E06 · Episodes
006 船长的文件
船长的文件
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 6 — 船长的文件.
74 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Captain Dance and I rode hard until we drew up before Dr. Livesey's door
丹斯船长和我一路策马飞奔,最后在李甫西大夫家门口停了下来。
旁白 neutral
The house was dark, but I jumped down and knocked anyway
屋子里一片漆黑,但我还是跳下马,上前敲了敲门。
旁白 neutral
A maid opened the door
一个女仆开了门。
旁白 neutral
" Is Dr. Livesey home?" I asked
“李甫西大夫在家吗?”我问道。
旁白 neutral
" No, he's dining at Squire Trelawney's house," she said
“不在,他在特里劳尼乡绅家吃饭呢。”她说。
旁白 neutral
" So much the better," said the captain
“那更好了,”船长说。
旁白 neutral
" We'll find them both at one location."
“我们能在同一个地方找到他们俩了。”
旁白 neutral
The distance was short, so I ran alongside the horse up the moonlit avenue to the gleaming white buildings and grand old gardens
路程不远,于是我在洒满月光的大道上跟着马一路小跑,来到那有着闪闪发亮的白色建筑和古老宏伟花园的宅邸前。
旁白 neutral
Here, Captain Dance dismounted, and the squire's servant led us into the library
到了这里,丹斯船长下了马,乡绅的仆人把我们领进了书房。
旁白 neutral
Squire Trelawney and Dr. Livesey sat on either side of a bright fire, smoking their pipes
特里劳尼乡绅和李甫西大夫正坐在旺旺的炉火两边,抽着烟斗。
旁白 neutral
I'd never seen the squire up close before
我之前从未近距离见过乡绅。
旁白 neutral
Over six feet tall, with broad shoulders, he had a friendly face, reddened and lined from his long travels
他身高六英尺多,肩膀宽阔,面容和善,肤色泛红,因常年的旅行布满了皱纹。
旁白 neutral
The natural movement of his very black eyebrows gave him a look of a quick, but not a bad, temper
他那乌黑眉毛的自然动作,让他看起来脾气急躁,但并不坏。
旁白 neutral
" Come in," he said, sounding very stately and condescending
“进来吧,”他说,语气高傲而带着居高临下的意味。
旁白 neutral
" Good evening, Dance," the doctor said with a nod
“晚上好,丹斯,”医生点了点头说。
旁白 neutral
" And good evening to you, Jim. What brings you here?"
“也祝你晚上好,吉姆。你怎么来了?”
旁白 neutral
Captain Dance told his story, and the two gentlemen leaned forward, forgetting to smoke in their surprise and interest
丹斯船长开始讲述事情的经过,两位绅士身体前倾,惊讶和兴趣让他们忘了抽烟。
旁白 neutral
Squire Trelawney rose and started to pace, and the doctor, as if to hear better, took off his powdered wig and sat there
特里劳尼乡绅站起身,来回踱步,医生为了听得更清楚,摘下了扑粉的假发,端坐在那儿,
旁白 neutral
looking odd with his close-cropped black hair
留着一头贴着头皮的黑色短发,看起来有些古怪。
旁白 neutral
When they heard how my mother had bravely gone back to the inn, Dr. Livesey slapped his thigh and Trelawney cried," Bravo!"
当他们听到我母亲如何勇敢地返回客栈时,李甫西大夫一拍大腿,特里劳尼喊道:“好样的!”
旁白 neutral
" And that's the whole story," Captain Dance said at last
“事情的经过就是这样,”丹斯船长最后说道。
旁白 neutral
" Trampling that wicked scoundrel was an act of virtue," the squire said," like stamping on a cockroach."
