E16 · Episodes
016 年轻的王子
年轻的王子
Little Fox Level 6 · The Secret Garden · Episode 16 — 年轻的王子.
73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The next day the rain was still pouring down, and the moor was hidden in mist
第二天,大雨依旧倾盆而下,荒野笼罩在雾气之中。
旁白 neutral
It was not a good day for going outdoors
这不是个适合外出的日子。
旁白 neutral
Mary had to wait until afternoon to talk to Martha, who was busy working
玛丽不得不等到下午,才能和一直忙碌工作的玛莎说上话。
旁白 neutral
At last Martha came to Mary's room
玛莎终于来到了玛丽的房间。
旁白 neutral
The two girls sat by the fire, and Martha took out her knitting
两个女孩坐在壁炉旁,玛莎拿出了她的编织活儿。
旁白 neutral
" I've found out what that crying was," Mary announced
“我弄清楚那哭声是怎么回事了。”玛丽宣布道。
旁白 neutral
Martha let her knitting fall on her lap." You haven't!"
玛莎的编织物掉在了腿上。“你不会吧!”
旁白 neutral
" I heard it last night
“我昨晚听到了。
旁白 neutral
When I got up to see where it was coming from, I met Colin."
我起身去看声音从哪儿来,就遇到了科林。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh no! Everyone will think I told you where he is." Martha started to cry
“哦,不!大家都会以为是我告诉你他在哪儿的。”玛莎哭了起来。
旁白 neutral
" I'll lose my job here, and what will Mother do? We need my wages!"
“我会丢掉工作的,妈妈可怎么办?我们还需要我的工钱呢!”
旁白 neutral
" You won't lose your job. We talked and talked
“你不会丢掉工作的。我们聊了很久很久。
旁白 neutral
He showed me the picture of his mother, and I sang him to sleep
他给我看了他母亲的照片,然后我唱歌哄他睡着了。
旁白 neutral
I think he liked me."
我觉得他喜欢我。”
旁白 neutral
Martha could not believe this
玛莎简直无法相信。
旁白 neutral
Colin was a bad-tempered, spoiled boy who didn't like anyone
科林是个脾气暴躁、被宠坏了的男孩,谁都不喜欢。
旁白 neutral
" You must have bewitched him!"
“你一定是给他施了魔法!”
旁白 neutral
Mary shook her head." I heard about magic in India, but I can't make any
玛丽摇摇头。“我在印度听说过魔法,但我自己可不会什么魔法。
旁白 neutral
He seems to believe he's dying. Do you think he'll really die?"
他好像觉得自己快死了。你觉得他真的会死吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Mother says all children need fresh air," Martha stated, picking up her knitting again
“妈妈说,所有的孩子都需要新鲜空气,”玛莎说着,又拿起了毛线活儿。
旁白 neutral
" But all that boy does is lie in bed all day, looking at books and taking medicine."
“可那男孩整天做的就是躺在床上,看图画书和吃药。”
旁白 neutral
Mary stared at the fire
玛丽凝视着炉火。
旁白 neutral
" I wonder," she said slowly," if it would do him good to go out into a garden and watch things growing
“我在想,”她缓缓说道,“要是他能到花园里去,看着万物生长,会不会对他有好处呢。
旁白 neutral
I know it did me good."
我知道这对我有好处。”
旁白 neutral
Before Martha could answer, a bell rang, and she stood up
玛莎还没来得及回答,铃声响了,她便站了起来。
旁白 neutral
" That's probably his nurse wanting me to sit with him."
“可能是他的护士,想让我去陪他。”
旁白 neutral
Martha returned in a few minutes." Well, you have bewitched him
几分钟后玛莎回来了。“哎呀,你把他给迷住了。
旁白 neutral
He's sitting up on his sofa with his picture books
他正坐在沙发上,翻着他的图画书。
旁白 neutral
He told the nurse to stay away until six o'clock, and he wants you to come see him."
他让护士六点之前都别来,还想让你去看看他。”
旁白 neutral
Mary followed Martha to Colin's room
玛丽跟着玛莎去了科林的房间。
旁白 neutral
She was surprised that the room looked so beautiful in the daylight and that Colin looked less pale
她惊讶地发现房间在日光下如此美丽,科林看起来也没那么苍白了。
旁白 neutral
" Come here," he said after Martha left." I've been thinking of you today."
“过来,”玛莎离开后他说。“我今天一直在想你。”
旁白 neutral
" I've been thinking of you too." Mary told him how afraid Martha was that she would lose her job
“我也一直在想你。”玛丽告诉他玛莎多么害怕会丢掉工作。
旁白 neutral
" Tell her to come here."
