Level 6 · 单集故事
🎬

E06 · Episodes

006 足球场的恶霸

足球场的恶霸

Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 6 — 足球场的恶霸.

69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Eliot roamed through Mickey's Sports, browsing shelves stocked with tennis rackets and baseball bats

艾略特在米奇体育用品店里闲逛,浏览着摆满网球拍和棒球棒的货架。

旁白 neutral

His younger brother, Sean, was searching for a new goalkeeper's jersey in the soccer aisle

他的弟弟肖恩正在足球装备区找一件新的守门员球衣。

旁白 neutral

Soccer tryouts started on Monday, and Sean wanted a new jersey for good luck

足球选拔赛周一开始,肖恩想买件新球衣求个好运气。

旁白 neutral

As Eliot headed back toward the soccer gear, he spotted an athletic boy looming over Sean

艾略特返回足球装备区时,看到一个体格强壮的男孩正居高临下地对着肖恩。

旁白 neutral

" Sean must have bumped into a friend," he thought

“肖恩大概是碰上了朋友吧,”他想。

旁白 neutral

Then he saw the kid jab Sean with a finger." Hey!" Eliot shouted

接着他看见那男孩用手指猛戳肖恩。“嘿!”艾略特喊道。

旁白 neutral

Sean's face turned bright red when he saw Eliot rushing toward him

肖恩看见艾略特冲过来时,脸涨得通红。

旁白 neutral

" Stay off the soccer field, loser!" the kid snarled before he stalked off, snickering

“离足球场远点,废物!”那男孩恶狠狠地吼道,然后窃笑着大步走开了。

旁白 neutral

" Who was that?" Eliot asked

“那是谁?”艾略特问。

旁白 neutral

Sean held up a lime green jersey

肖恩举起一件柠檬绿的球衣。

旁白 neutral

" What do you think?" he joked weakly

“你觉得怎么样?”他无力地开着玩笑。

旁白 neutral

" Does this go with my red hair and freckles?"

“这和我红头发、雀斑配吗?”

旁白 neutral

Before Eliot could reply, Sean shoved the jersey back in a pile on the shelf

没等艾略特回答,肖恩就把球衣塞回了货架上的一堆衣服里。

旁白 neutral

" Let's get out of here. I can't afford a new jersey anyway."

“我们走吧。反正我也买不起新球衣。”

旁白 neutral

On Monday Eliot wasn't expecting to see Sean until dinnertime, after his first tryout session had ended

周一那天,艾略特本以为要到晚饭时肖恩的第一次选拔赛结束后才能见到他。

旁白 neutral

But when Eliot entered the kitchen after school, Sean was perched on a counter stool

可放学后,艾略特一进厨房,就看到肖恩正坐在吧台凳上。

旁白 neutral

" Sean! What are you doing here?"

"肖恩!你怎么在这儿?"

旁白 neutral

" I live here," he said sarcastically." Remember?"

"我住这儿啊,"他不客气地说。"忘了?"

旁白 neutral

" That's not what I meant," Eliot said

"我不是那个意思。"艾略特说。

旁白 neutral

" Why aren't you at tryouts?"

"你为什么没去选拔赛?"

旁白 neutral

" Because I'm not trying out."

"因为我不打算参加了。"

旁白 neutral

" What?"

"什么?"

旁白 neutral

" I won't make the team. So what's the point?"

"我进不了球队的。那还有什么意义?"

旁白 neutral

" The point is, you love soccer," Eliot said

"关键在于你喜欢足球。"艾略特说。

旁白 neutral

" And you've been preparing for tryouts for months."

“而且你已经为选拔赛准备了几个月了。”

旁白 neutral

" That was before I — " Sean's mouth abruptly snapped shut

“那是在我——”肖恩突然闭上了嘴。

旁白 neutral

" Before what?" Eliot demanded

“在什么之前?”艾略特追问道。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly he flashed back to the scene at Mickey's Sports

突然,他回想起在米奇体育用品店的那一幕。

旁白 neutral

" It's that kid from the store!

“是那个店里的那小子!

旁白 neutral

He's the reason you skipped tryouts

他就是你错过选拔赛的原因。

旁白 neutral

You can't let him bully you into staying on the sidelines!"

你不能让他欺负得你只能在场边旁观!”