“踩死那个坏蛋是正义之举,”乡绅说道,“就像踩死一只蟑螂。”
旁白 neutral
" Do you have what they were after, Jim?" the doctor asked
“吉姆,他们想要的东西在你身上吗?”医生问道。
旁白 neutral
" Here it is, sir." I gave him the bundle of papers
“在这儿,先生。”我把那包文件递给了他。
旁白 neutral
The doctor looked excited, as if his fingers were itching to open the bundle right away, but he put it quietly in his coat pocket instead
医生看起来很兴奋,好像手指发痒,恨不得立刻拆开那包东西,但他并没有这么做,而是平静地把它放进了外套口袋里。
旁白 neutral
" Thank you again, Captain Dance," the squire said
“再次感谢你,丹斯船长。”乡绅说道。
旁白 neutral
" Jim can sleep here tonight. Dance, you are dismissed."
“吉姆今晚可以睡在这儿。丹斯,你可以退下了。”
旁白 neutral
The captain bowed and left the room, and I sat down at a side table to eat a pigeon pie a maid had brought me
船长鞠了一躬,离开了房间,而我则在一张靠墙的桌子旁坐下,吃起女仆给我端来的鸽子派。
旁白 neutral
" Have you heard of this Flint?" the doctor asked the squire
“您听说过这个叫弗林特的人吗?”医生问乡绅。
旁白 neutral
" Have I heard of him!" the squire cried
“何止是听说过呀!”乡绅大声说道。
旁白 neutral
" Flint was the most bloodthirsty pirate that ever sailed!"
“弗林特是有史以来最冷血的海盗!”
旁白 neutral
" Suppose I have here in my coat pocket some clue as to where Flint buried his treasure," said the doctor
“假设我上衣口袋里现在就揣着弗林特藏宝的线索,”大夫说道。
旁白 neutral
" How much treasure do you think might be involved?"
“你估计那批财宝价值有多少?”
旁白 neutral
" If we had a clue like that," Trelawney cried," I'd hire a ship to take us there immediately, and I'd have that treasure in a year."
“要是真有一条那样的线索,”特里劳尼喊道,“我立马就雇条船去,一年之内就把那宝藏弄到手。”
旁白 neutral
The doctor took out the papers and said," If Jim agrees, let's open this."
大夫拿出文件,说道:“要是吉姆同意,咱们就打开吧。”
旁白 neutral
I nodded and got up from the side table as the doctor opened the bundle
我点了点头,从旁边的桌子上起身,大夫打开了那捆东西。
旁白 neutral
Inside was a book and a sealed paper
里面是一本册子和一张封好的纸。
旁白 neutral
" First, let's inspect the book," the doctor said
“咱们先看看这本册子。”大夫说。
旁白 neutral
The squire and I peered over the doctor's shoulder, and we saw that the first ten pages were filled with a curious series of entries
乡绅和我从大夫肩后望过去,只见头十页写满了一串奇怪的记录。
旁白 neutral
At one end of each line was a date, and at the other end, a sum of money
每行一端是日期,另一端是一笔金额。
旁白 neutral
Between the two were a varying number of crosses
两者之间标着数目不一的叉号。
旁白 neutral
" I don't understand it," Dr. Livesey said
“我看不懂这个。”李甫西大夫说。
旁白 neutral
" It's an account book," Trelawney cried
“这是一本账簿!”特里劳尼叫道。
旁白 neutral
" The crosses stand for ships or towns that they sank or plundered, and the sums are the scoundrel's share
“这些叉号代表他们击沉或劫掠的船只或城镇,数目则是那个恶棍的分成。
旁白 neutral
God help the poor souls who crossed paths with Flint!"
老天可怜那些跟弗林特打交道的可怜人!”
旁白 neutral
" And look!" the doctor said." The amounts increase as the years pass."
“瞧!”大夫说,“这笔数目一年比一年多。”
旁白 neutral
" As he rose in the ranks of pirates, his share got bigger," explained Trelawney
“随着他在海盗中地位上升,他的分成也越来越大。”特里劳尼解释道。
旁白 neutral
Then the squire noticed something else in the book
这时,乡绅注意到簿子里还有别的东西。
旁白 neutral
" Look, Flint even had a table to figure out the different values of foreign coins."
“瞧啊,弗林特甚至有一张换算不同外国钱币价值的表格。”
旁白 neutral
" No one was going to cheat him!" laughed the doctor
“谁也甭想糊弄他!”大夫笑道。
旁白 neutral
" And now," Trelawney said," for the other item."
