Level 7 · 安妮
🎬

E30 · Episodes

030 新家与新朋友

新家与新朋友

Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 30 — 新家与新朋友.

72 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

As Anne and Priscilla headed toward their new home in Halifax, Priscilla's happy chatter cheered up Anne, helping her forget her homesickness

当安妮和普莉希拉前往她们在哈利法克斯的新家时,普莉希拉愉快的闲聊让安妮心情好转,帮她暂时忘记了思乡之情。

旁白 neutral

" The boardinghouse is a big, old-fashioned, stone house on St. John Street," said Priscilla

“那间寄宿公寓在圣约翰街上,是一栋老式的大石头房子,”普莉希拉说。

旁白 neutral

" Your bedroom is at the front and overlooks old St. John's graveyard."

“你的卧室在屋子正面,能俯瞰老圣约翰墓地。”

旁白 neutral

" That sounds gruesome," said Anne, shivering." I think I'd prefer a room at the back of the house."

“听起来怪可怕的,”安妮打了个寒颤,“我觉得我还是更喜欢屋子背面的房间。”

旁白 neutral

" No, you wouldn't," replied Priscilla." The graveyard is a lovely place, and besides, it's not used anymore

“不,你不会的,”普莉希拉回答,“那个墓地是个很可爱的地方,再说,那儿已经不再埋人了。

旁白 neutral

There are enormous trees and a big stone wall."

有特别高大的树,还有一面大石墙。”

旁白 neutral

Before Anne went to sleep in her new room that night, she went to the window and looked out

那晚,安妮在她的新房间里入睡前,走到窗边向外望去。

旁白 neutral

The moon was shining over the graveyard

月光正洒在那片墓地上。

旁白 neutral

" I suppose the same moon is shining down on Green Gables," she mused

“我想,这同一轮月亮,此刻也正照耀着绿山墙吧,”她若有所思地说。

旁白 neutral

" But I won't think about it. I'm not even going to have a good cry

“但我不去多想了。我甚至都不打算痛快地哭一场。

旁白 neutral

I'll be sensible and go straight to sleep!"

我还是明智点,直接睡吧!”

旁白 neutral

The next day Anne and Priscilla went to Redmond College and enrolled as students

第二天,安妮和普莉希拉去了雷德蒙德学院,注册成为了学生。

旁白 neutral

Gilbert and Charlie were nowhere to be seen

哪儿都没看见吉尔伯特和查理的身影。

旁白 neutral

" I never thought I'd be glad to see a Sloane," said Priscilla as they crossed the campus on the way home

“我从没想过我会因为看见斯隆家的人而高兴,”她们穿过校园回家时,普莉希拉说。

旁白 neutral

" But I'd welcome Charlie's goggle eyes almost ecstatically. At least they'd be familiar eyes."

“但我会近乎狂喜地欢迎查理那双瞪得大大的眼睛。至少那是一双熟悉的眼睛。”

旁白 neutral

" I know." Anne sighed." I feel as insignificant as a leaf in a forest here."

“我懂。”安妮叹了口气,“在这里,我感觉自己渺小得就像森林里的一片叶子。”

旁白 neutral

" Anne, did you notice the girl who stood alone all morning — the pretty one with the brown suit and pink hat?" Priscilla asked

“安妮,你注意到那个整个早上都独自站着的女孩了吗——就是那个穿棕色套装、戴粉色帽子,很漂亮的那个?”普莉希拉问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Anne." I noticed her particularly because she seemed as lonely and friendless as I felt

“注意到了,”安妮说,“我特别留意到她,因为她似乎和我感觉一样,孤零零的,没有朋友。

旁白 neutral

I had you, of course, but she had no one."

