E05 · Episodes
005 林德太太吓坏了
林德太太吓坏了
Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 5 — 林德太太吓坏了.
95 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Two weeks had passed since Anne arrived at Green Gables
安妮来到绿山墙已经有整整两个星期了。
旁白 neutral
She had been very busy, acquainting herself with every tree, shrub, and plant
她一直很忙,忙着去认识每一棵树、每一丛灌木和每一株花草。
旁白 neutral
After her discoveries Anne would run home and tell Matthew and Marilla
每次有了新发现,安妮就会跑回家,讲给马修和玛瑞拉听。
旁白 neutral
Matthew listened to it all with a smile of enjoyment on his face
马修总是面带愉快的微笑,听她讲这一切。
旁白 neutral
Marilla listened until she found herself becoming too interested in Anne's adventures, and then she told Anne to be quiet
玛瑞拉会听着,直到发现自己对安妮的冒险过于感兴趣时,她就会让安妮安静下来。
旁白 neutral
Anne was in the orchard one day when the busybody Mrs. Lynde arrived to inspect her
一天,安妮正在果园里,那个爱管闲事的林德太太来了,想来看看她。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Lynde said to Marilla," I've heard all about your orphan
林德太太对玛瑞拉说:“你收养孤儿的事,我全听说了。
旁白 neutral
It's too bad there was a mistake. Can't you send her back?"
搞错了真是太糟糕了。你们不能把她送回去吗?”
旁白 neutral
" We could, but we decided not to
“我们可以,但我们决定不这么做。
旁白 neutral
Matthew liked her, and I must say, I like her too, though she's not perfect
马修喜欢她,而且我必须说,我也挺喜欢她的,尽管她并不完美。
旁白 neutral
The house is a different place already. She's a bright little thing."
这房子已经变了样。她是个聪明的小家伙。
旁白 neutral
" You have no experience with children, Marilla," Mrs. Lynde said," and you can't guess how she'll be
“你没有带孩子的经验,玛瑞拉,”林德太太说,“你猜不到她将来会变成什么样。
旁白 neutral
I just hope the situation will be all right."
我只希望这事儿最后能好好的。”
旁白 neutral
" I'm not discouraged," was Marilla's dry response
“我没灰心。”玛瑞拉干巴巴地回答。
旁白 neutral
" I suppose you'd like to see Anne. I'll call her."
“我想你大概想见见安妮。我去叫她。”
旁白 neutral
Anne ran in with her face flushed from her adventures in the orchard
安妮跑了进来,因为在果园里探险,脸涨得通红。
旁白 neutral
But the presence of a stranger was unexpected, and Anne was suddenly shy. She stood near the door
但没想到有陌生人在场,安妮一下子害羞起来。她站在门边。
旁白 neutral
Anne certainly was an odd-looking girl
安妮确实是个相貌古怪的女孩。
旁白 neutral
She wore the old, ill-fitting dress from the orphanage, and her hair was messy from running around
她穿着孤儿院那件不合身的旧裙子,因为到处跑,头发也乱糟糟的。
旁白 neutral
" They didn't choose you for your looks, that's for sure!" began Mrs. Lynde
“他们肯定不是冲你的长相挑的你!”林德太太开口说道。
旁白 neutral
" She's very skinny and plain, Marilla. Come here, child, and let me look at you
她太瘦了,长得也一般,玛瑞拉。过来,孩子,让我瞧瞧你。
旁白 neutral
How many freckles does she have? And hair as red as carrots! Come closer, child."
她长了多少雀斑?头发红得像胡萝卜!再走近点,孩子。
旁白 neutral
Anne came closer but not exactly in the manner that Mrs. Lynde expected
安妮走了过来,但完全不是林德太太预想的样子。
旁白 neutral
With one jump Anne stood in front of Mrs. Lynde
安妮猛地一跳,站到了林德太太面前。
旁白 neutral
Anne's face was red with anger, and she trembled from head to toe
安妮气得满脸通红,从头到脚都在发抖。
旁白 neutral
" I hate you," she said angrily, stamping her foot on the floor
“我讨厌你,”她生气地说,跺着脚。
旁白 neutral
" I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"
“我讨厌你,我讨厌你,我讨厌你!”
旁白 neutral
She stamped louder each time she spoke
她每说一句,跺脚声就更响。
旁白 neutral
" How dare you call me ugly and skinny?
你怎么敢说我丑、说我瘦?
旁白 neutral
How dare you say I have freckles and red hair? You are a rude, unfeeling woman!"
你怎么敢说我有雀斑和红头发?你真是个粗鲁、无情的女人!
旁白 neutral
" Anne!" Marilla gasped
“安妮!”玛瑞拉倒吸一口气。
旁白 neutral
But Anne was not daunted and continued to face Mrs. Lynde with her head up and her eyes furious
但安妮毫不畏惧,昂着头继续怒视林德太太。
旁白 neutral
" How dare you say such things about me?" she cried in a choked voice
“你怎么敢这样说我!”她用哽咽的声音喊道。
旁白 neutral
" How would you like to be told you are fat and clumsy and probably don't have any imagination?
