E08 · Episodes
008 望远镜酒馆
望远镜酒馆
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 8 — 望远镜酒馆.
62 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
After breakfast, the squire gave me a note to deliver to Long John Silver
早饭后,乡绅交给我一封信,让我转交给朗·约翰·西尔弗。
旁白 neutral
" He runs a tavern called The Spyglass," Trelawney said
“他经营一家叫‘望远镜’的酒馆,”特里劳尼说。
旁白 neutral
" Follow the docks until you see a sign with a telescope on it."
“沿着码头走,直到你看到有个望远镜的标志。”
旁白 neutral
I set off and picked my way through people and carts until I found the place, a bright little tavern with crisp, red curtains
我出发了,在人群和马车中穿行,终于找到了那个地方——一家明亮的小酒馆,挂着干净平整的红窗帘。
旁白 neutral
In spite of clouds of tobacco smoke, I could clearly see the customers inside the room, and most of them were loud seafaring men
尽管烟雾缭绕,我还是能清楚地看到屋里的客人,大多数是大声喧哗的航海人。
旁白 neutral
As I stood in the door, a man came out of a side room, and I was sure he must be Long John
当我站在门口时,一个男人从旁边的房间出来,我敢肯定他一定是朗·约翰。
旁白 neutral
His left leg was cut off close to the hip, and under his left shoulder was a crutch that he managed with wonderful skill
他的左腿从大腿根部被截去,左肩下拄着一根拐杖,他用得极其娴熟。
旁白 neutral
He was tall and strong, with a face as big as a ham — plain and pale, but intelligent
他高大强壮,脸大如火腿——平凡而苍白,但透着聪明。
旁白 neutral
He whistled as he moved about the tables and had a merry word for his favorite guests
他穿梭在桌子间时吹着口哨,还和喜欢的客人愉快地打趣。
旁白 neutral
From the very first mention of Long John in Squire Trelawney's letter, I feared he would be the evil one-legged sailor the captain had warned me about
自从特里劳尼乡绅的信里第一次提到朗·约翰,我就担心他会是船长警告过我的那个邪恶的独腿水手。
旁白 neutral
But one look at the man before me was enough
但我只看了眼前这个人一眼,就足够了。
旁白 neutral
I'd seen the captain, Black Dog, and blind Pew, and I believed I knew what a pirate looked like
我见过船长、黑狗和瞎子皮尤,所以我觉得我知道海盗长什么样。
旁白 neutral
This one-legged tavern owner was very different; he was clean and pleasant-tempered
这位独腿的酒馆老板却非常不同;他干净整洁,脾气也好。
旁白 neutral
I walked up to him." Mr. Silver, sir?" I asked, holding out the note
我走到他跟前。“西尔弗先生?”我一边问,一边递上信。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, my lad," he said." And who are you?" Then he saw the squire's letter
“是我,孩子,”他说。“你是哪位?”这时他看到了乡绅的信。
旁白 neutral
" Oh!" he said, quite loud." You're our new cabin boy — pleased to meet you."
“哦!”他相当大声地说。“你是我们新来的船上侍应生——很高兴见到你。”
旁白 neutral
He took my hand in his large, firm grasp
他用他那有力的大手握住了我的手。
旁白 neutral
Just then, a customer rose suddenly and made for the door, and I recognized him right away
就在这时,一个客人突然站起来冲向门口,我立刻认出了他。
旁白 neutral
It was the greasy-faced man, missing two fingers, who had come to the Admiral Benbow
就是那个缺了两根手指、油光满面的男人,他来过“本博上将”旅店。
旁白 neutral
" Oh," I cried," stop him! It's Black Dog!"
“哦,”我喊道,“拦住他!他是黑狗!”
旁白 neutral
" I don't care who he is," said Long John," but if he hasn't paid his bill... Harry, run and catch him!"
“别管他是谁,”朗·约翰说,“可他要是没付账……哈里,快去追他!”
旁白 neutral
A man nearest the door leapt up and started in pursuit
离门最近的一个男人立刻跳起来,追了出去。
旁白 neutral
" Who did you say he was?" Long John asked." Black what?"
“你说他是谁来着?”朗·约翰问道。“黑的什么?”
旁白 neutral
" Dog, sir," said I." Didn't Mr. Trelawney tell you about the pirates? He was one of them."
“黑狗,先生,”我说。“特里劳尼先生没跟您说起过那些海盗吗?他就是其中之一。”
旁白 neutral
" Let's see — Black Dog?" Long John said thoughtfully
“让我想想——黑狗?”朗·约翰若有所思地说。
旁白 neutral
" I don't know that name, but I have seen him before
“我不认识这个名字,但我以前见过他。
旁白 neutral
He came in here once with a blind man."
他有次跟一个瞎子来过这里。”
旁白 neutral
" The blind man's name was Pew," I said
“那个瞎子叫皮尤,”我说。
旁白 neutral
" It was!" Long John said, stamping up and down the tavern on his crutch
“没错!”朗·约翰说着,拄着拐杖在酒馆里来回踱步。
旁白 neutral
" Pew! That was his name for certain. Ah, he looked like a shark, he did
“皮尤!他肯定就叫这个名字。啊,他看起来就像条鲨鱼,真的。
旁白 neutral
If we catch this Black Dog, now won't that please Captain Trelawney!
要是咱们抓住这个黑狗,特里劳尼船长该多高兴啊!
旁白 neutral
Harry's a good runner — he should catch him."
