E34 · Episodes
034 不受欢迎的意外
不受欢迎的意外
Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 34 — 不受欢迎的意外.
70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
After leaving Patty's Place, Anne and Priscilla went straight to Phil's boardinghouse to tell her the good news
离开帕蒂之家后,安妮和普丽西拉径直前往菲尔的寄宿公寓,要把这个好消息告诉她。
旁白 neutral
" Well, what has happened to you two? Why, you're actually shining!
“哎呀,你俩这是怎么了?瞧瞧,你们简直在发光呢!
旁白 neutral
What's up?" Phil said when she answered the door
怎么回事?”菲尔应门时问道。
旁白 neutral
" Priscilla and I are going to live in Patty's Place next winter," said Anne triumphantly
“普丽西拉和我明年冬天要住进帕蒂之家了,”安妮得意扬扬地说。
旁白 neutral
" We've rented it," Priscilla continued," and our friend Stella Maynard is coming, and she's moving in with us!"
“我们已经租下来了,”普丽西拉接着说,“而且我们的朋友斯特拉·梅纳德也要来,她会搬来和我们一起住!”
旁白 neutral
Suddenly Phil got down on her knees before Anne and Priscilla
菲尔突然在安妮和普丽西拉面前跪了下来。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, please let me come too! I'll be so good
“哦,求求你们也让我来吧!我一定乖乖的。
旁白 neutral
If there's no room for me, I'll sleep in the little doghouse in the backyard! Please let me be your roommate!"
要是没地方住,我就睡在后院的小狗屋里!请让我做你们的室友吧!”
旁白 neutral
" Get up, silly!" said Anne. She then said slowly," Phil, we'd love that, but I'll be honest
“起来,傻丫头!”安妮说。然后她缓缓说道,“菲尔,我们当然愿意,但我实话实说。
旁白 neutral
I'm poor, Priscilla is poor, Stella Maynard is poor
我穷,普丽西拉穷,斯特拉·梅纳德也穷。
旁白 neutral
The house and food will be simple and plain
房子和食物都会很简单朴素。
旁白 neutral
You come from a wealthy family, and you live in an expensive boardinghouse, with fancy meals
你来自富裕家庭,住的是昂贵的寄宿公寓,吃的是精美餐食。
旁白 neutral
Are you sure that you want a simple life, living with poor students?"
你确定想要过简朴的生活,和穷学生住在一起吗?"
旁白 neutral
" Oh, what do I care?" said Phil dramatically
"哦,我管那些做什么?"菲尔夸张地说。
旁白 neutral
" I'd live on bread and water — with just a little jam — if you'll let me move in."
"只要能让我搬进来,光啃面包喝凉水——就加一点点果酱——我都愿意。"
旁白 neutral
" Well, Phil, there would also be many chores to do," Anne continued
"嗯,菲尔,还会有很多家务活要做,"安妮接着说。
旁白 neutral
" At the moment you have a maid, but at Patty's Place, you would have to — "
"现在你有个女佣,但在帕蒂小屋,你就得——"
旁白 neutral
" I'll learn how to cook and clean!" Phil interrupted
"我会学着做饭和打扫!"菲尔插话道。
旁白 neutral
" There's just one more thing," said Priscilla
"还有一件事,"普里西拉说。
旁白 neutral
" As all Redmond students know, Phil, you entertain visitors almost every evening
"雷德蒙德的学生都知道,菲尔,你几乎每天晚上都要招待访客。
旁白 neutral
You have a very busy social life. Now at Patty's Place, we can't do that
你社交生活太忙碌了。但在派蒂小筑,我们可不能那样。
旁白 neutral
We have decided we'll have visitors on Friday evenings only. How does that sound?"
我们决定只在周五晚上接待访客。你觉得怎么样?
旁白 neutral
" Oh, that's fine," said Phil." I knew I should have had a rule like that, but I couldn't decide on what day! You know how indecisive I am!"
“哦,那太好了,”菲尔说,“我就知道该定这么个规矩,可就是定不下是哪一天!你知道我有多优柔寡断!”
旁白 neutral
" Well," said Anne," of course, we must check with Stella, but I'm sure she'll agree."
