Level 7 · 金银岛
🎬

E09 · Episodes

009 弹药与武器

弹药与武器

Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 9 — 弹药与武器.

64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The Hispaniola was far out in the bay, but at last, our small boat came alongside the ship and we stepped aboard

伊斯帕尼奥拉号停在海湾远处,但我们的小船终于靠到了大船边,我们登上了船。

旁白 neutral

The first mate, Mr. Arrow, a brown old sailor with earrings in his ears, saluted us, and the squire greeted him like an old friend

大副埃罗先生是个皮肤黝黑、戴着耳环的老水手,他向我们致敬,乡绅像老朋友一样问候了他。

旁白 neutral

But I soon observed that things were not the same between Mr. Trelawney and Captain Smollett

但我很快就注意到,屈利劳尼先生和斯莫列特船长之间的关系不太一样。

旁白 neutral

We'd hardly gone below deck and entered the captain's cabin when the captain himself came in and angrily shut the door behind him

我们刚下到甲板底下,进入船长室,船长本人就走了进来,并生气地关上了身后的门。

旁白 neutral

" Captain Smollett, all is well, I hope?" Squire Trelawney said

“斯莫列特船长,我希望一切安好?”屈利劳尼乡绅说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, sir," the captain said," I'll be frank. I don't like this voyage, I don't like the men, and I don't like my first mate."

“嗯,先生,”船长说,“我就直说了。我不喜欢这次航行,不喜欢这些船员,也不喜欢我的大副。”

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps, sir, you don't like the ship?" the squire asked angrily

“也许,先生,您也不喜欢这艘船?”乡绅生气地问。

旁白 neutral

" I can't say that, as I haven't tried her," the captain replied

“这我可说不上来,因为我还没检验过她的性能,”船长答道。

旁白 neutral

" I guess you don't like your employer either?" the squire shot back

“我猜您也不喜欢您的雇主吧?”乡绅立刻回敬道。

旁白 neutral

Seeing a fight brewing, Dr. Livesey cut in." Calm down, gentlemen

眼看一场争吵即将爆发,利夫西医生插嘴道。“冷静点,先生们。

旁白 neutral

Questions like that can only produce ill feelings, Squire," he said

“乡绅,这种问题只会伤和气,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" Captain, I'd like an explanation. Why don't you like this voyage?"

“船长,我想要个解释。你为什么不喜欢这次航行?”

旁白 neutral

" I've just learned we're going after treasure — heard it from my own crew," the captain said

“我刚听说我们要去寻宝——是从我自己的船员那里听来的,”船长说。

旁白 neutral

" Searching for buried treasure can be dangerous, especially when the reason for the voyage is kept secret from the captain, Mr. Trelawney."

“寻找埋藏的宝藏可能很危险,尤其是当航行的目的对船长保密的时候,屈利劳尼先生。”

旁白 neutral

" What are you suggesting, sir?" Trelawney asked indignantly

“你在暗示什么,先生?”屈利劳尼愤愤不平地问。

旁白 neutral

" There's been too much talk," the captain said

“谈论得太多了,”船长说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't believe either of you know what we're facing, but I'll tell you what I think will happen —

“我不认为你们俩知道我们在面对什么,但让我告诉你们我认为会发生什么——”

旁白 neutral

it'll come down to life or death, and a narrow escape, if we're lucky."

“这将是生死攸关的事,要是运气好,才能死里逃生。”

旁白 neutral

" We are not as ignorant as you believe," Dr. Livesey said

“我们不像你想象的那么无知,”利夫西大夫说。

旁白 neutral

" You say you don't like the crew. Aren't they good seamen?"

“你说你不喜欢这些船员。难道他们不是好水手吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I should have been allowed to choose my own crew, sir," Captain Smollett replied

“我应该被允许自己挑选船员,先生,”斯莫列特船长回答。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps my friend should have included you in the hiring," said the doctor

“也许我的朋友在雇人时应该带上您,”医生说。

旁白 neutral

" But the squire did not mean to overstep his authority. You don't like Mr. Arrow?"

“但乡绅并非有意越权。您不喜欢阿罗先生?”

旁白 neutral

" I don't, sir. I believe he's a good seaman, but he's too chummy with the men

“我不喜欢,先生。我相信他是个好水手,但他跟船员们太亲密了。

旁白 neutral

A first mate should behave with authority. Mr. Arrow acts as if he's one of the crew."

大副行事该有威信。阿罗先生表现得就像个普通船员。”

旁白 neutral

" Tell us what you want, Captain," the doctor said

“告诉我们您要什么,船长,”医生说。

旁白 neutral

" If you're determined to go on this voyage," Smollett said," then all the gunpowder and arms must be stored under my cabin

“如果你们坚持这次航行,”斯莫列特说,“那么所有的火药和武器都必须存放在我的舱房下。

旁白 neutral

Second, I want to move your berths right beside my cabin."

其次,我想把你们的铺位就移到我舱房旁边。”

旁白 neutral

" Anything else?" asked the squire

“还有别的吗?”乡绅问。

旁白 neutral

" There's been too much blabbing," said the captain

“已经太多人嘴不严了,”船长说。

旁白 neutral

" Far too much," the doctor agreed

"说得太多了," 医生表示同意。

旁白 neutral

" I've heard you have a map of an island, with crosses that show where the treasure is," the captain said

"我听说你们有一张岛屿地图,上面画着标记宝藏位置的叉号," 船长说道,

旁白 neutral

and then he named the exact latitude and longitude of the island

然后他说出了那座岛屿精确的经纬度。

旁白 neutral

" I never told a soul!" Squire Trelawney cried

"我从没告诉过任何人!" 屈利劳尼乡绅喊道。

旁白 neutral

" The crew knows all about the island, sir," said the captain

"船员们都知道那个岛的事,先生," 船长说。

旁白 neutral

" Livesey, you or Hawkins must have said something," the squire said

"利夫西,你或者霍金斯一定说漏嘴了," 乡绅说。

旁白 neutral

" It doesn't matter who," replied the doctor

"是谁说的不重要," 医生回答。

旁白 neutral

" Well, gentlemen," the captain said," I don't know who has this map, but keep it secret, even from me and Mr. Arrow. Otherwise, I will resign."

