Level 7 · 单集故事
🎬

E31 · Episodes

031 靴子先生

靴子先生

Little Fox Level 7 · Single Stories · Episode 31 — 靴子先生.

84 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Once upon a time, there was a man who had three sons named Peter, Paul, and Boots

从前,有一个人,他有三个儿子,分别叫皮特、保罗和小靴子。

旁白 neutral

The father was very poor. He didn't have a single penny to give to his sons

这位父亲非常贫穷,连一个便士都没有留给儿子们。

旁白 neutral

One day he said to his sons," I am poor. I have nothing to give you

一天,他对儿子们说:“我很穷,没什么能给你们的。

旁白 neutral

It is time for you to lead your own lives in the world."

你们是时候该出去闯荡,去过你们自己的生活了。”

旁白 neutral

As the brothers were preparing to start their new lives, a man came to their town

正当兄弟们准备开始他们的新生活时,有个人来到了镇上。

旁白 neutral

He said to everyone," Our great king has two terrible tasks

他对所有人说:“我们伟大的国王有两个艰巨的任务要交代。

旁白 neutral

First, you must chop down a giant oak tree that is blocking his window

首先,必须砍倒一棵挡住了他窗户的阳光的巨大橡树。

旁白 neutral

Next, you must dig him a well. If you complete these two tasks, he will give you half of his kingdom and half of his treasure

接着,必须为他挖一口井。如果你们能完成这两项任务,他会把他半个王国和一半财富分给你。

旁白 neutral

If you fail these tasks, you will be sent to a faraway island."

如果你们失败了,就会被放逐到一个遥远的荒岛。”

旁白 neutral

The father was delighted. The tasks did not seem too hard

父亲听了很高兴。这些任务看起来没太难呢。

旁白 neutral

The brothers were delighted because they had already chopped down many trees and dug a well for their father

兄弟们很高兴,因为他们已经为父亲砍过许多树,也挖过井。

旁白 neutral

They set off for the palace with dreams of gold and jewels

他们满怀对金银财宝的梦想,向宫殿出发了。

旁白 neutral

What the king's messenger had not said was that as soon as one chip of the oak's trunk flew off, two more grew back in its place

但国王的信使没说,橡树树干一旦被劈下一块木屑,原处就会立刻长出两块。

旁白 neutral

The king's messenger also forgot to say that the king's palace was on top of a high hill, and that this hill was made of solid rock

国王的信使也忘了说,国王的宫殿坐落在一座高山上,而那座山全是坚硬的岩石。

旁白 neutral

When the brothers entered the forest, they heard something chopping and hacking away among the trees

当兄弟们走进森林时,他们听到树林里传来叮叮当当砍东西的声音。

旁白 neutral

" Do you hear that sound?" asked Boots

“你们听到那个声音了吗?”靴子问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Peter and Paul together

“听到了。”彼得和保罗异口同声地说。

旁白 neutral

" Is it unusual for a woodcutter to chop trees?" asked Paul

“樵夫砍树有什么奇怪的吗?”保罗问。

旁白 neutral

" No, but this sounds strange," said Boots." I want to see what it is."

“没有,但这声音听起来怪怪的,”靴子说,“我想去看看是什么。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Boots! You're the one who is strange

“哎呀,靴子!你才奇怪呢。

旁白 neutral

Our father was too poor to give you a real name, so he named you after an old pair of boots." His brothers laughed

我们的父亲太穷了,没法给你起个像样的名字,所以就用一双旧靴子给你命名了。”他的哥哥们大笑起来。

旁白 neutral

Boots didn't care what they said

靴子才不管他们说什么。

旁白 neutral

He walked towards the noise, and when he reached where it was coming from, he couldn't believe what he saw

他朝着声音走去,等走到它传出的地方时,他简直不敢相信自己的眼睛。

旁白 neutral

There hung an ax, hacking and chopping all by itself

那儿悬着一把斧头,正自己砍个不停。

旁白 neutral

" Good day!" said Boots." You look busy. Can I help you?"