“要是别人说你又胖又笨、大概没什么想象力,你会怎么想?
旁白 neutral
I hope I hurt your feelings. I will never forgive you, never, never!" Stamp, stamp!
我就希望伤你的心!我永远不会原谅你,永远,永远!”跺脚,跺脚!
旁白 neutral
" Did you ever see such a terrible temper!" exclaimed the horrified Mrs. Lynde
“你见过这么坏的脾气吗!”吓坏了的林德太太嚷道。
旁白 neutral
" Anne, go to your room and stay there until I come up!" Marilla said, recovering her powers of speech with some difficulty
“安妮,回你房间去,待到我上来!”玛瑞拉费力地回过神来,说道。
旁白 neutral
Anne burst into tears, ran through the hall, up the stairs, and slammed the bedroom door
安妮放声大哭,冲过走廊,跑上楼,砰的一声摔上卧室门。
旁白 neutral
" Well, good luck with her," said Mrs. Lynde
“好吧,祝你好运,带好这孩子。”林德太太说。
旁白 neutral
" You shouldn't have said those things about her, Rachel," Marilla said
“瑞秋,你不该那样说她。”玛瑞拉说。
旁白 neutral
" What?" said Mrs. Lynde." Whose side are you on, Marilla?"
“什么?”林德太太说,“你到底站在谁那边,玛瑞拉?”
旁白 neutral
" I'm not trying to excuse her," said Marilla slowly
“我不是在为她找借口,”玛瑞拉缓缓地说。
旁白 neutral
" She was very naughty. But nobody has taught Anne what is right
“她非常淘气。但从来没有人教过安妮什么是对的。
旁白 neutral
And you did say too much, Rachel."
而且你确实说得太过分了,雷切尔。”
旁白 neutral
" I will be very careful when I visit again, Marilla
“我下次再来拜访时,会非常小心的,玛瑞拉。
旁白 neutral
An orphan is more important than I am, that's clear!" said Mrs. Lynde and walked out the door in a huff
一个孤儿比我更重要,这很明显!”林德太太说完,气冲冲地走出门去。
旁白 neutral
Marilla went upstairs, where she found Anne face-down on the bed, crying." Anne," said Marilla
玛瑞拉上了楼,发现安妮脸朝下趴在床上哭泣。“安妮,”玛瑞拉说。
旁白 neutral
There was no answer." Anne," Marilla said louder
没有回应。“安妮,”玛瑞拉提高了声音。
旁白 neutral
" Get off the bed and listen now!"
“从床上下来,现在听我说!”
旁白 neutral
Anne sat up and looked at the floor
安妮坐起身,看着地板。
旁白 neutral
" Mrs. Lynde will certainly have a nice story about you to tell everyone," Marilla went on
“林德太太这下可有了一个大新闻,肯定会到处跟人讲你的事。”玛瑞拉接着说。
旁白 neutral
" You must go and say sorry to Mrs. Lynde. You must ask her to forgive you."
“你必须去跟林德太太道歉。必须请求她原谅你。”
旁白 neutral
" I can never say sorry," said Anne." You can punish me, Marilla
“我绝不可能道歉。”安妮说,“你可以惩罚我,玛瑞拉。
旁白 neutral
You can put me in a deep, dark dungeon with snakes and feed me bread and water. I will not say sorry."
你可以把我关在一个又深又黑、里面还有蛇的地牢里,只给我面包和水。但我绝不会道歉。”
旁白 neutral
" There aren't any dungeons in Avonlea. But you will stay in your room until you say sorry to Mrs. Lynde."
“埃文利可没有什么地牢。但你必须待在自己房间里,直到你愿意向林德太太道歉为止。”
旁白 neutral
" Then I will stay here forever," Anne replied
“那我就永远待在这儿。”安妮回答。
旁白 neutral
" I am not sorry. I am happy I said those things!"
“我一点都不后悔。我很高兴我说了那些话!”
旁白 neutral
At that, Marilla left the room. Downstairs, Marilla told Matthew the story, impressing upon him the seriousness of Anne's misbehavior
听到这儿,玛瑞拉离开了房间。到了楼下,玛瑞拉把整件事告诉了马修,再三强调安妮的行为有多么严重。
旁白 neutral
" Mrs. Lynde is an old gossip!" Matthew retorted
“林德太太就是个老长舌妇!”马修反驳道。
旁白 neutral
" Matthew! I'm astonished! Don't you think Anne should be punished?" Marilla asked
“马修!我真吃惊!难道你不觉得安妮应该受罚吗?”玛瑞拉问道。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, of course," Matthew answered." But not too much
“嗯,那当然,”马修回答,“但别太严厉了。”
旁白 neutral
You will give her something to eat while she stays in her room?"
