Level 6 · 单集故事
🎬

E38 · Episodes

038 谎言变成了大谎言

谎言变成了大谎言

Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 38 — 谎言变成了大谎言.

64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Kevin is a regular boy in the fifth grade at Hillside Elementary School

凯文是山坡小学一名普通的五年级男孩。

旁白 neutral

Like most boys his age, he doesn't really like doing his homework

和大多数同龄男孩一样,他不太喜欢做家庭作业。

旁白 neutral

One day his teacher, Ms. Rose, said," Kevin, can you come up and write question five from the math homework on the board?"

有一天,他的老师罗斯老师说:“凯文,你能上来把数学作业的第五题写在黑板上吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Um, well, I, um, well, no," Kevin stammered

“嗯,那个,我,嗯,那个,不能,”凯文结结巴巴地说。

旁白 neutral

" Why not?" said Ms. Rose." Where is your homework?"

“为什么不能?”罗斯老师说,“你的作业呢?”

旁白 neutral

" Well, you see," replied Kevin," last night, after I finished my math homework, there was a problem."

“嗯,是这样的,”凯文回答,“昨天晚上,我做完数学作业后,出了个问题。”

旁白 neutral

" Really? What kind of problem, Kevin?" said Ms. Rose with surprise

“真的吗?什么问题,凯文?”罗斯老师惊讶地说。

旁白 neutral

Kevin thought quickly and said," A terrible problem

凯文飞快地想了想,说:“一个很可怕的问题。

旁白 neutral

You see, after my family went to sleep, a fire started in my house and my homework was burned."

是这样的,我家人睡着后,我家发生了火灾,我的作业被烧掉了。”

旁白 neutral

" A fire! Oh my, was anyone hurt?" asked Ms. Rose

“火灾!天哪,有人受伤吗?”罗斯老师问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, actually, my sister was burned a little

“嗯,其实,我妹妹被烧伤了一点点。”

旁白 neutral

She went to the hospital, but she is okay now," Kevin replied in a brave voice

“她去了医院,但现在没事了,”凯文勇敢地回答道。

旁白 neutral

A girl named Suzy asked," Kevin, did your whole house burn down?"

一个叫苏西的女孩问:“凯文,你的整个房子都烧毁了吗?”

旁白 neutral

Excitedly, Kevin replied," Yes, it was a very large fire and the whole house was on fire

凯文兴奋地回答:“是的,那是一场非常大的火灾,整个房子都着火了。”

旁白 neutral

There was smoke everywhere, and the flames were reaching into the sky."

“到处都是浓烟,火焰直冲天空。”

旁白 neutral

" You must have been very scared, Kevin," said Ms. Rose

“你一定很害怕,凯文,”罗斯老师说。

旁白 neutral

" I sure was," he answered

“我当然害怕了,”他回答。

旁白 neutral

" For a moment I thought that I was going to die."

“有一瞬间我以为我要死了。”

旁白 neutral

From the back of the room, Ted asked," How did you get out of your house, Kevin?"

从教室后面,泰德问:“你是怎么从房子里出来的,凯文?”

旁白 neutral

" I got out of my house by... by..." Kevin thought for a moment

“我从房子里出来是通过……通过……”凯文想了一会儿。

旁白 neutral

" A fire fighter came to the window of my room

一个消防员来到我房间的窗户前。

旁白 neutral

He pulled me out onto his ladder and carried me to safety."

他把我拉出来,放到梯子上,带到了安全的地方。”

旁白 neutral

Ms. Rose started to become suspicious

罗丝老师开始起了疑心。

旁白 neutral

" You are very lucky," she said." You could have been killed

“你很幸运,”她说,“你本来可能会没命的。

旁白 neutral

By the way Kevin, what time did the fire start?"

对了,凯文,火灾是几点开始的?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm not exactly sure, but I think about 10:30 at night," Kevin replied

“我不太确定,但我想大概是晚上十点半吧,”凯文回答。

旁白 neutral

Then Ted shouted," Hey Kevin, how many fire trucks came to your house to put out the fire?"

然后泰德大声问道:“嘿,凯文,有多少辆消防车来你家灭火?”

旁白 neutral

" I'd say about five," Kevin replied quickly

“大概有五辆吧,”凯文很快回答。

旁白 neutral

" There were two really big ladder trucks and one truck for the water

“有两辆很大的云梯车和一辆水车。

旁白 neutral

There were also two smaller trucks."