当然,我还有你,可她谁都没有。”

旁白 neutral

" She looked as though she wanted to approach us, but she did not," added Priscilla

“她看起来好像想接近我们,但没有这么做,”普莉希拉补充道。

旁白 neutral

After lunch Anne asked Priscilla if she wanted to take a stroll through St. John's graveyard

午饭后,安妮问普莉希拉想不想去圣约翰墓地散散步。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know that a graveyard is a very good place to go to cheer myself up, but it has such beautiful trees," said Anne

“我不知道墓地是不是个让人开心起来的好去处,但那儿的树美极了。”安妮说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll sit and shut my eyes and imagine I'm in the Avonlea woods."

“我要坐下来闭上眼,想象自己就在阿冯利的树林里。”

旁白 neutral

But as they strolled through the graveyard, Anne couldn't stop looking around

可当她们在墓地里漫步时,安妮还是忍不住四处张望。

旁白 neutral

She was fascinated by the old gravestones

那些古老的墓碑让她着了迷。

旁白 neutral

"'Here lies the body of Albert Crawford,'" Anne read from a worn, gray slab

“‘阿尔伯特·克劳福德长眠于此,’”安妮对着一块残破的灰色石板念道。

旁白 neutral

"'He was a brave officer, the best of husbands, the best of fathers, the best of friends

“‘他曾是一名勇敢的军官,最好的丈夫,最好的父亲,最好的朋友。

旁白 neutral

He died October 29, 1792, aged 84 years.'

他卒于1792年10月29日,享年84岁。’

旁白 neutral

He must have led an adventurous life, Priscilla!"

他这一生一定精彩极了,普莉希拉!”

旁白 neutral

" Look, Anne." Priscilla gestured toward the end of the path

“看,安妮。”普莉希拉指向小路的尽头。

旁白 neutral

" It's the girl we saw at Redmond College this morning! I've been watching her

“那就是今天早上我们在雷德蒙德学院见到的那个女孩!我一直在看着她。

旁白 neutral

She has started to walk toward us and then turned back at least five times!

她来来回回,朝我们走过来又退回去,至少五次了!

旁白 neutral

Maybe she's very shy. Let's go and meet her."

也许她非常害羞。我们去见见她吧。”

旁白 neutral

They walked toward the stranger, who was sitting under an enormous willow tree

她们朝那个陌生人走去,她正坐在一棵巨大的柳树下。

旁白 neutral

She was certainly very pretty, and still wore the fashionable brown suit and a pale pink hat with brown poppies

她的确很漂亮,依旧穿着那套时髦的棕色套装,戴着一顶浅粉色的帽子,帽子上缀着棕色的罂粟花。

旁白 neutral

Priscilla and Anne suddenly felt very self-conscious in their unfashionable clothes from the country

普莉希拉和安妮突然对自己的乡下朴素衣服感到十分局促。

旁白 neutral

For a moment both girls felt like turning back

一瞬间,两个女孩都想转身往回走。

旁白 neutral

But it was too late to retreat

可已经来不及退缩了。

旁白 neutral

The girl sprang up and came forward with an outstretched hand and a friendly smile

那女孩猛地站起来,上前伸出手,面带友善的微笑。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I've been dying to meet you girls

“喔,我一直特别想认识你们俩。

旁白 neutral

I saw you at Redmond this morning," she said eagerly

“我今天早上在雷德蒙德看到你们了,”她热切地说。

旁白 neutral

" Wasn't it awful there? I was wishing I had stayed home and gotten married instead!"

“那里是不是很糟糕?我真希望自己待在家里,干脆结婚算了!”

旁白 neutral

Anne and Priscilla both laughed at this surprising comment

安妮和普莉希拉都被这出人意料的评论逗笑了。

旁白 neutral

The brown-eyed girl laughed too." Come," she said." Let's sit down and get acquainted

棕眼女孩也笑了。“来吧,”她说,“我们坐下来认识一下。

旁白 neutral

I know we're going to be friends — I knew when I saw you at Redmond, and I wanted to come and say hello."

