E25 · Episodes
025 可爱的拉文德小姐
可爱的拉文德小姐
Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 25 — 可爱的拉文德小姐.
69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
School closed for winter vacation, and when it reopened in February, Davy and Dora were new students in first grade
学校放了寒假,等到二月重新开学时,戴维和多拉成了一年级的新生。
旁白 neutral
" I think school is great fun," Davy told Marilla after his first day at school
“我觉得上学有趣极了,”戴维第一天放学后对玛丽拉说。
旁白 neutral
" You said I'd find it hard to sit still, and I did... but I can wriggle my legs under the desk, and that helps
“你说过我会觉得很难坐住不动,确实是这样……不过我可以在课桌下面扭扭腿,这能管点用。
旁白 neutral
Christopher Cotton drew a picture of Anne on his slate," Davy continued," and it was really ugly, so I told him I'd hit him at recess
克里斯托弗·科顿在他的写字板上画了安妮的像,”戴维接着说,“画得可难看了,所以我就告诉他,我要在课间休息时揍他。
旁白 neutral
Christopher said he wasn't scared of me, but he rubbed out Anne's name and put Barbara Shaw's instead."
克里斯托弗说他可不怕我,但他还是把安妮的名字擦掉,换成了芭芭拉·肖的名字。”
旁白 neutral
Marilla frowned. She wasn't pleased that Davy was making threats at school
玛丽拉皱起了眉头。戴维在学校里威胁人,这让她不太高兴。
旁白 neutral
" Well, at least he is making friends," she thought a moment later
“唉,至少他交到朋友了,”过了一会儿,她又想。
旁白 neutral
One Friday afternoon Diana and Anne met at Green Gables
一个星期五的下午,戴安娜和安妮在绿山墙碰面。
旁白 neutral
They had been invited to tea at Diana's cousin's house in Grafton and had decided to walk
她们受邀去格拉夫顿的戴安娜表亲家喝茶,并决定步行前往。
旁白 neutral
When they came to a fork in the road, they took the left road when they should have taken the right
当她们走到一个岔路口时,本应该走右边的路,却走到了左边那条。
旁白 neutral
Soon they were lost." Where are we?" exclaimed Diana
很快她们就迷路了。“我们在哪儿?”戴安娜喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, we must have taken a wrong turn," said Anne
“哦,我们肯定走错路了。”安妮说。
旁白 neutral
" We'll never get there by five o'clock — it's half past four now," said Diana with a despairing look at her watch
“我们绝对赶不上五点的约了——现在都四点半了。”戴安娜绝望地看了一眼手表。
旁白 neutral
" Let's keep going. I think there's a short cut ahead."
“继续走吧,我想前面有条近路。”
旁白 neutral
A few minutes later, the road forked again
几分钟后,路又分岔了。
旁白 neutral
" Which road do we take?" asked Diana anxiously
“我们走哪条路?”戴安娜焦急地问。
旁白 neutral
Anne shook her head." I don't know. There's a gate and a lane leading right into the woods
安妮摇了摇头。“我不知道。那儿有扇门,还有条小路直通树林。”
旁白 neutral
There must be a house at the end. Let's go there and inquire."
尽头一定有座房子。我们去那儿问问。”
旁白 neutral
" What a romantic old lane this is," said Diana
“这条古老的小巷真浪漫啊。”戴安娜说。
旁白 neutral
" It's like an enchanted forest," said Anne
“就像一座魔法森林。”安妮说。
旁白 neutral
Diana exclaimed," Oh, I know where we are now
戴安娜欢呼道:“哦,我知道这是哪儿了。
旁白 neutral
That is the little stone house where Miss Lavender Lewis lives."
那是拉文德·刘易斯小姐住的小石屋。”
旁白 neutral
" It's the sweetest, prettiest place I ever saw or imagined," said Anne with delight
“这是我见过或想象过的最甜美、最漂亮的地方。”安妮高兴地说。
旁白 neutral
" It looks like something from a storybook."
“它就像童话故事里才有的地方。”
旁白 neutral
The house was built of stone and was covered in ivy
那房子是用石头建成的,上面爬满了常春藤。
旁白 neutral
" It will be interesting to meet Miss Lewis," said Diana as they opened the gate into the garden." I've heard she is very peculiar."
“能见到刘易斯小姐一定很有意思,”她们推开花园门时,戴安娜说,“我听说她非常古怪。”
旁白 neutral
" She'll be interesting then," said Anne firmly
“那她一定很有趣,”安妮肯定地说。
旁白 neutral
" Peculiar people are always interesting at least!" They reached the front door and knocked
“古怪的人至少总是有趣的!”她们走到前门敲了敲门。
旁白 neutral
" She used to be engaged to Stephen Irving, Paul's father," Diana said." But they quarreled and parted."
“她曾经和保罗的爸爸斯蒂芬·欧文订过婚,”戴安娜说,“但他们吵架分手了。”
旁白 neutral
" Hush," warned Anne." The door is opening."
“嘘,”安妮提醒道,“门要开了。”
旁白 neutral
A girl of about 14 opened the door and showed them into the parlor
一个大约十四岁的女孩开了门,带她们进了客厅。
旁白 neutral
" Miss Lavender must be expecting company for tea," Anne whispered
“拉文德小姐一定在等客人来喝茶,”安妮小声说。
旁白 neutral
" There are six places set at the table."
