Level 6 · 单集故事
🎬

E07 · Episodes

007 潜艇内部探险

潜艇内部探险

Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 7 — 潜艇内部探险.

67 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It was the navy's Fleet Week

那是海军的舰队周。

旁白 neutral

The bay was full of ships for people to see and visit

海湾里停满了供人们参观和登船游览的船只。

旁白 neutral

Orson stood with his cousin Nick on top of a long black submarine

奥森和他的表哥尼克一起站在一艘黑色长潜艇的顶部。

旁白 neutral

Nick was a sailor who worked aboard this underwater vessel

尼克是一名水手,就在这艘水下舰艇上工作。

旁白 neutral

" What does this submarine do?" Orson asked

“这艘潜艇是做什么的?”奥森问道。

旁白 neutral

" The navy uses submarines to help protect our country," Nick said

“海军使用潜艇来帮助保护我们的国家。”尼克说。

旁白 neutral

" Most of our missions are for military research. Ready to see inside?"

“我们大部分的任务是进行军事研究。准备好进去看看了吗?”

旁白 neutral

Orson shivered. The sub had no windows

奥森打了个寒颤。潜艇没有窗户。

旁白 neutral

It seemed scary

这看起来有点吓人。

旁白 neutral

Nick climbed down the ladder inside the hatch, the round opening that led into the sub

尼克顺着梯子爬进了舱口,那个通向潜艇内部的圆形开口。

旁白 neutral

" Come on down," he called

“快下来吧,”他喊道。

旁白 neutral

Orson cautiously stepped onto the ladder's first rung

奥森小心翼翼地踩上梯子的第一级。

旁白 neutral

" Will the sub sink while we're on board?"

“我们在船上时潜艇会沉吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Subs control when they submerge," Nick assured him as they climbed down the ladder

“潜艇可以控制下潜时机,”尼克一边爬下梯子,一边安慰他。

旁白 neutral

" Tanks filled with air help them float

“充满空气的水箱能让它们浮起来。

旁白 neutral

To submerge, we pump water into the tanks

要下潜时,我们就把水抽进水箱。

旁白 neutral

That makes the sub heavier, so it goes down."

这样潜艇变重,就会沉下去。”

旁白 neutral

" How does it get back up?"

“那它怎么再浮起来?”

旁白 neutral

" We fill the tanks with air again to make it float."

“我们再把水箱充满空气,让它浮起来。”

旁白 neutral

Nick grinned at him." We won't submerge today."

尼克朝他咧嘴一笑。“我们今天不会下潜。”

旁白 neutral

Orson reached the bottom of the ladder

奥森下到了梯子底部。

旁白 neutral

" Why is it so cramped in here?

“这里面怎么这么狭窄?

旁白 neutral

The sub looks huge on the outside."

从外面看潜艇很大呀。”

旁白 neutral

" Nuclear subs are big

“核潜艇是很大。

旁白 neutral

This one is over ninety meters long, but the power plant and equipment take up most of the space," said Nick

这艘有九十多米长,但动力装置和设备占了大部分空间,”尼克说。

旁白 neutral

" The 135 crew members get any room that's left."

“剩下这点儿地方就给135名船员住了。”

旁白 neutral

He laughed." Some subs, like the ones they use for scientific research, are powered with oil

他笑了。“有些潜艇,比如搞科研用的那些,是烧油的。

旁白 neutral

Oil-powered subs must surface every few days

烧油的潜艇每隔几天就得浮出水面。

旁白 neutral

Nuclear subs can stay underwater for months."

核潜艇能在水下待上好几个月。”

旁白 neutral

" Don't you run out of water and air when the sub stays underwater that long?"

“潜艇在水下待那么久,水和空气不会用完吗?”

旁白 neutral

" We make our own fresh water and air."

