E26 · Episodes
026 伊斯莱尔·汉兹
伊斯莱尔·汉兹
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 26 — 伊斯莱尔·汉兹.
66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The wind was favorable, and we arrived at North Inlet early
风势有利,我们早早到了北湾。
旁白 neutral
" Captain," Israel Hands said after a while, smiling uncomfortably," look at my old shipmate here."
“船长,”过了一会儿,伊斯莱尔·汉兹不自然地笑着说,“看看我这位老船友吧。”
旁白 neutral
He pointed to his dead companion." Let's heave him overboard."
他指着死去的同伴说:“我们把他扔下海吧。”
旁白 neutral
" I'm not strong enough," I said
“我力气不够,”我说。
旁白 neutral
" Ah, this ship is an unlucky ship, Jim," Hands said." Many men have died on the Hispaniola
“唉,这船是条倒霉的船,吉姆,”汉兹说,“伊斯帕尼奥拉号上死了好多人。”
旁白 neutral
Do you believe that a ship can be cursed?"
“你相信船会被诅咒吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I don't know, Mr. Hands," I replied." But I do believe that the men sailing her can be, especially when they plan to murder their captain."
“我不知道,汉兹先生,”我答道,“但我确实相信,驾驭她的人会遭报应,尤其是他们密谋杀害船长的时候。”
旁白 neutral
" Now, Jim, don't go on about that," said the pirate
“好了,吉姆,别提那个了,”那海盗说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm a sick man and can't do you any harm." Then he rubbed his nose
“我病着,伤不了你。”说完他揉了揉鼻子。
旁白 neutral
" Um, Jim, would you mind getting me a bottle of wine? This brandy's too strong."
“呃,吉姆,麻烦你给我拿瓶葡萄酒好吗?这白兰地太烈了。”
旁白 neutral
" He's lying," I thought." And he's planning something."
“他在撒谎,”我想,“他一定在盘算着什么。”
旁白 neutral
Israel Hands smiled, looking guilty and embarrassed
伊斯莱尔·汉兹笑了笑,表情既愧疚又尴尬。
旁白 neutral
" Some wine?" I said, playing along." White or red?"
“来点酒?”我假装配合地说,“白的还是红的?”
旁白 neutral
" It doesn't matter to me," he grunted
“我无所谓,”他咕哝着说。
旁白 neutral
" As long as it's strong, and there's plenty of it."
“只要劲儿大,量又足就行。”
旁白 neutral
" I'll get you some, Mr. Hands," I told him." But I'll have to hunt for it."
“我去给您拿,汉兹先生,”我对他说,“不过我得找找看。”
旁白 neutral
I noisily ran downstairs, and then I took off my shoes
我故意噔噔噔跑下楼梯,然后脱掉了鞋子。
旁白 neutral
Running quietly to another part of the ship, I climbed a ladder and peeked out at the top deck to get a good view of the wounded pirate
我悄悄跑到船的另一处,爬上一道梯子,探出头去,好把那受伤的海盗看个清楚。
旁白 neutral
" I knew I couldn't trust him," I muttered, as I watched him get on his hands and knees and crawl across the deck
“我早就知道不能信他,”我喃喃自语,看着他用双手双膝撑着,在甲板上爬行。
旁白 neutral
He picked a dagger out of a coil of rope and concealed it in his jacket
他从一盘绳索里抽出一把匕首,藏进了外套里。
旁白 neutral
Then he quickly crawled back to his old place
随后他飞快地爬回了原来的地方。
旁白 neutral
" He's armed," I thought," and I'm to be his next victim!"
“他带了武器,”我想,“而我,就是他下一个刀下鬼!”
旁白 neutral
I went back to the cabin, put on my shoes, grabbed a bottle of wine, and went back up on the deck
我回到船舱,穿上鞋子,抓起一瓶酒,又回到了甲板上。
旁白 neutral
The pirate lay as I'd left him. His eyes were half closed, as if he felt weak, but he opened the bottle easily
那海盗还像我离开时那样躺着。他双眼半睁半闭,好像很虚弱的样子,但他轻松地打开了瓶塞。
旁白 neutral
" Here's to luck!" he said and gulped the wine. Then the pirate sighed
“为好运干杯!”他说着,把酒一饮而尽。然后,那海盗叹了口气。
旁白 neutral
" I have no strength. Every breath may be my last, lad."
“我丁点儿力气都没了。我可能随时会咽气,小子。”
旁白 neutral
" If you're so ill," I said," you should start praying for God to have mercy on you."
“你要是病得这么重,”我说,“就该开始祈祷,求上帝怜悯你了。”
旁白 neutral
" For thirty years," said Israel Hands," I've sailed the seas and seen good and bad, but I've never seen good come from goodness yet
“三十年来,”伊斯莱尔·汉兹说,“我在海上闯荡,见过好的,也见过坏的,可我从来没见过好人有好报。
旁白 neutral
Whoever strikes first wins. Dead men don't bite. Those are my views — amen."
先下手为强。死人不会反咬。这就是我的信条——阿门。”
旁白 neutral
Suddenly his tone changed." That's enough of this nonsense," he declared
突然,他语气一变。“瞎扯够了吧,”他大声说道。
旁白 neutral
" The tide's low enough. Take my orders, Captain Hawkins, and we'll sail in and be done with it."
潮水够低了。听我命令,霍金斯船长,我们驶进去就能完事了。
旁白 neutral
Navigation was delicate and tricky, but Israel Hands was an excellent pilot
导航需要小心谨慎,但伊斯莱尔·汉兹是个出色的舵手。
旁白 neutral
" We'll beach her there." He pointed." It's fine, flat sand, no wind, with trees all around. Get ready now, boy
“我们在那儿让她搁浅。”他指着说。“那里是平整的沙地,没风,四周有树。准备好,小子。”
旁白 neutral
We're near the beach. Steer right a little — steady — right — steady — steady!