旁白 neutral

" It's my own fault," Sean said

“是我自己的错。”肖恩说。

旁白 neutral

" I shouldn't have bragged about my goalie skills to him."

“我不该向他炫耀我的守门员技术。”

旁白 neutral

" Whoa." Eliot held up a hand

“哇。”艾略特举起一只手。

旁白 neutral

" It's not your fault

“那不是你的错。”

旁白 neutral

That kid is a bully, plain and simple."

那孩子就是个恶霸,没什么好说的。”

旁白 neutral

He frowned." Has he harmed you physically?"

他皱起眉头。“他伤害过你的身体吗?”

旁白 neutral

Sean shook his head

肖恩摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" George just threatens to hurt me

“乔治只是威胁要打我。

旁白 neutral

Plus, he posts mean stuff about me on social media

而且,他还在社交媒体上发一些关于我的刻薄内容。

旁白 neutral

I figured he'd finally leave me alone if I sat out tryouts this year."

我想,如果我今年不参加选拔赛,他也许就会放过我了。”

旁白 neutral

He sighed." I can try out next year."

他叹了口气。“我可以明年再参加选拔。”

旁白 neutral

" No way," Eliot said firmly

“不行,”艾略特坚定地说。

旁白 neutral

" You're not allowing some dumb bully to sabotage your soccer tryout."

“你不能让一个可恶的恶霸毁了你的足球选拔赛。”

旁白 neutral

He glanced at the clock

他瞟了一眼时钟。

旁白 neutral

" I'm driving you back to school

"我开车送你回学校。

旁白 neutral

I'll give you some tips for dealing with bullies on the way."

路上我会给你一些应对霸凌的小建议。"

旁白 neutral

On Friday afternoon Eliot parked at the soccer field

周五下午,艾略特把车停在了足球场边。

旁白 neutral

" Today's the day," he thought anxiously

"就是今天了,"他忐忑地想着。

旁白 neutral

On the field the players huddled around Coach as she announced the names and positions of the players who'd made the team

球场上,队员们围拢在教练身边,听她念出入选队员的名字和位置。

旁白 neutral

Eliot didn't see George in the huddle

艾略特没在那群人里看到乔治。

旁白 neutral

A few minutes later, Sean approached the car, head down

几分钟后,肖恩垂着头,朝车子走来。

旁白 neutral

" Uh-oh," Eliot thought

"哎呀,"艾略特心想。

旁白 neutral

Then Sean lifted his head — and grinned!

接着肖恩抬起头——咧嘴笑了!

旁白 neutral

Eliot hopped out of the car." You made the team!"

艾略特跳下车。"你被选上了!"

旁白 neutral

" Yep. I'm the starting goalie!" Sean said as Coach joined them

"是啊,我还是首发守门员呢!"肖恩说着,这时教练也走了过来。

旁白 neutral

Coach shook Sean's hand

教练握了握肖恩的手。

旁白 neutral

" Sean, you demonstrated great leadership on Monday by asking me to talk with everyone about bullying

"肖恩,周一你请我跟大家谈谈霸凌的事,这展现了出色的领导力。

旁白 neutral

It turns out you weren't the only one having issues with George."

原来不只是你一个人跟乔治有矛盾。"

旁白 neutral

" Talking to an adult," Eliot thought with a smile

"得跟大人说,"艾略特微笑着想。

旁白 neutral

" That's a brilliant strategy for dealing with bullies

"这真是个应对霸凌的绝妙策略。

旁白 neutral

I wonder who thought of it."

会是谁想出来的呢。"

旁白 neutral

" Teamwork is important, and one bully can hurt the whole team," Coach went on

"团队合作很重要,一个霸凌者就可能伤害整个团队,"教练继续说道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm sorry I didn't know about the situation sooner

"很抱歉我没能更早地了解情况。

旁白 neutral

We now have a strict no-bullying policy, thanks to you."

多亏了你,我们现在有了严格的反霸凌规定。"

旁白 neutral

A few minutes later Eliot turned his car onto Main Street

几分钟后,艾略特把车拐上了主街。

旁白 neutral

" Where are we going?" Sean asked

"我们要去哪儿?"肖恩问。

旁白 neutral

" Back to Mickey's Sports," he said

"回米奇体育用品店,"他说。

旁白 neutral

" To celebrate our victory, I'm going to buy you that green jersey!"

"为了庆祝咱们的胜利,我要把那件绿色球衣买给你!"