Level 6 · 汤姆·索亚历险记
🎬

E10 · Episodes

010 汤姆的梦想

汤姆的梦想

Little Fox · The Adventures of Tom Sawyer · Episode 10 — 汤姆的梦想.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The morning after the funeral Aunt Polly's kisses stopped

葬礼后的早晨,波莉姨妈的亲吻停止了。

旁白 neutral

At breakfast she was angry

早餐时,她怒气冲冲。

旁白 neutral

" Tom Sawyer, I cannot believe you were so hard-hearted

“汤姆·索亚,我真不敢相信你这么铁石心肠。

旁白 neutral

You made me, and everyone else, suffer for almost a week

你让我,还有其他所有人,痛苦了将近一个星期。

旁白 neutral

You paddled on a log to come to your funeral

你划着根木头来参加自己的葬礼。

旁白 neutral

You could have at least come home and let me know that you weren't dead."

你至少可以回家来,让我知道你没死啊。”

旁白 neutral

Tom looked away

汤姆移开了视线。

旁白 neutral

He knew that his aunt had suffered because of him, and his conscience wouldn't allow him to forget it

他知道姨妈因为他而痛苦,他的良心不允许他忘记这一点。

旁白 neutral

" You should have let me know," continued Aunt Polly

“你本该让我知道的,”波莉姨妈继续说道。

旁白 neutral

Tom was sure that his guilty conscience was showing

汤姆确信自己内疚的表情一定很明显。

旁白 neutral

" Tell me, Tom, that you would have come if you had thought of it."

“告诉我,汤姆,你要是想到了,就会回来吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I... ah... well... I don't know," stammered Tom

“我……啊……嗯……我不知道,”汤姆结结巴巴地说。

旁白 neutral

" It would have spoiled everything."

“那会毁了一切的。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Tom, you break my heart," said Aunt Polly

“哦,汤姆,你伤透我的心了,”波莉姨妈说。

旁白 neutral

" If you loved me, you would have come home

“你要是爱我,你就会回家来了。

旁白 neutral

But all you care about are your ruined plans."

可你只在乎你那泡汤的计划。”

旁白 neutral

Tom's conscience was paining him greatly

汤姆内心非常不安。

旁白 neutral

" You know, Auntie, I care for you."

“你知道的,姨妈,我在乎你。”

旁白 neutral

" I'd know better if you acted more like it," answered his aunt in a hurt tone

“你要是表现得更在乎些,我就更清楚了,”姨妈用受伤的语气回答。

旁白 neutral

" I did wrong," confessed Tom

“我做错了,”汤姆承认道。

旁白 neutral

" I should have thought of you. In any case I did dream of you."

"我本该想着你的。但不管怎样,我确实梦到你了。"

旁白 neutral

" That isn't much," said Aunt Polly sadly." But what did you dream about?"

"这算不上什么,"波莉姨妈难过地说。"不过你梦到了什么?"

旁白 neutral

" It was Wednesday night, and I dreamed that you and Joe's mother were sitting here."

"是星期三晚上,我梦见你和乔的妈妈坐在这里。"

旁白 neutral

" Why, she was here!" exclaimed Aunt Polly." What else did you dream about?"

"哎呀,她确实在这儿!"波莉姨妈叫道。"你还梦到了什么?"

旁白 neutral

" Oh, lots of stuff," said Tom." But it's all kind of hazy."

"哦,好多事呢,"汤姆说。"不过都模模糊糊的。"

旁白 neutral

" Do try to remember," urged Aunt Polly

"务必试着回想一下,"波莉姨妈催促道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, there was the wind, it blew..."

"嗯,有风,风吹得……"

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Aunt Polly excitedly

"对,"波莉姨妈激动地说。

旁白 neutral

" The wind did blow something. What did it blow?"

"风确实吹动了什么。吹动了什么?"

旁白 neutral

Tom pressed his fingers to his forehead and said," It blew the candle."

汤姆用手指按住额头说:"吹灭了蜡烛。"

旁白 neutral

" Mercy!" exclaimed Aunt Polly." That's right. Go on."

“天啊!”波莉姨妈惊叹道,“就是这样。接着说。”

旁白 neutral

" It's all coming back to me now," cried Tom

“我全都想起来了,”汤姆喊道。

旁白 neutral

" You said I wasn't bad, and then you started to cry."

“你们说我不坏,然后您就哭了起来。”

旁白 neutral

" I did," said Aunt Polly

“我是这样说的,”波莉姨妈说。

旁白 neutral

" Sereny Harper is going to hear about this before I'm an hour older. Go on."

“不出一个小时,我就得把这事告诉赛伦尼·哈珀。接着说。”

旁白 neutral

" Then Joe's mother started crying," Tom continued," and she said Joe wasn't bad either

“然后乔的母亲也哭了起来,”汤姆继续说,“她说乔也不坏。”

旁白 neutral

She also wished she hadn't punished Joe for taking the cream when she was the one who had thrown it out."

