Level 7 · 单集故事
🎬

E45 · Episodes

045 眼见为实

眼见为实

Little Fox Level 7 · Single Stories · Episode 45 — 眼见为实.

80 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Blurrie was very old and lived alone. She liked living by herself

布勒里太太年纪很大了,独自生活。她喜欢一个人住。

旁白 neutral

And though her children begged her to move in with them, she continued to live alone

虽然她的孩子们恳求她搬去和他们一起住,但她还是继续独自生活。

旁白 neutral

One day her independence faced a problem, however, when she noticed that she could not see very well

然而,有一天她的独立生活遇到了问题,她开始发现自己看不清东西了。

旁白 neutral

She had been making pancakes for breakfast and thought she had added oil to the batter

她当时正在做早餐的薄饼,以为自己往面糊里加了油。

旁白 neutral

However, when she put a bite of pancakes into her mouth, they tasted awful!

然而,当她吃了一口薄饼时,味道糟透了!

旁白 neutral

She realized she had added soap by mistake!

她意识到自己错把肥皂加进去了!

旁白 neutral

" I must get my eyes checked," she said to her favorite plant Harry

“我必须去检查一下眼睛,”她对她最喜欢的植物哈里说。

旁白 neutral

So she called Dr. Snatch that afternoon and asked him to come over and examine her eyes

于是,那天下午她给斯纳奇医生打了电话,请他过来检查她的眼睛。

旁白 neutral

" I will be there tomorrow morning at nine," the doctor said

“我明天早上九点到,”医生说。

旁白 neutral

At nine o'clock the doctor arrived. He pulled out his scopes and charts and checked Mrs. Blurrie's vision

九点钟,医生到了。他拿出检查仪器和视力表,检查了布勒里太太的视力。

旁白 neutral

He said " hmm " and " ohh " a lot

他嘴里不停地“嗯”啊“哦”的。

旁白 neutral

When she looked at his face, Mrs. Blurrie couldn't tell if he was rubbing his head or if it was growing

当布勒里太太看着他的脸时,她分不清他是在挠头,还是头上长了什么东西。

旁白 neutral

Even though Dr. Snatch was sitting close, he looked all blurry

尽管斯纳奇医生坐得很近,可在她看来,依然是一片模糊。

旁白 neutral

" I have some bad news, Mrs. Blurrie," he said

“布勒里太太,我有个坏消息,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" Your eyes are very old, and you are quickly going blind from a terrible disease."

“您的眼睛太老了,因为一场可怕的疾病,您很快就会失明。”

旁白 neutral

" Is there nothing you can do to make my eyes better?" Mrs. Blurrie pleaded." Please, I will do anything!"

“您就没办法让我的眼睛好起来吗?”布勒里太太恳求道,“求您了,让我做什么都行!”

旁白 neutral

" Well, I could do something, but it would be very expensive," Dr. Snatch said

“嗯,我倒是有个办法,不过这得花很多钱,”斯纳奇医生说。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, please. I will pay whatever you ask if you will only help me see again," she said

“哦,求您了。只要能帮我重见光明,您要多少钱我都给,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Very well," he agreed," but it will mean that I must come here every day for two weeks to give you a special treatment."

“那好吧,”他表示同意,“但这意味着,我得连续两周每天都到这儿来,为您进行一种特殊疗法。”

旁白 neutral

" Agreed. You may come anytime you wish."

“一言为定。您随时都可以来。”

旁白 neutral

Dr. Snatch shook hands with Mrs. Blurrie, and then he left

斯纳奇医生和布勒里太太握了握手,然后就离开了。

旁白 neutral

For the next two weeks, Dr. Snatch came to Mrs. Blurrie's house every day

接下来的两周里,斯纳奇医生每天都来布勒里太太家。

旁白 neutral

He would begin by having her lie down on the couch for ten minutes with a cloth over her eyes to relax the muscles

他会先让她在沙发上躺十分钟,眼睛上盖着一块布,来放松肌肉。

旁白 neutral

Then he would remove the cloth and place a special lotion on her eyelids

然后他会揭开布,在她的眼皮上涂抹一种特殊的乳液。

旁白 neutral

Finally he would put some drops into her eyes and have her lie down in a dark room for thirty minutes

最后,他会往她眼睛里滴些药水,然后让她在一间暗房里躺上三十分钟。

旁白 neutral

When the thirty minutes was over, Mrs. Blurrie would come out of her room, and Dr. Snatch would be gone