“嗯,”安妮说,“当然,我们还得问问史黛拉,不过我相信她会同意的。”
旁白 neutral
" And if you get tired of our simple life, you can move out of Patty's Place, and no questions asked," added Priscilla
“要是你厌倦了我们这种简单生活,随时可以搬出派蒂小筑,我们绝不追问,”普里西拉补充道。
旁白 neutral
Phil hugged them both jubilantly, and Anne and Priscilla went home to the boardinghouse
菲尔兴高采烈地拥抱了她俩,随后安妮和普里西拉便回寄宿宿舍去了。
旁白 neutral
" I hope things will be all right," said Priscilla soberly
“但愿一切顺利,”普里西拉冷静地说。
旁白 neutral
" Phil's a great friend, but how will she be to live with?"
“菲尔是个好朋友,可跟她一起生活会是什么样呢?”
旁白 neutral
" Who knows how any of us will get along?" Anne pointed out
“谁知道我们谁又会相处得如何呢?”安妮指出。
旁白 neutral
" It's not as if Phil is selfish; she's just a little thoughtless. I think it will be fun!"
“菲尔又不是自私,她只是有点没心没肺。我觉得会很有趣的!”
旁白 neutral
At the end of the term, Anne won the English scholarship
学期结束时,安妮赢得了英语奖学金。
旁白 neutral
She was overjoyed since she could now support herself and not rely on Marilla
她欣喜若狂,因为现在可以自立,不用再依赖玛丽拉了。
旁白 neutral
Anne went back to Avonlea for the vacation
安妮回到埃文利度假。
旁白 neutral
People told Anne she hadn't changed much, in a tone that hinted they were surprised and a little disappointed that she hadn't
人们告诉安妮她没怎么变,语气中透着惊讶,还有一丝失望她居然没变。
旁白 neutral
Avonlea had not changed either. At least, so it seemed
埃文利也一成未变。至少,看起来是这样。
旁白 neutral
But then Anne learned that Billy Andrews had married Nettie Blewett
但随后安妮听说比利·安德鲁斯娶了妮蒂·布鲁伊特。
旁白 neutral
She saw them together in church on Sunday
星期天她在教堂看见他们在一起。
旁白 neutral
Anne's real surprise, though, was Ruby Gillis. What had happened to her?
但真正让安妮惊讶的,是鲁比·吉利斯。她怎么了?
旁白 neutral
She was as beautiful as ever, but her blue eyes were too bright, her cheeks were too flushed, and she was very thin
她美丽依旧,但蓝眼睛亮得过分,脸颊红得异常,而且瘦削得很。
旁白 neutral
" Is Ruby Gillis sick? She looks so different," Anne said to Mrs. Lynde as they walked home from church. Marilla frowned and looked sad
“鲁比·吉利斯病了吗?她看起来太不一样了。”从教堂走回家时,安妮对林德太太说。玛丽拉皱起眉头,神色忧伤。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Lynde said bluntly," Ruby Gillis is dying of tuberculosis
林德太太直截了当地说:“鲁比·吉利斯得了肺结核,快不行了。
旁白 neutral
Everybody knows it except Ruby and her family. They won't admit it
这事除了鲁比和她家人,大家都知道,只是他们不肯承认。
旁白 neutral
If you ask them about Ruby, they say she's perfectly healthy."
要是你问起鲁比的情况,他们就说她身体非常好。”
旁白 neutral
Anne listened in shocked silence. Ruby Gillis, her old school friend, dying? Could it be possible?
安妮听后震惊得说不出话。鲁比·吉利斯,她的老同学,快要死了?这怎么可能?
旁白 neutral
In recent years they had grown apart, and Ruby and Anne had not talked as much as they used to
近年来她们渐渐疏远了,鲁比和安妮已经不像从前那样无话不谈。
旁白 neutral
But the old schoolgirl friendship was still there — fun, beautiful, silly Ruby!
但学生时代的友谊还在——那个有趣、美丽、傻乎乎的鲁比!
