E104 · Episodes
105 父亲的智慧
父亲的智慧
Little Fox Level 5 · Single Stories · Episode 104 — 父亲的智慧.
63 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Long ago, a rich man lived in a small village with his son
很久以前,一个富人和他的儿子住在一个小村庄里。
旁白 neutral
The father had to send his son to school far away from home
父亲不得不把儿子送到离家很远的学校。
旁白 neutral
" Son," he said," you will receive a good education at this school."
“儿子,”他说,“你会在这所学校接受良好的教育。”
旁白 neutral
So the son went away to study
于是,儿子离家去求学。
旁白 neutral
The father was very sad, but he believed it would be worth it
父亲非常难过,但他相信这一切都值得。
旁白 neutral
Someday his son would come back as a successful and well-educated man
总有一天,儿子会功成名就、满腹经纶地回来。
旁白 neutral
A few years later, the father became very sick
几年后,父亲病得很重。
旁白 neutral
He called his servant," Come here
他叫来仆人:“过来。
旁白 neutral
I want you to write down my will
我要你记下我的遗嘱。
旁白 neutral
I might not be able to see my son again."
我可能再也见不到我的儿子了。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, master." The servant obeyed
“是,主人。”仆人遵从道。
旁白 neutral
" To you, my servant, I will give all of my money and my lands
“给你,我的仆人,我将把所有的钱和土地都给你。
旁白 neutral
To my son, I will give one thing only, but he may choose what he will ask for
至于我的儿子,我只给他一样东西,但他可以自己选择要什么。
旁白 neutral
Please deliver this will to my son."
请把这份遗嘱交给我的儿子。”
旁白 neutral
" Of course, master," said the servant
“当然可以,主人。”仆人说。
旁白 neutral
Then the father died
之后,那位父亲便去世了。
旁白 neutral
" Ha-ha! All he had is now mine." The servant laughed
“哈哈!他拥有的一切现在都是我的了。”仆人笑着说。
旁白 neutral
He was so pleased that he hurried to the son and gave him the letter from his dead father
他高兴极了,急忙赶到那个儿子那里,把已故父亲的信交给他。
旁白 neutral
" Oh no! Father!" cried the son
“哦,不!父亲!”儿子哭喊道。
旁白 neutral
Days passed, and the son was sad and puzzled
日子一天天过去,儿子既悲伤又困惑。
旁白 neutral
He did not understand why his father had left everything to the servant, but only one request to him
他不明白为什么父亲把一切都留给了仆人,只向他提出了一个请求。
旁白 neutral
" Why did my father give everything to his servant? Why?"
“为什么父亲把所有东西都给了他的仆人?为什么?”
旁白 neutral
The son consulted his wise teacher about this
儿子就此事请教了他那位睿智的老师。
旁白 neutral
" Teacher, I never hurt my father and always tried to obey him
“老师,我从未伤害过父亲,也一直努力听他的话。
旁白 neutral
I thought he loved me
我以为他爱我。
旁白 neutral
But I guess he did not love me after all."
但我想他终究还是不爱我。”
旁白 neutral
" Wait, don't think like that," answered the teacher
“等等,别那样想,”老师回答。
旁白 neutral
" He really was a very wise father!"
“他真是一位非常智慧的父亲!”
旁白 neutral
" What? I don't understand," said the son
“什么?我不明白,”儿子说。
旁白 neutral
The teacher explained:
老师解释道:
旁白 neutral
" After your father died, you said that there was no one in the house besides the servant."
“你父亲去世后,你说家里除了仆人没有别人。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes!" said the son
“是的!”儿子说。
旁白 neutral
" Then, after he died, what if the servant had run away with all of your father's treasures?
“那么,他死后,如果仆人带着你父亲所有的财宝逃跑了呢?
旁白 neutral
Your father must have worried about this
你父亲一定担心过这一点。
旁白 neutral
So he told the servant that everything would belong to him
所以他告诉仆人,所有东西都将属于他。
旁白 neutral
That way, his servant was pleased to come and tell you about your father's death."
这样一来,他的仆人就乐意来告诉你你父亲的死讯。”
旁白 neutral
" But what good does it do me?
“但这对我有什么好处呢?
旁白 neutral
Father's servant owns everything now!" complained the son
父亲的仆人现在拥有了一切!”儿子抱怨道。
旁白 neutral
" Think about it a bit more," suggested the teacher
“再好好想想,”老师建议道。
旁白 neutral
" Remember that every servant's possessions belong to his master
“记住,所有仆人的财产都属于他的主人。
旁白 neutral
Doesn't your father's will say that you can ask for one thing?"
你父亲的遗嘱上不是写着你可以要一样东西吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Yes!"
“是的!”
旁白 neutral
" So ask your father's servant to be your servant
“那就要求你父亲的仆人来做你的仆人。”
旁白 neutral
Then everything of your father's will belong to you!"
这样你父亲的一切就都属于你了!”
旁白 neutral
" Ah!" cried the son
“哦!”儿子叫了起来。
旁白 neutral
" Now I understand how wise my father was!
“现在我明白我的父亲有多智慧了!
旁白 neutral
I must go back home right away."
我得马上回家去。”
旁白 neutral
He thanked his teacher and left
他向老师道了谢,然后离开了。
旁白 neutral
When he returned home, he met his father's servant
回到家后,他见到了父亲的仆人。
旁白 neutral
" I am here to make my one request," he said
“我是来提出我的一个请求的,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Okay," replied the servant
“好的,”仆人回答。
旁白 neutral
" According to your father's will, you can ask for only one thing."
“根据你父亲的遗嘱,你只能要一样东西。”
旁白 neutral
" My only request is that you serve me for the rest of your life."
“我唯一的请求就是让你余生都来服侍我。”
旁白 neutral
" What? No way!" said the servant
“什么?不可能!”仆人说。
旁白 neutral
But deep down inside his heart, the servant knew that a servant's possessions belong to his master
但在内心深处,仆人知道,仆人的财产是属于主人的。
旁白 neutral
He could not refuse the son's request
他无法拒绝儿子的请求。
旁白 neutral
" Do not feel so sad," said the son
“别太难过了,”儿子说。
旁白 neutral
" I will share my wealth with you."
“我会和你分享我的财富的。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh, thank you! I will serve you gladly!" replied the servant
“哦,谢谢你!我很乐意服侍你!”仆人回答。
旁白 neutral
The son was proud to be the son of such a wise man
儿子为自己是这样一个智慧之人的儿子感到自豪。
旁白 neutral
So he tried to become just like his father
于是他努力想成为像父亲那样的人。
旁白 neutral
He treated his servant very well
他对自己的仆人非常好。
旁白 neutral
Eventually, the son also became a wise and successful businessman, just like his father
最终,儿子也像他父亲一样,成为了一位智慧而成功的商人。