E51 · Episodes
051 气味的晚餐
气味的晚餐
Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 51 — 气味的晚餐.
53 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
One day a poor man came to visit an effendi while he was having tea
一天,一个穷人来拜访一位埃芬迪,当时他正在喝茶。
旁白 neutral
Effendi is a title of respect for a well-educated or wealthy man in the Middle East
“埃芬迪”是对中东地区受过良好教育或富有男子的尊称。
旁白 neutral
The poor man said," Effendi Nasreddin, I need your help
穷人说:“埃芬迪纳斯雷丁,我需要您的帮助。”
旁白 neutral
I don't know if you will help me. I am a poor man, a man with no money."
我不知道您是否会帮我。我是个穷人,一个没钱的人。”
旁白 neutral
The effendi looked at the man kindly." I will help you," he said
埃芬迪和蔼地看着男人。“我会帮你的,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Tell me, what is wrong?"
“告诉我,怎么了?”
旁白 neutral
The poor man looked tired and hungry, and it took him a while to begin
穷人看起来又累又饿,他过了一会儿才开始说。
旁白 neutral
" I have a problem..." He paused suddenly
“我有个问题……”他突然停住了。
旁白 neutral
" Yes," said the effendi gently," go on."
“嗯,”埃芬迪温和地说,“说下去。”
旁白 neutral
" Yesterday I stopped in front of the door of a restaurant," the poor man said
“昨天我在一家餐馆门前停了下来,”穷人说。
旁白 neutral
" The restaurant belonged to a rich man. I ate nothing
“那家餐馆是个有钱人开的。我什么也没吃。
旁白 neutral
I only smelled the food. However, the owner came out and noticed me
我只是闻了闻饭菜的香味。可是,老板出来注意到了我。
旁白 neutral
He said I was enjoying his food, and... and... he wanted me to pay him for the food."
他说我在享用他的食物,而且……而且……他要我付钱给他。”
旁白 neutral
The poor man stopped. He turned his head and coughed
穷人停住了。他转过头咳嗽起来。
旁白 neutral
The effendi wondered if the man was crying, but he waited patiently for the man to continue
埃芬迪心想这人是不是在哭,但他耐心地等着他继续说下去。
旁白 neutral
" Please, finish your story when you are ready," said the effendi
“请吧,等您准备好了,把故事讲完。”埃芬迪说。
旁白 neutral
" Well," continued the poor man
“唉,”穷人继续说了下去。
旁白 neutral
" I, of course, had no money with me, so I couldn't pay him
“我当然身上没带钱,所以我没法付给他。
旁白 neutral
He became very angry. He shouted and shouted until the judge came
他变得非常生气,大喊大叫,直到法官过来。
旁白 neutral
The judge said I must appear in court today
法官说我今天必须出庭。
旁白 neutral
He will tell me how I am to be punished
他会告诉我,我会受到什么样的惩罚。
旁白 neutral
Please, effendi," begged the poor man," can you help me?
求您了,埃芬迪先生,”穷人恳求道,“您能帮帮我吗?
旁白 neutral
Can you say something to the judge?"
您能跟法官说几句话吗?”
旁白 neutral
The effendi offered the man some tea, and he sat thinking quietly while the man drank
埃芬迪先生给穷人倒了杯茶,然后安静地坐着思考,而穷人喝着茶。
旁白 neutral
When the man had finished his tea, the effendi spoke:
穷人喝完茶后,埃芬迪先生开口说道:
旁白 neutral
" Yes, I will go to court with you. Let's go." And they left together
“好的,我会陪你去法庭。我们走吧。”于是他们一起离开了。
旁白 neutral
When the effendi and the poor man got to court, the rich man was already there
当埃芬迪先生和穷人到达法庭时,那个富人已经在那里了。
旁白 neutral
He was waiting for them
他正在等着他们。
旁白 neutral
As soon as the rich man saw the poor man, he began shouting angrily," This man owes me the price of one dinner!
富人一看到穷人,就开始愤怒地大喊:“这个人欠我一顿饭钱!
旁白 neutral
I want my money! These beggars are all alike!
我要我的钱!这些叫花子都一个样!
旁白 neutral
They live off the work of others!"
他们靠别人的劳动过活!
旁白 neutral
It took the judge several minutes to calm the rich man down
法官花了好几分钟才让富人平静下来。
旁白 neutral
" You see how angry he is?" said the judge
“你瞧他多生气?”法官说。
旁白 neutral
" You have filled yourself up on the smell of his restaurant
“你饱闻了他餐馆的香味,
旁白 neutral
Yet you have not even paid him. You must pay him right now."
却分文未付。现在你必须付钱。”
旁白 neutral
After the effendi heard what the judge said, he stepped forward
埃芬迪听了法官的话后,走上前去。
旁白 neutral
He looked at the rich man and said," Oh, sir, do not be so upset
他看着富人说:“哦,先生,别这么难过。
旁白 neutral
This poor man is my brother, my elder brother
这个穷人是我的兄弟,我的兄长。
旁白 neutral
He is a poor man and he cannot pay you, so I will pay you instead."
他是个穷人,付不起钱,所以我来替他付。”
旁白 neutral
After he heard this, the rich man smiled a greedy smile
富人听了这话,露出了贪婪的笑容。
旁白 neutral
The effendi took a bag of coins from his belt
埃芬迪从腰间取出一个钱袋。
旁白 neutral
He bent down next to the rich man and shook the bag of coins
他俯身到富人旁边,摇了摇钱袋。
旁白 neutral
The coins jingled loudly
硬币叮当作响。
旁白 neutral
" Listen," said the effendi." Do you hear that sound?"
“听,”埃芬迪说,“你听到那声音了吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Of course I hear!" said the rich man impatiently
“我当然听到了!”富人不耐烦地说。
旁白 neutral
" Well, then," answered the effendi," the problem is solved
“那么,”埃芬迪答道,“问题解决了。
旁白 neutral
The debt is paid
债已还清。
旁白 neutral
My brother has smelled your food, and you have heard his money."
我的兄弟闻了你的饭菜香,而你听到了他的钱响声。”
旁白 neutral
The judge nodded. He was satisfied with the exchange
法官点了点头。他对这个交换感到满意。
旁白 neutral
If the poor man only smelled the rich man's food, the rich man could only charge him the sound of his money
如果穷人只是闻了富人的饭菜香,那么富人只能向他收取钱响声作为费用。
旁白 neutral
Afterward, the effendi took the arm of the poor man and handed him the bag of gold coins
随后,埃芬迪挽起穷人的胳膊,将一袋金币递给他。
旁白 neutral
" Go, my brother," said the effendi," and taste the food you have smelled so much of."
“去吧,我的兄弟,”埃芬迪说,“去尝尝你闻了那么久的饭菜吧。”
旁白 neutral
The poor man bowed respectfully and left
穷人恭敬地鞠了一躬,然后离开了。