还有两辆较小的卡车。”

旁白 neutral

" It must have been very loud," said Ms. Rose

"声音一定很大吧," 罗丝老师说。

旁白 neutral

" Did many people come and watch?"

"很多人跑来围观了吗?"

旁白 neutral

" Yes, everyone from the neighborhood was there," said Kevin

"是的,整片社区的人都来了," 凯文说。

旁白 neutral

" It was very loud."

"声音特别大。"

旁白 neutral

" How did the fire start?" asked Ms. Rose

"火灾是怎么引发的?" 罗丝老师问。

旁白 neutral

" It started in the kitchen

"是从厨房烧起来的。

旁白 neutral

There was a cloth that was too close to the oven, and it caught on fire," said Kevin

有块抹布离烤箱太近,就着了火。" 凯文说。

旁白 neutral

Ms. Rose was about to catch Kevin

罗丝老师马上就要揭穿凯文了。

旁白 neutral

" Who was cooking at 10:30 p. m.?" she inquired

"晚上十点半,谁会在做饭?" 她问道。

旁白 neutral

" My mother was cooking," answered Kevin

"我妈妈在做饭," 凯文回答。

旁白 neutral

" But Kevin, you said that everyone was sleeping when the fire started," questioned Ms. Rose

“可是凯文,你说火灾发生时大家都在睡觉。”罗丝老师问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, yes, no. I forgot," stammered Kevin

“呃,是,不是。我忘了。”凯文结结巴巴地说。

旁白 neutral

" And Kevin," said Ms. Rose," you said it was a loud fire and everyone saw it, but it was not on the news this morning."

“还有,凯文,”罗丝老师说,“你说那是场声势很大的火灾,大家都看到了,可今早的新闻里并没有报道。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, maybe it was too late for the news people," he replied

“呃,也许对新闻记者来说太晚了。”他回答说。

旁白 neutral

" Okay, Kevin," Ms. Rose said, knowing that Kevin was trapped

“好吧,凯文,”罗丝老师说道,心知凯文已经被自己的谎言困住了。

旁白 neutral

" I am going to call your mother to ask her if she needs any help from our class

“我打算给你妈妈打个电话,问问她是否需要我们班同学的帮助。

旁白 neutral

Wait just a moment, and I'll be right back."

稍等一下,我很快就回来。”

旁白 neutral

" No!" pleaded Kevin

“不要!”凯文恳求道。

旁白 neutral

" Why not?" she asked

“为什么不行?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, you see, my mother is..."

“嗯,是这样,我妈妈她……”

旁白 neutral

" The truth!" demanded Ms. Rose

“说真话!”罗丝老师命令道。

旁白 neutral

" There wasn't really a fire," Kevin admitted

“其实没有发生火灾。”凯文承认了。

旁白 neutral

" But you told us that your sister was hurt," said Suzy

“可你告诉我们你妹妹受伤了。”苏西说。

旁白 neutral

" And you told us that you were rescued by a fire fighter," said Ted

“你还告诉我们你被消防员救了。”泰德说。

旁白 neutral

" And you told us that five fire trucks came to your house," replied another boy

“你还告诉我们有五辆消防车开到你家。”另一个男孩说。

旁白 neutral

" Kevin is a liar!" shouted all the children

“凯文是个骗子!”所有的孩子都喊道。

旁白 neutral

Ms. Rose looked at Kevin and explained," Sometimes a small lie can grow into a big lie

罗丝老师看着凯文,解释道:“有时候,一个小小的谎言会演变成一个巨大的谎言。

旁白 neutral

You started with one lie

你从一句谎话开始。

旁白 neutral

Then, because of your first lie, you needed to tell another lie

然后,因为你的第一个谎话,你需要说另一个谎话来圆。

旁白 neutral

Those two lies led to another lie and then another lie

那两个谎话又引出更多的谎话。

旁白 neutral

And this big lie means seven days detention for you, young man

而这个大谎话意味着你要被留校察看七天,年轻人。

旁白 neutral

So what did you learn today?" asked Ms. Rose

那么,你今天学到了什么?”罗丝老师问道。

旁白 neutral

" I should tell the truth," said Kevin in a soft voice

“我应该说实话。”凯文轻声说道。

旁白 neutral

" That's right. The more you lie, the more you need to lie."

“没错。你说的谎越多,就需要说更多的谎。”