她还希望自己不曾因为乔拿奶油而惩罚他,而那奶油其实是她自己扔掉的。”

旁白 neutral

" Tom," cried Aunt Polly," you were dreaming like a prophet."

“汤姆,”波莉姨妈喊道,“你做这个梦,简直像个预言家。”

旁白 neutral

Tom told his aunt everything

汤姆把事情全都告诉了姨妈。

旁白 neutral

He didn't leave out a thing, and Aunt Polly was in awe

他什么都没漏掉,波莉姨妈听得惊讶不已。

旁白 neutral

Finally Tom said," I think you prayed for me. I was sorry

最后汤姆说:“我想你为我祈祷了。我很后悔。

旁白 neutral

So I wrote a note saying we weren't dead

所以我写了张字条,说我们没死。

旁白 neutral

I put it on your table, and then I kissed you."

我把它放在你桌上,然后亲了你一下。”

旁白 neutral

" I know it's only a dream, but I can forgive you now," said Aunt Polly, hugging Tom

“我知道这只是一个梦,但我现在能原谅你了。”波莉姨妈说着,拥抱了汤姆。

旁白 neutral

Sid thought the dream sounded too perfect to be a dream, but he kept his opinion to himself

锡德觉得这个梦听起来太完美了,不像是梦,但他没把自己的想法说出来。

旁白 neutral

When Tom was at school, Aunt Polly went to tell Joe's mother about the dream

汤姆上学时,波莉姨妈去把那个梦告诉了乔的母亲。

旁白 neutral

At lunch Tom came home to a very angry aunt

午饭时,汤姆回到家,发现姨妈非常生气。

旁白 neutral

" I should skin you alive," she said

“我真该活剥你的皮。”她说。

旁白 neutral

" I ran over to Sereny Harper like an old fool

“我像个老傻瓜一样跑去塞蕾妮·哈珀家。

旁白 neutral

I told her about your amazing dream

我告诉了她你那个神奇的梦。

旁白 neutral

She told me that Joe had told her you were here that night

她告诉我,乔跟她说你那晚来过这里。

旁白 neutral

It wasn't a dream at all!"

那根本就不是梦!

旁白 neutral

Tom truly felt sorry for his joke

汤姆真为自己的玩笑感到抱歉。

旁白 neutral

It had seemed like a good idea at breakfast, but now it just seemed mean

吃早饭时这主意似乎还不错,可现在只觉得太刻薄了。

旁白 neutral

" You let me make a fool of myself

“你让我出尽了洋相。”

旁白 neutral

What kind of boy are you?" asked Aunt Polly. Tom hung his head in shame

“你算哪门子的孩子?”波莉姨妈问。汤姆羞愧地低下了头。

旁白 neutral

" Why did you come over that night?

“那晚你为什么过来?”

旁白 neutral

Did you come to laugh at our troubles?" she demanded

“是来笑话我们难过吗?”她质问道。

旁白 neutral

" No," said Tom." I came to tell you not to worry

“不是的,”汤姆说,“我是来告诉你别担心的。”

旁白 neutral

I even wrote a note on a piece of bark

我甚至在一块树皮上写了张字条。

旁白 neutral

When I got the idea about the funeral, I put the note back in my pocket

等我想到葬礼的主意后,就把字条放回口袋了。

旁白 neutral

But I did kiss you good-night." The hard lines on his aunt's face melted

但我确实亲了你,跟你道了晚安。姨妈脸上那严厉的线条缓和了下来。

旁白 neutral

The emotion in Tom's voice sounded too real for this to be a lie

汤姆声音里的感情听起来太真切了,不像是谎言。

旁白 neutral

After Tom returned to school, Aunt Polly wanted to see if she could find the piece of bark

汤姆回学校后,波莉姨妈想看看能不能找到那块树皮。

旁白 neutral

She wondered if Tom really did write a note, or if this was just another one of his stories

她琢磨着汤姆是不是真的写了张字条,或者这又是他编的一个故事。

旁白 neutral

Aunt Polly couldn't decide what to do, so she stood for several minutes, debating with herself

波莉姨妈拿不定主意该怎么办,她站了好几分钟,心里纠结着。

旁白 neutral

Curiosity finally got the better of her

好奇心最终还是占了上风。

旁白 neutral

She went into Tom's room and looked around

她走进汤姆的房间,四处看了看。

旁白 neutral

Lying on the floor was the piece of bark, and on the back was Tom's note

地板上就躺着那块树皮,背面是汤姆写的字条。

旁白 neutral

As Aunt Polly read it, tears came to her eyes

波莉姨妈读着读着,泪水涌上了眼眶。

旁白 neutral

" Now I can forgive Tom, even though he has committed a million sins," she murmured

“现在我能原谅汤姆了,就算他犯下过数不清的过错。”她喃喃自语道。