三十分钟结束后,布勒里太太从房间里出来时,斯纳奇医生已经走了。

旁白 neutral

Though Mrs. Blurrie was very patient, she didn't seem to be getting better

虽然布勒里太太很有耐心,但她的眼睛似乎并没有好转。

旁白 neutral

In fact, after every treatment, she couldn't see anything except big shapes and colors

事实上,每次治疗之后,除了大块的形状和颜色,她什么也看不见。

旁白 neutral

But every evening she would start to see a little better again, so Mrs. Blurrie told herself the medicine was starting to work

但每到傍晚,她的视力又会稍微好转一些,所以布勒里太太告诉自己,药物开始起效了。

旁白 neutral

What Mrs. Blurrie didn't realize was that Dr. Snatch was deceiving her

布勒里太太没有意识到的是,斯纳奇医生是在欺骗她。

旁白 neutral

He was covering her eyes and having her lie down to trick her

他之所以蒙住她的眼睛并让她躺下,是为了欺骗她。

旁白 neutral

In fact, the drops that he put in her eyes made her see even worse for a few hours!

事实上,他滴进她眼睛里的药水,会让她的视力在几个小时内变得更差!

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Blurrie didn't have a terrible eye disease

布勒里太太并没有患上可怕的眼疾。

旁白 neutral

Dr. Snatch was making her vision worse so that he could steal from her while she couldn't see!

斯纳奇医生是在故意弄坏她的视力,好趁她看不见时偷她的东西!

旁白 neutral

On the last day Dr. Snatch came to visit, his medicines were different

斯纳奇医生最后一次上门那天,他带的药不一样了。

旁白 neutral

He did not ask Mrs. Blurrie to lie down

他没有让布勒里太太躺下。

旁白 neutral

He did not put lotion on her eyelids. And he did not put drops in her eyes

他没有在她的眼皮上涂抹药膏,也没有往她眼睛里滴药水。

旁白 neutral

" You are finally ready for the last step, Mrs. Blurrie," he announced proudly

“您终于可以进行最后一步了,布勒里太太,”他骄傲地宣布。

旁白 neutral

" I have saved you from an illness that would have made you blind, and that the disease is gone, we can correct your vision."

“我已经把您从一种会让您失明的疾病中拯救了出来,既然病已经祛除,我们现在就可以矫正您的视力了。”

旁白 neutral

With that, Mrs. Blurrie heard the doctor remove something from a paper bag, and then she felt something heavy on her nose and ears

说完,布勒里太太听到医生从纸袋里拿出什么东西,接着,她感觉鼻子和耳朵上压了个沉甸甸的东西。

旁白 neutral

When she looked straight ahead, she could see perfectly!

当她直视前方时,看得很清楚!

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Blurrie went over to the mirror to see someone she had not seen for a very long time: herself!

布勒里太太走到镜子前,去看一个她很久很久没见过的人——她自己!

旁白 neutral

In the mirror she saw that she was wearing glasses

在镜子里,她看到自己戴着一副眼镜。

旁白 neutral

" Why, it's just these glasses that are helping me see," she said, a little disappointed

“哎呀,原来只是这副眼镜在帮我看东西啊。”她有点失望地说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, first we had to cure the disease that was in your eyes so that the glasses could work

“是的,我们先得治好你眼睛里的病,这样眼镜才能起作用。

旁白 neutral

And now you can see!" Dr. Snatch turned to his bag and pulled out a piece of paper

现在你能看见了!”斯纳奇医生转向他的包,抽出一张纸。

旁白 neutral

" Here is my bill for saving your sight," he said, handing her the paper as if he had done something very great

“这是治好你眼睛的账单,”他说着,把纸递给她,好像完成了一件很了不起的事。

旁白 neutral

" My, that must have been very expensive medicine, but we did have an agreement

“天哪,那药一定非常贵,不过我们确实有约定。

旁白 neutral

Let me go get some money." Mrs. Blurrie turned to go to the kitchen, where she hid her money in the cookie jar

我去拿钱。”布勒里太太转身去厨房,她把钱藏在饼干罐里。

旁白 neutral

When she looked at her kitchen, she noticed something strange

当她看向厨房时,发现有些不对劲。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Blurrie screamed," My kitchen is empty! Where are my dishes?

“我的厨房空了!我的盘子呢?”布勒里太太尖叫道。

旁白 neutral

Where are my pictures? Where is my cookie jar?"

