Level 6 · 单集故事
🎬

E54 · Episodes

054 北极熊群落

北极熊群落

Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 54 — 北极熊群落.

82 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Hello and welcome to the Little Fox Animal Report

大家好,欢迎收看小狐狸动物报道。

旁白 neutral

I am your host, Ian Shelback

我是你们的主持人,伊恩·谢尔巴克。

旁白 neutral

This week, I am in the frozen Arctic

本周,我身处冰封的北极。

旁白 neutral

I am interviewing a very handsome polar bear named Chilly

我正在采访一位非常英俊的北极熊,名叫奇利。

旁白 neutral

Chilly has kindly agreed not to eat me

奇利好心地同意不吃我。

旁白 neutral

Good afternoon, Chilly. You look very handsome today

下午好,奇利。你今天看起来非常英俊。

旁白 neutral

Hello, Ian. It's nice to see you

你好,伊恩。见到你很高兴。

旁白 neutral

People want to know what life is like for a polar bear, living so far north in this frozen country

人们想知道,生活在如此遥远的北方、这片冰封的土地上,北极熊的生活是怎样的。

旁白 neutral

Well, first of all, it is not a life for the weak

嗯,首先,这里的生活不适合弱者。

旁白 neutral

Many animals would not like it here. It's very cold

很多动物都不会喜欢这里。这里非常寒冷。

旁白 neutral

The Arctic is only for those of us who are hardy and strong

北极只适合我们这些坚韧强壮的家伙。

旁白 neutral

I am one of the strongest creatures in the world, and I am not afraid of anything or anyone

我是世界上最强的生物之一,我什么都不怕,也不怕任何人。

旁白 neutral

You do look very strong and large

你看起来确实非常强壮庞大。

旁白 neutral

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh?

如果你不介意我问的话,你有多重?

旁白 neutral

Well, I weigh 720 kilograms, which is big even for a polar bear

嗯,我重720公斤,即使对北极熊来说也算大个头了。

旁白 neutral

I am 160 centimeters tall, and I am 250 centimeters from head to tail. I'm not a cub!

我身高160厘米,从头到尾有250厘米。我可不再是熊宝宝了!

旁白 neutral

No, that's for sure. You must be one of the biggest and strongest bears around

当然不是了。你肯定是附近最大最强的熊之一。

旁白 neutral

Tell me, Chilly, don't your feet get cold standing on the snow all day?

告诉我,奇利,整天站在雪地上,你的脚不冷吗?

旁白 neutral

No, not at all

不,一点也不冷。

旁白 neutral

My fur covers the bottom of my feet and keeps me very warm

我的毛覆盖了脚底,让我非常暖和。

旁白 neutral

I certainly don't need silly-looking boots like you are wearing

我当然不需要像你穿的那种傻乎乎的靴子。

旁白 neutral

Look around, Ian. How many polar bears can you see?

环顾四周,伊恩。你能看到多少只北极熊?

旁白 neutral

Hmm, I don't see any polar bears, Chilly

嗯,我一只北极熊也没看到,奇利。

旁白 neutral

Right now there are ten polar bears watching you

现在有十只北极熊正在看着你呢。

旁白 neutral

But you cannot see them because they are camouflaged

但你看不到它们,因为它们伪装起来了。

旁白 neutral

Really? That is very good camouflage

真的吗?这伪装得真好。

旁白 neutral

It sure is. Hey, guys, say hello to Ian

当然。嘿,伙计们,跟伊恩打个招呼吧。

旁白 neutral

Hello, Ian. How are you today?

你好,伊恩。你今天好吗?

旁白 neutral

Fine, thank you

很好,谢谢。

旁白 neutral

Camouflage is very important for us because it helps us stay undetected when we are hunting

伪装对我们来说非常重要,因为它能让我们在捕猎时不暴露行踪。

旁白 neutral

And what exactly do you hunt?

那么你到底捕猎什么呢?

旁白 neutral

Our favorite prey is seal

我们最喜欢的猎物是海豹。

旁白 neutral

But seals are not easy to catch, so we have to be very good hunters

但是海豹不容易抓,所以我们得是非常出色的猎手。

旁白 neutral

How do you catch them?

你怎么抓它们?

旁白 neutral

Well, you have to be very patient

嗯,你必须非常有耐心。

旁白 neutral

First, I look for a hole in the ice where the seals like to come to rest

首先,我会在冰面上找一个海豹喜欢来休息的洞。

旁白 neutral

Then I hide myself beside the hole and wait until a seal appears

然后我躲到洞旁边,等待海豹出现。

旁白 neutral

When a seal climbs out of the hole, I grab it and eat it

当海豹从洞里爬出来,我就抓住它吃掉。

旁白 neutral

What do you do if the seal escapes?

如果海豹逃走了,你怎么办?