我知道我们会成为朋友的——我在雷德蒙德看到你们时就知道了,当时就想过来打个招呼。”

旁白 neutral

" Why didn't you?" asked Priscilla

“那你为什么没来呢?”普莉希拉问。

旁白 neutral

" Because I simply couldn't make up my mind," the girl said sorrowfully

“因为我就是下不定决心,”女孩难过地说。

旁白 neutral

" I can never make up my mind about anything."

“我对任何事情都从来拿不定主意。”

旁白 neutral

" We thought you were too shy," said Anne

“我们还以为你太害羞了,”安妮说。

旁白 neutral

" No, no. I'm not shy. My name's Philippa Gordon — Phil for short. Call me Phil."

“不,不,我不害羞。我叫菲莉帕·戈登——简称菲尔。叫我菲尔吧。”

旁白 neutral

" She's Priscilla Grant," said Anne, pointing

“这是普莉希拉·格兰特。”安妮指着她说。

旁白 neutral

" And she's Anne Shirley," said Priscilla, pointing in turn

“这是安妮·雪莉。”普莉希拉也指着安妮说。

旁白 neutral

" And we're from the island," said both together

“我们俩都来自岛上。”两人齐声说道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm from Bolingbroke, Nova Scotia," said Philippa

“我来自新斯科舍省的博林布鲁克。”菲莉帕说。

旁白 neutral

" Bolingbroke!" exclaimed Anne." That's where I was born."

“博林布鲁克!”安妮惊呼道,“我就出生在那儿。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, we're old neighbors, aren't we?" Phil laughed

“那我们算是老邻居啦,对吧?”菲尔笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know how you made up your mind to come to Redmond at all if you are really such an indecisive person," said Priscilla, amused

“既然你这么犹豫不决,我真想不通你是怎么下定决心来雷德蒙德的。”普莉希拉觉得有趣地说。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I didn't! My father wanted me to go to college

“哦,我根本没下决心!是我父亲想让我上大学。

旁白 neutral

I have heaps of brains," Phil chatted," but it's such hard work to use them

我脑子好使得很,”菲尔闲聊道,“不过,用脑可是件苦差事。

旁白 neutral

My mother wanted me to get married, but I'm too young!

我母亲想让我结婚,可我年纪太小了!

旁白 neutral

Besides, how could I ever decide which man to marry?"

再说了,我又怎么可能决定嫁给哪个男人呢?”

旁白 neutral

" Were there so many?" Anne laughed

“有那么多追求者吗?”安妮笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" Heaps. Boys like me a lot — they really do

“多着呢。男孩们都很喜欢我——真的。

旁白 neutral

But there were only two boys that mattered — Alec and Alonzo

但真正要紧的只有两个——亚历克和阿朗佐。

旁白 neutral

The rest were all too young or too poor."

剩下的不是太年轻,就是太穷了。”

旁白 neutral

" Do you love either of them?" asked Anne

“他们俩你爱哪一个吗?”安妮问。

旁白 neutral

" Oh no, I couldn't love anybody!" said Phil

“哦,不,我谁都不爱!”菲尔说。

旁白 neutral

" Being in love makes you a perfect slave, I think!

“我觉得,坠入爱河会让人彻底沦为奴隶!

旁白 neutral

I saw one handsome fellow this morning, though. His friend called him Gilbert."

不过,我今天早上看到个帅小伙,他朋友管他叫吉尔伯特。”

旁白 neutral

Anne felt a prick of annoyance and decided it was time to leave

安妮心头一阵不快,觉得该走了。

旁白 neutral

" Don't go yet!" Phil said." Let's meet tomorrow!"

“先别走!”菲尔说,“我们明天再见面吧!”

旁白 neutral

Anne and Priscilla could not resist Phil's cheerfulness and made plans to meet their first new friend again the next day

安妮和普莉希拉抵挡不住菲尔的热情,便约定第二天再和这位新朋友见面。