“叫她过来。”
旁白 neutral
Mary went into the next room and brought back a very frightened Martha
玛丽走进隔壁房间,带回了一个惊慌失措的玛莎。
旁白 neutral
" Must everyone in this house do as I please?" Colin asked her sternly
“这屋里的每个人都得照我的意思办吗?”科林严厉地问她。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, sir," said Martha
“是的,少爷,”玛莎说。
旁白 neutral
" Then if I order you to bring Mary to me, no one can send you away."
“那么,如果我命令你把玛丽带到我这儿来,就没人能赶你走。”
旁白 neutral
" No, sir. I just want to do my duty, sir."
“不会的,少爷。我只是想尽本分,少爷。”
旁白 neutral
" I want you to do your duty too. I'll take care of you. Now go away."
“我也要你尽本分。我会照顾你的。现在走吧。”
旁白 neutral
Martha curtsied and left the room
玛莎行了个屈膝礼,离开了房间。
旁白 neutral
" Why are you looking at me like that?" Colin demanded of Mary
“你为什么那样看着我?”科林质问玛丽。
旁白 neutral
" One time I saw a boy who was a rajah, an Indian prince
“有一次我见到一个男孩,他是位拉贾,一位印度王子。
旁白 neutral
He spoke to his people just as you spoke to Martha
他对他的仆人们说话,就像你对玛莎说话那样。
旁白 neutral
If they didn't instantly obey him, they would have been killed
如果他们不立即服从他,就会被处死。
旁白 neutral
You are so different from Dickon."
你和迪肯太不一样了。”
旁白 neutral
" Dickon? Who's that?"
“迪肯?那是谁?”
旁白 neutral
Mary told him all about Martha's brother and how he charmed the birds and animals with his music
玛丽把玛莎哥哥的事全告诉了他,以及他如何用音乐迷住鸟儿和动物。
旁白 neutral
" He knows about everything that grows or lives on the moor."
“荒原上生长的、生活的一切,他都知道。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh, how can he like that dreary moor?"
“哦,他怎么会喜欢那阴郁的荒原呢?”
旁白 neutral
Mary protested." It's the most beautiful place
玛丽辩解说:“那是最美丽的地方。
旁白 neutral
I didn't like it at first, but now I do
我一开始也不喜欢,但现在喜欢了。
旁白 neutral
You might even like it if you could go out."
要是你能出去,说不定也会喜欢上的。”
旁白 neutral
" How could I go out on the moor? I'm going to die."
“我怎么可能到荒野上去?我快要死了。”
旁白 neutral
" I don't like talking about dying
“我不喜欢谈论死。
旁白 neutral
Let's talk about Dickon and then we'll look at your picture books."
我们聊聊迪肯,然后看看你的图画书吧。”
旁白 neutral
" There's one thing we haven't talked about — we're cousins!"
“有一件事我们还没聊到——我们是表兄妹!”
旁白 neutral
For a few hours, the two children talked and laughed like ordinary ten year olds
几个钟头里,两个孩子像普通的十岁孩子一样有说有笑。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly the door opened, and in walked Dr. Craven and Mrs. Medlock
突然,门开了,克莱文医生和梅德洛克太太走了进来。
旁白 neutral
Dr. Craven looked startled." What's going on here?" he asked
克莱文医生大吃一惊。“这是怎么回事?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, I don't know how this happened!" Mrs. Medlock was flustered
“哦,我不知道这是怎么搞的!”梅德洛克太太慌了神。
旁白 neutral
Colin explained how Mary had found him the night before
科林解释了一下玛丽昨晚是怎么找到他的。
旁白 neutral
" And now we will have our tea here together."
“现在我们要在这儿一起喝茶。”
旁白 neutral
Dr. Craven did not look pleased at that news
克莱文医生听了这个消息,看起来不太高兴。
旁白 neutral
But he didn't dare oppose his young patient
但他不敢违拗他这位小病人。
旁白 neutral
" I'm afraid you've had too much excitement today."
“恐怕你今天太兴奋了。”
旁白 neutral
" I'm better today," Colin said firmly." Mary makes me better."
“我今天好多了,”科林坚定地说,“玛丽让我好起来的。”
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Medlock and Dr. Craven looked at each other in a troubled way, but there wasn't anything they could do
梅德洛克太太和克莱文医生为难地互相看了一眼,但他们也无可奈何。
旁白 neutral
Still Dr. Craven was full of warnings for Colin:
克莱文医生还是对科林叮嘱了一大堆:
旁白 neutral
" Don't talk too much, don't forget you are ill, and don't forget you tire easily."
“别讲太多话,别忘了你还在生病,也别忘你很容易累。”
旁白 neutral
Colin stared hard at Dr. Craven." I want to forget those things
科林紧紧盯着克莱文医生。“我就想忘掉那些事。
旁白 neutral
Mary makes me forget, and that's why I want her here."
玛丽能让我忘掉,所以我才要她在这儿。”
旁白 neutral
Dr. Craven looked very unhappy when he left the room
克莱文医生离开房间时,看起来很不开心。