“我的画呢?我的饼干罐呢?”

旁白 neutral

All that was left on the counter were the soapy pancakes she had made two weeks ago and Harry, her plant

厨房台面上只剩下她两周前做的肥皂薄饼,还有她的植物哈里。

旁白 neutral

When she returned to her living room, she realized that valuables were missing there as well

当她回到客厅时,发现贵重物品也不见了。

旁白 neutral

" I have been robbed!" Mrs. Blurrie cried

“我被偷了!”布勒里太太喊道。

旁白 neutral

" I cannot pay you, Dr. Snatch," Mrs. Blurrie said with suspicion

“我不能付你钱了,斯纳奇医生,”布勒里太太怀疑地说。

旁白 neutral

" I have been robbed, and everything I had that was valuable is gone."

“我被偷了,我所有值钱的东西都没了。”

旁白 neutral

" I am sorry you cannot find what you are looking for, but you must pay me, Mrs. Blurrie

“很遗憾你找不到你要的东西,但你必须付我钱,布勒里太太。

旁白 neutral

We had an agreement," he reminded her

我们有协议的,”他提醒她。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, but I have nothing with which to pay you," she said

“是的,但我没有东西可以付给你,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, then, I will be forced to have the judge put you in prison for failing to pay your bills!"

“那么,我只好让法官以不付账单为由把你关进监狱了!”

旁白 neutral

he said angrily, and he stomped out of the house

他生气地说,然后跺着脚走出了房子。

旁白 neutral

The very next day, Mrs. Blurrie and Dr. Snatch stood before a judge and told their stories

就在第二天,布勒里太太和斯纳奇医生站在法官面前,讲述了各自的说法。

旁白 neutral

" Your Honor, this woman agreed to pay me if I helped her see again

“法官大人,这个女人答应,如果我帮她恢复视力就付我钱。

旁白 neutral

Now that she can see, she tells me she cannot pay," Dr. Snatch said

现在她能看见了,却告诉我她付不起,”斯纳奇医生说。

旁白 neutral

" Is that true, Mrs. Blurrie?" the judge asked

“是真的吗,布勒里太太?”法官问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, Your Honor, it is true. I did agree to pay Dr. Snatch if he helped me see again

“是的,法官大人,是真的。我确实同意如果斯纳奇医生帮我恢复视力就付钱。

旁白 neutral

But it is also true that we agreed I would not have to pay him if he did not restore my sight," Mrs. Blurrie replied

但我们也约定,如果他没有恢复我的视力,我就不用付钱,”布勒里太太回答。

旁白 neutral

" Well, can you see or not?" the judge asked

“那么,你到底能不能看见?”法官问。

旁白 neutral

" Sir, Dr. Snatch says I can see. However, I believe that I still cannot," she said

“先生,斯纳奇医生说我能看见。然而,我觉得我还是看不见,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Why is that?" asked the judge

“为什么?”法官问。

旁白 neutral

" Your Honor, before I lost my sight I loved to look at all of the valuable things in my home: my silver, my china, my pictures, and my cookie jar

“法官大人,在我失明之前,我喜欢看家里所有值钱的东西:我的银器、瓷器、画和饼干罐。

旁白 neutral

To this day, I cannot see any of those valuable things

直到今天,我还是看不见那些值钱的东西。

旁白 neutral

Thus, I have not been healed, and I don't owe him anything," Mrs. Blurrie insisted

因此,我没有被治好,我不欠他任何东西,”布勒里太太坚持道。

旁白 neutral

" I see your point," the judge said as he rubbed his chin

“我明白你的意思,”法官摸着下巴说。

旁白 neutral

" Dr. Snatch, since Mrs. Blurrie is unable to see what she once loved to look upon, she has not been cured and owes you nothing

“斯纳奇医生,既然布勒里太太看不见她曾经喜欢看的东西,她就没有被治好,不欠你任何东西。

旁白 neutral

Thank you and have a nice day."

谢谢,祝你愉快。”

旁白 neutral

And with that, the judge dismissed them from his court

说完,法官便让他们离开法庭。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Blurrie went home and celebrated with Harry

布勒里太太回到家,和她的哈里一起庆祝。

旁白 neutral

Though she didn't have her valuables, she did have what was most valuable to her―the ability to see

虽然她没有了值钱的东西,但她拥有对她来说最宝贵的东西——视力。