旁白 neutral
It was impossible to think of her and something as tragic as death in the same thought
根本没办法把她和死亡这种悲惨的事联系在一起。
旁白 neutral
Ruby had greeted Anne after church and urged her to come visit the next day
鲁比在教堂做完礼拜后跟安妮打了招呼,还催她第二天去家里玩。
旁白 neutral
Anne had agreed, and so the next evening, Diana and Anne walked to the Gillis' house
安妮答应了,于是第二天傍晚,戴安娜和安妮一起走去吉利斯家。
旁白 neutral
" It's so awful to hear Ruby chatting and pretending nothing is wrong," Diana told Anne
“听着鲁比有说有笑,装作没事的样子,真让人难受。”戴安娜对安妮说。
旁白 neutral
" Sometimes she can hardly speak because she's coughing so much."
“有时候她咳得那么厉害,话都快说不出来了。”
旁白 neutral
Diana and Anne arrived at the Gillis' home, where many young male visitors had already arrived
戴安娜和安妮到了吉利斯家,已经有不少年轻的男客先到了。
旁白 neutral
Everyone was in the parlor, and two young men from Avonlea, Leonard Kimball and Alan Bell, were competing for Ruby's attention
大家都在客厅里,两个埃文利的年轻人,伦纳德·金博尔和艾伦·贝尔,正争着讨鲁比的欢心。
旁白 neutral
Ruby was dressed in white, and her eyes and cheeks were bright
鲁比穿着一身白裙子,眼睛和脸颊都亮亮的。
旁白 neutral
She giggled and chatted with her male admirers for most of the evening
大半个晚上,她都在咯咯地笑着,跟她的男性仰慕者们聊着天。
旁白 neutral
At one point Ruby took Anne upstairs to her bedroom to show Anne some of her new summer clothes
后来鲁比带安妮上楼去她的卧室,给她看自己新做的夏装。
旁白 neutral
" How do you like my new white hat? It's the latest fashion
“你觉得我这顶新的白帽子怎么样?这可是最时髦的款式。
旁白 neutral
I liked the hat you wore to church yesterday."
我喜欢你昨天去教堂戴的那顶帽子。”
旁白 neutral
She turned, holding the hat to her head with one hand
她转过身,一只手把帽子举在头边。
旁白 neutral
" Anne, did you see those two Avonlea boys downstairs?
“安妮,你看到楼下那两个埃文利的小伙子了吗?
旁白 neutral
They're nice, but Tony Spencer is the one I really like. He couldn't come tonight."
他们人不错,可我最喜欢的还是托尼·斯宾塞。他今晚来不了。”
旁白 neutral
Ruby gave a shallow little laugh. Anne looked at the ground; she didn't know what to say
鲁比敷衍地轻轻一笑。安妮看着地面,不知道该说什么好。
旁白 neutral
Just for a moment her eyes met Ruby's, and Anne saw something that made her heart ache
就在那一瞬间,她的目光和鲁比相遇,安妮看到了某种让她心里一痛的东西。
旁白 neutral
" Come and see me while you're home, please, Anne?" whispered Ruby
“你在家这段时间,多来看看我,好吗,安妮?”鲁比轻声说道。
旁白 neutral
" I want to see you. I've missed having an old friend like you around..."
“我想见你。身边少了你这样的老朋友,我挺想你的……”
旁白 neutral
" Are you feeling all right, Ruby?" Anne asked
“你身体还好吗,鲁比?”安妮问道。
旁白 neutral
" Me?" Ruby replied." Why, I'm perfectly healthy, Anne
“我?”鲁比回答说,“哎呀,我身体非常健康啊,安妮。
旁白 neutral
Of course, last winter I had the flu, and I had a slow recovery, but now I am all right. I don't look sick, surely?"
当然啦,去年冬天我得了流感,恢复得慢了些,可现在已经完全好了。我看起来不像生病的样子吧?”
旁白 neutral
Ruby's voice was almost bitter, as if Anne had accused her of something
鲁比的声音几乎带着一丝怨气,好像安妮指责了她什么似的。
旁白 neutral
Then Ruby went quickly downstairs and talked just to the young men, as if Anne and Diana were not there
然后鲁比飞快地下楼,只跟那几个年轻男士说话,好像安妮和戴安娜根本不在场一样。