“桌边摆了六个位置。”
旁白 neutral
Miss Lavender Lewis came in. She was a little lady with light hair and big brown eyes
拉文德·刘易斯小姐走了进来。她是一位身材娇小的女士,有着浅色头发和棕色的大眼睛。
旁白 neutral
" We wanted to ask the right way to Grafton," said Diana
“我们想问问去格拉夫顿的正确方向,”戴安娜说。
旁白 neutral
" We took the wrong path coming through the woods
“我们在穿过树林时走错了路。
旁白 neutral
Do we go left or right at your gate?"
到了您家门口,我们该往左还是往右?”
旁白 neutral
" Left," said Miss Lavender. Then she exclaimed," But, oh, won't you stay and have tea with me?
“往左,”拉文德小姐说。随即她提高声调道,“可是,哦,你们不愿留下来和我一起喝杯茶吗?
旁白 neutral
Please do! You'll get to Grafton too late, and Charlotte and I would love for you to stay."
请留下来吧!你们到格拉夫顿就太晚了,夏洛特和我会很乐意你们留下的。”
旁白 neutral
" We'd like to stay," said Anne promptly, for she wanted to get to know Miss Lavender better
“我们很乐意留下,”安妮立刻答道,因为她想更好地认识一下拉文德小姐。
旁白 neutral
" But you are expecting other guests, aren't you?"
“可是,你不是在等别的客人吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I know you'll think I'm silly," she said." I am silly. I'm not expecting anybody. I was just pretending
“我知道你会觉得我很傻,”她说。“我就是傻。我没在等任何人。我只是在假装。”
旁白 neutral
You see, I was so lonely and I love company, but few people ever come here because it is so far out of the way. Charlotte was lonely too
你看,我太孤单了,又很喜欢有人陪伴,但很少有人来这儿,因为太偏僻了。夏洛特也很孤单。
旁白 neutral
So I baked a cake and got dressed up, but we were just pretending."
所以我就烤了个蛋糕,打扮了一番,但我们只是在假扮而已。”
旁白 neutral
Diana secretly thought Miss Lavender was just as peculiar as she had heard
戴安娜私下觉得,拉文德小姐果然如传言中那样古怪。
旁白 neutral
A woman of 45 pretending to have a tea party, as if she was a little girl!
一个45岁的女人,假装开茶会,好像自己是个小女孩似的!
旁白 neutral
But Anne exclaimed joyfully," Oh, do you imagine things too?"
但安妮欣喜地喊道:“哦,你也会想象事情吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, I do," Miss Lavender confessed boldly
“是的,我会,”拉文德小姐坦然地承认。
旁白 neutral
" Of course it's silly, but being silly doesn't hurt anybody, and it's fun!
“这当然很傻,但犯傻又不伤人,还很有趣呢!
旁白 neutral
Now, let's sit down and eat everything!" she went on
好了,我们坐下吧,把所有东西都吃掉!”她接着说。
旁白 neutral
And then they all had a lovely afternoon tea
然后,她们一起享用了一顿美好的下午茶。
旁白 neutral
As it grew dark, it became time for Anne and Diana to leave
天色渐暗,安妮和戴安娜该离开了。
旁白 neutral
" You will come again?" Miss Lavender asked
“你们还会再来吗?”拉文德小姐问道。
旁白 neutral
" Of course!" Anne exclaimed and smiled. She had decided Miss Lavender was a kindred spirit
“当然!”安妮笑着大声说。她已认定拉文德小姐是志趣相投的人。
旁白 neutral
As Anne and Diana left, they thanked Miss Lavender
安妮和戴安娜离开时,向拉文德小姐道了谢。
旁白 neutral
" Paul Irving would love it here!" Anne said quietly to herself
“保罗·欧文一定会喜欢这里的!”安妮轻声自语。
旁白 neutral
" Paul Irving?" Miss Lavender asked. There was a subtle change in her face, and her voice sounded a little different
“保罗·欧文?”拉文德小姐问道。她的脸色有了一丝微妙的变化,声音听起来也稍有不同。
旁白 neutral
" Who is he? I don't know anybody of that name in Avonlea."
“他是谁?我在埃文利不认识叫这个名字的人。”
旁白 neutral
Anne was annoyed that she had accidentally mentioned Paul Irving's name
安妮为自己不小心提起保罗·欧文的名字而感到懊恼。
旁白 neutral
She had forgotten about Miss Lavender's old romance with Paul's father
她忘了拉文德小姐和保罗父亲之间的那段旧情。
旁白 neutral
" He is a student of mine," said Anne
“他是我的一个学生,”安妮说。
旁白 neutral
" He moved from Boston to Avonlea this year to live with his grandmother."
“他今年从波士顿搬来埃文利,和他的祖母一起生活。”
旁白 neutral
" Is he Stephen Irving's son?" Miss Lavender asked
“他是斯蒂芬·欧文的儿子吗?”拉文德小姐问。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, he is," Anne answered
“是的,”安妮回答。
旁白 neutral
" Here's some lavender," said Miss Lavender brightly, as if she had not heard the answer to her question
“给你些薰衣草,”拉文德小姐轻快地说,仿佛没听到安妮的回答。
旁白 neutral
" Father named me Lavender because he was so fond of it."
“爸爸给我取名拉文德,是因为他太喜欢薰衣草了。”
旁白 neutral
Anne and Diana waved good-bye and left
安妮和戴安娜挥手告别,离开了。
旁白 neutral
Diana said," She seems a little lonely. We must come and visit her."
戴安娜说:“她看起来有点孤单。我们一定得再来拜访她。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes!" Anne said." Her parents named her well — sweet Miss Lavender."
“是啊!”安妮说。“她父母给她取的名字真好——可爱的拉文德小姐。”