E05 · Episodes
005 瞎子的末路
瞎子的末路
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 5 — 瞎子的末路.
68 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
My curiosity was stronger than my fear, so I crept back toward the inn, hid behind a bush, and watched as my enemies began to arrive
我的好奇心战胜了恐惧,于是我悄悄溜回客栈,躲在灌木丛后面,看着我的敌人们开始到来。
旁白 neutral
Five of them ran along the road, with a man holding a lantern in front
他们中有五个人沿路跑来,最前面一个人提着灯笼。
旁白 neutral
Right behind them were three men, hand in hand; the man in the middle was blind
紧跟着他们的是三个手拉手的人;中间那个是个瞎子。
旁白 neutral
" Knock down the door!" the blind man cried
"把门砸开!" 瞎子喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Aye, aye, sir!" two men answered, and then they ran at the door
"是,是,长官!" 两个男人应声答道,随即向门口冲去。
旁白 neutral
I saw them pause in confusion and surprise when they discovered that the door was open
我看到他们发现门是开着的时候,困惑而惊讶地停了下来。
旁白 neutral
Then the blind man shouted," Go in! In! In!"
接着那瞎子喊道:"进去!进去!进去!"
旁白 neutral
He cursed at the men for their delay
他咒骂那些人的迟疑。
旁白 neutral
Five of them obeyed at once while two stayed in the road with the blind man
其中五个人立刻遵命行事,另外两个则和那瞎子留在了路上。
旁白 neutral
There was a cry of surprise, and then someone shouted from the house," Bill's dead!"
屋里传来一声惊呼,接着有人喊道:"比尔死了!"
旁白 neutral
The blind man swore again." Search him, and then get the chest!"
瞎子又咒骂起来。“搜他的身,然后把箱子拿来!”
旁白 neutral
I could hear their feet rattling up our stairs; they made the whole house shake
我能听见他们的脚把楼梯踩得咚咚响,整座房子都摇晃起来。
旁白 neutral
The window of the captain's room was thrown open with a slam and a jingle of broken glass
船长房间的窗户猛地被推开,砰的一声,碎玻璃叮当作响。
旁白 neutral
A man leaned out into the moonlight and addressed the blind man on the road below
一个男人探出身子,在月光下朝下面路上的瞎子喊话。
旁白 neutral
" Pew," he cried," someone got here first. The chest is open."
“皮尤,”他喊道,“有人先来过了。箱子是开着的。”
旁白 neutral
" Did you find them?" roared Pew, the blind man
“找到了吗?”瞎子皮尤吼道。
旁白 neutral
" Some money's there."
“有一些钱还在。”
旁白 neutral
" I don't care about the money, you swab," cursed Pew." Flint's secret papers, I mean."
“我才不管什么钱,你这蠢货,”皮尤骂道,“我说的是弗林特的秘密文件。”
旁白 neutral
" We don't see anything that looks like that," the man replied
“我们没看到那样的东西。”那人回答。
旁白 neutral
" You, below there, are the papers on Bill?" Pew cried to the men on the first floor
“你们,下面的人,比尔身上有文件吗?”皮尤朝一楼的人喊道。
旁白 neutral
At that, another fellow came to the door of the inn
这时,另一个人来到了客栈门口。
旁白 neutral
" Bill's been searched already," he said." Nothing's left."
“比尔已经被搜过了,”他说,“什么都没留下。”
旁白 neutral
" It's those inn people — it's that boy. I wish I'd put his eyes out!" Pew cried
“是客栈那些人——是那个小子。我真该把他的眼珠子挖出来!”皮尤喊道。
旁白 neutral
" They can't be far. Scatter, lads. Find them!"
“他们走不远。散开,伙计们。找到他们!”
旁白 neutral
Heavy feet pounded to and fro, and the men toppled furniture over and kicked in the doors of every room
沉重的脚步声来回响着,那些人推倒家具,踢开每个房间的门。
旁白 neutral
Then the men came out again, one after another, onto the road
接着,那些人一个接一个地又走出来,到了路上。
旁白 neutral
" They aren't here," one announced
“他们不在这儿,”一个人宣布。
旁白 neutral
The whistle that had frightened my mother and me earlier sounded two times
之前吓到我和妈妈的那声口哨又响了两下。
旁白 neutral
Then, I had thought it was Pew calling his men to assault us
当时,我还以为那是皮尤叫他的手下袭击我们,
旁白 neutral
but now, I realized it was a warning signal from a lookout hiding somewhere near the village
可现在,我意识到那是藏在村子附近的望风者发出的警告信号。
旁白 neutral
" There's the signal," a man said
“信号来了,”一个人说。
旁白 neutral
" That means the law is coming. Let's go!"
“这意味着执法队来了。我们走!”
旁白 neutral
" You dogs, you're so close," cried Pew
“你们这些狗东西,近在咫尺啊,”皮尤喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Scatter and look for Bill's secret! Oh, if I only had eyes!"
“散开,去找比尔的秘密!哦,要是我有眼睛该多好!”
旁白 neutral
At Pew's urging, two fellows began to look here and there, but half-heartedly, with an eye to their own danger all the time
在皮尤的催促下,两个家伙开始四处查看,但心不在焉,始终留意着自己的危险。
旁白 neutral
The rest stood on the road, unsure what to do
其余的人站在路上,不知所措。
旁白 neutral
" You could be as rich as kings, you fools!" Pew shouted
“你们本可以富比王侯,你们这些傻瓜!”皮尤喊道。
旁白 neutral
" But you're just standing around!