“你好呀!”靴子说,“你看起来很忙。需要帮忙吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I am busy. And, yes, you can help

“是的,我很忙。而且,是的,你可以帮忙。

旁白 neutral

I've stood here chopping and hacking for a long time waiting for you," said the ax

我已经站在这儿砍了很久,一直在等你呢。”斧头说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, I'm here, and you can come with us," said Boots

“嗯,我来了,你可以跟我们一起走。”靴子说。

旁白 neutral

He took the ax and tucked it under his belt

他拿起斧头,把它别在腰带上。

旁白 neutral

From the forest the brothers walked into the mountains

兄弟们离开森林,走进了山里。

旁白 neutral

The mountains were very rocky, but soon they heard a noise that sounded like digging

山峦岩石嶙峋,但不久他们听到了一个像是挖土的声音。

旁白 neutral

" I wonder," said Boots," what could be digging and shoveling in all this rock?"

“我好奇,”靴子说,“在这么多的岩石里,什么东西在又挖又铲呢?”

旁白 neutral

" There you go acting strange again. Poor Boots." Peter laughed

“你又犯怪了。可怜的靴子。”彼得笑道。

旁白 neutral

" It's just a woodpecker," continued Paul

“只不过是只啄木鸟罢了,”保罗接着说。

旁白 neutral

" This sounds different," said Boots." I think I'll go see what it is."

“这声音不一样,”靴子说,“我想去看看那是什么。”

旁白 neutral

He climbed up the rocks. His brothers laughed and made fun of him

他爬上了岩石。他的兄弟们笑了起来,取笑他。

旁白 neutral

But he didn't let their teasing upset him

但他没有让他们的逗弄扰乱自己。

旁白 neutral

When he got to the top, he couldn't believe what he saw

当他到了顶上,他无法相信眼前所见。

旁白 neutral

There was a shovel that stood digging all by itself

那里有一把铲子,自己立在那里挖着土。

旁白 neutral

" Good day!" said Boots." You look busy. Can I help you?"

“你好!”靴子说,“你看起来很忙。我能帮你吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I am busy," said the shovel," and yes, you can help

“是的,我很忙,”铲子说,“是的,你可以帮忙。”

旁白 neutral

I've stood here digging and shoveling for a long time waiting for you."

我在这里挖了很久,一直在等你。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, I'm here, and you can come with us," said Boots

“嗯,我来了,你可以跟我们走。”靴子说。

旁白 neutral

He took the shovel and put it over his shoulder

他拿起铲子,扛在肩上。

旁白 neutral

After climbing over the mountains, the brothers were thirsty, so they stopped at a brook

翻过山后,兄弟们都渴了,于是在一条小溪边停了下来。

旁白 neutral

" I wonder where all this water comes from," said Boots

“我想知道这些水都是从哪里来的。”靴子说。

旁白 neutral

" We wonder if you're sick in the head." Peter and Paul laughed

“我们倒想知道你是不是脑子有病。”彼得和保罗笑道。

旁白 neutral

" Still I would like to see it for myself," said Boots

“但我还是想亲眼去看看。”靴子说。

旁白 neutral

" You're crazy, or you'll go crazy soon," said Paul

“你疯了,或者很快就疯了。”保罗说。

旁白 neutral

" The brook's here; that's all that matters. Who cares where it comes from?"

“小溪就在这里,这才是重要的。谁在乎它从哪里来?”

旁白 neutral

" Still I'd like to see it just the same," said Boots. So he went away

"不过我还是想去看看。"靴子说道,于是他便走开了。

旁白 neutral

He followed the brook and soon he could no longer hear the laughter of his brothers

他沿着小溪走,很快就听不到哥哥们的笑声了。

旁白 neutral

The brook got smaller and smaller, and finally he couldn't believe what he saw

小溪变得越来越小,最后,他简直不敢相信自己看到的景象。

旁白 neutral

There was a large walnut, and out of that walnut came a stream of water

那里有一颗大核桃,一股水流正从那核桃里流出来。

旁白 neutral

" Good day!" said Boots." You look busy. Can I help?"

"你好!" 靴子说。"你看起来很忙。需要帮忙吗?"

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I am," said the walnut." And yes, you can, because I have let this water run for a long time waiting for you."

