E12 · Episodes
012 作战会议
作战会议
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 12 — 作战会议.
65 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
I jumped out of the barrel and dived behind the foresail when I heard feet pound across the deck
我听见甲板上传来沉重的脚步声,便跳出桶,躲到了前帆后面。
旁白 neutral
Then I joined Hunter and Dr. Livesey in the rush to see the land that had been sighted
随后,我和亨特、利夫西医生一起冲过去看那片已经望见的陆地。
旁白 neutral
The fog began to lift about the same time the moon appeared, and we saw two hills a couple of miles apart on the island
月亮升起的时候,雾气也开始消散,我们看见岛上有两座小山,相隔大约两英里。
旁白 neutral
Rising behind them was a third, higher hill whose peak was still buried in fog
它们后面耸立着第三座山,更高一些,山顶还笼罩在雾气中。
旁白 neutral
" Men," Captain Smollett said," has anyone ever seen that island before?"
“各位,”斯莫利特船长说,“有谁以前见过那座岛吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I have, sir," Long John said." I was there once with a merchant ship."
“我见过,先生,”朗·约翰说,“有一次我跟一艘商船去过那里。”
旁白 neutral
" Can we safely drop anchor on the south side?" the captain asked
“我们能在南侧安全抛锚吗?”船长问道。
旁白 neutral
" Aye, sir," replied Long John." That small bit of land is called Skeleton Island — it was a place for pirates once
“是的,先生,”朗·约翰回答,“那块小陆地叫骷髅岛——以前是海盗出没的地方。”
旁白 neutral
The three hills on the main island are Foremast Hill, Main Hill, and Mizzen Hill
主岛上的三座山分别是前桅山、主桅山和后桅山。
旁白 neutral
The pirates kept a lookout on Main Hill when they were anchored, so they called it Spyglass Hill."
海盗们抛锚时会在主桅山上瞭望,所以他们把它叫做望远镜山。”
旁白 neutral
" I have a chart here," Captain Smollett said." See if that's the place."
“我这儿有张航海图,”斯莫利特船长说,“看看是不是这个地方。”
旁白 neutral
Long John's eyes gleamed eagerly as he took the chart, but it wasn't the map we found in Billy Bones' chest
朗·约翰接过图时,眼里闪着渴望的光芒,但这不是我们之前在比利·彭斯箱子里找到的那张藏宝图。
旁白 neutral
It was a copy that was complete except for the red crosses and the written notes — the information that would lead anyone to the treasure
这是一份复制品,很完整,唯独少了那些红叉叉和手写的备注——那些能指引人找到宝藏的关键信息。
旁白 neutral
Long John hid his disappointment and annoyance
朗·约翰掩饰住内心的失望与恼怒。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, sir," he said," that's the spot.' Captain Kidd's Anchorage' — that's what my shipmates called it
“是的,先生,”他说,“就是那个地方。‘基德船长锚地’——我的船友们是这么叫它的。
旁白 neutral
There's a strong current that runs along the south and then heads north along the west coast
有一股很强的水流,沿着南边流过,再沿着西海岸向北流去。
旁白 neutral
You were very wise to slow down here
您在这儿减速,是很明智的。
旁白 neutral
If you intend to stay for a time, there's no better place for the ship."
如果你们打算停留一阵子,没有比这儿更适合停船的地方了。”
旁白 neutral
" Thank you," Captain Smollett said." I'll ask for your help later. You may go."
“谢谢你,”斯莫利特船长说,“晚些时候我可能会再请你帮忙。你可以下去了。”
旁白 neutral
I was surprised by how cool Long John was, admitting he knew the island
朗·约翰这么冷静地承认他了解这个岛,让我很惊讶。
旁白 neutral
Then he came near me and laid his hand on my arm, and I could scarcely conceal a shudder
然后他走近我,把手放在我胳膊上,我几乎无法掩饰一阵颤抖。
旁白 neutral
" Ah," he said," this island is a sweet spot for a lad. You'll swim, climb trees, and run up the hills like a goat
“啊,”他说,“这岛对小伙子来说可是个好地方。你可以游泳、爬树,像山羊一样跑上小山。
旁白 neutral
Tell me when you want to go exploring, and I'll make up a snack for you."
想探险的时候告诉我,我给你准备点吃的。”
旁白 neutral
Then he clapped me on the shoulder and hobbled off
然后他拍了拍我的肩膀,跛着脚走开了。
旁白 neutral
Captain Smollett, the squire, and Dr. Livesey were talking together on the quarterdeck
斯莫利特船长、乡绅和利夫西医生正在后甲板上一起谈话。
旁白 neutral
I was anxious, but I dared not interrupt them while the crew was listening
我很着急,却不敢在船员们能听见的时候打断他们。
旁白 neutral
I was trying to think of some way to get their attention when Dr. Livesey called to me
我正想找办法引起他们注意,这时利夫西医生喊了我。
旁白 neutral
" Jim, fetch my pipe for me!" he said
“吉姆,替我把烟斗拿来!”他说。
旁白 neutral
I ran and got his pipe, and when I gave it to him, I whispered," Doctor, please do as I say
我跑去拿来他的烟斗,递给他时,我低声说:“医生,请照我说的做。
旁白 neutral
Get the captain and squire down to the cabin, and then send for me. I have terrible news."
把船长和乡绅带到船舱里去,然后派人叫我。我有可怕的消息。”
旁白 neutral
The doctor's face turned serious, but he recovered quickly." Thank you, Jim," he said quite loudly
医生的脸色变得严肃,但他很快就恢复了常态。“谢谢你,吉姆。”他很大声地说。
旁白 neutral
Then, acting as if he'd asked me a question, he added," That was all I wanted to know."