我们快到沙滩了。往右打一点——稳着——右——稳着——稳着!
旁白 neutral
Now, my lad," he commanded," sail the bow into the wind!"
“现在,小伙子,”他命令道,“让船头迎风!”
旁白 neutral
I swung the Hispaniola around rapidly and pointed her bow toward the wooded shore
我迅速调转伊斯帕尼奥拉号,让船头对准树木茂盛的海岸。
旁白 neutral
I was so busy I'd almost forgotten my danger, but a sudden uneasiness seized me and I turned my head
我忙得几乎忘了危险,但一阵突然的不安攫住了我,我转过头去。
旁白 neutral
Mr. Hands was coming at me, with the dagger in his right hand
汉兹先生正向我冲来,右手握着匕首。
旁白 neutral
I screamed, and he roared like a charging bull as he jumped toward me
我尖叫起来,他像冲锋的公牛一样大吼着扑向我。
旁白 neutral
I leaped away, letting go of the wheel, which struck him sharply across the chest
我跳开了,松开了舵轮,舵轮狠狠地撞在他的胸口上。
旁白 neutral
I ran to the main mast, drew a pistol from my pocket, and took aim
我跑到主桅杆,从口袋里掏出一把手枪,瞄准。
旁白 neutral
I pulled the trigger, but nothing happened
我扣动扳机,但什么也没发生。
旁白 neutral
" The gunpowder's wet!" I cursed
“火药湿了!”我咒骂道。
旁白 neutral
" Not your lucky day, Jim," laughed the pirate
“今天不是你的幸运日,吉姆,”海盗笑道。
旁白 neutral
Though wounded, Hands moved fast. Using the main mast as a shield, I waited, every nerve tingling
尽管受了伤,汉兹动作很快。我以主桅杆为挡箭牌,等待着,每根神经都绷得紧紧的。
旁白 neutral
He came at me from one side of the mast and then the other as I dodged back and forth
他从桅杆这边向我扑来,又转到那边,我则来回躲闪。
旁白 neutral
Just then, the Hispaniola struck the beach, shuddered, and tipped to one side, until the deck stood at a 45-degree angle
就在这时,伊斯帕尼奥拉号撞上沙滩,一阵颤动,倾斜向一边,直到甲板呈45度角。
旁白 neutral
Both of us fell over, rolling almost together, with the body of Red Cap tumbling after us
我们俩都摔倒了,几乎滚在一起,红帽的尸体也跟着翻了过来。
旁白 neutral
I got up first, but I had no place to run, so I sprang up onto the rigging, climbing hand over hand
我先站起身,但无处可逃,便纵身跳上索具,双手交替向上攀爬。
旁白 neutral
" Your luck has run out, Jim!" yelled Hands as he threw the dagger at me
“你的好运到头了,吉姆!”汉兹喊道,将匕首向我掷来。
旁白 neutral
It missed, but I didn't stop to breathe until I reached the crosspiece on the mast
没击中,但我直到爬上桅杆的横桁才停下来喘气。
旁白 neutral
I quickly changed the gunpowder in one pistol and started to reload the other
我迅速更换了一把枪里的火药,并开始装填另一把。
旁白 neutral
Israel Hands pulled himself into the ropes with a groan, retrieved the dagger, and put it between his teeth
伊斯莱尔·汉兹呻吟着把自己拖进绳索里,捡回匕首,用牙齿咬住。
旁白 neutral
Then, slowly and painfully, he began to climb
然后,缓慢而痛苦地开始向上爬。
旁白 neutral
I finished reloading when he was about a third of the way up
他爬了大约三分之一时,我刚好重新装填完毕。
旁白 neutral
With a pistol in each hand, I shouted," One more step, Mr. Hands, and I'll blow your brains out!
我双手各持一把枪,喊道:“再走一步,汉兹先生,我就打爆你的脑袋!
旁白 neutral
Dead men don't bite, you know," I added with a chuckle
死人不会咬人,你知道的,”我笑着补充道。
旁白 neutral
His eyebrows rose and he stopped
他眉毛一扬,停了下来。
旁白 neutral
" Ha-ha!" I laughed
“哈哈!”我笑了起来。
旁白 neutral
The pirate took the dagger from his mouth." Jim," he said," I reckon we'll have to make a deal
海盗从嘴里取下匕首。“吉姆,”他说,“看来我们得做个交易了。
旁白 neutral
I'd have killed you if that ship hadn't beached just then. Bad luck for me again!"
要不是刚才船搁浅了,我早就杀了你。又是我运气不好!”
旁白 neutral
As he spoke, his right hand went back over his shoulder
他一边说,右手一边绕到了肩膀后面。
旁白 neutral
Then something sang like an arrow through the air, and I felt a blow and then a sharp sting
接着,有什么东西像箭一样呼啸着划过空中,我先感到一击,继而一阵剧痛。
旁白 neutral
He had pinned my shoulder to the mast with his dagger!
他用匕首把我的肩膀钉在了桅杆上!
旁白 neutral
In the horrible pain and surprise of the moment — and without my intention — both my pistols went off and fell from my hands
在那突如其来的剧痛和震惊中——而且非我本意——我的两把枪都走了火,从手中掉落。
旁白 neutral
They didn't fall alone. With a choked cry, Israel Hands fell off the ropes and plunged headfirst into the water
它们不是独自掉落的。随着一声哽咽的叫喊,伊斯莱尔·汉兹从绳索上摔下,头朝下栽入水中。