"是的,我很忙,"核桃说,"而且,是的,你可以帮忙,因为我已经让这水流了很久,就是在等你。"

旁白 neutral

" Well, I'm here," said Boots. He plugged the hole with some moss, so the water wouldn't run out anymore

"嗯,我来了。"靴子说。他用一些苔藓塞住了洞口,这样水就不会再流出来了。

旁白 neutral

Then he stuffed the walnut into his pocket

然后他把核桃塞进了自己的口袋里。

旁白 neutral

His brothers hadn't waited for him

他的哥哥们并没有等他。

旁白 neutral

They decided that they didn't want to share the kingdom and the treasure with their strange brother, Boots

他们决定,不想和他们的怪弟弟靴子分享王国和财宝。

旁白 neutral

The oak was now twice as wide and twice as tall as it had been at first because two chips grew for every one chopped out

那棵橡树现在比最初粗了一倍、高了一倍,因为每砍掉一块木屑,就会长出两块。

旁白 neutral

When Boots reached the city, his two brothers had already tried and failed

当靴子到达城里时,他的两个哥哥已经试过并失败了。

旁白 neutral

The king was very angry; he had seen many men try and fail

国王非常生气;他已经见过许多人尝试又失败了。

旁白 neutral

He looked at Boots and said," If you are going to perform as well as your brothers, then go directly to the ship

他看着靴子说:“如果你打算表现得跟你哥哥们一样,那就直接去船上吧。”

旁白 neutral

I don't want to watch another person fail."

我不想再看到有人失败了。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, I can't succeed unless I try," said Boots

“嗯,不试试怎么知道会不会成功呢。”靴子说道。

旁白 neutral

The king wasn't happy, but he gave Boots permission, and Boots took out his ax

国王不太高兴,但还是准许了,靴子便拿出了他的斧头。

旁白 neutral

" Chop away!" he said to the ax, and away it chopped

“砍吧!”他对斧头说道,斧头就使劲砍了起来。

旁白 neutral

It chopped out four chips for every two that grew back, so it wasn't long before the old oak came down

每长回两块木屑,它就砍掉四块,所以没过多久,那棵老橡树就倒下了。

旁白 neutral

When that was done, Boots took out his shovel

砍完树后,靴子拿出了他的铲子。

旁白 neutral

" Dig away!" he said to the shovel. And the shovel began to dig and dig

“挖吧!”他对铲子说道。铲子就开始挖呀挖。

旁白 neutral

The rocks flew like leaves in the wind

石头像风中的落叶一样四处飞溅。

旁白 neutral

Soon he had dug the well, but still there was no water

很快他就挖好了井,但依然没有水。

旁白 neutral

Boots took out the walnut, he placed it in one corner of the well, and then he pulled out the moss

靴子拿出了那个核桃,把它放在井的一个角落里,然后拔掉了苔藓。

旁白 neutral

" Run away!" said Boots. And so the water ran out

“流出来吧!”靴子说道。水就流了出来。

旁白 neutral

At first the well filled with water very slowly, but soon the well filled and made a stream

起初,井里蓄水非常缓慢,但很快井就满了,还汇成了一条小溪。

旁白 neutral

The king had all the water he could ever want

国王拥有了他想要的所有水。

旁白 neutral

The king gave Boots half his kingdom and half his treasure as promised, but he was so pleased with Boots, he said

国王按照承诺,把一半的王国和一半的财富给了靴子,但他对靴子实在太满意了,便说道:

旁白 neutral

" Is there anything else that I can give you?"

“还有什么我能给你的吗?”

旁白 neutral

Boots thought for a second and said," Well, it would be nice if you'd let all the people who failed come back from the island."

靴子想了一下,说:“嗯,要是你能让所有失败的人都从岛上回来,那就太好了。”

旁白 neutral

The king agreed and said," Still that is a gift to those who failed

国王同意了,并说道:“不过,那是给那些失败者的礼物。”

旁白 neutral

Is there anything else I can give to you?"

还有什么我能给你的吗?”

旁白 neutral

Boots remembered that his brothers made fun of his name, and he said," Yes, I would like to change my name. Can I be called Mr. Boots?"

靴子想起哥哥们曾取笑他的名字,便说:“是的,我想改个名字。我能被称为‘靴子先生’吗?”

旁白 neutral

The king smiled and said," Yes, Mr. Boots, you can."

国王微笑着说:“可以,靴子先生,你可以。”