然后,他装出一副刚问过我问题的样子,补充道:“我想知道的就这些了。”
旁白 neutral
The doctor then rejoined Captain Smollett and the squire as they looked toward the island
接着,医生重新回到斯莫利特船长和乡绅身边,他们正望着那座岛。
旁白 neutral
They spoke together, and though no one made a move, it was clear Dr. Livesey had communicated my request
他们一起说了几句话,虽然没人有什么动作,但显然利夫西医生已经传达了我的请求。
旁白 neutral
" Mr. Anderson, summon the men," the captain ordered
“安德森先生,把大家召集起来。”船长命令道。
旁白 neutral
Job blew a few notes on his pipe and the crew assembled on deck
乔布用他的哨子吹了几个音,船员们便在甲板上集合了。
旁白 neutral
" My lads," Captain Smollett said," you have all performed your duties admirably
“伙计们,”斯莫利特船长说,“你们都出色地完成了自己的职责,
旁白 neutral
so Mr. Trelawney wants you to have a drink to celebrate a job well done
所以特里劳尼先生想请大家喝一杯,庆祝任务圆满完成。
旁白 neutral
He and I and the doctor are going below for a few moments, and then you will have some rum
他、我和医生要到船舱里去待一小会儿,然后就给你们拿朗姆酒。
旁白 neutral
If you agree, let's give Mr. Trelawney a good sea cheer."
如果你们同意的话,我们来为特里劳尼先生欢呼三声吧。”
旁白 neutral
The cheer followed, and it rang out so full and hearty, I could hardly believe these same men were plotting to kill us
欢呼声随之响起,那么响亮、那么热诚,我简直不敢相信就是这些人在密谋杀害我们。
旁白 neutral
" A cheer for Captain Smollett too!" Long John added, and this cheer was also shouted with enthusiasm
“也为斯莫利特船长欢呼!”朗·约翰补充道,这阵欢呼也同样喊得热情洋溢。
旁白 neutral
The three gentlemen went below, and not long after, word was sent that Jim Hawkins was wanted in the captain's cabin
三位先生下到船舱去了,不久就有人传话,说船长舱里要找吉姆·霍金斯。
旁白 neutral
When I arrived, all three were seated around the table, and the doctor was smoking with his wig in his lap, a sign he was agitated
我到的时候,三个人都围桌而坐,医生抽着烟,假发放在膝上,这是他心绪不宁的表现。
旁白 neutral
" Now, Hawkins," Trelawney said," speak up."
“好了,霍金斯,”特里劳尼说,“说吧。”
旁白 neutral
I told them what I'd heard, and nobody interrupted
我把我听到的告诉了他们,没有人打断。
旁白 neutral
" Captain," Trelawney said finally," you were right, and I was wrong. I'll admit it."
“船长,”特里劳尼终于开口说,“你是对的,我错了。我承认。”
旁白 neutral
" I must have missed some clues too," the captain returned," for I never heard of a crew planning to mutiny without any warning signs."
“我肯定也漏掉了一些线索,”船长答道,“我可从没听说过哪帮船员计划叛乱会毫无征兆。”
旁白 neutral
" It's Silver's influence," said the doctor." He's a remarkable man."
“这都是西尔弗的影响,”医生说,“他是个了不起的人物。”
旁白 neutral
" He'd look remarkably good hanging from the rigging," the captain said
“他要是被吊在帆索上,那样子想必会格外好看。”船长说。
旁白 neutral
" Well, we can't turn back. If I ordered them to turn around, they'd attack us at once
“好了,我们不能掉头。如果我命令他们掉头,他们会立刻攻击我们。
旁白 neutral
We have some time — at least until this treasure's found — but we'll have to fight them sooner or later
我们还有些时间——至少在找到宝藏之前——但我们迟早得跟他们打一仗。
旁白 neutral
I propose we hit them when they least expect it
我提议,在他们最意想不到的时候动手。
旁白 neutral
Can we count on your servants, Mr. Trelawney?"
我们能指望你的仆人们吗,特里劳尼先生?”
旁白 neutral
" Definitely," the squire declared
“绝对靠得住。”乡绅断言道。
旁白 neutral
" That's three men," the captain said." Add the rest of us and that makes seven, including Hawkins here
“那是三个人,”船长说,“加上我们其余的人,一共七个,包括霍金斯在内。
旁白 neutral
Can we count on any more men?"
我们还能指望更多的人吗?”
旁白 neutral
" The men Trelawney hired before he met Silver should be honest," replied the doctor
“特里劳尼在遇见西尔弗之前雇的那些人应该是正直的。”医生回答。
旁白 neutral
" We can't rely on them," the squire said." Israel was one of those men."
“我们不能依赖他们,”乡绅说,“伊斯雷尔就是其中之一。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, gentlemen," said the captain," keep your eyes and ears open
“好了,先生们,”船长说,“都睁大眼睛,竖起耳朵。
旁白 neutral
We can do nothing until we know who's with us."
在弄清楚谁是我们这边的人之前,我们什么也做不了。”
旁白 neutral
" Jim can help," the doctor said." The men like him, and Jim notices everything."
“吉姆可以帮忙,”医生说,“那些人都喜欢他,而且吉姆什么都留意到了。”
旁白 neutral
" Hawkins, I'm putting my faith in you," said the squire
“霍金斯,我很看好你。”乡绅说。
旁白 neutral
I felt desperate and helpless because we were so outnumbered
我感到绝望又无助,因为我们人数相差太悬殊了。
旁白 neutral
Right now, the grown men on our side were six to the pirates' nineteen
现在,我们这边的成年男子只有六个,而海盗有十九个。