Level 6 · 瑞士家庭鲁滨逊
🎬

E21 · Episodes

021 更多发现

更多发现

Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 21 — 更多发现.

77 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It was late evening, but I didn't want to waste a moment

天色已晚,但我不想耽搁片刻。

旁白 neutral

I saddled Swift and prepared to go to the aid of the boys

我给斯威夫特备好鞍,准备去帮助孩子们。

旁白 neutral

" Ernest, you and Mother should follow me tomorrow in the little cart," I said

“欧内斯特,你明天和妈妈坐小篷车跟上来,”我说道。

旁白 neutral

" Bring everything we'll need for camping out."

“带上我们露营需要的一切。”

旁白 neutral

The bright moonlight made my journey easy

皎洁的月光让我的路途很轻松。

旁白 neutral

When I arrived, the boys were delighted because they had not expected me until the next day

我到达时,孩子们高兴极了,他们本以为我第二天才会到。

旁白 neutral

The following morning we went out to inspect the damage

第二天一早,我们出去查看损坏情况。

旁白 neutral

Thick posts in the Gap fence had been snapped like twigs

山谷口围栏上粗大的木桩像细枝一样被折断了。

旁白 neutral

Nearby trees were stripped of leaves and branches

附近的树木被剥光了叶子和枝干。

旁白 neutral

But the worst mischief had taken place in the sugarcane field

但最严重的破坏发生在甘蔗田里。

旁白 neutral

The young plants had all either been devoured, or trampled and destroyed

幼苗不是被啃食殆尽,就是被践踏毁坏了。

旁白 neutral

" Only one animal could have done this," I said

“只有一种动物能造成这样的破坏,”我说道。

旁白 neutral

" The elephant. And judging by the number of footprints, a whole troop of elephants has invaded our territory."

“大象。而且从脚印数量来看,整整一群大象入侵了我们的地盘。”

旁白 neutral

But as we examined the footprints, I noticed that they also went back through the Gap

然而,当我们仔细检查脚印时,我发现它们也穿过隘口回去了。

旁白 neutral

" I don't think any of them are hiding in our woods," I concluded

“我想它们并没有藏在我们林子里的,”我判断道。

旁白 neutral

" Then if we build an even stronger fence, we can keep them out," said Fritz

“那么,我们只要建一道更坚固的栅栏,不就能把它们挡在外面了。”弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

Mother and Ernest arrived later in the day

妈妈和欧内斯特是那天晚些时候到的。

旁白 neutral

My wife made light of the damage done by the elephants

我妻子对大象造成的破坏轻描淡写。

旁白 neutral

She was just happy to find everyone safe

看到大家都平安无事,她就放心了。

旁白 neutral

But building a stronger fence was a big project. It took us a month

但建造更坚固的栅栏是个大工程,花去了我们一个月的时间。

旁白 neutral

During that time we replaced our tent with a sturdy tree house

在那段时间里,我们用一座坚固的树屋取代了帐篷。

旁白 neutral

We chose four trees that grew in a square

我们选了四棵呈正方形生长的树。

旁白 neutral

About twenty feet from the ground, we built a platform

离地面大约二十英尺处,我们搭建了一个平台。

旁白 neutral

We covered the sides with bamboo and the roof with bark

我们用竹子覆盖侧面,树皮覆盖屋顶。

旁白 neutral

Below the house, we made space for our birds and animals

在树屋下面,我们为鸟儿和动物们腾出空间。

旁白 neutral

The black swans were soon tame and friendly

黑天鹅很快就变得温顺又友善了。

旁白 neutral

Constantly roaming through the woods, the boys often made new discoveries

男孩们经常在树林里漫游,时常有新发现。

旁白 neutral

One day Fritz brought back some bananas and some cocoa beans

一天,弗里茨带回了一些香蕉和可可豆。

旁白 neutral

" How do you eat a banana?" asked little Franz

“香蕉怎么吃呀?”小弗兰茨问。

旁白 neutral

I peeled one and handed it to him." Try it," I said

我剥了一个递给他。“尝尝看,”我说。

旁白 neutral

He took a bite and spit it out." Oh, it tastes like rotten pear!"

他咬了一口就吐了出来。"哦,味道像烂梨!"

旁白 neutral

Jack tried the cocoa beans with no more success

杰克尝了尝可可豆,同样不太成功。

旁白 neutral

" Too bitter!" he exclaimed

"太苦了!"他叫道。

旁白 neutral

" Are you sure this is the plant that produces chocolate?"

"你确定这就是产巧克力的植物吗?"

旁白 neutral

" I understand that you have to properly prepare it," said Ernest

"我知道你得先好好加工才行,"欧内斯特说。

旁白 neutral

" It would be lovely to have hot chocolate for breakfast," my wife said to me

"早餐能喝上热巧克力就太好了,"我妻子对我说。

旁白 neutral

" Could you bring back some seedlings and grow some cocoa for me at Rockburg?"