哈里跑得快——他应该能抓住他。”
旁白 neutral
My suspicions were thoroughly reawakened on finding Black Dog at The Spyglass, despite what Long John said, and I watched the one-legged man narrowly
尽管朗·约翰那么说,在望远镜酒馆发现黑狗这件事,让我的疑心彻底复燃了。我警惕地盯着这个独腿男人。
旁白 neutral
Long John was too clever for me, however, and by the time Harry came back, out of breath
然而,朗·约翰对我来说太精明了。等到哈里气喘吁吁地回来时,
旁白 neutral
I would have sworn that Long John was innocent of conspiring to break the law with any villainous character
我都几乎要发誓,朗·约翰是清白的,绝没有和任何恶棍合伙做违法勾当。
旁白 neutral
The fellow was so convincing as he acted out his lie that any policeman would have believed Long John and Black Dog were strangers to each other
这家伙撒起谎来如此令人信服,任何警察都会相信朗·约翰和黑狗彼此是陌生人。
旁白 neutral
" I'm sorry," Harry gasped." I lost him in a crowd."
“对不起,”哈里喘着气说。“我在人群里跟丢了他。”
旁白 neutral
" You are a worthless swab!" Long John yelled. He scolded him with a furious intensity
“你这个没用的废物!”朗·约翰吼道。他怒不可遏地斥责着哈里。
旁白 neutral
" What's Captain Trelawney to think?" he said
“这让特里劳尼船长怎么想?”他说。
旁白 neutral
" This pirate was sitting in my own tavern drinking my own rum, and you let him give us the slip!"
“这个海盗就坐在我自己的酒馆里,喝着我自己的朗姆酒,你竟然让他从我们眼皮底下溜走了!”
旁白 neutral
He turned to me." Now, Hawkins, you're a lad, but you're as smart as a fox
他转向我。“听着,霍金斯,你是个孩子,但你机灵得像只狐狸。
旁白 neutral
I saw that when you first came in
你刚进门时我就看出来了。
旁白 neutral
What could I do, with this old wooden crutch I hobble on?
靠着这副旧木头拐杖,我一瘸一拐的,又能做什么呢?
旁白 neutral
When I was young, I would have asked the man his purpose here immediately, but now — "
要是年轻那会儿,我当场就会质问那家伙来这儿干什么,可现在——”
旁白 neutral
And then, all of a sudden, his jaw dropped as though he'd remembered something
然后,突然间,他张大了嘴,好像想起了什么。
旁白 neutral
" His bill!" he burst out." Three glasses of rum! Why, shiver my timbers, he owes me a lot of money!"
“他的账!”他叫了起来。“三杯朗姆酒!哎呀,我的老天爷,他欠我好多钱呢!”
旁白 neutral
Finally he plopped down on a nearby bench and burst into laughter, making me laugh too
最后他一屁股坐到旁边的长凳上,放声大笑起来,惹得我也跟着笑了。
旁白 neutral
" You and I should get on well, Hawkins," he said
“霍金斯,咱俩应该会是很合得来的,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" But come with me now. We'll go see Captain Trelawney and report this whole incident
“不过现在跟我走吧。我们去见乡绅特里劳尼老爷,把整件事都报告给他。
旁白 neutral
Mind you, this is serious, and neither you nor I will look very good in his eyes
要当心,这事儿挺严重的,在他眼里,咱们俩的面子都不会太好看。
旁白 neutral
Certainly we won't look very smart."
咱们肯定算不上精明。”
旁白 neutral
As we walked to the inn, Long John told me about all the ships we passed, explaining the work that was being done on them and the cargo they carried
去旅馆的路上,朗·约翰把一路经过的船都讲给我听,解释着那些船上正进行的修理工作和它们载的货物。
旁白 neutral
It was then I decided he would be one of the best possible shipmates I could ever sail with
就在那时,我认定,他将会是我能同行出海的最理想的船伴之一。
旁白 neutral
When we arrived, Squire Trelawney and Dr. Livesey were seated together
我们到达时,乡绅特里劳尼和李甫西医生正坐在一起,
旁白 neutral
and Long John told the story from beginning to end with great spirit and perfect truth
朗·约翰便精神头十足、一五一十地把事情从头到尾讲了一遍。
旁白 neutral
" That's how it was, now, wasn't it, Hawkins?" he said, and I nodded
“事情就是这样,对吧,霍金斯?”他说,我点了点头。
旁白 neutral
" It's a pity Black Dog got away," Trelawney said," but there's nothing to be done about it now. Thank you for telling us."
“可惜让黑狗跑掉了,”特里劳尼说,“不过现在也于事无补了。谢谢你告诉我们这些。”
旁白 neutral
Long John took up his crutch and said," Aye, aye, sir," as he departed
朗·约翰拿起拐杖,说了声“是,是,先生”,便离开了。
旁白 neutral
" Well, Squire," Dr. Livesey said," As a general rule, I don't put much faith in your judgments of character, but Silver suits me."
“嗯,乡绅,”李甫西医生说,“通常来说,我都不太相信你对人品的判断,但西尔弗很合我意。”
旁白 neutral
" He's a fine person," Trelawney declared
“他是个大好人,”特里劳尼断言道。
旁白 neutral
" And now," the doctor said," may we go on board?"
“那么现在,”医生说,“我们可以上船看看吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Of course," Trelawney said." Get your hat. We'll see the ship."
“当然可以,”特里劳尼说,“拿上你的帽子,咱们去看船。”