"好了,先生们," 船长说,"我不知道谁有这张地图,但请保守秘密,甚至对我和阿罗先生也别透露。否则,我就辞职。"

旁白 neutral

" You fear a mutiny," the doctor said." That's the reason you want all of us and the guns in the stern of the ship."

"你是担心哗变," 医生说。"这就是你想要我们所有人连同枪支都待在船尾的原因。"

旁白 neutral

" I wouldn't go to sea if I had evidence of a possible mutiny," Captain Smollett said

"如果我有证据表明可能发生哗变,我就不会出海了," 斯莫列特船长说。

旁白 neutral

" No captain would do that. But I am responsible for the life of everyone on board

“没有哪个船长会那么做。但我对船上每个人的性命负有责任。

旁白 neutral

So I'm asking you to take certain precautions or let me resign, that's all."

所以我请求您采取一些预防措施,或者准许我辞职,仅此而已。”

旁白 neutral

" I will do as you desire," said the squire," but I don't like your attitude very much."

“我会照你的意思办,”乡绅说,“但我很不喜欢你的态度。”

旁白 neutral

" I don't care what you think, sir," the captain said." But I must do my duty." And with that, he left

“我不在乎您怎么想,先生,”船长说,“但我必须履行我的职责。”说完,他便离开了。

旁白 neutral

" Trelawney," the doctor said," I believe you've managed to get two honest men on board with you — that man and Long John Silver."

“屈利劳尼,”医生说,“我相信你这次总算找来了两个诚实的人跟你一起上船——那个人和朗·约翰·西尔弗。”

旁白 neutral

" Of course Silver is honest," the squire yelled," but as for that intolerable captain, I think he is unmanly and downright unpatriotic."

“西尔弗当然是诚实的,”乡绅大声说道,“但至于那个让人无法忍受的船长,我觉得他简直没有男子气概,而且毫无爱国之心。”

旁白 neutral

" Well," the doctor said," we shall see."

“好吧,”医生说,“我们拭目以待。”

旁白 neutral

When we came back on deck, the men were already moving the arms and gunpowder into the space underneath the cabin

我们回到甲板上时,水手们已经在把武器和火药搬到船舱底下的空间里去了。

旁白 neutral

The captain and Mr. Arrow supervised while the men worked hard to fix up the whole ship

水手们努力整修整艘船时,船长和阿罗先生在一旁监督。

旁白 neutral

Six new berths had been constructed in the stern of the ship from part of the galley, with a passageway to the captain's cabin on the port side

船尾用厨房的一部分空间新建了六个卧铺,并有一条通道通向船长室,开在左舷一侧。

旁白 neutral

It was decided that the doctor, the squire, Redruth, Hunter, Joyce, and I would sleep there

已经定下来,医生、乡绅、雷德鲁斯、亨特、乔伊斯和我将睡在那里。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Arrow would sleep on deck in a hammock to keep watch

阿罗先生则会睡在甲板的吊床里,负责守望。

旁白 neutral

As the crew finished their work, Long John and a few men came alongside the ship in a shore boat

水手们刚干完活,朗·约翰就带着几个人,驾着一艘小艇靠到了船边。

旁白 neutral

Long John scrambled up the side of the ship like a monkey and called out," Yo ho, mates! What's going on?"

朗·约翰像猴子一样爬上船舷,大声喊道:“哟嗬,伙计们!这是在干什么呢?”

旁白 neutral

" We're moving all the guns," a man answered

“我们在搬所有的枪炮呢。”一个人答道。

旁白 neutral

" Why?" Long John bellowed." If we do that, it will delay our departure!"

“为什么?”朗·约翰吼道。“这样做会耽误我们出航的!”

旁白 neutral

" It's my orders!" snapped the captain." You may go below, cook. The men will want supper."

“这是我的命令!”船长厉声说道。“你可以下去了,厨子。大家该要吃饭了。”

旁白 neutral

" Aye, aye, sir," Long John answered, and saluting, he disappeared toward the galley

“是,是,长官。”朗·约翰答应着,行了个礼,便消失在通往厨房的方向。

旁白 neutral

" He's a good man, Captain," the doctor said

“他是个好人,船长。”医生说。

旁白 neutral

" Very likely, sir," Captain Smollett replied." Easy with that, men — easy," he said to the men carrying the crates of gunpowder

“很有可能,先生,”斯莫列特船长答道。“轻一点,伙计们——轻一点。”他对那些搬运火药箱的人说道。

旁白 neutral

Then he saw me examining a small cannon on deck

接着,他看见我正在甲板上查看一门小炮。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, you! Ship's boy!" he shouted." Leave that alone! Go to the cook and get to work."

“嘿,你!船上的侍应生!”他大喊,“别碰那个!到厨子那儿去,干你的活。”

旁白 neutral

As I was hurrying off, I heard him say quite loudly to the doctor," I'll have no favorites on my ship."

我匆忙走开时,听到他很大声地对医生说:“我的船上,绝没有特殊照顾之人。”

旁白 neutral

I fully agreed with the squire. I hated the captain deeply

我完全赞同乡绅的看法。我深深地厌恶这个船长。