"你能带些幼苗回来,帮我在岩堡种些可可吗?"

旁白 neutral

" We could try," I said

"我们可以试试,"我说。

旁白 neutral

" Let's gather some banana seedlings too," she said

"我们也挖些香蕉苗吧,"她说。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps we'll acquire a taste for that fruit."

"也许我们会慢慢喜欢上那种水果。"

旁白 neutral

The day before our return to Rockburg, Fritz went out to gather the plants

返回石堡的前一天,弗里茨外出采集植物。

旁白 neutral

He took the kayak and a bundle of reeds to float behind it like a raft

他带上了独木舟,还有一捆芦苇,像筏子一样拖在舟后。

旁白 neutral

That evening his brothers rushed to meet him on the riverbank

那天傍晚,他的兄弟们跑到河边迎接他。

旁白 neutral

The raft was loaded down with cargo

筏子上堆满了货物。

旁白 neutral

Ernest and Franz came running up the bank with their arms filled with plants

恩斯特和弗兰茨抱着满怀的植物跑上岸来。

旁白 neutral

Fritz handed Jack a dripping wet bag

弗里茨递给杰克一个湿淋淋的袋子。

旁白 neutral

Jack took it and ran behind a bush

杰克接过袋子,跑到灌木丛后面。

旁白 neutral

" What monsters they are!" Fritz exclaimed

“它们可真是怪物!”弗里茨喊道。

旁白 neutral

My wife and I looked at each other. We had no idea what he was talking about

我和妻子面面相觑,完全不知道他在说什么。

旁白 neutral

After supper Fritz explained

晚饭后,弗里茨做了解释。

旁白 neutral

" From the river I saw some huge, dark masses moving slowly among the trees

“从河上我看到一些巨大的黑色团块在树林间缓慢移动。

旁白 neutral

What do you think they were?"

你觉得它们是什么?”

旁白 neutral

" Black bears?" guessed Jack

“熊吗?”杰克猜道。

旁白 neutral

" From your description, I'd say elephants," said Ernest

“听你的描述,我猜是大象。”欧内斯特说。

旁白 neutral

" Right you are!" replied Fritz

“说得没错!”弗里茨答道。

旁白 neutral

" About twenty elephants were tearing down branches with their trunks and shoving them into their mouths."

“大约二十头大象正用鼻子扯下树枝,往嘴里塞。”

旁白 neutral

" Weren't you afraid?" asked little Franz

“你不害怕吗?”小弗兰茨问。

旁白 neutral

" The river was very wide so I felt safe from wild animals

“河面很宽,所以我觉得不用担心野兽。

旁白 neutral

More than once I saw some splendid jaguars sunbathing on the banks

我不止一次看到一些漂亮的美洲豹在岸上晒太阳。

旁白 neutral

Then on my return home, the water suddenly started to bubble furiously in front of me

然后在我回家的路上,水面突然在我面前猛烈地冒泡。

旁白 neutral

Up rose the hideous head of a hippopotamus!"

一头河马那丑陋的脑袋冒了出来!”

旁白 neutral

" What did you do?" asked Mother

“你怎么办了?”妈妈问。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't wait to see the rest of him. I paddled home as fast as I could."

“我没等着看它全身。我拼命划回了家。”

旁白 neutral

The next morning we returned to Rockburg. Fritz made the trip by kayak

第二天早上我们返回了石堡。弗里茨划着皮艇也到了。

旁白 neutral

Jack carried Fritz's mysterious wet bag, which he deposited in the swamp

杰克拎着弗里茨那个神秘的湿袋子,把它放到了沼泽里。

旁白 neutral

Towards evening we sat on the porch talking

傍晚时分,我们坐在门廊上聊天。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly an extraordinary sound came from the swamp!

突然,沼泽里传来一阵奇怪的声音!

旁白 neutral

The dogs barked and the family jumped up in excitement

狗叫了起来,一家人激动地跳了起来。

旁白 neutral

" That sounds like a bull bellowing!" I said

“听起来像公牛在叫!”我说。

旁白 neutral

Jack rushed off toward the marsh

杰克朝沼泽冲了过去。

旁白 neutral

" Come back!" cried Mother

“回来!”妈妈喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Don't worry," said Fritz with a smile

“别担心。”弗里茨笑着说。

旁白 neutral

Jack soon returned, lugging the wet bag

杰克很快就回来了,拖着那个湿袋子。

旁白 neutral

" They were supposed to grow as big as rabbits before you saw them

“它们本该长到兔子那么大再给你们看的。

旁白 neutral

But I guess I'll have to show them to you now

但我想现在不得不给你们看了。

旁白 neutral

Everyone, meet Grace and Beauty."

各位,来认识一下淑女和美妞。”

旁白 neutral

He opened the bag and out hopped two immense bullfrogs

他打开袋子,两只巨大的牛蛙跳了出来。