我们自己制造淡水和空气。

旁白 neutral

" We made fresh water in school!" Orson said

“我们在学校制造过淡水!”奥森说。

旁白 neutral

" We boiled salt water and saved the condensed steam. Is that what you do?"

我们煮沸盐水,收集冷凝的蒸汽。你们也这样做吗?

旁白 neutral

" Exactly," said Nick

“正是如此,”尼克说。

旁白 neutral

" We make enough water for crew members to drink and take a three-minute shower every day

我们制造足够的水,供船员饮用,并让他们每天洗三分钟的澡。

旁白 neutral

Most of the water, though, is used to cool equipment."

不过,大部分的水是用来冷却设备的。

旁白 neutral

" How do you make air?"

“你们怎么制造空气?”

旁白 neutral

" We take oxygen from water

我们从水中提取氧气。

旁白 neutral

And we can reuse existing air by getting rid of the carbon dioxide people breathe out."

我们还可以去除人们呼出的二氧化碳,从而重复使用现有的空气。

旁白 neutral

" Cool," Orson said

“真酷。”奥森说。

旁白 neutral

Nick led Orson through rooms filled with computers

尼克领着奥森穿过摆满计算机的房间。

旁白 neutral

" We navigate with GPS on the surface, but GPS doesn't work underwater

“我们在水面用GPS导航,但到了水下GPS就不管用了,

旁白 neutral

So we navigate by keeping track of our direction and speed."

所以我们就靠追踪航向和速度来导航。”

旁白 neutral

" How do you keep the sub from crashing into things?"

“那怎么不让潜艇撞上别的东西呢?”

旁白 neutral

" We use sound. We listen for sounds from other ships

“我们用声音。我们监听其他船只发出的声音。

旁白 neutral

We also use a device called sonar

我们还用一种叫‘声纳’的设备。

旁白 neutral

It bounces sound off objects to detect and locate them."

它向物体发射声波,通过回声来探测和定位它们。”

旁白 neutral

" That's what dolphins do!" Orson said

“海豚就是这么干的!”奥森说。

旁白 neutral

They climbed down a narrow stairway

他们爬下一段狭窄的楼梯。

旁白 neutral

Here beds were stacked three-high along the walls

这里的床铺沿墙叠成三层。

旁白 neutral

" This is the crew's quarters."

“这里是船员住舱。”

旁白 neutral

Nick pointed to a small drawer under one bed

尼克指着一张床下的一个小抽屉。

旁白 neutral

" I keep all my stuff here."

“我所有东西都放在这儿。”

旁白 neutral

" Everything?" Orson had a room full of stuff at home

“所有东西?”奥森在家里可是有一整间屋子的东西呢。

旁白 neutral

" What do you do all day?"

“你们整天都做什么呀?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm on watch for eight hours

“我要值八个小时的班。

旁白 neutral

That's when I'm helping to operate the sub

这段时间我要帮着操作潜艇。

旁白 neutral

When I'm not on watch, I still have to work to help clean and maintain the sub

不值班的时候,也还有工作要做,得帮忙打扫和保养潜艇。

旁白 neutral

We get some free time too

我们也有一些自由活动的时间。

旁白 neutral

Then I sleep for eight hours."

然后就是八小时的睡眠。”

旁白 neutral

Suddenly the sub rocked

突然,潜艇晃动了一下。

旁白 neutral

" Whoa!" Orson said

“哇!”奥森叫了一声。

旁白 neutral

" Don't worry," Nick said

“别担心,”尼克说,

旁白 neutral

" Waves rock subs on the surface, but it's smooth sailing underwater."

“潜艇在水面会受波浪摇晃,但到了水下就平稳了。”

旁白 neutral

" I believe you." Orson smiled

“我相信你。”奥森笑了。

旁白 neutral

" Living underwater seems like living in a spaceship!

“在水下生活,真像是在太空船里生活!

旁白 neutral

But I think I like living on land better!"

不过,我想我还是更喜欢住在陆地上!”