Level 4 · 单集故事
🎬

E20 · Episodes

020 选举问题

选举问题

Little Fox · Single Stories · Episode 20 — 选举问题.

56 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Election Day was coming up everywhere — even at my school

选举日马上就要到了,到处都在准备——连我的学校也不例外。

旁白 neutral

But I had a problem

但我遇到了一个难题。

旁白 neutral

My two best friends were running for school president!

我最好的两个朋友都在竞选学校主席!

旁白 neutral

I could only vote for one of them

我只能把票投给他们中的一个人。

旁白 neutral

Abby is really smart

艾比特别聪明。

旁白 neutral

She's my next-door neighbor

她住我家隔壁。

旁白 neutral

She moved here a couple years ago

她是几年前搬来的。

旁白 neutral

Matt is really popular

马特人缘特别好。

旁白 neutral

I've known him since kindergarten

我从幼儿园起就认识他了。

旁白 neutral

We play on the same baseball team

我们在同一支棒球队打球。

旁白 neutral

I helped them make campaign posters to hang in the school hallways

我帮他们两个都做了竞选海报,要挂在学校的走廊里。

旁白 neutral

Matt and Abby both said," Vote for me!"

马特和艾比都对我说:“投我一票!”

旁白 neutral

But how could I choose between my best friends?

可我怎么可能在两个最好的朋友之间做出选择呢?

旁白 neutral

Ugh! I wished there was no election

唉!真希望根本没有这场选举。

旁白 neutral

" Why do we have to vote?"

“为什么我们必须投票?”

旁白 neutral

I asked Mrs. Hardy during social studies

我在社会研究课上问哈迪老师。

旁白 neutral

" Voting is a way for people to show their opinions," she explained

她解释说:“投票是人们表达意见的一种方式。”

旁白 neutral

" Then decisions can be made based on the majority."

“然后可以根据多数人的意见做出决定。”

旁白 neutral

That didn't solve my problem

那并没有解决我的问题。

旁白 neutral

I decided to ask my sister about voting

我决定问问我的姐姐关于投票的事。

旁白 neutral

Becca turned 18 this year

贝卡今年满18岁了。

旁白 neutral

She can vote in a real election for the first time

她第一次可以在真正的选举中投票。

旁白 neutral

" I can't wait to vote," she said

她说:“我等不及要投票了。”

旁白 neutral

" Voting is a privilege!"

“投票是一种特权!”

旁白 neutral

" Who are you voting for?" I asked

我问:“你投票给谁?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm not telling you."

“我不告诉你。”

旁白 neutral

She stuck her tongue out at me

她冲我吐了吐舌头。

旁白 neutral

" Voting is private

“投票是保密的。

旁白 neutral

That way people can feel free when they vote."

这样大家投票时才能毫无顾虑。”

旁白 neutral

Downstairs, Mom and Dad were stuffing envelopes

楼下,爸爸妈妈正在往信封里塞东西。

旁白 neutral

They volunteer for Mayor Morgan's campaign

他们在为摩根市长的竞选活动做义工。

旁白 neutral

Even our front lawn is filled with campaign signs!

连我们家的前草坪上都插满了竞选标语牌!

旁白 neutral

Mom and Dad always say that elections are important

爸爸妈妈总说,选举很重要。

旁白 neutral

" We pay taxes to the government," said Mom

“我们给政府交税,”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" So we should choose good leaders."

“所以我们应该选出好的领导者。”

旁白 neutral

" How do you know who to vote for?" I asked

“那怎么知道该投票给谁呢?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Well," said Dad

“这个嘛,”爸爸说。

旁白 neutral

" You have to think hard and know the facts."

“你得认真思考,了解事实。”

旁白 neutral

" Voting isn't just marking a ballot," added Mom

“投票不只是在选票上做个标记,”妈妈补充道。

旁白 neutral

" It's a serious responsibility

“这是一份严肃的责任。

旁白 neutral

I vote for people who will make the world better for us."

我投票给那些会让世界对我们更美好的人。”

旁白 neutral

My parents didn't solve my problem

我的父母没能解决我的难题。

旁白 neutral

But they had good advice

但他们给出了好建议。

旁白 neutral

I thought really hard about who to vote for

我非常认真地想了想该投票给谁。

旁白 neutral

Abby wanted new classroom computers

艾比想要新的教室电脑。

旁白 neutral

Matt wanted to fix the baseball field

马特想要修整棒球场。

旁白 neutral

They both had good ideas

他们俩的主意都不错。

旁白 neutral

It wasn't easy, but finally I made a decision

这真不容易,但最终我做出了决定。

旁白 neutral

This morning at school, we voted

今天早上在学校,我们投票了。

旁白 neutral

But I'm not saying who I voted for

但我不会说我投给了谁。

旁白 neutral

Like Becca said, voting is private

就像贝卡说的,投票是保密的。

旁白 neutral

The principal will announce the winner tomorrow

校长明天会宣布获胜者。

旁白 neutral

I know that he — or she! — will be a great school president

我知道他——或者她!——会成为一个很棒的学校主席。

旁白 neutral

I'm glad I answered my election question

我很高兴我解答了自己的选举疑问。

旁白 neutral

But now I have a new problem!

但现在我有了一个新难题!

旁白 neutral

How will I cheer up the friend who doesn't win? Oh no!

我该怎么安慰那个没选上的朋友呢?哦,天哪!