E33 · Episodes
033 童话般的小屋
童话般的小屋
Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 33 — 童话般的小屋.
69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The second term at Redmond sped by as quickly as the first, and Anne enjoyed it thoroughly
在雷德蒙德的第二学期和第一学期一样飞快过去,安妮尽情享受了这段时光。
旁白 neutral
She studied hard, for she wanted to win a scholarship in English
她学习很用功,因为她想获得英语奖学金。
旁白 neutral
If she won it, the scholarship would pay for her tuition fees at Redmond College next year, and she would not have to use Marilla's savings
如果她赢得了奖学金,就能支付明年在雷德蒙德学院的学费,就不必动用玛丽拉的积蓄了。
旁白 neutral
Gilbert, too, was hoping to get a scholarship, but he still found plenty of time to drop in and visit Anne at her boardinghouse
吉尔伯特也希望获得奖学金,但他还是有充裕的时间顺道到安妮的寄宿处看望她。
旁白 neutral
He was Anne's escort to most college events, and Anne knew students gossiped about them being a " couple."
他是安妮参加大多数大学活动的护花使者,安妮知道学生们在议论他们是“一对儿”。
旁白 neutral
The gossip made Anne furious, but she could not refuse Gilbert's company
这些闲话让安妮很生气,但她无法拒绝吉尔伯特的陪伴。
旁白 neutral
He was her old friend, and she would feel bad declining his kind offers to accompany her to college events
他是她的老朋友,拒绝他好心陪她参加大学活动,她会感到过意不去。
旁白 neutral
Besides, he had stopped acting like a suitor toward her
况且,他已经不再像个追求者那样对待她了。
旁白 neutral
Anne was very glad of that, though she did secretly wonder why he'd changed
安妮对此很高兴,虽然她暗自纳闷他为什么变了。
旁白 neutral
Only one disagreeable incident spoiled that winter
只有一件不愉快的事破坏了那个冬天。
旁白 neutral
One night Charlie Sloane asked Anne if she would promise " to become Mrs. Charlie Sloane some day."
一天晚上,查理·斯隆问安妮愿不愿意承诺“将来成为查理·斯隆太太”。
旁白 neutral
Of course, Anne knew that she could never marry Charlie
当然,安妮知道自己永远不可能嫁给查理。
旁白 neutral
After all, he was not her romantic hero either!
毕竟,他也不是她浪漫的理想情人!
旁白 neutral
" Another unromantic proposal!" Anne sighed." Where is my Prince Charming?"
“又一个不浪漫的求婚!”安妮叹气道,“我的白马王子在哪儿呢?”
旁白 neutral
The next day Anne scurried into Priscilla's room
第二天,安妮匆匆跑进普里西拉的房间。
旁白 neutral
" Read that," she cried, tossing Priscilla a letter from Stella Maynard, who had been one of their friends at Queen's College
“读读这个,”她叫道,把斯特拉·梅纳德的信扔给普里西拉,斯特拉是她们在女王学院时的朋友。
旁白 neutral
" Stella is coming to Redmond to study next year
“斯特拉明年要来雷德蒙德上学。
旁白 neutral
Tell me what you think of her idea. I think it's wonderful, if it's possible."
告诉我你觉得她的主意怎么样。我觉得太棒了,如果可行的话。”
旁白 neutral
" Anne, I have a little plan," Stella had written
“安妮,我有个小计划,”斯特拉写道。
旁白 neutral
" You know how I hate boarding. I've boarded for four years and I'm so sick of it
“你知道我有多讨厌寄宿。我已经寄宿四年了,烦透了。
旁白 neutral
I can imagine you are not a huge fan of boardinghouses either
我能想象你也并不怎么喜欢寄宿公寓。
旁白 neutral
Why don't you and Priscilla and I rent a little house somewhere in Halifax?"
你和普里西拉,还有我,咱们在哈利法克斯哪儿合租一栋小房子怎么样?"
