E13 · Episodes
013 我的上岸冒险
我的上岸冒险
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 13 — 我的上岸冒险.
61 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
When I came on deck the next morning, the island looked entirely different, a bit colorless and sad
第二天早上我来到甲板上,岛屿看起来完全不同了,有点暗淡和忧伤。
旁白 neutral
The trees, which covered most of the surface, looked gray, with only streaks of yellow beach sand breaking up the dreariness
覆盖大部分地表的树木显得灰蒙蒙的,只有一道道黄色沙滩偶尔打破沉闷。
旁白 neutral
The three hills were oddly shaped spires of naked rock above the tall, dark pines and low trees
三座山丘形状奇特,像是裸露岩石形成的尖顶,高耸在高大的深色松树和矮树之上。
旁白 neutral
The Spyglass towered about four hundred feet above everything else, with sheer stone sides and a top that seemed flat enough to be a statue's pedestal
望远镜山高出其他一切约四百英尺,岩壁陡峭,山顶平坦得像一座雕像的基座。
旁白 neutral
There was no wind, so we were stopped in the ocean, about half a mile from the coast
没有风,我们停在了海上,离海岸大约半英里。
旁白 neutral
Water rolled across the Hispaniola's deck from the rough waves
汹涌的海浪使海水泼溅到伊斯帕尼奥拉号的甲板上,
旁白 neutral
and as the rudder banged to and fro, the whole ship creaked and groaned like some kind of factory
舵来回撞击,整艘船吱嘎作响,像工厂一样呻吟着。
旁白 neutral
Though I was a decent sailor when we were moving forward, being rolled about on deck like a bottle in the muggy heat made me seasick
虽然船前进时我算是个不错的水手,但在闷热的天气里像瓶子一样在甲板上滚来滚去,还是让我晕船了。
旁白 neutral
From the first look, I hated the very thought of Treasure Island
从第一眼看到它起,我就对宝藏岛这个念头充满了厌恶。
旁白 neutral
" We'll have a miserable morning's work," Job told me
“我们今天上午的活儿会很惨,”乔布对我说。
旁白 neutral
" We have to tow the ship with ropes for three miles to the haven behind Skeleton Island."
“我们得用绳索把船拖三英里,到骷髅岛后面的避风港。”
旁白 neutral
" I'll help," I volunteered
“我帮忙,”我自告奋勇。
旁白 neutral
Job commanded my boat. Instead of keeping the crew calm, he grumbled the loudest
乔布指挥着我这条小船。他没让船员保持冷静,反而抱怨得最大声。
旁白 neutral
" Well, this misery won't last forever," he said, then spat
“唉,这苦日子不会永远持续下去的,”他说着,啐了一口。
旁白 neutral
I thought his behavior was a very bad sign
我觉得他的行为是个非常不好的兆头。
旁白 neutral
Up until now, the men had worked willingly, but once we sighted the island, they lost all discipline
在此之前,水手们都还很情愿干活,可一望见那座岛,他们就全没了纪律。
旁白 neutral
While we towed the ship, Long John gave directions to the steersman, because he knew the area well
我们拖船的时候,朗·约翰给舵手指引方向,因为他很熟悉这片水域。
旁白 neutral
" Move quickly through here with the tide," he said
“趁着潮水,快些通过这里,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" The sea bottom is deep enough here to let a ship pass through easily."
“这儿的海底够深,船很容易就能通过。”
旁白 neutral
We dropped anchor at the spot where someone had drawn an anchor on the chart
我们在航海图上有人画了个锚的地方抛了锚,
旁白 neutral
about a third of a mile from each shore — the main island on one side and Skeleton Island on the other
离两边的海岸都大约三分之一英里——一边是主岛,另一边是骷髅岛。
旁白 neutral
The stagnant smell of sodden leaves and rotting tree trunks hung over everything
浸湿的树叶和腐烂的树干散发出滞闷的气味,笼罩着一切。
旁白 neutral
" I don't know about treasure," the doctor said to the squire and the captain as he sniffed the air," but I'll bet there's fever here."
“我不知道有没有宝藏,”医生嗅了嗅空气,对乡绅和船长说,“但我敢打赌,这里一定有热病。”
旁白 neutral
" Coil the ropes," the captain ordered as the men scrambled back on deck
“把绳子盘好。”当水手们手忙脚乱地回到甲板上时,船长命令道。
旁白 neutral
The men gave him hostile looks and angrily obeyed
水手们投来敌意的目光,愤愤不平地服从了。
旁白 neutral
" Resentment is spreading to the honest men too," the doctor observed." The entire crew is surly."
“不满也蔓延到那些老实人身上了,”医生观察着说,“全体船员都怒气冲冲。”
旁白 neutral
" Mutiny hangs over us like a thundercloud," the squire whispered back
“叛乱就像乌云一样笼罩着我们。”乡绅低声回应。
旁白 neutral
Long John, aware of the discontent, forced a smile onto his face and kept it there
朗·约翰察觉到了这种不满,强作笑容挂在脸上,并一直保持着。
旁白 neutral
He went about the ship setting a good example for the men, encouraging them to behave like real sailors
他在船上来回走动,给水手们树立好榜样,鼓励他们表现得像真正的水手。
旁白 neutral
When the captain gave an order, Long John quickly got up with the cheeriest " Aye, aye, sir!"
每当船长下达命令,朗·约翰就迅速起身,用最欢快的声音答应道:“是,是,先生!”