“那么现在,”特里劳尼说,“来看看另一件东西。”
旁白 neutral
The doctor carefully opened the sealed paper, and a map of an island fell out, with latitude and longitude, and every inlet, hill, and bay marked —
大夫小心翼翼地拆开那卷密封的纸,一张岛屿地图掉了出来,上面标着经纬度,每一处水湾、山丘和海港都绘制得一清二楚——
旁白 neutral
everything that would be needed to safely anchor a ship upon its shores
所有能让一艘船安全地在岸边抛锚所需的细节,全都应有尽有。
旁白 neutral
Nine miles long and five across, the island had two landlocked harbors and a hill marked " The Spyglass."
这座岛长九英里,宽五英里,拥有两个陆地环绕的港口,还有一座山丘被标注为“望远镜山”。
旁白 neutral
Below a red cross, in small, neat handwriting," Bulk of treasure here " was written, and on the back of the map, these notes:
在一个红十字标记下方,用细小而工整的笔迹写着“大部分宝藏在此”,而在地图的背面,还有这些备注:
旁白 neutral
Tall tree, Spyglass shoulder bearing N. of N. N. E
高树,望远镜山肩,方位北偏东北。
旁白 neutral
Skeleton Island E. S. E. and by E
骷髅岛,方位东南东偏东。
旁白 neutral
Ten feet
十英尺。
旁白 neutral
The bar silver is in the north cache; by the east hill
银条在北边的藏宝处;靠东山的那边,
旁白 neutral
ten fathoms south of black crag with a face on it
在那块像是有张人脸的黑崖以南十英寻。
旁白 neutral
The arms are in the sand hill, N. point of north inlet cape, bearing E. and a quarter N
武器埋在沙丘里,位于北湾海岬的北端,方位东偏北四分之一北。
旁白 neutral
J. F
J.F.
旁白 neutral
" It's incomprehensible to me," I said as the squire and Dr. Livesey laughed
“这对我来说简直像天书。”我说,这时乡绅和李甫西大夫都笑了起来。
旁白 neutral
" I'll start for Bristol tomorrow," Trelawney said
“我明天就动身去布里斯托尔,”特里劳尼说,
旁白 neutral
" We'll have the best ship and crew in England, and Hawkins will be our cabin boy
“我们将拥有全英格兰最好的船和船员,霍金斯你来当我们的船舱服务员。
旁白 neutral
Livesey will be ship's doctor, I'll be the admiral, and we'll take my men Tom Redruth, Richard Joyce, and John Hunter
李甫西当随船医生,我呢,就当舰队司令,我们还要带上我的人:汤姆·雷德鲁斯、理查德·乔伊斯和约翰·亨特。
旁白 neutral
We'll have no trouble finding the spot, and we'll have plenty of money to enjoy forever after."
找到那个地方肯定不费吹灰之力,然后我们就会有花不完的钱,这辈子享福不尽喽。”
旁白 neutral
" I'll go," the doctor said," and Jim will be a credit to the undertaking, but there's only one man I'm afraid of."
“我会去的,”大夫说,“而且吉姆也绝不会给这次行动丢脸,不过,有一个人让我放心不下。”
旁白 neutral
" Who's that?" Trelawney cried." Name him, sir!"
“是谁?”特里劳尼大声问道,“说出来,先生!”
旁白 neutral
" You," the doctor said." You can't hold your tongue
“就是你,”大夫说,“你这张嘴太不严实了。
旁白 neutral
We're not the only men who want that money
想要这笔钱的,我们可不是独一份儿。
旁白 neutral
The pirates who attacked the inn tonight are bold and desperate men, and they're not far off
今晚袭击客栈的那些海盗,都是些胆大包天的亡命之徒,而且他们离我们不远。
旁白 neutral
We must not breathe a word of what we've found."
关于我们的发现,绝不能走漏半点风声。”
旁白 neutral
" I'll be as silent as the grave," Trelawney vowed
“我一定守口如瓶,跟坟墓一样安静,”特里劳尼发誓道。