她待在房间里的时候,你会给她送点吃的吧?”
旁白 neutral
" When do I starve people, Matthew?" said Marilla angrily." Matthew was no help," she thought
“我什么时候让人饿过肚子,马修?”玛瑞拉生气地说。她心想:“马修一点忙也帮不上。”
旁白 neutral
Marilla brought breakfast, lunch, and dinner to Anne's bedroom
玛瑞拉把早餐、午餐和晚餐都送到了安妮的卧室。
旁白 neutral
Anne still did not want to say sorry
安妮还是不愿意道歉。
旁白 neutral
Matthew crept upstairs and went to her room." Anne," he whispered," how are you?"
马修蹑手蹑脚地上了楼,来到她的房间。“安妮,”他轻声问道,“你还好吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I'm all right. It is lonely, though."
“我还好。不过,挺孤单的。”
旁白 neutral
Anne smiled sadly, thinking of the many years she would stay in the room
安妮苦笑了一下,想着自己要在这房间里待上好多年。
旁白 neutral
" Anne, how about you say sorry soon?" Matthew whispered again
“安妮,你早点道歉好不好?”马修又轻声说道。
旁白 neutral
" Well, I am sorry now," Anne admitted." But I can't tell Mrs. Lynde
“嗯,我现在是感到抱歉了,”安妮承认道,“但我没法跟林德太太说出口。
旁白 neutral
It would be so humiliating. But I will do anything for you, if you really want me to."
“这太丢人了。但如果你真的想让我这么做,我愿意为你做任何事。”
旁白 neutral
" Of course I want you to say sorry. It's too quiet without you, Anne
“我当然想让你道歉。没有你,这儿太安静了,安妮。
旁白 neutral
Just go and say sorry, there's a good girl."
去道个歉吧,好姑娘。”
旁白 neutral
" Very well," said Anne
“好吧,”安妮说。
旁白 neutral
" But don't tell Marilla I asked you."
“不过别告诉玛瑞拉是我让你道歉的。”
旁白 neutral
" I won't," said Anne. Matthew left, surprised by his success
“我不会说的,”安妮说。马修离开了,对自己说服成功感到意外。
旁白 neutral
Then Anne leaned over the stair banisters." Marilla, I'm ready to say sorry."
随后安妮靠在楼梯栏杆上。“玛瑞拉,我准备好道歉了。”
旁白 neutral
Anne and Marilla went to Mrs. Lynde's house
安妮和玛瑞拉去了林德太太家。
旁白 neutral
As they walked, Anne did not look sorry. In fact, she looked very happy
路上,安妮看起来一点儿也不愧疚。实际上,她显得非常开心。
旁白 neutral
" What are you thinking, Anne?" Marilla asked
“你在想什么,安妮?”玛瑞拉问道。
旁白 neutral
" I'm thinking of what to say to Mrs. Lynde," Anne said
“我在想该对林德太太说些什么,”安妮说。
旁白 neutral
Marilla was suspicious but said nothing
玛瑞拉有些怀疑,但什么都没说。
旁白 neutral
As usual, Mrs. Lynde sat at the kitchen window, watching everything that went on outside the house
像往常一样,林德太太坐在厨房窗前,注视着屋外发生的一切。
旁白 neutral
Anne suddenly kneeled in front of the surprised Mrs. Lynde and spoke
安妮突然跪在惊讶的林德太太面前,开口说道:
旁白 neutral
" Oh, Mrs. Lynde, I am so, so sorry
“噢,林德太太,我真是非常非常抱歉。
旁白 neutral
There are not enough words in the dictionary to say how sorry I am
字典里都找不到足够的话来表达我的歉意。
旁白 neutral
What you said was true: my hair is red, and I'm freckled and skinny and ugly
您说的一点不假:我头发是红的,满脸雀斑,又瘦又丑。
旁白 neutral
What I said was true too, but I shouldn't have said it. Please, please, please forgive me."
我说的话也是事实,但我不该说出口。求求您,求求您,求求您原谅我。”
旁白 neutral
There was no doubt Anne was sincere
毫无疑问,安妮是真心实意的。
旁白 neutral
But unlike Marilla, Mrs. Lynde did not realize that Anne was also having fun
但与玛瑞拉不同,林德太太没有察觉到安妮其实也在享受这个过程。
旁白 neutral
It was very dramatic, and Anne loved drama
这场面充满了戏剧性,而安妮就喜欢戏剧性的东西。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Lynde just said," Get up, child. Of course I forgive you
林德太太只是说:“起来吧,孩子。我当然原谅你。
旁白 neutral
Your hair is a terrible color, but maybe it will change when you grow up."
你的头发颜色太糟糕了,不过等你长大些也许就变了。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh, thank you, Mrs. Lynde," Anne said." You give me hope!"
“哦,谢谢您,林德太太,”安妮说,“您给了我希望!”
旁白 neutral
With that, Mrs. Lynde was satisfied
这么一来,林德太太心满意足了。