " suitable."

一周后,杂志社把故事退了回来,还附了一封信,说《艾薇儿的赎罪》“不合适”。

旁白 neutral

Diana tried to comfort Anne, saying," Those big magazines are no good anyway," and that she should keep trying

戴安娜试图安慰安妮,说:“反正那些大杂志社也没什么好的,”还说她应该继续尝试。

旁白 neutral

Not to be dissuaded, Anne sent the story to another magazine

安妮并没有气馁,她把故事寄给了另一家杂志社。

旁白 neutral

It was sent back even faster. Anne didn't believe the editor had read it at all!

这次退稿更快。安妮简直不相信那位编辑压根儿就没读过它!

旁白 neutral

Discouraged, she put her story away underneath her dresser and gave the extra copy to Diana

安妮灰心丧气,她把故事收起来,塞到梳妆台底下,把多余的那份稿子给了戴安娜。

旁白 neutral

Anne never mentioned the two rejections to Mr. Harrison, but one evening he asked her bluntly if her story had been accepted

安妮从未跟哈里森先生提起过这两次退稿的事,但一天晚上,他直截了当地问她,她的故事被采用了没有。

旁白 neutral

" No, the editors didn't accept it," Anne answered briefly

“没有,编辑们没有采用它。”安妮简短地回答。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Harrison looked at Anne's flushed face

哈里森先生看着安妮通红的脸。

旁白 neutral

" Well, I hope you keep writing, Anne," he said encouragingly

“唔,我希望你继续写下去,安妮。”他鼓励地说。

旁白 neutral

" No, I shall never try to write a story again," declared Anne

“不,我再也不会尝试写故事了。”安妮宣告说。

旁白 neutral

" I wouldn't give up altogether," said Mr. Harrison gently, looking at Anne's flushed face

“要是我,就不会完全放弃,”哈里森先生温和地说,看着安妮通红的脸。

旁白 neutral

" I would keep writing once in a while

“我会时不时地坚持写一写。

旁白 neutral

Why don't you write about people and places you know?

你为什么不写写你认识的人和熟悉的地方呢?

旁白 neutral

Make the characters talk in everyday English, and write about everyday life. But don't stop writing, Anne."

让人物用日常英语交谈,写写日常生活。但别停下笔,安妮。”

旁白 neutral

" No. It was foolish of me to try," Anne said firmly

“不。我尝试这件事,真是太傻了。”安妮坚决地说。

旁白 neutral

" I am good at teaching, and when I finish college, I'll return to that

“我擅长教书,等我读完大学,我就会回去干老本行。

旁白 neutral

I can teach. I can't write stories."

我能教书。我不会写故事。”

旁白 neutral

" When you finish college, it'll be time to get married, Anne," said Mr. Harrison

“等你读完大学,就该是结婚的时候了,安妮。”哈里森先生说。

旁白 neutral

Anne scowled. Sometimes Mr. Harrison was so annoying! She got up and marched home

安妮皱起了眉头。有时候哈里森先生真是烦人!她站起身来,大步走回了家。