旁白 neutral

Ha-ha! The seal almost never gets away from me

哈哈!海豹几乎从来没有从我手里逃脱过。

旁白 neutral

But if it does, I chase it underwater

但如果它出现了,我就潜到水里追它。

旁白 neutral

If you can chase a seal underwater, you must be a pretty good swimmer

如果你能在水下追海豹,你游泳一定很棒。

旁白 neutral

Polar bears are exceptional swimmers

北极熊是出色的游泳健将。

旁白 neutral

Many people call us the sea bear because we can swim so far and fast

很多人管我们叫“海熊”,因为我们能游得又快又远。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes I spend almost all day swimming in the freezing waters

有时候我几乎整天都在冰冷的水里游泳。

旁白 neutral

Many animals hibernate. You know, they go to sleep during the winter

很多动物会冬眠。你知道的,它们一到冬天就去睡觉。

旁白 neutral

What about polar bears? Do you hibernate?

那北极熊呢?你们冬眠吗?

旁白 neutral

Are you kidding? No, polar bears do not hibernate

开玩笑吧?不,北极熊不冬眠。

旁白 neutral

We are too busy to waste time sleeping

我们太忙了,没时间浪费在睡觉上。

旁白 neutral

We are very hard workers. But we only eat in the spring and fall

我们干活很卖力。不过我们只在春天和秋天吃东西。

旁白 neutral

During the rest of the year, there is no food for us to eat

在一年中的其他时间里,我们就没有食物可吃了。

旁白 neutral

Really? How do you survive?

真的吗?那你们怎么生存呢?

旁白 neutral

In the spring, when the ice breaks up, we can catch plenty of seals because there are many holes in the ice

春天,冰层破裂时,我们能抓到很多海豹,因为冰面上有很多洞口。

旁白 neutral

However, in the summer, when all of the ice is gone, it is too difficult to catch seals

但是到了夏天,所有的冰都融化了,抓海豹就变得非常困难。

旁白 neutral

In the fall, we can catch seals when the ice starts to freeze again

秋天,当冰面又开始结冰时,我们又能抓到海豹了。

旁白 neutral

But in the winter, the ice is too thick for us to get the seals

可是到了冬天,冰层太厚了,我们就抓不到海豹了。

旁白 neutral

We are able to eat an enormous amount of food at one time while the food is available

在有食物的时候,我们能够一次性吃下非常多的东西,

旁白 neutral

and then store our food as fat for many months for when fresh prey is not available

然后把食物转化成脂肪储存起来,这样可以撑过好几个月没有新鲜猎物的时候。

旁白 neutral

That is very interesting. What about sports?

真有意思。那运动方面呢?

旁白 neutral

What do polar bears like to do for fun?

北极熊喜欢做什么来玩呢?

旁白 neutral

Our favorite sport is wrestling. I happen to be a champion wrestler

我们最喜欢的运动是摔跤。我碰巧是摔跤冠军。

旁白 neutral

I'm sure you are. How do you usually play?

你肯定是。你们通常怎么玩?

旁白 neutral

Let's watch!

我们来看看吧!

旁白 neutral

How do you choose a winner?

怎么选出赢家呢?

旁白 neutral

When one bear gets too tired or sore, he lies down on the ground, and the other bear is the winner

当一只熊太累或太疼时,他就会趴在地上,那另一只熊就是赢家。

旁白 neutral

I am always the winner

我向来都是赢家。

旁白 neutral

I am sure you are, Chilly. What about family? Do you have any children?

我相信你肯定是,奇利。那家庭呢?你有孩子吗?

旁白 neutral

I have a lot of children

我有很多孩子。

旁白 neutral

In fact, my wife will be having three new cubs soon

事实上,我妻子很快就要生三只新宝宝了。

旁白 neutral

Where is she now?

她现在在哪里?

旁白 neutral

She is in her den

她在她的洞里。

旁白 neutral

When a polar bear is going to have cubs, she digs a large hole in the snow

北极熊快生宝宝的时候,母熊会在雪里挖一个大洞。

旁白 neutral

Just before the cubs come, she goes and lives in the den

就在宝宝出生前,她会住进那个洞里。

旁白 neutral

Do you live in the den with her?

你和她一起住在洞里吗?

旁白 neutral

No way! I stay out in the cold all the time

才不呢!我一直都待在寒冷的外面。

旁白 neutral

Remember, polar bears are very tough animals

记住,北极熊可是非常坚强的动物。

旁白 neutral

By the way, Ian, there is a polar bear over there that seems very hungry, and he is eyeing you hungrily

顺便说一句,伊恩,那边有只北极熊看起来很饿,正饥肠辘辘地盯着你看呢。

旁白 neutral

Maybe you should be going now

也许你现在该走了。

旁白 neutral

That's a good idea. Thank you very much for the interview, Chilly

好主意。非常感谢你接受采访,奇利。

旁白 neutral

It was a real pleasure to meet you

真的很高兴认识你。

旁白 neutral

I'm sure it was an honor for you to meet a great polar bear like me. Good-bye, Ian

我敢肯定,能认识我这么伟大的北极熊是你的荣幸。再见,伊恩。

旁白 neutral

Let's get out of here!

我们快离开这儿吧!