旁白 neutral
" I think it's a good idea," said Priscilla after she read the letter
“我觉得这是个好主意,”普里西拉读完信后说。
旁白 neutral
" So do I," agreed Anne delightedly." Let's go house-hunting at once, before exams start."
“我也这么想,”安妮高兴地赞同道。“咱们立刻去找房子吧,趁考试还没开始。”
旁白 neutral
" I'm afraid it will be hard to get a house that fits our budget," warned Priscilla
“恐怕很难找到符合我们预算的房子,”普里西拉提醒道。
旁白 neutral
" We'll have to be happy with a shabby little place."
“我们得做好住一个破旧小地方的准备,并且为此感到知足才行。”
旁白 neutral
Over the next few days, they saw many houses, but they were either too big, too small, too expensive, or too far from Redmond
接下来的几天里,她们看了很多房子,但这些房子不是太大、太小、太贵,就是离雷德蒙德太远。
旁白 neutral
The house-hunting was not going well
找房子的事进展得不太顺利。
旁白 neutral
A few weeks later, Anne and Priscilla were walking home the usual way, down Spofford Avenue, so that they could look at Patty's Place
几周后的一天,安妮和普里西拉像往常一样,沿着斯波福德大道步行回家,就为了能看一眼帕蒂小屋。
旁白 neutral
As they stopped to admire the garden, Anne suddenly shouted," Look, look! Am I seeing things, Priscilla?
当她们停下脚步欣赏花园时,安妮突然喊道,“看,看!普里西拉,我是不是眼花了?
旁白 neutral
Look over there and tell me if it's true!" Priscilla looked where Anne was pointing
“看那边,告诉我那是不是真的!”普里西拉顺着安妮指的方向看去。
旁白 neutral
Over the arched gateway of Patty's Place dangled a little sign
帕蒂小屋拱形门廊上方挂着一块小牌子。
旁白 neutral
It said " For Rent. Furnished. Inquire Within."
上面写着“出租。带家具。请入内咨询。”
旁白 neutral
" Priscilla," said Anne in a whisper," is it possible we could rent Patty's Place?"
“普里西拉,”安妮小声说,“我们有可能租下帕蒂小屋吗?”
旁白 neutral
" It's too good to be true, Anne. Fairy tales don't happen nowadays... But then again maybe they do," Priscilla replied excitedly
“这好得不像真的,安妮。如今童话不会发生……不过也许真的会发生。”普里西拉兴奋地答道。
旁白 neutral
" Anyway, it's too late to knock on their door this evening. Let's come back tomorrow."
“不管怎样,今晚敲门太晚了。我们明天再来吧。”
旁白 neutral
Early the next evening, the girls went back to Patty's Place
第二天傍晚,姑娘们又去了帕蒂小屋。
旁白 neutral
They knocked on the door rather timidly, and then stepped into a large living room
她们怯生生地敲了门,然后走进一间宽敞的客厅。
旁白 neutral
Two old ladies sat by the fire
两位老妇人坐在壁炉旁。
旁白 neutral
They were very similar, except that one looked about seventy years old and the other fifty
她们长得很像,只不过一个看上去大约七十岁,另一个大约五十岁。
旁白 neutral
They were both knitting, and the older one invited Anne and Priscilla to take a seat
两位老妇人都在织毛线,年长的那位请安妮和普里西拉坐下。
旁白 neutral
Behind each lady sat a large white china dog, with a green nose and ears and green spots all over
每位女士身后都坐着一只白色的大瓷狗,长着绿色的鼻子、耳朵,全身布满绿色的斑点。
旁白 neutral
Anne liked the dogs straight away; they seemed to her like the guardians of Patty's Place
安妮立刻就喜欢上了这些狗;在她看来,它们就像是帕蒂小屋的守护者。
旁白 neutral
For a few minutes nobody spoke. The girls were too nervous, and the ladies were content to knit and wait for their guests to speak first
有几分钟没人说话。姑娘们太紧张了,而女士们则满足地织着毛线,等着客人先开口。
旁白 neutral
Anne glanced about the room. What a nice place it was!