旁白 neutral
Later, when there was nothing else to do, he sang one song after another, as if to conceal the discontent of the men
后来,实在无事可做时,他就一首接一首地唱歌,像是要掩饰大伙儿的不满。
旁白 neutral
" Silver's nervousness is the worst omen of the day," the doctor said
"西尔弗的紧张是今天最坏的兆头。"医生说。
旁白 neutral
We met in the cabin together with Trelawney's men — Redruth, Hunter, and Joyce — who now knew about the pirate's plans
我们和特里劳尼的手下——雷德拉斯、亨特和乔伊斯——一起在船舱里碰头,他们现在都知道了海盗的计划。
旁白 neutral
Smollett told us," If I give the men another order, the whole ship will revolt
斯莫利特告诉我们:"要是我再给那些人下一道命令,整条船都会造反。
旁白 neutral
We've only one man to rely on now."
我们现在只能指望一个人了。"
旁白 neutral
" Who?" the squire asked
"谁?"乡绅问。
旁白 neutral
" Silver," the captain said." He's as anxious as we are to keep this situation from exploding, because the time isn't right
"西尔弗。"船长说,"他跟我们一样焦急,想稳住局面别闹起来,因为时机还没到。
旁白 neutral
Let's allow the men an afternoon ashore, and if they all go, we'll control the ship
咱们放那些人下午上岸去,要是他们全都去了,咱们就能控制住大船。
旁白 neutral
If none go, we'll hold the cabin. If some go, you mark my words, sir, Silver will bring them aboard again as mild as lambs."
要是没人去,咱们就守住船舱。要是去一部分,你记住我的话,先生,西尔弗准会把他们带回船上来,温顺得像羔羊。"
旁白 neutral
Captain Smollett gave all the loyal men pistols, and then went on deck to address the crew
斯莫利特船长给所有忠诚的人发了手枪,然后走到甲板上对全体船员讲话。
旁白 neutral
" My lads," he said," it's hot, and we're all tired
“小伙计们,”他说,“天气这么热,我们也都累了。
旁白 neutral
Some time ashore will hurt nobody, and since the boats are still in the water, take them and go ashore for the afternoon
上岸待一会儿对谁都没坏处,既然小船还在水里,就划着它们上岸去待一下午吧。
旁白 neutral
I'll fire a gun half an hour before sundown as a signal to return."
我会在日落前半小时鸣枪,作为返船的信号。”
旁白 neutral
" Hooray!" they cheered, their bad mood vanishing
“好啊!”他们欢呼起来,坏情绪一扫而空。
旁白 neutral
" The silly fellows must think they'll trip over treasure as soon as they land," the squire muttered
“这群傻瓜,肯定以为一上岸就会被宝藏绊倒。”乡绅咕哝道。
旁白 neutral
Then Smollett quickly went below, leaving Long John to arrange who would go ashore
随后,斯莫利特船长迅速回到舱内,留下朗·约翰安排谁上岸。
旁白 neutral
If the captain had remained on deck, he could no longer have pretended not to understand the situation
如果船长当时还留在甲板上,他就再也没法假装不明白形势了,
旁白 neutral
because it was plain that Long John was their real captain
因为很明显,朗·约翰才是他们真正的船长。
旁白 neutral
At last, Long John decided six fellows would stay on board; he and the rest would leave the ship
最后,朗·约翰决定留六个人在船上,他自己和其余的人下船。
旁白 neutral
Right then, a crazy notion, perhaps the one that saved us, came into my head
就在那时,一个疯狂的念头——也许正是这个念头后来救了我们——突然钻进了我的脑袋。
旁白 neutral
If six pirates were left, I knew our party could not take over the ship
如果留下六个海盗,我知道我们这边的人手是夺不下船的。
旁白 neutral
But since there were only six, the cabin party had no need of my assistance, so I decided to go ashore
但既然只留下六个人,舱里的人就不需要我帮忙了,于是我决定也上岸去。
旁白 neutral
Quickly, I slipped over the side, curled up under the canvas on the nearest boat, then shoved off
我飞快地溜下船舷,蜷缩在最近的小船的帆布底下,然后船就被推离了大船。
旁白 neutral
No one took notice of me except Alan Jenkins, who said," Is that you, Jim? Keep your head down."
除了艾伦·詹金斯,没人注意到我,他说:“是你吗,吉姆?把头低下。”
旁白 neutral
Long John looked sharply over from the other boat." Is Jim going ashore too?"
朗·约翰从另一条船上敏锐地看过来。“吉姆也上岸吗?”
旁白 neutral
From that moment, I began to regret what I had done
从那一刻起,我就开始后悔我所做的事了。
旁白 neutral
The shore boats raced for the beach, but the boat I was in, having started first and being lighter and better manned, shot far ahead
上岸的小船们朝着海滩竞速,但我乘的这条,因为出发得最早,又更轻快、划手也更棒,远远地冲在了前头。
旁白 neutral
Once the boat neared the trees along the shore, I caught an overhanging branch, swung myself out, and plunged into the nearest thicket
小船一靠近岸边的树林,我就抓住一根垂下的树枝,荡了出去,一头扎进了最近的灌木丛。
旁白 neutral
Long John and the rest were still a hundred yards behind
朗·约翰和其他人还在一百码之后。
旁白 neutral
" Jim, Jim!" I heard him shouting
“吉姆,吉姆!”我听到他在喊。
旁白 neutral
But I paid no heed. Jumping and ducking, I followed my nose and ran until I could run no longer
可我毫不理会。我又是跳又是钻,凭着直觉一路狂奔,直到再也跑不动了。