“可你们就只是傻站着!
旁白 neutral
I'll end up a poor beggar, when I could be riding in a fine coach!
我本可以坐着华丽的马车,到头来却要当个可怜的乞丐!”
旁白 neutral
If you had any guts, you'd catch that boy."
“你们要是有点胆量,就去抓住那个男孩。”
旁白 neutral
" Forget it, Pew. We've got the money!" grumbled one man
“算了,皮尤。钱我们已经拿到了!”一个男人抱怨道。
旁白 neutral
" The boy and his parents might have hid the papers," another said
“那孩子和他父母可能把文件藏起来了,”另一个人说。
旁白 neutral
" Take the money, Pew, and don't stand here squawking."
“拿着钱走吧,皮尤,别站在这儿瞎叫唤了。”
旁白 neutral
Pew struck blindly at his men right and left, with his stick hitting a few of them
皮尤左右开弓,瞎打着他手下的人,拐杖打中了其中几个。
旁白 neutral
They, in turn, cursed at the sightless villain and tried in vain to catch the stick and take it from him
他们也反过来咒骂这个瞎眼的恶棍,并徒劳地想抓住拐杖,从他手里夺过来。
旁白 neutral
Their quarrel saved my mother and me, for while it was raging, there was another sound — horses galloping
他们的争吵救了我和我母亲,因为正当吵得激烈时,传来了另一个声音——马蹄的奔腾声。
旁白 neutral
The pirates heard it too. They turned and ran, separating in every direction so that in half a minute no one remained but Pew
海盗们也听到了。他们转身就跑,朝四面八方散开,不到半分钟,就只剩下皮尤一个人了。
旁白 neutral
He tapped up and down the road in a frenzy, groping and calling
他发狂似的在路上上下敲打着拐杖,一边摸索,一边喊叫。
旁白 neutral
Finally he took a wrong turn and ran a few steps past me, crying," Alan, Tom, Job," and other names," don't leave old Pew, mates — not old Pew!"
最后他转错了弯,跑了几步经过我身边,哭喊着:“艾伦、汤姆、约伯,”还有其他名字,“别丢下老皮尤,伙计们——别丢下老皮尤!”
旁白 neutral
The noise of the horses grew louder, and five riders swept down the road at a full gallop. Pew screamed and ran straight into a ditch
马蹄声越来越响,五名骑手全速飞驰而来。皮尤尖叫一声,径直跑进了一条沟里。
旁白 neutral
But he was on his feet again in a second and made another dash, now utterly bewildered, right into the path of the nearest horse
但他一秒后又站了起来,再次猛冲,这时他完全晕头转向,刚好冲到最近那匹马的路上。
旁白 neutral
The rider tried to stop, but Pew went down with a terrible cry
骑手试图停下,但皮尤发出一声可怕的惨叫,倒了下去。
旁白 neutral
The four hoofs trampled him as he fell on his side and then collapsed face down, moving no more
他侧身倒下,四只马蹄从他身上踩踏过去,接着他脸朝下瘫倒在地,再也不动了。
旁白 neutral
As the riders pulled up, I leaped to my feet, horrified at the accident
骑手们勒住马时,我跳了起来,被这意外吓坏了。
旁白 neutral
A lad from the village was trailing behind the horsemen
一个村里的小伙子跟在骑手们后面。
旁白 neutral
" These men are military officers," he told me
“这些人是军官,”他告诉我。
旁白 neutral
" I met them and recruited them to help on my way to Dr. Livesey's."
“我在去找利夫西大夫的路上遇到了他们,就叫他们来帮忙。”
旁白 neutral
Pew was dead, and his crew had fled back to their ship, chased by the horsemen
皮尤死了,他的同伙在骑手们的追赶下逃回了他们的船上。
旁白 neutral
As for my mother, we carried her to the village, and cold water and smelling salts soon had her back to normal
至于我母亲,我们把她抬回了村里,用凉水和嗅盐很快就让她恢复了正常。
旁白 neutral
When I finally returned to the Admiral Benbow with Captain Dance, one of the officers, I saw that the house was completely wrecked
最后我和其中一位军官丹斯队长回到“本鲍将军”客栈时,看到房子已经被彻底毁坏了。
旁白 neutral
" We are ruined!" I cried, looking at the result of the pirates' furious hunt
“我们完了!”我看着海盗们疯狂搜查后的结果,哭喊道。
旁白 neutral
Captain Dance was sympathetic." What were they after? Money?"
丹斯队长很同情我。“他们找什么?钱吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No, sir, not money," I replied
“不,先生,不是钱,”我回答。
旁白 neutral
" I believe I have what they were looking for in my breast pocket
“ 我想我把他们要找的东西放在我胸前的口袋里了。
旁白 neutral
I'd like to show it to Dr. Livesey."
我想把它拿给利夫西大夫看看。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, I have to ride there and report what happened back to him and the squire," he said cheerily as he mounted his horse
“嗯,我正要去那儿,把发生的事报告给他和乡绅,”他一边上马,一边高兴地说。
旁白 neutral
" So come along, Hawkins."
“那就一起走吧,霍金斯。”
旁白 neutral
" Thank you, sir," I said as he offered his hand and then pulled me up behind him in the saddle
“谢谢您,先生,”我说着,他伸出手,把我拉上马,坐在他身后的马鞍上。