安妮环顾了一下房间。这地方可真不错!
旁白 neutral
Finally she spoke." We... we... saw your sign that this house is for rent," said Anne to the older lady
终于,她开口了。“我们……我们……看到了您房子出租的牌子,”安妮对年长的那位女士说。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, yes," said Miss Patty." I meant to take that sign down today."
“哦,是的,”帕蒂小姐说。“我本打算今天把那个牌子拿下来的。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh, are we too late?" asked Anne, barely hiding her disappointment
“哦,我们是不是太晚了?”安妮问道,几乎掩饰不住她的失望。
旁白 neutral
" No," Miss Patty said." We have decided not to rent it after all."
“不,”帕蒂小姐说。“我们最终还是决定不出租了。”
旁白 neutral
" What a shame!" exclaimed Anne." I love this place so much
“太可惜了!”安妮叫道。“我非常喜欢这个地方。
旁白 neutral
I really hoped we could have lived here."
我真心希望我们能住在这里。”
旁白 neutral
" You love it?" said Miss Patty
“你喜欢它?”帕蒂小姐说。
旁白 neutral
" I really do love it," Anne said." I've loved it ever since I first saw it last fall."
“我真的喜欢它,”安妮说。“自从去年秋天我第一次见到它,我就喜欢上它了。”
旁白 neutral
" You're not just saying that you ' love it'?
“你不会只是嘴上说‘喜欢它’吧?
旁白 neutral
Young people ' love ' everything these days," said Miss Patty
现在的年轻人什么都‘喜欢’,”帕蒂小姐说。
旁白 neutral
" No, I really adore this house. Priscilla and I walk by it often," Anne said
“不,我真的很喜爱这栋房子。普里西拉和我经常从这儿路过,”安妮说。
旁白 neutral
" If you love it, you can have it," said Miss Patty
“既然你喜欢它,那就租给你们吧,”帕蒂小姐说。
旁白 neutral
" I decided today that I wouldn't rent it because we didn't like any of the people who asked to rent it
“我今天决定不租了,是因为我们不喜欢之前来求租的人。
旁白 neutral
You are different. I believe you do love it and will take care of it."
你们不一样。我相信你们是真喜欢它,也会好好照看它的。”
旁白 neutral
" If... if we can afford the rent
“如果……如果我们能付得起租金的话。
旁白 neutral
We have a limited budget," said Anne meekly
我们的预算有限,”安妮温顺地说。
旁白 neutral
Miss Patty named the amount. Anne and Priscilla looked at each other, and Priscilla shook her head
帕蒂小姐报了个价。安妮和普里西拉对视了一下,普里西拉摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" I'm afraid we can't afford it," said Anne, choking back her disappointment." We're only students and we're poor."
“恐怕我们付不起,”安妮强忍着失望说道。“我们只是穷学生。”
旁白 neutral
" What can you afford?" asked Miss Patty. Anne named her amount and Miss Patty nodded
“你们能付多少钱?”帕蒂小姐问。安妮报出她们的数额,帕蒂小姐点了点头。
旁白 neutral
" That will do. You can move in
“可以。你们可以搬进来了。
旁白 neutral
We leave in two months, at the start of next term
我们两个月后离开,就在下学期开学的时候。
旁白 neutral
You don't object, I hope, to this house being called Patty's Place?"
我希望,你们不介意这房子叫帕蒂小屋吧?”
旁白 neutral
" No, that's one of the nicest things about it," Anne said, smiling
“不介意,这正是它最棒的地方之一,”安妮笑着说。
旁白 neutral
Patty's Place was theirs. At least one small dream had come true!
帕蒂小屋是她们的了。至少一个小小的梦想成真了!